Sigma guitar?

Posted by Dan on Fri, 12/17/04 - 01:22:48.

I was given a Sigma electric guitar and was looking for some information about it. It's shaped like a Gibson SG and has a black finish with mother of pearl inlays and the label at the top is in gold lettering w/ Sigma and either a E or a vertical m to its right also in gold. Know anything?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Sigma guitar?

I believe what you see is an "E" for Established 1970. I also have a Sigma, but it's a strat-like guitar. It's heavier than most strats, and I believe it's furnished w/ Dearmond pick-ups. That's all I know..I can't find anything either.

Sigma is the Japanese company of CF Martin and company guitars (Martin). The sideways M is the greek letter "Sigma". I have a DM-5S (sunburst dreadnaught mahogony model 5) acoustic. I bought in 1975 or so for $200-250.

I have a Sigma DT12-1 12 string acoustic that I got in the 80's. Its flame maple back, sort of a dark reddish burst. Anyway, I can't find any SIGMA company information.... C.F. Martin doesn't link anything to their own company. Is Sigma still around?

I'd like to find out more information... if you have any, let me know...

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.