Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - March, 2001

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Marshall 1965A amp

Marshall 1965A amp

This popular thread has been given its own page : Marshall 1965A amp

Marshall amps

Is it true that a JCM800 is gutsier than a JCM900 ???

Marshall amps

Is it true that a JCM800 is gutsier than a JCM900 ???

Re: Marshall amps

From what I have heard and what others say - YES -
Rai
www.SimpLe168.com
P.S. This is jsut my opinion and tone is a very subjective thing - this being said majority states 800's are ballsier -

Re: Marshall amps

: Is it true that a JCM800 is gutsier than a JCM900 ???

I sold my JCM 900 several years ago to get an 800. I had have to say definitly yes. If you can find a JCM 800 channel switcher with reverb, and compare it to a dual reverb, will notice that the JCM 800 will eat the 900 and ask for seconds. Not only is it louder, It has all the gain you would need. An added bonus is that it is built way better (I've heard that the 900 transformers will burn up pretty easy). I've had mine for nearly 9 years with no problems, and I've carried it everywhere, dropped it, and basically put it through hell. However, those new JCM 2000's sound pretty damn good.....

ApophisV

Angus Young Biography

Hi all,

I've been playing guitar here in Perth for 6 years now and I'm currently studying Classical, Jazz, and Rock Guitar.

I am doing a project for school but came across a problem... I can't seem to find a biography on Angus Young. Is this because they are rare and lies, or is it because they don't exist. If anyone has a digital copy could they please email it to me as it's quite urgent.

Re: Angus Young Biography

He's not very tall, he's getting old, he plays an SG strung with .09's, Malcolm, AC/DC's rhythm guitarist is his brother and is almost a foot taller than he is. He was born in australia. I'd look for an AC/DC website.

: He's not very tall, he's getting old, he plays an SG strung with .09's, Malcolm, AC/DC's rhythm guitarist is his brother and is almost a foot taller than he is. He was born in australia. I'd look for an AC/DC website.

Great flaming blue-eyed bald-headed Jesus! Malcolm is not a foot taller than Angus--check a group photo for Pete's sake!

: He's not very tall, he's getting old, he plays an SG strung with .09's, Malcolm, AC/DC's rhythm guitarist is his brother and is almost a foot taller than he is. He was born in australia. I'd look for an AC/DC website.

Who is tallest? Angus Or Malcom? How tall is Angus in CM? Im a big fan!

love From Norway

go norway

Angus is 5'2", Malcom is 5'3"!!!!! They are both awesome no matter how tall they are...

: Angus is 5'2", Malcom is 5'3"!!!!! They are both awesome no matter how tall they are...

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa they rock my socks

actually, he was born in scotland and immigrated to australia when he was really young. haha, geddit? young. i love it

yeah, so what if he's short..got more money than you do and you're gettin older every day..grab on that!!

Angus young will never age...the legend lives on...I think he's sexy. He's not than old anyhow, only 49. That's probably not alot older than your parents. 2 things a)Angus was born in Scotland, as was Malcolm and b)Malcolm is tiny too..theyre both really short. Malcolm is a few inches taller, not nearly a foot...
How tall is Angus exactly?

He is not born in australia you fucking moron. He was born in glasgow, Scotland MArch 31, 1955. He, and his brother Malcolm started the band in 1973

hey uh cody?....i believe you are the fucking moron....he was indeed born in scotland....but he and malcolm had started the band BEFORE 1973...they didn't appear in america until 73' you fucking jackass retard...have fun being stupid....and a little word of advice....don't correct people unless you are right.

I like pie.

: He is not born in australia you fucking moron. He was born in glasgow, Scotland MArch 31, 1955. He, and his brother Malcolm started the band in 1973

Stevie, pretty funny... Hey, can you get me backstage to meet you guys on the next tour in the US? Let me know - I'd give my left one to meet you guys and hang for a minute or two. Take care. Ed parker839@yahoo.com

im a bigger fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! e-mail me acdc fans

you go angus

hello youngins how are u

: Hi all,

: I am doing a project for school but came across a problem... I can't seem to find a biography on Angus Young. Is this because they are rare and lies, or is it because they don't exist. If anyone has a digital copy could they please email it to me as it's quite urgent.

hi! look, about what rick said, he wasn't born in Australia, he moved there when he was a child or a teenager... He was born in Scotland. I don't know any sites with a complete bio, I'm looking for the same thing as you, i've just been collecting little pieces of his bio from many sites. see ya!

: Oi

: I've been playing guitar here in London Ontario for 4 years now and I just want to say that Angus Young is my hero. He helped me find my passion and he's the god of all talented guitarists. I'm doing a project on Angus and I can't find biography on him. I was wondering if someone could help. Thanks

-Mandy

Hi,

Does anyone know ALL nine name's of Angus' siblings? I've been searching everywhere for a project, and I can't find all the info. All I got is Malcolm and George obviously and also Margaret and Alex. I need 4 more. If anyone knows anything... plz reply! Thanks.

