Hey Chicks: Neil Young song cover contest
American Laundromat Records and Daisy Rock Guitars are co-sponsoring a contest inviting female artists and female-fronted bands to submit a cover version of Neil Young's "Only Love Can Break Your Heart" to win a Daisy Rock guitar, consideration for an official Daisy Rock endorsement, and a guaranteed slot on the upcoming American Laundromat Records benefit CD "Cinnamon Girl - Women Artists Cover Neil Young." All proceeds from the Cinnamon Girl project will be donated to Casting For Recovery, a national non-profit support and educational program for women who have or have had breast cancer. Tanya Donelly, Jill Sobule, The Watson Twins, Kristin Hersh, Lori McKenna, Josie Cotton, and Britta Phillips are just some of the outstanding female artists covering Neil Young for the Cinnamon Girl benefit CD due out October 3, 2007.
To be eligible, bands must meet the following requirements:
- Have a lead female vocalist, and at least one female guitarist or bassist
- Have a website and/or myspace page, and gig regularly at local clubs and venues
- Be a fan of Neil Young’s music
The contest winner will receive:
- A guaranteed spot on the Cinnamon Girl benefit CD
- Free Daisy Rock guitar or bass, and consideration to earn an official Daisy Rock endorsement
- Winner will be announced worldwide on the American Laundromat website and myspace page as well as the Daisy Rock web site and myspace page
To enter, artists are invited to submit their cover version of “Only Love Can Break Your Heart” on CD to American Laundromat Records, c/o Cinnamon Girl Contest, P.O. Box 1428, Pawcatuck, CT 06379. Submission deadline is May 15th. The winner will be chosen and announced on June 1st. Any questions regarding the contest should be directed to email@example.com with the following in the subject field “Cinnamon Girl Contest Question”.
THIS IS A PRESS RELEASE
Share This Article