Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Aria Classical Guitar by Ryoji Matsuoka

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I believe I’ve hit a goldmine! I bought an old classical guitar in a hardcase from a garage sale for 0. My wife almost killed me for buying a ‘junk’! But when I strummed it, it sound so warm and crispy. We fell in love with this old lady instantaneously.

I’ve done a little research on this vintage guitar. Some say it’s a rare Aria. Serial no.74824, model no.M15. Ink stamped on the label are the words ARAI, Ryoji Matsuoka,Luthier.I believe it was handmade in 1974 or earlier by Ryoji Matsuoka. Now it in pristine condition and cared with lots of love and passion by the family.

If you have any information about this classic lady or it’s value, please post it to me. Thanks a million!

Truly yours,
    Othman Hamzah, Singapore.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

contact me–i may be able to answer some of your questions…and have a great christmas, vic varney

Anonymous

: I believe I’ve hit a goldmine! I bought an old classical guitar in a hardcase from a garage sale for $20. My wife almost killed me for buying a ‘junk’! But when I strummed it, it sound so warm and crispy. We fell in love with this old lady instantaneously. : I’ve done a little research on this vintage guitar. Some say it’s a rare Aria. Serial no.74824, model no.M15. Ink stamped on the label are the words ARAI, Ryoji Matsuoka,Luthier.I believe it was handmade in 1974 or earlier by Ryoji Matsuoka. Now it in pristine condition and cared with lots of love and passion by the family. : If you have any information about this classic lady or it’s value, please post it to me. Thanks a million! : Truly yours, : Othman Hamzah, Singapore.

Anonymous

I also have a 1974 Matsuoka, Model 100. I have also been searching for information about Matsuoka, and have come across others who are also looking. Apparently, guitars are still made under his name, but what you have is probably a guitar that he handmade himself. Model numbers differ, but I have been told that my pristine model 100 is worth around $1500-2000, and that was 12 years ago. Kept in good condition, they increase in value. And as far as the sound — agreed, the Matsuoka sound is magnificent!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.