Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Jackson Surfcaster’s lipstick pickups

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Jackson’s Surfcaster (the new SC1, SC2 etc)is a really wonderful looking guitar, but are they just eye candy? … my concern’s are with the lipstick pickups? How do they rate? Anybody play or own one?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Hi,

The Surfcaster is a pretty cool axe. The pickups actually sound great. They are hotter than normal lipstick pickups. Some of the surfcasters do come with humbuckers, which I prefer. These guitars are starting to get a little pricey. Many of the "vintage" guys like the surfcaster over other Jackson/Charvels. I like Jackson/Charvel. The early 80’s USA Charvels are some of the best guitars ever made.

Jj

Anonymous

Hello, I agree….I was after a Jackson Rhandy Rhoads Jap model at my guitar shop when i saw a surfcaster SC1, the only one which comes in blonde finish and the most pricey of the Surfs…..I was playing away at the Rhandy Rhoads and some Dokken fan came in and played both the Rhoads model and the surfcaster….the guy told me to get the Surfcaster as it had n amazing action ! I am still a kind of intermediate so hadn’t been abl to play as fast as this guy so i took his advice and started comparing the two for myself and found something special about the Surfcaster. I bought it as it was an ex-demo without the case, and managed to get it at a decent price……very decent as it was discontinued and retailed at £800 or $1045 !!!! it has a tone that is quite cool, abit like a metal guitar and a vintage….it’s either !!! and 24 fret too wth as good an action as any metal jackson model !!!! Stef

Anonymous

I actually had a similar experience to you !!

Anonymous

hi, does anyone have a jackson or charvel surfcaster that they’d like to sell? must have humbucker and tune-o-matic. pref black. please contact me. cheers.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.