Guitar Illustrations and Wallpaper Site!

Hi there! My name is Mario and I have a hobby in which I like to draw all kinds of guitar illustrations. I hope you will like my work. You can see my guitars at my Cartoon Guitars website. Besides guitar illustrations you can also find guitar related wallpapers, so i hope you will enjoy it.

I like to hear your oppinions about all this. Tnx! Here are some examples of my latest work just to get an idea what is this about. I also play a electric and acoustic guitar for about 5-6 years, so i could say that my hobby of illustrating a guitars is related to my love for guitars.

If you are interrested in how I draw my guitars, then you can see my Guitar Drawing Tutorial

Here are some examples of my work:

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Hello again M4rio,
I've been quiet for a long while so I'm sorry not to respond to your other posts. As a bass player, I love the 4003s, particularly the Jetglo. Your latest, stylized guitars just go to prove, whether it's simplified or complex, the talent shows through. I think you have terrific ability and repeat my suggestion that you ought to approach the manufacturers.

Why not do a Stingray and send it to Sterling Ball? He's the sort of guy that would appreciate the individual approach. It's just a thought.

1bassleft wrote:
Hello again M4rio,
I've been quiet for a long while so I'm sorry not to respond to your other posts. As a bass player, I love the 4003s, particularly the Jetglo. Your latest, stylized guitars just go to prove, whether it's simplified or complex, the talent shows through. I think you have terrific ability and repeat my suggestion that you ought to approach the manufacturers.

Why not do a Stingray and send it to Sterling Ball? He's the sort of guy that would appreciate the individual approach. It's just a thought.

Thanks a lot 1bassleft. I really appreciate your comment here. Stingray is a bass guitar? What is your oppinion in what way I should draw that Stingray? As my earlier illustrations, or like this simplified caricature? I mean if I will send this guitar to him. Or I even can draw a caricature, but with coloring and shading like on my previous guitar illustrations(Rickenbacker 4003). Not shure :)

Once again, I really appreciate your thoughts here.

Hello M4rio,

Sorry to reply slowly; dinnertime for the family. The Musicman Stingray is one of the best known basses, along with the Precision, Jazz and Rics. THe Ernie Ball company is not as corporate as Fender (and Rickenbacker seem to sue anyone who even writes the letter "R") and headed by Sterling Ball (Ernie's son).

On Youtube, there is a videoed Tour of the Ernie Ball factory, worth watching. His comments about the Ball Family Reserve (BFR) instruments made me think of them as worth sending a sample of your work to.

1bassleft wrote:
Hello M4rio,

Sorry to reply slowly; dinnertime for the family. The Musicman Stingray is one of the best known basses, along with the Precision, Jazz and Rics. THe Ernie Ball company is not as corporate as Fender (and Rickenbacker seem to sue anyone who even writes the letter "R") and headed by Sterling Ball (Ernie's son).

On Youtube, there is a videoed Tour of the Ernie Ball factory, worth watching. His comments about the Ball Family Reserve (BFR) instruments made me think of them as worth sending a sample of your work to.

Thanks a lot for this informations. I will try to illustrate that Musicman Stingray and possibly send some illustrations to them. Thanks a lot for encouraging me to do this.

You're welcome, I really do think your work deserves to be seen. BFR instruments are made to customer requirements, like Fender Custom Shop. Ideally, an arrangement where your artwork accompanied the finished instrument would be a nice option, but, to begin with, you just need to get people like Sterling Ball (I wrongly spelt his name Stirling in my last post) to see your work.

Keep me updated; I'd like to help if I can.

1bassleft wrote:
You're welcome, I really do think your work deserves to be seen. BFR instruments are made to customer requirements, like Fender Custom Shop. Ideally, an arrangement where your artwork accompanied the finished instrument would be a nice option, but, to begin with, you just need to get people like Sterling Ball (I wrongly spelt his name Stirling in my last post) to see your work.

Keep me updated; I'd like to help if I can.

Thanks again, I will keep you updated :)

Here are some of my latest and new guitar illustrated caricatures. Hope you will like it.
I am thinking to start using colors in this caricatures...like in my illustrations.

Acoustic "Bat" guitar

Ibanez Jem caricature

Gibson Les Paul caricature

Bigger images available on Cartoon-Guitars.com website website

Two of my latest guitar caricatures. Hope you will like them. As you can see I have decided to give some color to my caricatures :)

Gibson Les Paul guitar caricature

Gibson Thunderbird IV bass guitar caricature

I thought maybe the caricatures would not work with colour, but I was wrong. They work very well. I'm always impressed by your illustrations.

1bassleft wrote:
I thought maybe the caricatures would not work with colour, but I was wrong. They work very well. I'm always impressed by your illustrations.

Thanks 1bassleft, you know I was thinking the same way...for a long time I did not want to draw guitar caricatures. Now when I have made a few, I think I should have start with this a long time a go.

I have yesterday finished one more guitar caricature. It is PRS LTD Snakebyte, a guitar that James Hetfield from Metallica plays, and I think it turn out just fine. I will upload this guitar caricature today.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.