What is This Effect Called?

I need an effect but don't know the name for it, it could be just heavy distortion, anyway, i'll give some examples of the effect i'm trying to get:

First guitar sound in Papa Roach - Last Resort.
First sound in Limp Bizkit - Break Stuff.
First Guitar sound in Alien Antfarm - Smooth Criminal.

I hope that is enough to demonstrate the kind of effect I need, (perhaps those three are different from each other.?..).

Could you please tell me the name of that effect, and what to buy to achieve it (which pedal or whatever).



The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

Copyright © 1999 - 2023 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.