• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Where and when was this model made. Any idea of it’s value (US$)? Jim

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: Where and when was this model made. Any idea of it’s value (US$)? Jim my am205 was made in 1985, "crafted in japan" reads the back of the headstock. i defineatly agree with kevin on the finish on the guitar, defineatly the nicest ive seen :). mine has the pearl inlays and gold hardware + dual humbuckers as well. i purchased it from my friends sister for 1300 canadian dollars which some people ive met think was too much, but given the fact this am205 inparticular was in its factory sealed plastic up until 1994 justifies that price, well at least i think so. a wonderful guitar, i hope to have it for many years to come.

Anonymous

: Where and when was this model made. Any idea of it’s value (US$)? Jim The AM205 was made in the early 1980’s, in Japan. My AM205 was made in August of 1983. The guitar shape is best described as a 3/4 ES-335. Semi-hollow, double cutaway, dual humbuckers. The AM205 was top of the line in ’83 – gold hardware, pearl inlays, trapizoid markers. The burl maple finish is one of the most beautiful you will ever see on any guitar. The craftmanship is second to none. I paid $850 for it in Fall of 1983. I have seen good examples go for as high as 1000-1200 US$ on eBay. It was one of three electric guitar I once owned – along with a 1968 SG, and a late 90s Strat. This is the guitar I kept. "Out of my cold, dead heads" … HTH – Best Regards – ktl

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.