Heard of Profile guitars?

Posted by Eliot Wright on Sat, 12/04/04 - 11:10:22.
Advertisement

I have a Profile guitar that i refinished and it is a good rock guitar. When i got it second hand it had DiMarzio pickups and a nice neck. Apart from that there needed to be a lot of work done. I cant find any info anywhere, the only thing i found out was that the guitar was a middle "class" electric. My local guitar store said it was a good guitar with a nice sound.Know anything about the company?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Heard of Profile guitars?

: I have a Profile guitar that i refinished and it is a good rock guitar. When i got it second hand it had DiMarzio pickups and a nice neck. Apart from that there needed to be a lot of work done. I cant find any info anywhere, the only thing i found out was that the guitar was a middle "class" electric. My local guitar store said it was a good guitar with a nice sound.Know anything about the company?

I don't know if the webmaster will post my earlier reply. In simple words, Profile is a Kaman/Ovation product, but was at the lower end, often made with chipboard. I know the name of the real material, probably copyrighted and trademarked. Then the neckplate was heavily cast, and said professional, like many Washburns and Cort, which have similar features. The Profile guitars are excellent sounding - the combination of chipped wood & glue is like having quarrystone for a base.

guitar

Are you sure its not a Les Paul?

: I have a Profile guitar that i refinished and it is a good rock guitar. When i got it second hand it had DiMarzio pickups and a nice neck. Apart from that there needed to be a lot of work done. I cant find any info anywhere, the only thing i found out was that the guitar was a middle "class" electric. My local guitar store said it was a good guitar with a nice sound.Know anything about the company?

I see a reply to this post which does not appear in the main column - we tried other replies but they were not printed at all.

: : I have a Profile guitar that i refinished and it is a good rock guitar. When i got it second hand it had DiMarzio pickups and a nice neck. Apart from that there needed to be a lot of work done. I cant find any info anywhere, the only thing i found out was that the guitar was a middle "class" electric. My local guitar store said it was a good guitar with a nice sound.Know anything about the company?

I also have a Profile guitar. Its a little rusty but it gets the job done. I have to say,its a peice compared to my strat and les paul. It was the first guitar ive ever played and ill keep it for the rest of my life, im takin this peice to the grave.

sorry about that. i have a porfile too i got it of a friend in an other band (Groove Robbers) its also a great rock guitar but when people told me that it was cheep it was hard to believe. i have also looked for this guitar on the net and shops no one seems to know anything about the brand. i hope i helped

need wiring instructions for my Profile guitar.

I got a profile guitare given to me but with the wiring riped out so if anyone could please send me diagrams or instructions

I have a profile as well got it about 7 years ago. My dad got it used from a friend. Its been great I have an Ibanez rg270dx which is my baby but this guitar hangs in there almost as well. I did change the humbucker on it though as it was getting feedback like crazy I think just due to the age I had a humbucker from a shecter omen 6 kicking around so I put that in and it still has that great rock/heavy sound with no feedback. I never use the single coils it has. I have 11 gauge strings on it and have it tuned droped C and its great for playing stuff like POD or Linkin Park. I've never heard of profile b4 myself but I don't care if its a cheap/midrange or high end guitar, point is its tough and sounds great and stays in tune. But if I had to guess I would say it was a lower mid range guitar.

Profile vintage electric guitar

I also have a profile guitar. I got mine about 10 yrs ago and now I'm trying to find out if it has any real worth as I'm planning on selling it. I have looked all over the Internet for any information on the guitar and I can't find anything. Would any one know roughly what I could get for it?

