Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Re: Gibson S-1 for sale

• This topic has 6 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 20 years ago by Anonymous.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

:hey i got a late 70s i think gibson s-1 for sale if anyone is interested it has been used and has a little neck damage but plays awsome ill include a danelectro overdrive with the guitar email if your interested at [email protected]

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: : I just got my hands on a real sweet guitar – a Yamaha Studio Lord 380 that looks just like a Les Paul (heavy too and, more importantly, sounds and plays like a Les. Can anyone tell me about this guitar? I would be appreciative. Thanks. : : well I to just got my hands on a "studio lord SL450S" : the tag on it said" looks, feels,plays, sounds,and smells like a les paul! I still can’t believe it. sorry, I dont know any thing about the guitar,other than ;I really like it. the one I have is an exact : knock off including the head stock.

Anonymous

I recently traded 3 guitars for a mint condition Yamaha Studio Lord Les Paul Ebony Custom Copy. Let me tell you it was all worth it. This guitar rocks (I’ve owned real Customs) and the Studio Lord is just as good or even better. Here’s what I know. Very rare especially in US. Try looking up info on the internet, there’s nothing really. Even the guys at Yamaha don’t know anything about them. Lovingly called a "lawsuit" guitar because of the exactness of the copy. (Fender and Gibson, you gotta love those guys. ) They were made in the late 60s to mid 70s and were only available in Japan. Shows promise for being very collectible. Any other info would be greatly appreciated. Since I’ve gotten this guitar I’m thinking about putting together a "Yamaha Studio Lord" Fan Club. HA!HA!HA!

Anonymous

I recently traded 3 guitars for a mint condition Yamaha Studio Lord Les Paul Ebony Custom Copy. Let me tell you it was all worth it. This guitar rocks (I’ve owned real Customs) and the Studio Lord is just as good or even better. Here’s what I know. Very rare especially in US. Try looking up info on the internet, there’s nothing really. Even the guys at Yamaha don’t know anything about them. Lovingly called a "lawsuit" guitar because of the exactness of the copy. (Fender and Gibson, you gotta love those guys. ) They were made in the late 60s to mid 70s and were only available in Japan. Shows promise for being very collectible. Any other info would be greatly appreciated. Since I’ve gotten this guitar I’m thinking about putting together a "Yamaha Studio Lord" Fan Club. HA!HA!HA!

Anonymous

: : I just got my hands on a real sweet guitar – a Yamaha Studio Lord 380 that looks just like a Les Paul (heavy too and, more importantly, sounds and plays like a Les. Can anyone tell me about this guitar? I would be appreciative. Thanks. : : well I to just got my hands on a "studio lord SL450S" : the tag on it said" looks, feels,plays, sounds,and smells like a les paul! I still can’t believe it. sorry, I dont know any thing about the guitar,other than ;I really like it. the one I have is an exact : knock off including the head stock.

Anonymous

: I just got my hands on a real sweet guitar – a Yamaha Studio Lord 380 that looks just like a Les Paul (heavy too and, more importantly, sounds and plays like a Les. Can anyone tell me about this guitar? I would be appreciative. Thanks. I also have a Studio Lord. From what I gather, Yamaha discontinued production of this superb Les Paul knock-off after Gibson hit them with a lawsuit. Instead, Yamaha came out with their Batwing. The guitar I have really plays like a Les Paul. I’m thinking of changing the pickups to Seymour Duncan 59s. Butch

Anonymous

: : I just got my hands on a real sweet guitar – a Yamaha Studio Lord 380 that looks just like a Les Paul (heavy too and, more importantly, sounds and plays like a Les. Can anyone tell me about this guitar? I would be appreciative. Thanks. : : well I to just got my hands on a "studio lord SL450S" : the tag on it said" looks, feels,plays, sounds,and smells like a les paul! I still can’t believe it. sorry, I dont know any thing about the guitar,other than ;I really like it. the one I have is an exact : knock off including the head stock. I have a Yamaha Studio Lord SL550S. It is an exact copy of a ’59 Les Paul. The thing plays great. I got mine at a pawn shop in NC back around ’84. The story I got at the time was that these guitars were not sold in the US. BTW, this guitar is NOT a bolt on neck. It is just like a Les Paul (I own several Paul’s). It has the push pull spliters on the tone controls (ala Jimmy Page) and is a honey burst finish. Sorry I don’t have much more info on it then that. Scott

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.