Anyone think they've got better guitar jokes? Post them below and prove it!
The Guitarist's Troubled Love Life
A fairly young, fairly attractive couple go to see a doctor and say they're having trouble making love. 'Could you watch us and correct any mistakes we might be making?' asks the guy.
The doc thinks it a bit unusual but says 'OK'
He watches for a while, offers a couple of suggestions and when they finish says 'well things look pretty good to me, you don't seem to have any problems'. To which the couple respond with 'things don't feel exactly right, do you mind if we come back next week for a little more guidance'. The doctor agrees and the couple return the following week. Once again they repeat the performance, get a tiny bit of help and leave quite satisfied. On the third visit the following week the doctor says 'look I really don't see any problem here, in fact I wish my love making was as good, why do you keep coming back?'
The young man says 'well to tell you the truth, I'm a guitarist in a rock band, live in a smelly old squat and don't make much money. she's married to this other guy who works from home so we can't go there. I can't afford to take her to a motel. this place is warm and friendly, we get free coffee and magazines while we wait and I get all the costs back from Medicare.
Death of a Guitarist
David dies and goes to heaven. St Peter says ' how did things go for you back on earth?' David says, 'not too bad. I left a wife, 3 kids, a pretty good bank balance, no mortgage and my wife will get another 100,000 from the insurance.' 'Great', says St Peter, 'what was it you did while you were alive?' ' Oh I was in Real estate.' 'Good oh, come on in' says the St.
Bruce follows David up to the pearly gates and gets the same sort of welcome and questions. 'yes well I left a wife and two kids, a little house in the suburbs, a few dollars in the bank, car's paid for and they should be OK with things. Good oh , come on in.
Billy was next in line and gets the questions from the old guy. 'yes well I left my 4th wife, most of my gears in the Cash Converters, cars rooted, never did quite make it to where I really thought I should have been.' 'Oh well', says St P. 'and which band was it that you played with?'
After the Gig
Guitarist finishes gig and is the last one in the place with the barman, who asks if he'd like a scotch before he goes home. The player says 'sure' and the barman plonks down a big glass of the juice and a little bowl of peanuts to go with it, then wanders off to wipe down the counter. This leaves the gun guitarist all by himself for a minute. From nowhere a little voice says 'great gig man, you're one hot picker'.
The player looks at the barman and says 'thanks' and the barman says 'what for' and the player says 'for sayin' nice things about my work'. the barman says ' I didn't say nothing'.
The guitarist thinks it's late and he's a bit spaced so he'd better head off when another little voice says 'yeah great licks man and nice moves too, you sure cut it up there'. The guitar player turns around and says 'thanks' but there's nobody there. The feller at the bar says 'are you ok?' cause the picker looks a bit pale and the guitarist says 'yeah, I think so'.
Then, as he empties his glass another voice says 'hot licks, great look, wonderful style man, the chicks sure got off on you' and the bloke says 'OK! THAT'S IT! WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?'
The barman runs down and says 'what's your problem dude?' to which the guitarist says 'WHERE ARE THOSE VOICES COMING FROM? IS THIS CANDID CAMERA?'
'What voices? What are they saying?' when the guitarist tells the barman what was going on and what was said, the barman says 'oh that'll be the peanuts man, they're complementary!'
Fifty Years in the Future
A guitarist dies and is quite please to find that he ends up standing before the pearly gates of Guitar Heaven. St. Peter shows him in, and gives him a guided tour.
"This is Stevie Ray's room here..." says Peter, and the guitarist is saying "Wow! Stevie Ray!"
"And this is Jimi's room..." and the guitarist is totally over the moon.
Finally Peter shows the guitarist to his own room. Before Peter leaves, he says to him, "I have to ask. Is Yngwie here?" Peter shakes his head sadly and says "I'm afraid he went... the "other" way..."
The guitarist is disappointed but goes to his room and tries to get some sleep. He is woken up in the middle of the night by someone playing a really fast harmonic minor lick - and it sounds just like Yngwie. He presses his ear to the wall, and listens more closely. Someone in the next room is playing really fast neo-classical shreds through what sounds very much like a vintage Strat. The guitarist is confused as it sounds so much like Yngwie. The next day he tells Peter that he is almost certain that Yngwie's in the next room.
Peter pulls him to one side, and whispers into his ear, "Shhh.... don't tell anyone. That's God. He thinks he's Yngwie Malmsteen"
Questions and Answers
Q - What do a cup of coffee and Eric Clapton have in common?
A - They both suck without Cream
Q - What's the difference between a guitarist and a mutual fund?
