Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics What’s a very good acoustic, steel-string, wide-neck guitar?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Hello, I’m looking for a very good acoustic, steel-string, wide-neck guitar? I enjoy picking but also want to play strumming, chords, etc…
    Am willing to pay ,500 – 2,500, but don’t necessarily need to buy a custom made guitar. Any thoughts?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: Hello, I’m looking for a very good acoustic, steel-string, wide-neck guitar? I enjoy picking but also want to play strumming, chords, etc… : Am willing to pay $1,500 – 2,500, but don’t necessarily need to buy a custom made guitar. Any thoughts? Hey there, I’ll be waiting for an answer just like you. I’ve measured the width at the nut of all the acoustics within reach, and they’re standard at 1 3/4 inches. My oldest wide necked Gibson is a 1952, so I’m talking about 50 years of acoustics. I had some Ovations with wider necks, but haven’t seen any of these wider necks around anymore, except on classicals. Hope somebody can shed some light on this. Regards, Strat Man Dwight

Anonymous

Hey, Takamine made a few models that are 1 7/8" across the nut. I had one & sold it recently because I prefer Seagull guitars which are nearly as wide. They’re 1.8" across the nut & have a better neck profile (shape of the back side). The standard S6 models have a deeper C shaped neck, while the more pricey Artist models have a shallow D shape. I have spatulate fingers so I need the extra string spacing to pull off various things cleanly, without accidently muting strings. GD : : Hello, I’m looking for a very good acoustic, steel-string, wide-neck guitar? I enjoy picking but also want to play strumming, chords, etc… : : Am willing to pay $1,500 – 2,500, but don’t necessarily need to buy a custom made guitar. Any thoughts? : : Hey there, I’ll be waiting for an answer just like you. I’ve measured the width at the nut of all the acoustics within reach, and they’re standard at 1 3/4 inches. My oldest wide necked Gibson is a 1952, so I’m talking about 50 years of acoustics. I had some Ovations with wider necks, but haven’t seen any of these wider necks around anymore, except on classicals. Hope somebody can shed some light on this. Regards, Strat Man Dwight

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.