Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics guitar tunning

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I have a B.C Rich Mockingbird, when i go to tune it with the tunner, as soon as i go back over it again to check if they are right all the strings are way off. I have gone in to my B.C rich dealer in orangeville ontario, and he told me how to change the strings and what you must do before tunning it, and said when you go over it with the tunner, get all the strings close to perfect, and then go back over and get them all even closer untill its right. But then when i do that i find myself sitting there for a half hour doing that and it just doesnt work. The bridge will just keep rising, every time i change one string they all change and the tension in the bridge will make it rise. Could you please help me with this problem im having.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

i checked the springs and they are all there. So dont need to add another one

Anonymous

: i checked the springs and they are all there. So dont need to add another one, also it is a floyd rose setup yes

Anonymous

: : i checked the springs and they are all there. So dont need to add another one, also it is a floyd rose setup yes By "all there" do you mean 3 or 5? Yes, I knew it was Floyd Rose. It’s a Mockingbird! Probably even has black hardware. Sweet guitar! Well, you need to turn those two claw fixing screws and bring the claw closer to the body. In fine adjustments, try 1 and 1/2 turns of each screw, then proceed with half turns till you’re happy. OR, start by moving it 1/4 inch further in and see what that does. Strat man Dwight P.S. When doing this, you’re allowed to cheat a little. Tune the guitar with the headstock tuners till you like the bridge parallel to the body with strings in tune. Tune this way with the 3 locking nut clamps either loose, or completely off to save frustration and time. When you’re in range, add/tighten the clamps. It won’t make much difference to the bridge position. But you will complete the tuning with the thumb screws or micro tuners at the bridge. And never loosen those elongated saddle screws with stings under tension. You don’t need to get popped in the face.

Anonymous

a serious suggestion, if you guitar has no locking nut, or rolling nut you could try applying graphite to the nut, this will stop the string ‘slipping’ . also have you made sure that it isnt your tuner machine heads slipping? is it all the strings out of tune??

Anonymous

a floyd rose trem on it?(just wondering) check the springs at the back of the bridge. maybe u might need to add another spring. it’ll help carry the tension better. it’ll keep the bridge from rising and stop the strings going outta tune as much. (my mates guitar had a similar problem) hope this helps Luv Jilly

Anonymous

: a floyd rose trem on it?(just wondering) check the springs at the back of the bridge. maybe u might need to add another spring. it’ll help carry the tension better. it’ll keep the bridge from rising and stop the strings going outta tune as much. (my mates guitar had a similar problem) : hope this helps : Luv Jilly Jilly’s right. My son is a Floyd Rose pro, but he is boycotting the forum because of the moderator not posting his replies. He actually gets paid for working on Floyd Rose bridges. We are training one of my daughters to do this as well. BUT FIRST before you begin, protect your guitar’s body and finish with a cardboard drink coaster under the saddle screws of the Floyd Rose bridge. Then add a spring from under the back cover, as Jilly said, or simpler, tighten the claw that holds them, with 2 long screws. In stages. It has to be done many times to get the bridge parallel to the body when tuning up with your favourite guage strings. It takes time, repeat attempts and patience. Strat Man Dwight

Anonymous

you could just rip the whole thing out and put a stop tail piece in there, with an adjustable bridge…oops! can you tell i dont like floyd rose bridges.. sorry only a suggestion.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.