Positive Grid Bias Desktop
Positive Grid unveils the Windows and Mac OS X plug-in versions of their innovative amp designer and modeler Bias.
JamUp Multi Effects Update
It is now available in VST, Audio Unit (AU), RTAS and AAX formats, for quick integration with your favorite digital audio workstation.
Bias Desktop carries the features found in the original iOS app and comes with an innovative addition called Amp Matching.
The feature that popularized Bias, Amp Designer, is still at the heart of this plug-in. To start with, you have 36 recreations of popular vintage and modern amps, which you can then use to customize your own amp. Instead of merely shaping the tone with EQ controls, Bias lets you modify the virtual parts of your amp by changing the tubes, preamp, transformer, tone stacks, cab and mic. It lets you alter the design of your virtual amp until you find the sound that you want.
Sharing of presets is now becoming a standard feature of many amp modelers, and the upcoming Bias Desktop is not an exception. You can upload or download custom amp creations to ToneCloud, Bias’ own amp-sharing platform. This means you can share your custom presets with other users, or try out the multitude of other user designed amps.
Instead of just being a straightforward port of the iOS app version, Positive Grid adds a nifty feature called Amp Matching. With this, Bias Desktop can analyze live or recorded guitar tone and recreate the sound for your own use, a feature that was only available from premium amp and effects modelers. Simply have the amp signal processed by BIAS Desktop and it will apply the necessary processing to make your current amp match the tone of the inputted guitar signal.
Check out this teaser video, showcasing the Amp Matching feature:
This desktop version also brings three new dedicated preamp and power amp modules: Glassy, Crunch, and Insane. These are said to be optimized for various playing styles and tone. The press release says, "Inside these new BIAS Expansion Pack modules, the controls for each preamp, power amp, cabinet and EQ module are tailored specifically to these three fresh styles, providing users with even more precise amp customization."Bias Desktop Features:
- 36 HD amp models included with the introductory release.
- Amp Matching captures any miked amp or recorded track and creates a matched model.
- Share and download thousands of artist- and user-created and matched amp models on ToneCloud
- Fully customizable preamps, tone stacks, power amps, transformers, cabinets and mic selection and placement—mix and match!
- Customize the look and feel of your own amp panel; change the name, tolex, panel and knobs.
- Works the way guitarists think: tweak gain and overdrive, swap out tubes and transformers, change the cabinet and mic position, and shape the tone with different tone stacks and two 8-band equalizers.
- Included noise gate and room simulator.
- Create a virtually unlimited number of custom amps.
- Quick preset facility recalls each of your 8 favorite settings in turn with just one tap.
According to the company, Bias Desktop is currently in the testing phase and is set for 3rd quarter release. Positive Grid is inviting beta testers to help them in shaping the app and to give them early feedback before the release. For more information, head over to Positive Grid.
Positive Grid Bias Desktop Now Available
Share This Article