Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - March, 2001

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

John Frusciante

hey guys, the new John Frusciante album,
"to Record Only Water for Ten Days," is out.
It is beautiful. If any of y'all dont know
who John is, he happens to be the guitarist
for, arguably the all-time coolest rock And
funk band, the Red Hot chili Peppers. This
album is his third release as a solo artist.
It is probably the most accesible to virgin
ears, however, his other records are very,
very special too. If you are interested in
hearing what he's all about, you can go to the
house of blues online, and listen to 30 second
streaming audio clips here:
http://www.hob.com/live/cdpreviews/010206johnfrusciante
I highly recommend the album to anyone who feels
like it is finally time to get up off the floor
and start stretching those angel wings.
Make the pretend Real. Love & A LO HA, John e.

Re: John Frusciante

yoyo everyone john frusciante is the best that is what i want to say.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bye bye laterzzZzzZzzZzZzZZZZz

Hi!! I´m from Argentina. I want to tell you i love John and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I can´t stop listening´em. I love tehir music. And John is very good at singing, Don´t you think that ? I´ve liked all
songs of 'To record only water for ten days'. Well i
have to say good bye!
If you have intresting information please write me.
I will thank you.
bye!! SARA

John Frusciante

hey please...can somebody tell me where i can get the frusciante`s guitar tab for "your pussy glued...", please i need it urgently!!, i want a tab WITH THE ENDING SOLO FOR THIS SONG...please, if someone knows about it please send me amail to: plaura@alumnos.facea.uchile.cl (if u can send me the tab archive)....thanks

John Frusciante is the best guitar player in the world!!!!!! I have a website about JOhn...I'm waiting for you there!!!!
http://ascanbe.vila.bol.com.br
Bye!

A Correct Chord Chart

Hey, anyone out there know of a site that has a correct chord chart? I'm going through webpages now and coming across charts where the Open B chord is wrong. What is up with that?

Re: A Correct Chord Chart

What a bizarre thought....do you mean to say that they're telling you to play the chord wrong? Are you tuning your guitar conventionally, i.e. E, B, G, D, A, E High to Low? A regular B chord is played thusly: Use your index finger to bar at the 2nd fret, and fret the B, G and D strings on the 4th fret. It's like an A chord moved up two frets.

: Hey, anyone out there know of a site that has a correct chord chart? I'm going through webpages now and coming across charts where the Open B chord is wrong. What is up with that?

OK. I see what your saying exactly. Now check this site out. http://www.co-acoustic.com/chords/bpic.html
If you were a beginner and looking for a B chord and you find this, what would you think? Just in case im reading that wrong , if you were to bar the second fret, wouldn't the bar be shown like the Bm?

no, the open B chord is first string first fret, then second, third and fourth strings, third fret.

Joel

yeah your right. Did you go to that page and see what they had put on there as a b chord?

Ibanez Tremolo

I have an Ibanez RG270DX. I can't seem to keep the bar on the tremolo tailpiece from just swinging around. I have tried to tighten it, but it doesn't seem to work. This is a single-locking tailpiece with a locking nut. If anyone can help, it would be appreciated. - Thanks

Re: Ibanez Tremolo

Try a little plumbers tape on the threads.

Ummm, I sound like an asshole, but your best bet is a new trem.. sounds like yours is worn out. Is it the bar, or the trem bar cavity that is duff? a new bar may help but if you've whammied\screwed the internal grooved, you're up shit creek with no paddle. time for a new unit or a lot of tolerance.. the previous post is a good idea, but ive never tried it.. maybe detrimental to your guitar's health..

www.insaneguitar.net - best free shred lessons on the net

I'm 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999% positive you have a screw in type which means it will swing. If you tighten it too much you could do a great deal of damage to the threads on the bar and bridge. I like the plumbers tape idea. That could actually do the job put you'll have to replace that pretty often as you unscrew the bar. I seriously doubt you need a new one!

Man, i just have the same guitar RG270DX and I had the same problem, the diference is that I have bough and original floyd rose at floydrose.com, and now I work really good playing my guitar.

dsl 401

Just how loud is the dsl 401.
Would this amp cope with medium sized gigs.
Other guitarist has a jtm 60 2x12 can the dsl 401 compete.
anyone know good settings

cheers paul

learnin guitar

im learnin the guitar ..jus bought it..wots the best track to start off learnin

Re: learnin guitar

Get a good book, and a Don't Fret Note Map from dontfret.com and play until you have a guitar welt on your chest.

