Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Contessa Guitars by Hohner

• This topic has 19 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I owned a Contessa 6-string acoustic made by Hohner I’m guessing early to mid-1960s. Folks around here in Southwest Virginia think I’m crazy when I mention it. It was a beautiful guitar and a pleasure to play. Am I the one tha’s crazy. Any info on these, including finding a good used one would be appreciated.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I have a Homer HG 16 – 6 string Classical Guitar, bought in the late 60’s or early 70’s, in perfect condition.

It was built in Japan.

Can anyone tell me what the value of this beautiful guitar might be?

Anonymous

I have a Japanese made Contessa classical, Model 250 but can’t find any info on it.
      Anyone out there to enlighten me?

Anonymous

I lived in Chicago on the North Side. I was told by a girl I knew that this kid named Tony ( who she knew fairly well) that lived on the corner of my block ,was the one who broke in our house and stole it during the 70’s . From what I understand they own a labor type company now or a car dealership- – I was never supposed to say she told me. I guess I can tell this story here because I loved my guitar and
      I was a really sad kid when it was stolen . I got it as a present from my cousin. My heart is still broken.
      If Tony is out there listening…..He knows what he can do- It was a great guitar. And for hurting my home that way and scaring our dog to near death- I hope he at least has had some suffering in his miserable thieving life.
      It was a great guitar.

Anonymous

My first guitar was a Hohner Contessa acoustic, I bought it used for 60.00 from a friend of my younger brothers in 1980. I understand the guitar had a past owner who spent some time in jail in florida with the guitar, which made it all the more interesting. Anyway, I loved the guitar and learned how to play on it. I’m sad to say I did a Pete Townsend on it one day in 1981 when my mother was all over my case about getting a job and “all I do is play the guitar like a bum”. I lost my temper and smashed the guitar and have regretted it ever since.

Anonymous

This guitar has Hohner written across the head. It’s a 60s/70s model, made in Japan. It sounds good, I’m just wondering what it’s worth. I’ve seen everything from 56$ to 2.5K online. ( I know, I need to find the 2.5K guy asap, right?)
      What is it actually worth. Anyone? What do y’all think? I have no idea what to ask for it. But I need room and $$ both.. so it’sa goin’!

Anonymous

What’s a Contessa HG-299 worth? I have one that was given to me by my grandmother and I can’t seem to find any information about it. Thanks.

Anonymous

I bought a Contessa HG-681 in San Francisco back in 1970. Label say Hohner but this guitar was made in Japan. That was the time when allot of imports where coming into the USA and where very affordable. I believe I paid around $200.00 for it with a hard shell case. I also own a Guild, Martin, and Yamaha 12 string guitars and the Contessa has a completely different sound to it. Even though it’s not an expensive guitar I don’t have any intention of getting rid of it. It’s probably not worth any more than what I paid for it. I still enjoy playing it after all these years and still love the sound.

Anonymous

Mine is in perfect playing shape, I still play it. Have had it since I was about 13….so 73 or so. My Dad bought it for me new. It still sounds great!!….How much are they worth now?

Anonymous

Hey Everybody

I found a 6 string one and restored it to a new condition, It was made in west Germany i’m guessing in the mid 60′ besides the tuners the pickgaurd and the truss rod cover everything is original and i would love to know how much it can be worth, if you have any idea please tell me thanks

Anonymous

Mine has the tag inside, says HG 12 Made in Japan in 1973 No cracks just been in and out of the case for 20 years, sounds great, got it in a pawn shop

Anonymous

i have a contessa 12 string looks like a tag fell off, say’s made in w.germany in soundhole.say’s contessa at top of head,and has a crown over a K…any help..thanx

Anonymous

I had a 12 string Contessa. Sweetest guitar I ever played. It was stolen from my house in a break in. The only thing I lost that I felt bad about. I still have the tag from inside the soundhole that had fallen out. : i have a contessa 12 string looks like a tag fell off, : say’s made in w.germany in soundhole.say’s contessa at : top of head,and has a crown over a K…any help..thanx

Anonymous

I also own a early 60’s contessa guitar. It is a cherry red hollow-body electric, with chrome everything. I purchased it for $40. That’s right, $40. It was in pieces, but still beautiful non-the-less. So I took it to art acustics luthers, and had them rebuild pieces and assemble it. Now, it is one of the sweetest guitars I have ever seen and played. All it cost was $40 + $250 for the construction. It’s now for sale for $800. E-mail me if you’re interested.

Anonymous

I own a contessa by hohner. It is model # HG 08. It is a beautiful guitar.

Anonymous

Aloha from Hawaii! Did you ever find a Hohner Contessa acoustic guitar? Anyway, My sister had one and while cleaning my parent’s house, I found it! My sister said I could have it but I already have two other guitars. Interested, let me know! Mahalo a nui loa! Brian

Anonymous

How much can I buy it for?

Anonymous

: I owned a Contessa 6-string acoustic made by Hohner I’m guessing early to mid-1960s. Folks around here in Southwest Virginia think I’m crazy when I mention it. It was a beautiful guitar and a pleasure to play. Am I the one tha’s crazy. Any info on these, including finding a good used one would be appreciated. I also own a contessa in mid grade condition, i’m guessing mid sixties as well. It is a model hg 08. It is one of the finest guitars I have ever played, and is also the guitar I learned to play on. I am 17 yrs old and from NC. Please send any information or price values you find on this guitar. Thank you, Stephen Cressionnie

Anonymous

Any one!!! Ive got an old Contessa (73) 12 string in good playable condition. What is it worth?? Any one? Thanks!!!!

Anonymous

Any one!!! Ive got an old Contessa (73) 12 string in good playable condition. What is it worth?? Any one? Thanks!!!!

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.