Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - March, 2001

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

The beatles

go beatles
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: The beatles

: john, paul, george and ringo. yeah yeah yeah!!!

Strat Plus...1992....anyone have the correct wiring diagram?

Subject says it all I guess....the thing is currently without any caps...what is the *correct* diagram to get it back in action? It had terrible hum and in between stripping it and reassembly life got in the way. Anyway if anyone could help I'd sure be grateful!
James Dexter :-)

Looking to repair my Guitar

Is there any good, trustworthy guitar repair places(for fret repair,etc.) or places that will do a good Marshall amp modification in the bay area? (CA)

Beginner Gutiar (how long to learn to play a song?)

I just started playing gutiar 2 weeks ago want to play jazz, getting lessons. My teacher gave me 3 cords C, G & D, plus 3 jazz cords C, G7 & D, plus natrual notes on strings E & A. After 1 week of this I could play natrual note good and play each cord indivudally but not switch between them and barly finger the jazz cords. When I went back I felt I should have been able do all of this. I know everyone is diffrent but about how long does it take to learn to switch between 3 cord without missing a beat? This is really frustrating.

Re: Beginner Gutiar (how long to learn to play a song?)

: I just started playing gutiar 2 weeks ago want to play jazz, getting lessons. My teacher gave me 3 cords C, G & D, plus 3 jazz cords C, G7 & D, plus natrual notes on strings E & A. After 1 week of this I could play natrual note good and play each cord indivudally but not switch between them and barly finger the jazz cords. When I went back I felt I should have been able do all of this. I know everyone is diffrent but about how long does it take to learn to switch between 3 cord without missing a beat? This is really frustrating.

Hang-in man I've taught guitar 4 13 yrs. You just gotta keep practicing changing from chord to chord ,after a while your hand will "catch up" to your brain,the dedication you need you will find by listening to your favorite players - I meen get jelous!

i stareted 3 mounthes agoand im asowner but not o goodd

can u tech me how to play

Hey can u tell me the basic hey's to the gutiar i mean what are they called and what to hit becase i got the noted but don't know how to play thanx

Hey can u tell me the basic key's to the gutiar i mean what are they called and what to hit becase i got the noted but don't know how to play thanx

Hey can u tell me the basic key's to the gutiar i mean what are they called and what to hit becase i got the note's but don't know how to play thanx...

i want 2 learn how to play the guitar

i just started and need to know the notes

: : I just started playing gutiar 2 weeks ago want to play jazz, getting lessons. My teacher gave me 3 cords C, G & D, plus 3 jazz cords C, G7 & D, plus natrual notes on strings E & A. After 1 week of this I could play natrual note good and play each cord indivudally but not switch between them and barly finger the jazz cords. When I went back I felt I should have been able do all of this. I know everyone is diffrent but about how long does it take to learn to switch between 3 cord without missing a beat? This is really frustrating.

: Hang-in man I've taught guitar 4 13 yrs. You just gotta keep practicing changing from chord to chord ,after a while your hand will "catch up" to your brain,the dedication you need you will find by listening to your favorite players - I meen get jelous! i also need to know how to read the music and how to play it also what does each sting stand for like what letter a b or c etc. so e-mail back plz

Re: i just started and need to know the notes

: : : I just started playing gutiar 2 weeks ago want to play jazz, getting lessons. My teacher gave me 3 cords C, G & D, plus 3 jazz cords C, G7 & D, plus natrual notes on strings E & A. After 1 week of this I could play natrual note good and play each cord indivudally but not switch between them and barly finger the jazz cords. When I went back I felt I should have been able do all of this. I know everyone is diffrent but about how long does it take to learn to switch between 3 cord without missing a beat? This is really frustrating.

: : Hang-in man I've taught guitar 4 13 yrs. You just gotta keep practicing changing from chord to chord ,after a while your hand will "catch up" to your brain,the dedication you need you will find by listening to your favorite players - I meen get jelous! i also need to know how to read the music and how to play it also what does each sting stand for like what letter a b or c etc. so e-mail back plz

what are the notes in a G7/D cord on a piano

: : : : I just started playing gutiar 2 weeks ago want to play jazz, getting lessons. My teacher gave me 3 cords C, G & D, plus 3 jazz cords C, G7 & D, plus natrual notes on strings E & A. After 1 week of this I could play natrual note good and play each cord indivudally but not switch between them and barly finger the jazz cords. When I went back I felt I should have been able do all of this. I know everyone is diffrent but about how long does it take to learn to switch between 3 cord without missing a beat? This is really frustrating.

: : : Hang-in man I've taught guitar 4 13 yrs. You just gotta keep practicing changing from chord to chord ,after a while your hand will "catch up" to your brain,the dedication you need you will find by listening to your favorite players - I meen get jelous! i also need to know how to read the music and how to play it also what does each sting stand for like what letter a b or c etc. so e-mail back plz

: : I just started playing gutiar 2 weeks ago want to play jazz, getting lessons. My teacher gave me 3 cords C, G & D, plus 3 jazz cords C, G7 & D, plus natrual notes on strings E & A. After 1 week of this I could play natrual note good and play each cord indivudally but not switch between them and barly finger the jazz cords. When I went back I felt I should have been able do all of this. I know everyone is diffrent but about how long does it take to learn to switch between 3 cord without missing a beat? This is really frustrating.

