Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Jay Turser Guitars

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Does anyone know anything or have any imput on Jay Turser guitars.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Is anybody selling their Jay Turser 220 Serpent Purple Sunburst? Looking for one, thanks. 🙂

Anonymous

sorry for joining the conversation 10yrs later….

Anonymous

For $150 I like my goldtop – needs a little fret filing etc, but not all gtrs r mnt to have the hottest p/ups real tone comes frm hot tubes and good hands imho

Anonymous

: Does anyone know anything or have any imput on Jay Turser guitars. Look I’m no master luthier, and i can tell by the other responses neither are the other commentators, but I’ve been playing for ten years, and I own 5 electrics, and three acoustics of varying range. My $1300 Ernie Ball Petrucci model with Piezo cannot be duplicated for lesser cash, as an example, so neither can a $2000 Gibson. I also own 2 Turser’s… their $130 seven string model which has held up perfectly to a year of abuse, with the draw back of weak pickups- the same as many other high-end sevens which cost 3x as much. I also have a $250 JT-200 Purple Sunburst Serpent. I play it every day. It rocks-flat out. I couldn’t have found a better deal. It’s sturdy and sounds great! If you’ve convinced yourself that you have to have a Gibson for the name or the sound, then anyhting else will be a disappointment. Remember though, for all of these expensive names like Ibanez, Gibson, ESP (which all are making crappier models every year at higher prices!), there are smaller, lesser known companies, having guitars made in the same factories as the high end brands around the U.S. and Asia, that are not necessarily cheaper becuase they are lacking in quality, but because they lack a well known name. In a couple of years, I’m sure Jay Turser, Schecter or one of these other smaller brands will be big, and will use the same building process they do now at 3X the price. I would personally endorse Turser. Check http://www.harmony-central.com ‘s guitar review database and check out tons of customers reviews on all kinds of guitars and you’ll see what I’m saying is true. P.S. I’ve opened up my Tursers because I do know a thing or two about craftsmanship (as I’m building an electric from scratch), and their quality (inside and out) easily matches guitars 3x the price.

Anonymous

yes i love them i have two one in purple ,one in sunburst both have serpent inlay any one selling one with the dragon inlay !!! e-mail me new or used?

Anonymous

Hi, I have a JT-200 with a Dragon for sale….I’ve put it on e-Bay. You can email me if you if you’d like to buy it …..It’s a Red Sunburst. TV

Anonymous

If you still have it, I’ll take it. Email me at: [email protected] Thanks, Ben T.

Anonymous

In My Experience they are bargain-basememnt guitars and they play and sound like it.Of course, try for yourself./

Anonymous

I have Jay Turser Strat and P bass copys. They play great after you set them up. The pick ups could be better but for $250.00 Canadian a piece, they can’t be beat. P.S. I am a working musician, and these two payed for themselves in one night each.

Anonymous

forget you! i got one and they don’t suck like you say. i haven’t seen anything in a while that compares to it’s price and quality!

Anonymous

forget you! i got o0ne and they don’t suck like you say. i haven’t seen anything in a while that compares to it’s price and quality!

Anonymous

: Decent copies. Early Tursers were fairly accuarate(but cheaply made) copies of ,Gibson,PRS, Rickenbacker and obscure stuff like moserites. After the lawyers got a hold of ’em they looked all warped and out of shape. If you don’t have the loot for the real thing, go for it.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.