A - One matures.
Q - What do you call a guitar player without a girlfriend?
A - Homeless.
Q - Why did the drummer join the band?
A - He wanted to hang out with musicians.
Q - How does a guitar player change a light bulb?
A - He lies on the bed so that the room is spinning around it.
Q - How does a guitar player show up for practice?
A - Drunk and late......... as usual
Q - How many guitar players does it take to cover a Stevie Ray Vaughan tune ?
A - Evidently all of them.
Q - How do you get a rhythm guitarist to play softer?
A - Give him music to read.
Q - What's the difference between a guitar and a tuna fish?
A - You can tune a guitar but you can't tuna fish.
Q - What is the definition of a minor second?
A - Two lead guitarists playing in unision.
Q - How do you make a lead guitarist slow down?
A - Put some sheet music in front of him.
Q - How do you make a guitarist play quieter?
A - Put a sheet of music in front of him.
Q - How do you make him stop?
A - Put notes on it.
Q - How many guitarists does it take to change a light-bulb?
A - Twenty. One to change the bulb and nineteen to say "Not bad, but I could've done better."
Q - What do you throw a drowning guitarist ?
A - His amplifier.
Q - What do you call two guitarists playing in unison?
A - Counterpoint.
Q - What did the guitar say to the guitarist?
A - Pick on someone your own size!
Q - How do you make a guitarist's eyes light up?
A - Shine a flashlight in his ear.
Q - What's the range of a Gibson Les Paul?
A - Depends on how far you throw it.
Q - Why are so many guitarists jokes one liners?
A - So the rest of the band can understand them.
Q - What's the difference between a guitar player and a bag of garbage?
A - The garbage gets taken out at least once a week.
Q - What's black and blue and laying in a ditch?
A - A guitarist who's told too many drummer jokes.
Q - How many guitarists does it take to change a light bulb?
A - At least 2000: one to change the bulb and 1999 to insist how much better they could've done it!
If you go to Musician Jokes at Duck's Deluxe, you'll find jokes like these:
What's the difference between a fiddle and a violin ?
Who cares - neither one's a guitar
Why are so many guitarists jokes one liners ?
So the rest of the band can understand them
How do you get a guitar player off of your front porch ?
Pay for the pizza.
How many lead guitarists does it take to change a light bulb ?
None...they just steal somebody else's light
What do you say to a guitar player in a 3-piece suit ?
"Will the defendant please rise ..."
What do you call someone who hangs around with musicians?
What did the drummer get on his I.Q. test?
How many drummers does it take to change a lightbulb?
None. They have machines to do that now.
"Hey buddy, how late does the band play?"
"Oh, about a half a beat behind the drummer."
In the 22nd century..how many guitarists will it take to replace a light source ??
Five..one to actually do it ...
and four to reminisce about how much better the old tubes were.
Why bury guitar players 6 feet under?
Because deep down they're all very nice people..
Whats the difference between a guitar and a tuna fish??
You can tune a guitar but you can't tuna fish ..
How many sound men does it take to change a lightbulb?
"One, two, three; one, two, three."
What's worse than telling jokes about guitarists?
Laughing at 'em.
What did the guitarist do when his teacher told him to turn his amplifier on?
He caressed it softly and told it that he loved it.
What do a vacuum cleaner and an electric guitar have in common?
Both suck when you plug them in.
How do you know when the stage is level?
The guitarist is drooling out of both sides of his mouth.
How does a Lead Guitarist change a lightbulb?
He holds it and the world revolves around him.
What's the difference between a Lead Guitarist and the Taliban?
You can negotiate with the Taliban.
Did you hear about the guitarist who was in tune?
Neither have I.
2 guys were walking down the street. One was destitute.
The other was a guitarist as well.
Late one day a local pub saw six guys walk in, obviously in pairs of two, sit down and order their favorite after-work drinks.
The first two to seat themselves and be served by the bartender were two guys working at a major university whose I.Q.s were so high they could hardly be measured! They began discussing from Quantum Mechanics to the fine points of Particle Physics, either one as brilliantly as the other.
The bartender then went over to the next pair who were "regular guys" with ordinary jobs, with average I.Q.s, schmoozing about how hard it was today to keep up with bill payments, how high taxes were, how corrupt politicians were and all the day-to-day struggles most everyone has.
The last two the bartender served were two very badly educated, ill-mannered dolts with very low I.Q.s that could barely be measured on any I.Q. test. As soon as they'd ordered the bartender overheard one say to the other, "Oh, hey, I meant to ask ya, d'you use flatwound or roundwound on your bass?"
