Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Sigma guitar?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I was given a Sigma electric guitar and was looking for some information about it. It’s shaped like a Gibson SG and has a black finish with mother of pearl inlays and the label at the top is in gold lettering w/ Sigma and either a E or a vertical m to its right also in gold. Know anything?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I believe what you see is an "E" for Established 1970. I also have a Sigma, but it’s a strat-like guitar. It’s heavier than most strats, and I believe it’s furnished w/ Dearmond pick-ups. That’s all I know..I can’t find anything either.

Anonymous

I have a Sigma DT12-1 12 string acoustic that I got in the 80’s. Its flame maple back, sort of a dark reddish burst. Anyway, I can’t find any SIGMA company information…. C.F. Martin doesn’t link anything to their own company. Is Sigma still around? I’d like to find out more information… if you have any, let me know…

Anonymous

Sigma is the Japanese company of CF Martin and company guitars (Martin). The sideways M is the greek letter "Sigma". I have a DM-5S (sunburst dreadnaught mahogony model 5) acoustic. I bought in 1975 or so for $200-250.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.