Peavey ultra 212 info

i want some opinions about this amp.
I Play mostly metal stuff and i want lots of gain and heavy distortion.
Could you recommend anything better?.... (i don't have money for mesa boogie)

Re: Peavey ultra 212 info

It's definitely a great amp! Wide range of sounds from clean to heavy distortion and everything in between. You can change between the clean/crunch and ultra (lead) channels by footswitch. The only dislike is the weight (71 pounds)

Fernandes Les Paul Junior

During the early-mid 80's,when Fernandes produced a superb range of Gibson replicas,They made a LP Junior
TV yellow double cut model.Are they still available or does anyone have any info on this guitar ?

Tokai love Rock LP Junior

Tokai recently released replica of Les Paul TV D/C Junior in UK.
Has anyone tried/seen one,how good are they ?

GFX-707 PROBLEM

Hey
i have a patch on my gfx 707 to come from no volume, with the pedal back, to full volume with the pedal front. the only problem is that this setting has been assigned to every volume controled patch. It seems i can only have one volume ratio (low-high). if anyone knows how to fix this please HELP!

Re: GFX-707 PROBLEM

: Hey
: i have a patch on my gfx 707 to come from no volume, with the pedal back, to full volume with the pedal front. the only problem is that this setting has been assigned to every volume controled patch. It seems i can only have one volume ratio (low-high). if anyone knows how to fix this please HELP!

hi
try recalibrate/readjust your expression pedal.
How? read the manual page 23 (adjusting the expression pedal section). I hope this will help.
good luck

IM GETTING ELECTROCUTED!!!

this happens to me and the other guitar player in my band. when we have our guitars plugged in and touch an amp i get a electric shock-not too painfull but a rattle nonetheless. i guess since it happens to both of us, its not the guitar-is it the mike, or is this normal?
thanx
bill

Re: IM GETTING ELECTROCUTED!!!

Sounds like you need to check to make sure you have a good ground for you wiring. Don't use any plug adapters or cheap extension cords.

: this happens to me and the other guitar player in my band. when we have our guitars plugged in and touch an amp i get a electric shock-not too painfull but a rattle nonetheless. i guess since it happens to both of us, its not the guitar-is it the mike, or is this normal?
: thanx
: bill

Brian may sound???

any one has any suggestion on how to get the brian may sound?? effects and guitars please... thanks for your help!

Re: Brian may sound???

: You need a Vox AC(15 or 30), a compressor, phaser and a single coil guitar(preferrably a brian may model guild). Then you'll be close. He also uses an english coin(sixpence?) to pick with. Remember, he overdubbed many tracks with slight eq tweaks to get those juicy tones.

Re: Brian may sound???

To get that May sound is easier than you think.
The most important aspects are in my opinion the Kent Armstrong Tri-sonic pickups and the treble booster. Any other single coil guitar used with the treble booster will get close but not exact. Brian's sound is a combination of things. The treble booster is key. If you wnat more info. email and I'll give you more details. You can also check out Brianmayworld.com

jumbo frets

I'm fairly new to guitar, and I've been playing tons of electrics in shops to find what I should buy. I've noticed on some guitars (many Jacksons for example) they have Jumbo frets. As you know, these frets are very tall and flat on top. If you push the string all the way to the board, it will sharp your note, so I assume that they're designed to just push down a little. It seems like if I learned on jumbo frets it would do me a service, because you could probably get the notes to flow easier as well as improved speed. Some people in the guitar shops critized them but never give good reasons - perhaps if they’ve played all their life with smaller frets, jumbo frets might seem cumbersome etc.
Anyway, what are the real pros and cons here? Is it purely subjective, or is there a general consensus among the wise/expierenced players out there on jumbo frets? (off topic: anyone know who sings a song that goes "I can see the red moon arisen"?...not CCR's Bad Moon) Thanks.

Re: jumbo frets

I think you hit on it. I Have been playing my strat for so long it would be difficult to change. Although,like a scalloped fretboard, I have heard that by not pressing all the way down on the fretboard, may cause tendonitius?? Or it may be just a story. Maybe someone has more info on this.

