Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Fender Squier-Mexico?Japan?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

does anybody know how to tell where my fender squier strat was made? also – i’ve heard if it was in mexico then it’s worthless. any comments?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: does anybody know how to tell where my fender squier strat was made? also – i’ve heard if it was in mexico then it’s worthless. any comments? Serial #’s starting with M (incl MN) are made in Mexico. They have been better and more valuable than those starting with N, NC, CY or YC made in China. Strat man Dwight

Anonymous

im no Strat expert, i leave that up to Dwight, but early 80’s jap strats are becoming very very collectible, do they call them JV (Japanese Vintage) strats in the states?? they have the serial number begining with JV, if you have one of those then you have what could be a very nice guitar, some say better than the US made strats. I dont know if these were squire strats though, i have a couple of Strats a 62′ reissue jap, and a 1992 jap squire, both very nice, the 62′ i put new texas special PU’s on it and it cracks away.

Anonymous

: : does anybody know how to tell where my fender squier strat was made? also – i’ve heard if it was in mexico then it’s worthless. any comments? : Serial #’s starting with M (incl MN) are made in Mexico. They have been better and more valuable than those starting with N, NC, CY or YC made in China. Strat man Dwight Thanks for the info, Dwight!

Anonymous

: : does anybody know how to tell where my fender squier strat was made? also – i’ve heard if it was in mexico then it’s worthless. any comments? : Serial #’s starting with M (incl MN) are made in Mexico. They have been better and more valuable than those starting with N, NC, CY or YC made in China. Strat man Dwight Oops, forgot to say that those from Japan are becoming highly collectible and sought after. Serial #’s on these vary, and actually could start with C (meaning made by Cort Co.), but they always say Made In Japan somewhere on the neck. It’s been in the form of a decal, with lacquer overtop. Strat Man Dwight

Anonymous

: does anybody know how to tell where my fender squier strat was made? also – i’ve heard if it was in mexico then it’s worthless. any comments? Serial #’s starting with M (incl MN) are made in Mexico. They have been better and more valuable than those starting with N, NC, CY or YC made in China. Strat man Dwight

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.