play any songs in a language you don't speak?

Hi everyone
My friend Claire doesn't speak english but we have fun everytime i see her =>
http://accoustic91.free.fr/OLDBLUES.mp3.mp3

Just wondering if anyone else has any songs in their bag in a language they don't actually speak?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Anything by 'The Pogues', cant understand a word.

Hi lee_UK.....you again!!
How are you doing?

I'm sure that you understand the word "blues" :D

In fact i found this kind of thread on a u.s forum.Really crazy to listen to american people singing in chinese or hawaian => they just learned the lyrics "phonetically".

lee_UK wrote:
Anything by 'The Pogues', cant understand a word.

Funniest post eVar! :lol: :lol: :lol:

acoustica1 wrote:
Hi lee_UK.....you again!!
How are you doing?

I'm sure that you understand the word "blues" :D

In fact i found this kind of thread on a u.s forum.Really crazy to listen to american people singing in chinese or hawaian => they just learned the lyrics "phonetically".

Ever heard a drunk Irishman singing in gealic with no teeth and a strong Kilburn (London) accent? Asheerrn me gurrn dist misten shore, and arrrgh e stern mishsherrrt. De blood ran currd ernd bloody english town.
etc etc. ah diddly diddly diddly day.

lee_UK wrote:
acoustica1 wrote:
Hi lee_UK.....you again!!
How are you doing?

I'm sure that you understand the word "blues" :D

In fact i found this kind of thread on a u.s forum.Really crazy to listen to american people singing in chinese or hawaian => they just learned the lyrics "phonetically".

Ever heard a drunk Irishman singing in gealic with no teeth and a strong Kilburn (London) accent? Asheerrn me gurrn dist misten shore, and arrrgh e stern mishsherrrt. De blood ran currd ernd bloody english town.
etc etc. ah diddly diddly diddly day.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I have a couple Mexican pop songs by "Juanes" that I learned. I don't know what the Spanish lyrics say, but they sure sound sappy. The guitar playing and especially the songwriting of this band is surprisingly good given that they are Mexican rockers. (any Mexican rockers present in this forum excluded, of course) :wink:

Once heard a band in Spain playing pop covers, they had a captive audience as most of us were there on holiday and were waiting for the 'Kids' disco to start, so we could make ourselves look stupid doing the kids dances.
Anyway, they sang 'phoneically' like accoustica says, and some lines sounded clear (usually the chorus) and other lines were very blurred, but has anyone tried to sing La Bamba? imagine how that sounds to a Spainiard?

lee_UK wrote:
Once heard a band in Spain playing pop covers, they had a captive audience as most of us were there on holiday and were waiting for the 'Kids' disco to start, so we could make ourselves look stupid doing the kids dances.
Anyway, they sang 'phoneically' like accoustica says, and some lines sounded clear (usually the chorus) and other lines were very blurred, but has anyone tried to sing La Bamba? imagine how that sounds to a Spainiard?

I'm guessing that a "Spaniard" might have quite a bit of trouble with the original version, since it was by a CalMex singer. Just as something sung in Quebec would sound mighty strange to someone from Paris.

As far as phonetic singing is concerned, have you never heard the Beatles in German?

Or, for that matter, anything by ABBA?

Didnt know about the original of that song, thought it was Spanish, So Mexican-Spanish is kinda like US-English? a kind of bastardised form of the pure original language? Jamaican english being the same?

lee_UK wrote:
Didnt know about the original of that song, thought it was Spanish, So Mexican-Spanish is kinda like US-English? a kind of bastardised form of the pure original language? Jamaican english being the same?

I would say Mexican Spanish is farther than what is spoken in Spain than Quebecois French is from Parisien French or Texas English is from the Queen's English. Most Mexicans in the U.S. are illiterate in two languages.

I was once in Torremolinos market listening to some uberfast Flamenco-stylee guitar. Sounded vaguely familiar, but couldn't make out the lyrics until the chorus:

"welcomer to the HhhhotEL Cayifornya. Eez a luverly plaice..."

I really should have bought it. In a strange way, it was wonderful. I've tried to sing Alizee's "Moi, Lolita" but not very successfully. Partly because my French is not so hot and partly because it doesn't sound good from an overweight 40ish bloke. Partly because the lyrics are so silly (is there any other song in the world with methylene blue in the lyric?)

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.