Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics wiring diagram for silvertone electric gutiar model no. 319.14559

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Okay lets me start with the output jack wires. one goes to gouund and ones go to the second lug of a pot I don’t know which one it is volume or tone. It’s the one closes to the output jack. the other pot doesn’t have any wires on it accept one to the bottom of the pot on the third lug. Then on the first pot I have a wire on the first lug going to the pickup selector switch the com side. then I have two red wires from the pickups to the b lug of the selector switch and two black wires from the pickups to the a lug of the selector switch. that is my configuration. HELP ME PLEASE. If you can’t can you get in touch with DEAF EDDIE. thanks.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: Okay lets me start with the output jack wires. one goes to gouund and ones go to the second lug of a pot I don’t know which one it is volume or tone. It’s the one closes to the output jack. the other pot doesn’t have any wires on it accept one to the bottom of the pot on the third lug. Then on the first pot I have a wire on the first lug going to the pickup selector switch the com side. then I have two red wires from the pickups to the b lug of the selector switch and two black wires from the pickups to the a lug of the selector switch. that is my configuration. HELP ME PLEASE. If you can’t can you get in touch with DEAF EDDIE. thanks. Will base this on the likelihood that your pickup selector switch has not been tampered with. Your pots sound very weird, as if they’ve been changed, or a few wires de-soldered or broken off. The positive lead from the jack which goes to the centre lug of a pot is okay – that will be the volume pot, whether it’s closest to the jack or not. Now ground the first lug, to the left of it, to the back of the pot itself. This is with the pot facing up, not the shaft facing up. The other pot you say, has only one wire going to the third lug. If the pot is facing you (not the shaft) we’ll call that the first lug. You see, with the pot facing you, we count lugs from the left 1 – 2 – 3. Run that wire to the third lug of the other (vol) pot. That’s the same lug #3 on the vol pot which is connected to live from the pickup switch. Now you need a cap. Run it’s legs from the centre lug, #2 of the tone pot, to ground it to the pot itself. You must also have a pot – to – pot ground wire. Run it between the flat tops of the pots, not near any lugs. That’s what we think from what you describe, and using a general diagram. You should be able to get the guitar working if all other components are okay. There appears to have been no ground to the body/bridge etc. so leave that for now. If everyhting works, but you get either vol or tone sweeping backwards, that’s okay, you would have to switch the wires from the outer lugs around. We have directled you correctly though, numbering the lugs from left to right with the pot facing you. If there are issues elsewhere, there are different kinds of selector switches, and we can’t cover them all. That’s where you might contact Emmett Brown via Deaf-Eddie.net, because he has had more experience with Silvertone. Andrew & Dwight Listmayer

Anonymous

You can go to my site at http://www.comparethevalue.com and click on Harmony guitars. Click the wiring diagrams to find yours…. enjoy and good luck… Bill : : Okay lets me start with the output jack wires. one goes to gouund and ones go to the second lug of a pot I don’t know which one it is volume or tone. It’s the one closes to the output jack. the other pot doesn’t have any wires on it accept one to the bottom of the pot on the third lug. Then on the first pot I have a wire on the first lug going to the pickup selector switch the com side. then I have two red wires from the pickups to the b lug of the selector switch and two black wires from the pickups to the a lug of the selector switch. that is my configuration. HELP ME PLEASE. If you can’t can you get in touch with DEAF EDDIE. thanks. : Will base this on the likelihood that your pickup selector switch has not been tampered with. Your pots sound very weird, as if they’ve been changed, or a few wires de-soldered or broken off. : The positive lead from the jack which goes to the centre lug of a pot is okay – that will be the volume pot, whether it’s closest to the jack or not. Now ground the first lug, to the left of it, to the back of the pot itself. This is with the pot facing up, not the shaft facing up. The other pot you say, has only one wire going to the third lug. If the pot is facing you (not the shaft) we’ll call that the first lug. You see, with the pot facing you, we count lugs from the left 1 – 2 – 3. Run that wire to the third lug of the other (vol) pot. That’s the same lug #3 on the vol pot which is connected to live from the pickup switch. Now you need a cap. Run it’s legs from the centre lug, #2 of the tone pot, to ground it to the pot itself. You must also have a pot – to – pot ground wire. Run it between the flat tops of the pots, not near any lugs. That’s what we think from what you describe, and using a general diagram. : You should be able to get the guitar working if all other components are okay. There appears to have been no ground to the body/bridge etc. so leave that for now. If everyhting works, but you get either vol or tone sweeping backwards, that’s okay, you would have to switch the wires from the outer lugs around. We have directled you correctly though, numbering the lugs from left to right with the pot facing you. : If there are issues elsewhere, there are different kinds of selector switches, and we can’t cover them all. That’s where you might contact Emmett Brown via Deaf-Eddie.net, because he has had more experience with Silvertone. Andrew & Dwight Listmayer

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.