: Hang-in man I've taught guitar 4 13 yrs. You just gotta keep practicing changing from chord to chord ,after a while your hand will "catch up" to your brain,the dedication you need you will find by listening to your favorite players - I meen get jelous!

hey i just got a gutiar and dont Know any notes yes i got a gutiar book but thats complicated please help my email is mrgevrh and my other one is ps2lover222 andim on aol

Hi my name is Erica i ahve been play eletric gutiar for about one week im really not that good but i wanna learn better i wanna start a band soon but i need to get way way better my firneds and people say im good but i dont tihnk iam well please help me out later!

: Hang-in man I've taught guitar 4 13 yrs. You just gotta keep practicing changing from chord to chord ,after a while your hand will "catch up" to your brain,the dedication you need you will find by listening to your favorite players - I meen get jelous!

how much do eletric gutiar sets usually cost?

i want to learn how to play eletric gutiar but first i need to know how much eletric gutiar sets cost......than-x 4 your reply

: I just started playing gutiar 2 weeks ago want to play jazz, getting lessons. My teacher gave me 3 cords C, G & D, plus 3 jazz cords C, G7 & D, plus natrual notes on strings E & A. After 1 week of this I could play natrual note good and play each cord indivudally but not switch between them and barly finger the jazz cords. When I went back I felt I should have been able do all of this. I know everyone is diffrent but about how long does it take to learn to switch between 3 cord without missing a beat? This is really frustrating.

look it is going to take you a maybe a few weeks it'l you can play a full song mabe longer, depending how fast you are

well i have just inherited my family's guitar and i want to learn how to tune and play it so any help out there would be greatly appriciated thank you

i started playing the gutiar about 4 weeks ago and i know all the cord i need to learn how to put them to gether to make a song

i need help

i've had a guitar about a year now, and i still can't play it. I did know how to play the A7,G,C chords. But i forgot them. I bought the Hal Leonard Guitar Method book 1. by Will Schmid. Any suggestions? email me bigjoshman23@hotmail.com

Korg AX1000G vs AX1500G

Korg AX1000G vs AX1500G

This popular thread has been given its own page : Korg AX1000G vs AX1500G

can someone who has a dimarzio x2n describe it for me?

i'm thinking of getting one for the bridge position of my ibanez rg550.

Re: can someone who has a dimarzio x2n describe it for me?

This is one of the hottest passive pickups you can get. I had one in a Fender Strat a long time ago (wish I had kept it too) wired to a switch that would split the coils. This pickup doesn't clean up well and has a very cutting high end to it (that can be both good and bad depending on the person). You're amp will have a lot of say about this as well. If you're playing Metal, the X2N or Superdistortion is the way to go.

: i'm thinking of getting one for the bridge position of my ibanez rg550.

Re: can someone who has a dimarzio x2n describe it for me?

This was long ago, but i have one. It is REALLY high output, like, if u strum hard on your clean channel, it will distort, the harmonics r very easy to sound, they jump right out at u. It's just a very hot sounding pickup, i use it with a dimarzio breed in the neck, it's great. But the X2N just has a high threshold really, it can pick up higher and lower frequencies than other pickups.

are tex-mex pickups better?

are tex-mex pickups better than normal fender pickups?Why?

Re: are tex-mex pickups better?

I'm no professional by any means, but I really like my tex mex pickups in my california strat. I had the oportunity to try the tex mex pickups against the texas specials, in the same guitar. the texas specials were definatly stronger, better high gain, but the flavor of the tex mex is what I like, subdude, warm, and the best blues tone I have tried, I have a broder range of tones below the fully distorted level which gives me a overdriven sound rather than all out distortion. 2 million guitar players will have 2million different tastes in tone, but I like them.

Re: are tex-mex pickups better?

: are tex-mex pickups better than normal fender pickups?Why? Well, Tex-Mex pickups are slighthly overwound (as were most 50's and 60's pickups, in comparison to modern standards). That extra wiring makes them "hotter" pickups, more responsive and having a better noise/signal ratio. Granted they are passive single-coil type, and they will still produce a good amount of typical hum ... to avoid that, you will have to try Fender "Noiseless" pickups that are not hotter but simply better shielded, or EMG's active pickup system (though these don't suit every type of music, they are the best for gilmour-type solos...). I personnally try to minimize the hum (often using mid-settings between pickups), but a small amount is fine and can even at times bring an organic quality to the sound (as opposed to sterile). I use Tex-Mex pickups cause my axe came factory-equipped with them (mexican Nashville Deluxe Telecaster) and because I like both this instrument and its voice. And to answer your question: YES, I consider them to be better than standard pickups.

