Lyle acoustic parts needed

I recently found a Lyle 3/4 size classical Model 601 at a garage sale but it needs the plastic bridge at the top of the fretboard. Does anyone know where you can get parts for this instrument? Thanks!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Hi Joel.

The part you are referring to is called the Nut.

A nut is made by filing a blank to custom fit a specific guitar; you don't just buy them off the shelf. You just need to find a luthier locally and let him install a new nut. Ask at your local music store. Most music stores these days act as pickup/drop off sites where a luthier collects and returns guitars he works on. Some stores have a repairman on site, but this arrangement seems to be dwindling.

It's been awhile since I've had this done, but I'm thinking it is a $25-$35 repair.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.