Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics C.F. Martin Electric Guitar Solid Body 1979

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I have a Martin Electric Solid-Body Guitar, serial number 1855, manufactured (I believe) in 1979. It has a Leo Quan "BaddAss" bridge manufactured in Germany. I believe it is rare, as I am told it was once owned and played by a member of the group Alabama. Can anyone point me to a collector(s) who might know something about it? I can find nothing on the Internet with regard to C.F. Martin electric, solid-body guitars.
    Any help would be much appreciated. My email is [email protected]

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Hi… I also have one of the E-18 or EM-18 guitars and looking for any related
      documentation and info that may have came with the guitar when it was
      originally sold.  I have
      found several articles on-line and even a u-tube video of a demo using the
      EM-18. Yet still nothing like an owners manual, schematics, etc.

Anonymous

: I have a Martin Electric Solid-Body Guitar, serial number 1855, manufactured (I believe) in 1979. It has a Leo Quan "BaddAss" bridge manufactured in Germany. I believe it is rare, as I am told it was once owned and played by a member of the group Alabama. Can anyone point me to a collector(s) who might know something about it? I can find nothing on the Internet with regard to C.F. Martin electric, solid-body guitars. : Any help would be much appreciated. My email is [email protected] A member of this forum somewhere has the dope on these. Yours is #1855 out of 10,936 that were made, and the 1979’s cut off somewhere between 1200 and 1800 to 2,000. 5,307 E-18 and 5,629 EM-18 were made from 79 – 82. Earliest models had brass knobs, then black plastic. E’s had covered DiMarzios and a phase switch, EM’s had open pickups, Mighty Mite or DiMarzio with 3 position phase/coil tap toggle. I don’t know about the Alabama connection but wouldn’t doubt it either. Martin in Nazareth PA would welcome your inquiries or a visit from you.

Anonymous

I have a martin e-28. I have looked forever to find out about these bad boys. here is a web page with some info. http://www.flyingvintage.com/gcmag/2002may2.html : : I have a Martin Electric Solid-Body Guitar, serial number 1855, manufactured (I believe) in 1979. It has a Leo Quan "BaddAss" bridge manufactured in Germany. I believe it is rare, as I am told it was once owned and played by a member of the group Alabama. Can anyone point me to a collector(s) who might know something about it? I can find nothing on the Internet with regard to C.F. Martin electric, solid-body guitars. : : Any help would be much appreciated. My email is [email protected] : A member of this forum somewhere has the dope on these. Yours is #1855 out of 10,936 that were made, and the 1979’s cut off somewhere between 1200 and 1800 to 2,000. 5,307 E-18 and 5,629 EM-18 were made from 79 – 82. Earliest models had brass knobs, then black plastic. E’s had covered DiMarzios and a phase switch, EM’s had open pickups, Mighty Mite or DiMarzio with 3 position phase/coil tap toggle. I don’t know about the Alabama connection but wouldn’t doubt it either. Martin in Nazareth PA would welcome your inquiries or a visit from you.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.