Fire Bottle Tube Booster Now Shipping
This little booster vintage tube preamp in a pedal is used as a clean boost on lower gain settings, and when running on full, pushes your valve amp into overdrive.
It can add grit and growl to thicken and warm up your tone without loosing definition and clarity. Also it features a selectable input impedance switch to allow fine-tuning of the resonant peak of a single coil pickup to alter the fundamental tone.
Two settings make it possible to shift the resonant peak 2 to 4KHz down, having the effect of making a strat bridge pickup sound like a neck pickup or even like a humbucker, for a thicker, fatter and fuller sound. This feature combined with a wide gain range, Harvard tone control adds a huge level of flexibility to the sounds you can get out of a stock standard Strat.
And with it's very low noise profile, it's suitable for both live and in the studio.
- All-Tube: 100% analog tube signal path based on a NOS Mil-spec subminiature 6112 tube.
- Boost Control: ranges from 3dB (a little over unity, where the pedal can add a subtle lift to your tone) to substantial 25dB to push clean channels into tube overdrive.
- Tone Control: Classic Fender ‘Harvard’ tube amp tone control.
- Resonance Switch: Fine-tunes the resonant peak of a single coil pickup to alter the fundamental tone. Two settings make it possible to shift the resonant peak 2 to 4KHz down. This has the effect of making a strat bridge pickup sound like a neck pickup or even a humbucker for a thicker, fatter and fuller sound adding a huge degree of flexibility to your guitar tone.
- True Bypass: With Effectrode's unique ‘anti-pop’ or ‘thump’ footswitching circuitry
The Effectrode Team are only doing a limited run of 100 pedals - so be quick if you want one.
Details are availbale at Fire Bottle.
Share This Article
Gretsch Guitars celebrate the first decade of their US based Custom Shop by releasing the Custom Shop 10th Anniversary Duo Jet NOS, limited to only 10 guitars worldwide.