How many bass players does it take to change a lightbulb?
- None. They let the keyboard player do it with his left hand
- Don't bother. Just leave it out--no one will notice
- One, but the guitarist has to show him first
- Six: one to change it, and the other five to fight off the lead guitarists who are hogging the light
- One. Five. One. Five. One. Five.
A guitar player comes to the doctor and complains about a serious deterioriation of his memory. He especially has a hard time remembering correct changes and is afraid to lose all his gigs. Since the doctor can't find the cause, he asks the guitarist to leave behind his brain for a week in his lab for more detailed examinations. After seven days the guitar player fails to show up, and even after 2 more weeks there's no sign of him. Finally the doctor runs into him on the street, grabs him and asks: "Excuse me, but your brain is still waiting for you to stop by and pick it up, so why don't you show up?" The guitarist says, "Well, I think you can keep it; I finally switched to bass..."
A man gives his son an electric bass for his 15th birthday, along with a coupon for four bass lessons. When the son returns from his first lesson, the father asks, "So, what did you learn?"
"Well, I learned the first five notes on the E string." Next week, after the second lesson, the father again asks about the progress, and the son replies, "This time I learned the first five notes on the A string." One week later, the son comes home far later than expected, smelling of cigarettes and beer. So the father asks: "Hey, what happened in today's lesson?" "Dad, I'm sorry I couldn't make it to my lesson; I had a gig!"
A tour manager comes across the guitarist and bass player fighting at the side of the stage and pulls them apart asking what the problem was. "That bastard detuned one of the strings on my bass", says the bass player, "And we're on stage in five minutes." "So what's the problem?", asks the tour manager. "He won't tell me which string it was he detuned", said the Bassist.
Enough Bass Guitar Jokes Already!
What's the difference between Rock music and a machine gun?
The machine gun only repeats 10 times per second.
Why did the chicken cross the road ?
To escape the Heavy Metal Music.
Why Guitars are better than Men
- Guitars don't snore.
- Guitars never wake you up in the middle of the night, for any reason.
- Guitars never try to show you off to their friends.
- Guitars don't come home drunk after a night out with the other Guitars.
- You don't have to praise a Guitar after playing it.
- Guitars don't have to prove anything.
- Guitars don't try to change you once you've bought them.
- Second-hand Guitars don't go to see previous owners when you're out of town.
- Guitars don't have egos.
- You don't have to continually assure your Guitar that its string length is just right.
- Your Guitar will never earn more than you do for the same job just because it's a Guitar.
- Your Guitar never spends a "night out with the Guitars" and comes home with a strange rash on its fretboard.
- You don't have to feed your Guitar.
- Guitars never argue, you are always right.
- Guitars don't sneak around with other Guitars.
- When you're playing, your Guitar doesn't care if other Guitars are bigger or better.
- Guitars don't abandon you at gatherings for more interesting players.
- Guitars don't get jealous of your male colleagues.
- Second-hand Guitars don't go to see previous owners when you're out of town.
- Guitars never put you down, yet you can put them down whenever you wish.
- When your Guitar is being played too slow, you can speed up.
- You determine the length and frequency of playing, and you're always in control.
- Your Guitar never finishes before you do.
Why Guitars are better than Women
- Guitars don't care how many other Guitars you have.
- Guitars don't care how many other Guitars you've played.
- You can share your Guitar with your friends.
- You'll never hear, "Surprise, you are going to proud father of a new Guitar" unless you go out to buy one yourself.
- Guitars don't care if you buy Guitar magazines.
- Guitars don't care if you look at other Guitars.
- If your Guitar is flat you can fix it.
- Your Guitar doesn't care if you never listen to it.
- Your Guitar won't care if you leave up the toilet seat.
- You don't have to be jealous of the guy who works on your Guitar.
- If you say bad things to your Guitar, you don't have to apologize before you play it again.
- You can play your Guitar as long as you want and it won't get sore.
- You can stop playing your Guitar as soon as you want and it won't get frustrated.
- Your parents won't remain in touch with your old Guitar after you dump it.
- Guitars don't get headaches.
- Guitars don't insult you if you're a bad player.
- Guitars don't care if you're late.
- You don't have to take a shower before you play your Guitar.
- If your Guitar doesn't look good you can refinish it or get new parts.
- You can play your Guitar the first time you meet it, without having to take it to dinner, see a movie, or meet its mother.
- The only protection you have to wear when playing your Guitar is a decent thumb pick.
- When in mixed company, you can talk about what a great time you had the last time you played your Guitar.
Post your guitar jokes below...