Catalinbread Debuts 3 New Pedals at Winter NAMM 2012
This is Catalinbread's first year exhibiting at NAMM, you'll find them in booth #1366.
NAMM 2012 Press Release: We're releasing a boatload of new products at the show. Three new pedals to our product line make their first appearance, and we also have three special custom shop creations dubbed the 'fuzz flowers'. Come visit us in booth #1366 to meet some of the crew and try out our entire line-up. But for those who can't make it to the show, here's a round-up of the new products we'll be showing.
Nautilux Chorus - Vibrato
- All analog utilizing high voltage MN3007 bucket brigade chips
- Tap tempo capable.
- Stereo, dual modulated outputs.
- Level Control inspired by the classic CE-1
- Powerful tone circuit allows you to dial shinny airy, to warm and chewy.
- Mix control allowing you to tune in 100% modulated to 100% dry and everything in between.
- Independent rate and depth for both modes vibrato and chorus.
- Vibrato mode is modulated by a sine wave form, chorus is modulated by a triangular waveform, again inspired by the CE1.
- Expression pedal capable to control rates or depths.
- Searing three knob octave fuzz.
- Capable of delicate octave harmonies, to ripping fuzz tones.
- Great sounding fuzz whether played high on the frets, or chunky power chords.
- Excellent integration with your guitar's volume/tone controls
- Special LED bypass to preserve the highest tonal feel.
Classic UNI-VIBE inspired "prototype"
Chief circuit designer Howard Gee and Nicholas Harris began working on our take on the classic uni-vibe about 3 years ago. We spent many months playing various benchmark uni-vibe pedals. Not to mention Howard has THAT sound ingrained into his DNA. Work continued... Then about a year ago Nicholas ran into J Mascis at a Portland show, where J asked Nicholas why no other manufacturers can make a good vibe and asked that we do so. Nicholas told J that we would. And of course we want to make sure J has the best vibe in the world... Howard also has high standards and requirements of a vibe. So the Catalinbread vibe will be released only when Howard is completely happy with our creation.
- Classic Uni-vibe inspired "vibe"
- Independent rate controls for chorus and vibrato modes.
- Incandescent bulb opto controlled phase shift stages.
- "Cancel" function which allows for old school uni-vibe "bypass" sounds.
- Offset knob allows control over the center frequency of the vibe.
- Input knob allows the player to control their input impedance from traditional to high.
- Volume control.
- Intensity control.
- Expression pedal capable to control rates.
- Tap tempo capable.
Custom Shop Fuzz Flowers
Three very special creations handpainted by Sharlet Thompson, feature the Catalinbread line as well as some special fuzz creations built by Bryan Lundstrom.
For more information visit catalinbread.com
Share This Article