Fishman TriplePlay 1.1 Software Update
Fishman updates the TriplePlay Wireless MIDI software to version 1.1, with over 50 improvements and new features.
This wireless MIDI guitar pickup and controller system continues to make waves and has recently won the "Best In Show" recognition at the concluded 2013 Summer NAMM.
Being the most recent MIDI pickup system, TriplePlay presents the latest MIDI guitar controller technology. This easy to mount gear expands the creative possibilities of the guitar and turns it into a full-featured MIDI controller.
The core of the Fishman TriplePlay system is its hexaphonic MIDI pickup and control box that you can easily mount to your guitar. It also has a wireless USB dongle that connects to your computer, functioning as a receiver. Its discrete and non-intrusive form factor makes mounting easy, and when connected it gives you a virtually unlimited palette of sounds, of which you conveniently control wirelessly.
Once connected to your computer you can then use your guitar as a standard MIDI controller with your DAW and other software, or you can use the bundled Fishman TriplePlay App. To make setting up quick and easy, the Fishman TriplePlay hardware ships with a comprehensive suite of full version software from PreSonus (StudioOne Artist), Native Instruments (Kontakt Elements and GuitarRig LE), IK Multimedia (SampleTank and AmpliTube Custom Shop) and Notion Music (PROGRESSION 2).
Now Fishman has updated the TriplePlay app to version v1.1, with new features and improved compatibility. Most notable of the changes is the apps 64-bit compatibility with both Windows and Mac platforms, and it now supports Windows 8. Other features include:
- New Basic Enhanced Mode lets you activate Pitch Bend in the iPad GarageBand App.
- Factory patches no longer requires Elements when using Komplete sounds.
- New Import/Export feature for transferring patches from one TriplePlay installation computer to another.
- Improved hardware support allows the entire patch list to be loaded into the controller for use in the Hardware Mode.
- Software update notification will let you know when new new software releases are available.
- Connection stability is improved with enhanced Encoder/Receiver communications.
- New Plug-in support to improve scan time and accuracy.
- Improved overall performance when used with Windows.
- Improved TriplePlay’s compatibility with popular DAWs such as Cubase and Ableton Live 9.
- Two new TriplePlay mixer audio options allow the Guitar Channel Level to be adjusted independently of Synth Channels.
- You can now control the final output volume via an external MIDI pedal
- Various other enhancements and improvements
The Fishman TriplePlay MIDI is currently retailing for $399. You can find out more about it by visiting Fishman.
MIDI Guitar Pickups
Share This Article