Stella re-issue

Does anybody know who is making these new Stella re-issues?

Re: Stella re-issue

:U can read about the stella reissue in the guitarplayer jan2001 issue (the edge cover)u can contact mbtinternational.com. I'm trying to get one 2, if u have extra info let me know.

guitartabs

I'm looking for a website with tabs of guitarsolos( esp. stairway to heaven?)

Re: guitartabs

: I'm looking for a website with tabs of guitarsolos( esp. Hotel California?)

Blues Traveler's NY Prophesie

Sorry for this shameless self promotion, but if there are any Blues Traveler fans on here you might be interested.

I recorded a cover version of BT's NY Prophesie, and you can download the .mp3 for it here:

http://home.earthlink.net/~guitarjoe/Dave_Heise-NY_Prophesie.mp3

Check it out if you want.

Washburn WD20S - What's it worth?

I have an opportunity to purchase a used Washburn model WD20S acoustic guitar. It plays great and is in "like new" condition. The seller want me to "make an offer" What's it worth

Re: Washburn WD20S - What's it worth?

List on the Washburn is said to be $629.00 and some store on the internet is selling it for around $440.00. I just bought one on the street for $150.00 though with a hard shell case.

cheap, fun effects

ive been playing for a month and i want some cheap fun effects to play with. i play a squier strat though a practice amp.

Re: cheap, fun effects

If your practice amp has distortion, try a chorus pedal. You should be able to pick up a new one under $50. Delay pedals are fun too, but a little more $

Re: cheap, fun effects

get a zoom gfx-707 (or im sure they have a new one out so u could check that out too). It is about 150 bucks and has some crazy effects, plus u can get settings for additional effects of the web.
stevo

New Guitar Lesson Store On Line Soon Opening!

Some very cool lessons are pffered in video as well as Tab books and CD. You'll find them at www.youcanplayguitar.net Store will be opening within 2 weeks. We are looking for all who wish to share links and do buisness.

New Guitar Lesson Store On Line Soon Opening!

Some very cool lessons are pffered in video as well as Tab books and CD. You'll find them at www.youcanplayguitar.net Store will be opening within 2 weeks. We are looking for all who wish to share links and do buisness.

Re: New Guitar Lesson Store On Line Soon Opening!

: Some very cool lessons are pffered in video as well as Tab books and CD. You'll find them at www.youcanplayguitar.net Store will be opening within 2 weeks. We are looking for all who wish to share links and do buisness.

Scince this message has been posted, we have moved to a new location at http://www.guitartabbooks.com
Visit our forum, music store, sheet music and book store, or just drop in daily to get free guitar lessons. A new lesson is posted each day.
We also offer video guitar lessons by Billboard top rated instructor Scott Morris.
www.youcanplayguitar.net will soon re-open with many new features.

New Lesson Store Online/New Band Makes CD

go to www.youcanplayguitar.net to find out what Billboard Magazine had to say about these new lesson videos, books and CDs. Also find out who is ChatterBox, Michigans hottest rock n roll act!

fret sizing

what's the difference between medium-jumbo and vintage frets? Do medium-jumbo frets make a guitar alot easier to play or what do they do?

please help me decide between two amps.

I'm into modern punk, and I need a new amp. I have $700 to spend. I was thinking about either a marshall vs102r($540) combo or a kustom trt50($400) all tube head and a 2x12($250) matching jenson cab. The trt50 isn't an old one from the 60's or 70's, it is part of a new line geared to modern music(I heard it sounds comparable to a jcm900). Which is better for my style of music? Oh yeah I almost forgot, I use a mij 69 reissue mustang(NO, I'M NOT INTO NIRVANA), and a roadhouse strat with a jb junior in the bridge.

Re: please help me decide between two amps.

You really can't go wrong with a Marshall, but here we go again, you need to try out the amps with YOUR guitar at the store and decide which one sounds the best for YOU, OR, Better yet, if you can buy one(or both)on a credit card and try it(them) out for a week with the stipulation you can bring it(them) back if you don't like it(them), you can test BOTH amps at home or gig this way & decide. I do it all the time when I'm not sure what I want.

me30 boss pedal

where can i download boss me30 instructions from?????

Re: me30 boss pedal

: where can i download boss me30 instructions from?????

italian lenguage?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.