Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics VALLEY ARTS GUITAR INFO

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

HELLO I HAVE A VALLEY ARTS CALIFORNIA PRO THE ML2 THROUGH BODY NECK SERIAL # VA02641 ANY ONE HAVE ANY INFO IF ITS AN 80’S ORRIGANL OR NOT I CANT FIND ANY INFO ON THEM I DONT THINK ITS A SAMIK REMAKE IT DOESNT SAY SAMIK ANYWERE AND IT HAS THE VA SERIAL NUMBER ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT THANKS

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Hi guys…I have a valley art California pro that I bought in Indonesia 10 years ago serial number is VA03151
      If anyone has any information on the year it was made would be much appreciated…cheers.

Anonymous

hi.
      I got a VA Steve Lukather custom pro signature model.
      I like to know why is two different signatures on back of the headstock
      Also serial number 00930 any ide what year could have been ?
      Thx tibor.

Anonymous

Hello out there – can anyone tell me something about my VA CP, #0283, blue, with a tremolo-system us-patent 4457… year of building, history, value ? – greetings from hannover, germany

Anonymous

Hey Doug, I have a similar question, I just bought CAL 01263 Cal Pro. It was purchased new in Aug of 1995. I am sumwut curious too. This is not from the glory days of “VA” I gather, But I am curious if this was a Gibson stepchild
      or a “dreaded” Simick. I need to replace somehardware as well and cud use all the info I could get. So pass anything you get on to me please. Saludos, from La Paz, Mex

Anonymous

Hey Guys
      I’m looking at what appears to be a Valley Arts Guitar, CAL 01279. The neck has “Valley Arts” with “Studio City, CA” written on it and at the end “California Pro” and “Custom Shop” written in a circle logo at the end of the headstock. I can’t seem to find a match on the numbers on the main websites as they all start with “VA”. Anyone heard of this?
      Thanks

Anonymous

Hi I have a valley arts California pro. It has gold hardwares and Seymour Duncans SSH pickups. Made in USA. However the serial number is CATH-8A/TBL. Is this the real thing?

Anonymous

Hi,

I have a Valley Arts Custom Pro guitar (USA). The serial is ‘VA02114’ and is hard to read since the engraving is the natural color of the wood. Their is a (gold?) signature under the serial number on the back of the headstock. The guitar is surprisingly near mint condition. Some of the specs are:

Quilt top, Birdseye Neck, gotoh tuners, (not sure about the pups) but there are 3 single coil. Does this sound like a pre-Samick VA guitar?

Thank you,

Mark

Anonymous

hello,
      i have a valley arts california pro with USA stamped below the serial no, which is VA03133 USA
      it has duncan designed pups. is this an entirely USA VA guitar or other?
      Tks so much:)!
      Joe
      Reno, NV

Anonymous

Hello, I just bought a Valley arts custom pro ser. VA 05496 USA.
      It’s probably a prototype guitar, it has an all quilt maple body, birdseye maple neck with rosewood fretboard, EMG SA 120+EMG 85 one humbucker in the bridge position and one singlecoil in the neck position.

Can someone please tell me is it a pre-Samick/Gibson guitar and what year was it made??

Thanks!!!!!

Anonymous

Hello, Can you tell me anything about a Valley Arts Custom Pro guitar serial Number: VA 01737? Im wondering specifically if it is a pre-Samick VA guitar?

Thanks for the help!

Anonymous

I have a red valley arts standard pro sn 0846. Any idea of age and value. It bear mint condition

Anonymous

Hey guys I was wondering if any of you could help me out. I recently picked up a valley arts custom pro bass and I’m trying to find more information about it. The thing is the serial number is SVA01e4. Now that indicates to me right away that it could be a sammick valley arts, however the head stock seems genuine and it has the emg pick ups with the piano styled bridge that allows sound to resonate for probably over a minute. If anybody could help me out I’d appreciate it.

Thanks

Anonymous

Hello

I have a Valley Arts California Pro
      Body Neck Serial #VA 03565.
      It doesn’t´t say Samik anywhere.
      Anyone knows the original year?

Thanks

Anonymous

Hi Jose,
        from memory Samick bought into Valley Arts after 1992, and some guitars were built from remaining parts that were undamaged by the fire.However the model named ” California Pro ” was not introduced until a few years later. So
        in fact the guitar you own is a Samick produced model from around 1994/95 hope this helps

best regards
        Bill Smith

Anonymous

I just acquired a red bodied valley the serial number is va02761 can you tell me about the year it was made? I bought it at a auction for a little over 500.00 with the original hard case. It has the style of the valley pro and was made in the USA. It’s got the valley arts logo on the top of the head. I do not know much about guitars I bought it for my 14 year old daughter who wants to learn how to play. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
      Bob

Anonymous

Anyone give me info on Serial # VA02517
      Thanks

Anonymous

: HELLO I HAVE A VALLEY ARTS CALIFORNIA PRO THE ML2 THROUGH BODY NECK SERIAL # VA02641 ANY ONE HAVE ANY INFO IF ITS AN 80’S ORRIGANL OR NOT I CANT FIND ANY INFO ON THEM I DONT THINK ITS A SAMIK REMAKE IT DOESNT SAY SAMIK ANYWERE AND IT HAS THE VA SERIAL NUMBER ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT THANKS Hey Billy, you’re right up my alley. Eat your heart out Jeff. I once had a Valley Arts Custom Ash-bodied Tele, but I got nail polish on it. Sounds like you have an 80’s Custom Pro, or as you say California Pro. The real thing. Valley Arts originally began as a retail store in N. Hollywood during 1967. They progressed into manufacturing there between 1979 – 93. In 1992, Samick was involved in a joint venture with VA, and in June 1993 Samick acquired the company entirely, relocating to the City of Industry, California.

Anonymous

: : HELLO I HAVE A VALLEY ARTS CALIFORNIA PRO THE ML2 THROUGH BODY NECK SERIAL # VA02641 ANY ONE HAVE ANY INFO IF ITS AN 80’S ORRIGANL OR NOT I CANT FIND ANY INFO ON THEM I DONT THINK ITS A SAMIK REMAKE IT DOESNT SAY SAMIK ANYWERE AND IT HAS THE VA SERIAL NUMBER ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT THANKS : Hey Billy, you’re right up my alley. Eat your heart out Jeff. I once had a Valley Arts Custom Ash-bodied Tele, but I got nail polish on it. : Sounds like you have an 80’s Custom Pro, or as you say California Pro. The real thing. : Valley Arts originally began as a retail store in N. Hollywood during 1967. They progressed into manufacturing there between 1979 – 93. In 1992, Samick was involved in a joint venture with VA, and in June 1993 Samick acquired the company entirely, relocating to the City of Industry, California. Gibson now ownes Valley Arts and they have a retail store located in Nashville. Extremely nice guitars.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.