Floyd Rose

I just got an Ibanez FGM400 - I have no idea how to set up the Floyd Rose, let alone change the strings. Is there a website out there with instructions ?
Thanks

Re: Floyd Rose

one important thing to remeber is that when your changing the strings you want to cahnge them one at a time and to never take them all off, take off one string, put it on, ***TUNE IT*** then take off the 2nd string and repeat this, if the bridge starts to stick out from the guitar or sticks in, you need to take the back cover off and there should be screws that go in your guitar *pointing towards the neck* and u just need to adjsut them by tightning them to get ur bridge center with ur guitar, hope this helped

fender frontman vs. crate gx-15

im looking to buy a practice amp and i cant decide between the fender frontman and crate gx-15. both are the same price. im looking for a clean overdriven sound with raunchy distortion

Re: fender frontman vs. crate gx-15

: im looking to buy a practice amp and i cant decide between the fender frontman and crate gx-15. both are the same price. im looking for a clean overdriven sound with raunchy distortion

I would go with the Fender. I know the crate will sound weak, I have tried them before. A little trick I learned with practice amps is to use headphones so that you bypass the cheap speaker they use in them.

Re: fender frontman vs. crate gx-15

I have a Crate Gx-15, I havent been playing long but, it works fine for me,you can get some good distortion from it ( well at least I do)

Floyd Rose advise PLZ READ!

I bought a 7-string washburn a couple months ago and i have noticed for some time that on the floyd rose were the whammy bar goes the screwing on the floyd rose is saw'ed off, now i have no clue why this is but the peice that sticks out that u put the whammy bar in half the part is sawed off, is it because the whammy bar couldnt fit and they saw'ed a part of it off? Im wondering because when u turn the whammy bar *180 degrees* as im turning it it gets harder to turn at a certain point and i know its because of this, now i want to know how much 7 string floyd rose's are and are they easiy to replace

Re: Floyd Rose advise PLZ READ!

: I bought a 7-string washburn a couple months ago and i have noticed for some time that on the floyd rose were the whammy bar goes the screwing on the floyd rose is saw'ed off, now i have no clue why this is but the peice that sticks out that u put the whammy bar in half the part is sawed off, is it because the whammy bar couldnt fit and they saw'ed a part of it off? Im wondering because when u turn the whammy bar *180 degrees* as im turning it it gets harder to turn at a certain point and i know its because of this, now i want to know how much 7 string floyd rose's are and are they easiy to replace

If it does not affect the playability I would not mess with it. Just be careful when you buy the next one.

Re: Floyd Rose advise PLZ READ!

EXCUSE ME! I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT SIGN THE WORD "FLOYD"
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Because you loved me

I am needing to know who wrote the song "Because you loved me" sung recently be Celine Dion. Also, what was the inspiration behind it? Thanks

Re: Because you loved me

: no, not a Celine Dion post.
Ugh.

: I am needing to know who wrote the song "Because you loved me" sung recently be Celine Dion. Also, what was the inspiration behind it? Thanks

Hi!
It was Dianne Warren who wrote the words and music. / Sarah

who wrote the song: Diane Warren
the inspiration behind it? Thanks to God

do you have easier chords than this:

ab db eb db db db bb db ab db eb db db db db bb db
[F#/Ab]For all those [Db]times you stood by me, For all the [F#2]truth that you made me see,

For all the [Db/Bb]joy you brought to my life, For all the [Absus]wrong that you made right,[Ab]

RE-CONEING SPEAKERS

A FRIEND GAVE ME 2 15INCH ALTEC SPEAKERS, STILL IN THE BOX. HE SAID THEY DIDNT WORK, THEY NEEDED TO BE RECONED, ARE ALTEC GOOD SPEAKERS, IS IT EXSPENSIVE TO RECONE. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THEM BY THE LOOKS OF THEM, IUSE PEAVY SCORPIONS IN MY CABINET, SO I DONT NEED THEM< BUT IF ITS WORTH IT ILL HAVE THEM FIXED. APPRECIATE ANY ADVICE.

Re: RE-CONEING SPEAKERS

: Good new speakers are easier to buy and sometimes less expensive. Reissue vintage speakers are a great buy right now.

Re: RE-CONEING SPEAKERS

I have a pair of 12 inch rockford fosgate car stereo speakers punch dvc can they be reconed and if so could you tell me how much. thanks adam

Gretch Acoustic - If anyone has ever seen a Gretch acoustic, please read this!! :^)

I bought a Gretch Acoustic about five years ago (I was told it was a 1961 when I bought it). It's a "jimmy rodgers singing guitar". I can't find any proof that Gretch ever even made acoustic guitars (except for the fact that I've got one of coarse...). I've got the serial number - can anyone help me find info on this guitar? Or at least show me a picture of another Gretch acoustic? Email me please...

Re: Gretch Acoustic - If anyone has ever seen a Gretch acoustic, please read this!! :^)

I've got a Dorado by Gretch 12 string acoustic which actually I'm trying to sell.

Re: Gretch Acoustic - If anyone has ever seen a Gretch acoustic, please read this!! :^)

i saw a Gretch tenor acoustic guitar in a local music shop for like 209.00 it was nice so id imagined that they were mass produced to be priced so low

i played one at guitar center today, it was okay

I also have a Gretch Dorado. I don't know the year it was made. I am thinking of selling it, though, and I would like to know what the market price is.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.