Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - March, 2001

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: me30 boss pedal

: where can i download boss me30 instructions from?????

Re: me30 boss pedal

Is the ME30 worth the time, or should I switch to one of the many and vastly improved and cheaper competitors?
Competitors like Korg ax1500g, Digitech rp 300, Korg ax100g or zoom gfx 707 2?

IRON MAIDEN´S- GUITAR - SIGNED- -FOR SALE-

www.novomilenio.com/ironguitar

Gibson-guitar serial number

Is there anyone who knows if there is a guide for serial numbers on Gibson guitars on the Internet?

Re: Gibson-guitar serial number

Hi,

Go to the Gibson website. They have one. I have a book with serial #'s so I could possibly help you if you wish. Just list the number here and I'll try to help.

Jj

serial number : 81232033

hello
i hope i find some information off my gibson flying "V"

greatings chris from holland

Re: serial number : 81232033

: hello
: i hope i find some information off my gibson flying "V"

: greatings chris from holland

1982.. 123rd day of the year. 033rd instrument stamped that day. Probably Kalamazoo Factory.

As near as I can read the number. Hope that helps.

John W

Jj,

I read one of your postings indicating you have a Gibson serial number book....I'm trying to date my Les Paul Deluxe - S/N - 628576.

It should be between 1972 and 1974, but I can't tell from Gibson's PDF 'serial number' guide.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Martin

: Hi,

: Go to the Gibson website. They have one. I have a book with serial #'s so I could possibly help you if you wish. Just list the number here and I'll try to help.

: Jj

: whats the serial numbers of gibson les paul costum black beauty,introduced in 1954 ?

: Hi,

: Go to the Gibson website. They have one. I have a book with serial #'s so I could possibly help you if you wish. Just list the number here and I'll try to help.

: 02240655

Re: Gibson-guitar serial number - Custom L5

hey, I have a Gibson Custom L5, with the serial number 171644 on it. Any clue? I can't find anything on it anywhere. It looks pretty damn old though. Any help would be great. Email me at isubrett1161@yahoo.com Thanks so much!

Re: Gibson-guitar serial number mod SG N°102666

: Is there anyone who knows if there is a guide for serial numbers on Gibson guitars on the Internet?

birthdate ES165 HERB ELLIS thanks

: Is there anyone who knows if there is a guide for serial numbers on Gibson guitars on the Internet?

: : Is there anyone who knows if there is a guide for serial numbers on Gibson guitars on the Internet?

go here:http://www.gibson.com/downloads/bluebook/GibsonSERIALNUMBERS.pdf

Re: Washburn-guitar serial number

Serial number 146519
Model D-10A "TR"

Re: Washburn-guitar serial number

: Is there anyone who knows if there is a guide for serial numbers on Washburn guitars on the Internet?

Serial number 146519
Model D-10A "TR"

: Is there anyone who knows if there is a guide for serial numbers on Gibson guitars on the Internet? I need to know how much this guitar is worth the serial number is 6890662. It is a nouveau made by gidson the model number is nv 185 Thanks

guitar identification

Hi!I'm looki,g for people who can help me with info about:
Italian brands of guitars:Melody;Ariston(e);E-Ros(Flli.Fuselli);Eko;..
Amplifier brands :Steelphone(Italia);Garen(France);Dynacord(Germany);Schaller(Germany);...
to complete my files(125 guitars and 40 amp's)
Thanks !

steelphon or steelphone

you write steelphon without an "e" at the end! more input i can't give 'cause i'm looking for it myself! bye!

ampli schematic

: Hi!I'm looki,g for people who can help me with info about:
: Italian brands of guitars ampli
steelphone mod no name sig...
use 4 tube in final stadio...
escume for my inglisc...
David
poet repli a : pluto.70@libero.it

ampli identification

: ampli steelphone schematic the ampli use 4 tube in final stage x 50-60 W power.
made in year 1960-1970
please repli schematic a : pluto.70@libro.it
: Thanks !
scusmy for indecent inglis

Re: guitar identification

: Italian brands of guitars:Melody;Ariston(e);E-Ros(Flli.Fuselli);Eko;..
: Amplifier brands :Steelphone(Italia);Garen(France);Dynacord(Germany);Schaller(Germany);...
: to complete my files(125 guitars and 40 amp's)

I own an acoustic 12string E-ros Nevada guitar but I don't have any info on it.

: Italian brands of guitars:Melody;Ariston(e);E-Ros(Flli.Fuselli);Eko;..
: Amplifier brands :Steelphone(Italia);Garen(France);Dynacord(Germany);Schaller(Germany);...
: to complete my files(125 guitars and 40 amp's)

I'm italian and I've got an amplifier Gloster(steelphone), and an EKO acoustic guitar (12 cords)
Every thing you want to know you can write me!!

Hi folks !
opened my "lordbizarre's electric guitar and amp museum" !(already 175 guitars and 50 amp's !)therefor still looking for info about E-Ros guitars and Steelphon amp's and last but not least "NoNames" from Japan.Also need info about "RANGER" brand(an ORANGE kloon)
thanks ! (& look at...)
http://www.lordbizarre.com

help

im looking for a way to tranfer cakewalk projects to digital performer or protools projects , or even a copy of protools for pc

