Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Yamaha/Nippon Gakki solid electric guitar

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I have a triple pickup, solid body guitar made by nippon gakki early seventies. Have seen it once in a guitar book, but never seen one ‘in the flesh’. I think the model is an SG5A, because it looks very similar to one shown on a ‘Hard Rock Cafe’ pin badge used by Bon Jovi. Anyone able to give me any more details? p.s: havre already tried yamaha’s serial number wizard – no joy with ser. No. 7305.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I have one of these in sunburst, serial number 2467, I have no idea of its real age.

Anonymous

: I have a triple pickup, solid body guitar made by nippon gakki early seventies. Have seen it once in a guitar book, but never seen one ‘in the flesh’. I think the model is an SG5A, because it looks very similar to one shown on a ‘Hard Rock Cafe’ pin badge used by Bon Jovi. Anyone able to give me any more details? p.s: havre already tried yamaha’s serial number wizard – no joy with ser. No. 7305. Hey Phil, The Yamaha SG5A was first produced in the 1960’s and from your serial number I would say yours is a 60’s model. They are known as the "Flying Samuri" because of the exaggerated lower horn. Check out my website VintAxe.com for leads on more information. SB

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.