Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Trace Elliot – Velocette

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Where can I get one of these, I see them very rarely come up on Ebay and the last one was over £400 in the UK.

Is anyone selling or know where I can get one?

I know they are used by Keith Richards in the Rolling Stones, is that why they are so rare?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Trace Elliot was bought out by Gibson a couple of years back, so this amp is no longer made. Great pity as they were very good amps indeed, Gibson now make there ‘Goldtone’ amps at the factory which is a very similar amp to the Trace model, so have a look for ‘goldtone’ on Ebay too, if you like the tone on this amp then you might also try the VOX AC15 reissue, which is a fantastic amp, until recently made in the marshall factory in milton keynes UK under license to Korg. they tend to go for £400- £500, but most do have the fabled alnico blue celestion 15watt speaker, which again until recently was the only only celestion speaker made in the UK, now both the VOX production and all the celestion speaker production have moved to China, i wonder how much the quality will suffer?, if they make speakers and vox amps like they make Fender squires, then i think we are in trouble. A black day for British musical amplification production.

Anonymous

I have an original trace elliot – velocette, and it has a superb tone. Covered in Rolls Royce green – UK handbuilt quality. Yes they are really rare and expect to pay £400 to £500 if you want to get one; and theyre going up in price all the time. One of my friends may sell his for a little less if your interested? I’ll get in touch with him and list it up here. I think they are probrably one of the best blues/jazz amps around, maybe thats why Keef plays through one! —————————————————- : Trace Elliot was bought out by Gibson a couple of years back, so this amp is no longer made. Great pity as they were very good amps indeed, Gibson now make there ‘Goldtone’ amps at the factory which is a very similar amp to the Trace model, so have a look for ‘goldtone’ on Ebay too, if you like the tone on this amp then you might also try the VOX AC15 reissue, which is a fantastic amp, until recently made in the marshall factory in milton keynes UK under license to Korg. they tend to go for £400- £500, but most do have the fabled alnico blue celestion 15watt speaker, which again until recently was the only only celestion speaker made in the UK, now both the VOX production and all the celestion speaker production have moved to China, i wonder how much the quality will suffer?, if they make speakers and vox amps like they make Fender squires, then i think we are in trouble. : A black day for British musical amplification production.

Anonymous

im a big stones fan and i didnt know about keef playing one, thought he was a vintage fender amp man these days, but then at 60 yrs old he has to have played everything right?? with the exception of a Colombus les paul copy, if i ever saw a pic of him weilding that thing i would burn my stones collection, there would be no redemtion in my books for keefy boy.

Anonymous

Well if anyones interested my friend has one mint for £325, I’ve told him he could get more on eBay , but he dont have a computer. Anyway its at my place in Nottingham UK. So if anyones interested just mail me

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.