Please help me find a good used telecaster

I am a begginer, and I am looking at purchasing a used telecaster. I am going off to college in less than a year and budget is fairly tight, but i would like to find a good used tele and a good smaller amp. I only have 400 to spend total. I was wondering if any of you had any ideas on what kind of amp i should get or where i could find a good deal on a used or new tele and amp? I would really appreciate any help that you could give me. Thank you

~~~~~Lance

Re: Please help me find a good used telecaster

IF YOU WANT A TELE, WHY NOT TRY A SONY

Re: Please help me find a good used telecaster

That was the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life...Why don't you go back to assraping your cat.

how do u guys think of band names

i know this probably sounds stupid, but how do u guys think of band names, we just cant seem to find the perfect one.

how do u guys think of band names

i know this probably sounds stupid, but how do u guys think of band names, we just cant seem to find the perfect one.

Re: how do u guys think of band names

I got the same problem. We had the idea of using an anagram. that's when you take a word and mix around the letters to get a differnet word.

: Everyone in my band is an admitted alcoholic and some have even been to rehab. So we called ourselves Step 13, after a the twelve steps where do you go?
Step 13, start drinking again.
Try something that's cool within the band and easy to remember. Oh and don't include anything the critics can use against you easily. Like for example, there's a band called Zero Hour in my town. They are pretty bad and a reviewer used zero to describe the bands' talent, their chances for stardom and the number of good songs they had. Don't make it easy(LOL!!!)

:how do you know what word to pick?

do like a band i know (OKOUME) ...they opened the dictionary and randomly pointed a word

okoume is a kind of tree???? go figure

pick something that you like, and that characterizes your music, with disregard to what anyone says, because the public doesnt understand, and will never. they just want to sing along like the mindless drones that they are. youre the artist, youre in control. they will like whatever you tell them to like.

we need a name!!!!

yeh yhe....umm we need a name
hehe we play.......punk, rock, grunge, and easy rock
influences: blink 182, ska music, foo fighters, stone temple pikots, metallica, homegrown
shihad, etc etc.........pleeeeeeease help!!!!!!!!!

thankyou so much
- nick and his band!

STRATACOUSTIC AND TELEACOUSTIC CAN THEY WORK ON A ELECTRIC AMP OR DO YOU NEED TO BUY A ACOUSTIC AMP

do you know if you can hook a telecoustic or a stratocustic on a eletric amp?

McDoodle

Re: STRATACOUSTIC AND TELEACOUSTIC CAN THEY WORK ON A ELECTRIC AMP OR DO YOU NEED TO BUY A ACOUSTIC

no problem just watch the feed back when you get close tothe amp

: do you know if you can hook a telecoustic or a stratocustic on a eletric amp?

: McDoodle

Re: STRATACOUSTIC AND TELEACOUSTIC CAN THEY WORK ON A ELECTRIC AMP OR DO YOU NEED TO BUY A ACOUSTIC

: no problem just watch the feed back when you get close tothe amp

: : do you know if you can hook a telecoustic or a stratocustic on a eletric amp?

: : i have a teleacoustic and it works just fine on an electric amp(i use it on my 200watt marshall sg30

Tuner machines for old student guitar

Anybody know where i can find replacement simple 3 on a pole tuners for an old Silvertone (or similar) student guitar?
Thanks

Burns Baldwin Bass

Greetings, looking for original wiring diagram for 1966 Burns Baldwin Bass...can anyone help ?
Thanks

Re: Burns Baldwin Bass

: Greetings, looking for original wiring diagram for 1966 Burns Baldwin Bass...can anyone help ?
: Thanks
Steve, I have a 64 Burns of london Jazz Bass I could crack it open if you need?

Re: Burns Baldwin Bass

Hey Steve,

I too am in need of that 66 Baldwin bass wirering diagram did you ever find it? if so could you pass it on to me ,cuz I got somebody to re-do my bass and they couldn't make heads or tales regarding the effects switches (mad dog,contra bass ,bass treble)
also where can a guy find tuning pegs I'm missing 2

peace

Roberto

p.s. I've noticed that re-issues burns marquee are going for $1200.00 what would you appraise your axe for mine's a bit beat up but it has all the original hardware minus the pegs, sounds great though.

Good guitar(or amp) repair in the Bay Area...?

I am looking for someone to install a reverb unit in my Marshall head,100 watt super lead. Any leads out there? Also maybe someone that works on guitars. Hard to find someone good out there!

Re: Good guitar(or amp) repair in the Bay Area...?

The guys at Spitzer Music in Concord recommended someone to me, and I referred a friend who ended up extremely satisfied with the guy's work. So... Call Spitzer Music in Concord and ask them for the name of the person they generally recommend. I no longer have the info.

: I am looking for someone to install a reverb unit in my Marshall head,100 watt super lead. Any leads out there? Also maybe someone that works on guitars. Hard to find someone good out there!

Re: Good guitar(or amp) repair in the Bay Area...?

: I am looking for someone to install a reverb unit in my Marshall head,100 watt super lead. Any leads out there? Also maybe someone that works on guitars. Hard to find someone good out there!

Skip Simmons is the Northern California amp master! www.skipsimmonsamps.com 707-678-5705 He has worked on almost every amp that exists. Best regards

NEW!!!

heya...
im new here...
i need some ppl who plays guitar to goto my forum.. and make my comunity alive..
not spamming though.. this is a friendly invitation...
http://forum.immortal-megaprice.com

in the guitar section..
post tabs and watever there also

thanks

Question

To All:

I have a 25 year old accoustic steel string guitar, a Conrad. My question is that: the surface of the guitar behind the bridge is not, or no longer, perfectly flat (not in plane with the guitar top). It almost looks like the bridge is pulling the top of the guitar toward the nut, like maybe from the string tension over the years has separated the top from the inner supports. Any thoughts on what it is, or how much it will cost to repair? Thanks to All

Re: Answer

: Sounds like your bridge is definitely pulling up. I had a 3/4 Elgar that was awesome but when the bridge pulled up it was unrepairable. maybe yours is better off, but once that happens, unless you are talking investment grade Martin or your desert island axe, kiss it up God and get somethin' else.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.