Hey... i cant find a bio on Angus Young, my idol. It seems interesting a rockers life, so i want to find out.

Hey wats up! Im doing a project on angus my god my idol my whole life and i cant find any good sites for a biography on him. Te ones ive been to stink!

suggestions for small (tube) amp for beginner

I'd like a small type practice amp, preferably tube, that I won't need to upgrade in 2 years. A 15 watt would serve my needs. No more than $200.00. Is this doable in this price range. Guitar is an (American) Strat. Apreciate your input. Thanks!

Re: suggestions for small (tube) amp for beginner

I bought a used Crate "Vintage Club" amp (15 watts, all tube) for about $130. It's got a pretty decent tone with its internal 8" speaker. If you get a 16 Ohm cabinet, you can connect it to the speaker out. I run it through a 4X10" Peavey cabinet and it sounds great. There's basically only one good tone in it, but that tone is awesome.

: I'd like a small type practice amp, preferably tube, that I won't need to upgrade in 2 years. A 15 watt would serve my needs. No more than $200.00. Is this doable in this price range. Guitar is an (American) Strat. Apreciate your input. Thanks!

I recently went through the same situation as you. I decided on the Fender Champion 30,about $209. It is solid state but has a special Fender tube emulation device in it. It has clean and gain channels and reverb. I love tube amps but am VERY impressed with this amp. I highly recommend trying it. As other tube amps with these features can cost a lot more

I recently went through the same situation as you. I decided on the Fender Champion 30,about $209. It is solid state but has a special Fender tube emulation device in it. It has clean and gain channels and reverb. I love tube amps but am VERY impressed with this amp. I highly recommend trying it. As other tube amps with these features can cost a lot more

: I'd like a small type practice amp, preferably tube, that I won't need to upgrade in 2 years. A 15 watt would serve my needs. No more than $200.00. Is this doable in this price range. Guitar is an (American) Strat. Apreciate your input. Thanks!

Thanks for the responses. I checked out the Fender Chanpion 30, written up in the musiciansfriend.com catalog. Looks promising. Also will keep an eye out for small used tube amps. May take awhile to locate a decent one. Any sites on the web selling used equipment that I could check out? Thanks!

1930's Kay Guitars & Harmony Guitars !

1930's Kay Guitars & Harmony Guitars !

This popular thread has been given its own page : 1930's Kay Guitars & Harmony Guitars !

combo amplifier

HI, i am looking to buy a compact, affordable (used) all tube amp for guitar. I want it for jazz & blues. To give you an idea, the sound I am looking for is in the likes of Larry Carlton etc: & a clean jazzy tone. I would be grateful for any ideas on this.
Thank you
Raj

Re: combo amplifier

Played on a small Fender Champ,twas very cool.Owned a Fender Princeton 2 for a couple of weeks.Good,but couldn't stand up to heavy-handed drummer.Oh yeah,the Roland JC 77 is not tubed,but very good.
Good Luck

lead guitaring

i want to learn lead guitaring, i can play ryhtm plz tell me where do i stast and how...thanks

Re: lead guitaring

Learn some scales and practice them over and over until you don't think about them any more. Play them straight through, or backwards, or skip notes, or play other little patterns. Eventually it should fall together.
-Rick

I am new to hollow guitar plz tell me some lessons which also have some graphics in it.

: i want to improve on my solo guitaring please give me advice

LEAD GUITARING, RYTHM GUITARING AND GUITAR SOLOING

I REALLY NEED SOME HELP, I REALLY WANT LEARN ON LEAD GUITARING, GUITAR SOLOING AND EVEN I KNOW HOW TO PLAY IN A RYTHM GUITAR, I STILL WANTED TO IMPROVE MY SKILL SO PLEASE HELP ME

control knobs

I RECENTLY BOUGHT A NEW GUILD STARFIRE II ARCH TOP.
CAN SOME ONE ENLIGHTEN ME AS TO WHAT KNOBS CONTROL WHAT
PICK UPS. OR DOES THE TOGGLE SWITCH CONTROL THE PICK UPS
AND THE KNOBS CONTROL THE SOUND. THERE ARE FOUR KNOBS,
TWO PICK UPS AND ONE (THREE WAY ? ) SWITCH. NOTHING
CAME WITH THE GUITAR EXCEPT THE WARRANTY BOOK.

Re: control knobs

Good question, The 3-way toggle does select the pickups to be used. If it is in the Les Paul tradition, flipping the switch upactivates the neck pickup, in the middle activates both pickups, and down activates the bridge pickup. The knobs control the volume and tone of the pickups. The top knobs control the neck pickup ( I think, it could be the other way around)that is, the top-front controls the volume and the top-rear controls the tone of the pickup. The bottom knobs work the same way but with the other pickup. If you use both pickups, all four knobs are used, you just have to play with them to find a tone that you like. When I had my Les Paul I favored the center position with the volume and tone controls maxed. Anyway, I hope this helps!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.