You probably won't get much

You probably won't get much for it because not many people know about them, basically they are a very good Fender copy made in Japan and where not on the market for very long, the pick ups are not great but everything else on the Start copies especially is really good, so I suggest that you keep it replace the pick ups and anything that your not happy with and you`ll have a guitar the would be worth $1500 if it said Fender on it

What? I got one...

i have one profile guitar, i thought it's no name, but the sound is absolutely amazing.... it's older than me, mean >17 years

Profile brand guitar

I have a Profile brand guitar that is a stat copy. It says Profile Vintage on the headstock and Professional on the neck plate. I think that it is based on an early 60's strat and has a slab rosewood fingerboard, which I think Fender phased out in 1963. But it has a 5-way selector and sounds sensational with Ernie Ball Beefy 11s. Rarely goes out of tune. I have 2 tutors and they love the sound and action. I have a mate that owns several genuine Strats and he'd rather play the Profile.

profile guitars

i have a 20 plus year old profile tele black with a white binding dont know what the pup are but this thing is wild and would not part with it have used iton many recordings .i have also 2 other strats one being a custom shop 56 nos --but keep picking up my profile . these guitars may not be worth much but to me it's priceless. to other profile players i say keep hold of it WHO KNOWS THE FUTURE

Black Magic

I have a Profile - Gibson Knock-off. It was a Canadian low budget guitar and it played accordingly. It's called "black magic"... The body was a rich red and the neck was black - head stock too.

I believe to be a "Sears" guitar... However, I don't know that for sure. It came to be mine through a odd story about a broke native guy outside a pawn shop.

My Profile had multiple problems and I quickly replaced it about 1 month after I got it. pick-ups and wiring were bad - missing screws - abuse - stripped machine heads - yadda yadda yadda. It became a prop for a Slash costume and a Devo costume.. but that was the best it could do. It was truley unplayable.

Admittedly - I liked the look of it - even after I smashed it into a keyboard.

Many years later - I stripped it down - repaired, sanded and repainted it.. Replaced the frets and hardware and machine heads - rewired and reground. It's a work of art now - plays amazing and looks killer... It has a late 1960's/early 70's "groovy" look with gold accents... One of a kind. I can almost see Lenny Kravitz fxxking it on stage. word.

Profile acoustic

i am considering purchasing a used 3/4 size Profile acoustic guitar for our 9 year old daughter taking lessons. is it worth buying or should i keep looking? thanks for any suggestions.

Children's Guitar

Our guide to buying children's guitar will be of great help to you. We have some guitar recommendations so do check them out and compare before buying the Profile guitar you are looking at. Many parents think that beginners should not be choosy with their instrument - but they don't realize that if the guitar doesn't sound or play well, the learner might easily lose interest.

Hi,I've got a Profile

Hi,I've got a Profile vintage guitar,it was cream with a white scratch,was given to me as a Christmas present when I was 10,I'm now 32,parents told me it cost them about $500 back then,in Australia,,I've since upgraded it with a dimebucker pickup in the bridge and s-13 in the neck,sprayed it silver with a violet pearl thru it,setup in drop c,and still sounds and plays very well,would never sell it!! I come across 1 now and again on eBay,but not very often,cheers \m/

Yep.. I own one..

just to chime in on this..
I bought a Profile BM Strat new in the 80's.. can't remember when, but this has been my main rig since..
apparently these were made in the day of EXACT copies..it has a rosewood finger board, Alder Neck and body..
It came with the standard three way switch, and 3 surprisingly good pickups... probably used the same amount of winds as the fender originals..
I have since upgraded to an Epiphone humbucker at the bridge, the standard middle PU and a Telecaster lipstick for the neck..
gives me heaps of versatility sound wise....
seriously the best guitar i have owned...

Profile guitars

I had an endorsement with Profile guitars in the mid 80s. They were distributed by Dynamic Music Enterprises (DME)
at the time. They would be able to shed some light on these beautiful guitars that were made in Japan to exact specs of the early Fenders. As for me, I have three top end Fender Strats and a Scott Henderson Custom Suhr Strat - all superb instruments but I find myself grabbing the Profile first everytime. The only change made was the installation of the first issue of EMGs that arrived in the country - still on the Strat and sounding like magic. These guitars were the best kept secret as the promotions dept at DME had short comings. They had budget models and "pro" models which were made from the same materials as the early Fenders. If you find one they are worth considering. The neck of my profile has not moved since the day I bought it and set it up. Can't say that about too many guitars.
A Profile fan.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.