Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Marlin? Guitar

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

have an electric guitar that looks like a Les Paul – all it says on it is State of the Art. I have researched Les Paul copycats and numerous other information and can not find any guitar with the "State of the Art" Logo.Do you have any information you could provide for me in trying to figure out the guitars manufacturer and worth?

Thank You,
    Christine

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: have an electric guitar that looks like a Les Paul – all it says on it is State of the Art. I have researched Les Paul copycats and numerous other information and can not find any guitar with the "State of the Art" Logo.Do you have any information you could provide for me in trying to figure out the guitars manufacturer and worth? : : Thank You, : Christine Hi Christine, Marlin Les Paul copies were distributed by Eaton’s of Canada. Eaton’s is like Sears or Montgomery Wards for Canadians. By the headstock inlay, I would say they were made by Electra. I’ve got a 1975 Eaton’s catalog posted on my website VintAxe.com that has a Les Paul copy in it if you want to see if yours matches. SB

Anonymous

if its a Marlin then the early ones were made in Wales…. yeah i know not exactly guitar mecca of the planet. they were cheapie copies, i think production later moved to china, cos all the welsh wanted more wages. But the Welsh connection says it all. I think they did use top quality exterior marine ply, til the local council supply ran out, hence the move to china.

Anonymous

These guitars were NEVER made in Wales!!!..The company were simply a distributor for the guitars, that were made in Korea at that time

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.