Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - September, 2001

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: used acoustic/electric guitars

How much would a used-acoustic guitar cost?

I would shop around a bit. $1,000 is a lot for a used Takamine. Clarko's right,Don't worry about the electronics, either it works or it doesn't. Check some new guitars out. Gibson, Guild, Martin are all making some pretty good guitars in your price range.

I'VE GOT A 1999 LIMITED EDITION TAKAMINE. IT LOOKS BEAUTIFUL... PLAYS BEAUTIFIL.... SOUNDS GREAT...
THE ONLY DRAWBACK I HAVE FOUND WITH IT IS THAT IT GOES THROUGH BATTERIES
LIKE CRAZY ( NORMALLY FOUR HOURS OF CONSTANT PLAYING AND YOU HAVE TO
REPLACE THEM SO HAVE LOTS OF SPARES !! )

: this is my first post, but i have a question about used guitars. i'm considering buying a used takamine limited edition '00 guitar for $999. i really like the feel and play of the guitar, but my father is worried that the electronics on a used guitar might fail on me.

: so, does anyone here have any experience (good or bad)with used guitars? or better yet, with takamine a/e guitars? thanks in advance...

CGEGCE tuning

Can anyone tell me how to tune my guitar on CGEGCE??
i can do everything except the 4th string on E
thanks

Re: CGEGCE tuning

: Can anyone tell me how to tune my guitar on CGEGCE??
: i can do everything except the 4th string on E
: thanks

Well, you should can. ¿Have you got an acoustic, a hardtail system, a floyd? ¿What string gauges do you use? Don't be scared if you feel the tension is excesive, the guitar should support it easily and the string won't blow away. Anyway, try using another 3rd as a 4th, maybe a 3rd of a higher gauge to equal tensions. (It's just an idea)

Tanglewood guitars- esp Pioneers

Hi to everyone i'd just like to say that i have a Tanglewood Pioneer and it is wonderful- amazing looking, gorgeous sound. If you have one too please contact me, i'd be really interested to know what you think. PS the laminate on the neck has cracked badly, much to my dismay. I can't understand how this has happened- i dont throw the guitar at people or anything like that! Any comments? :)

Re: Tanglewood guitars- esp Pioneers

Congrats on a great guitar!
Where on the neck is the laminate cracked? If it's on the joint where body meets neck you may have to adjust the truss rod. Have you changed string sizes or anything else like that lately?

Thanks for the hint. The crack opened up 2 months after i had had the guitar and i had not fitted any new strings. The crack is exactly where the neck meets the body and has unfortunatly extended around the laminate to the edges of the fretboard. I understand that this type of crack is often found in Epiphone Gibsons, etc.

Great guitar isn't it? have you got the I or II model? The truss rod seems likely could be a crap set up by the shop you got it from. You don't take it out into the cold a lot and then bring it into a warm room do you?
I've got the pioneer II - not my favourite guitar in the world ever (but that's the Parker Fly deluxe) but still very good for £200 ($300)!
Enjoy!!

Hey all! I'm looking for a new guitar and was recommended a tanglewood but i have never played any. which do you think are there best ones

Tuning Pegs

Can someone please tell me which Tuning Pegs connect to each string of the guitar

Re: Tuning Pegs

: Can someone please tell me which Tuning Pegs connect to each string of the guitar

This is the diagram:

3ºG 2ºB 1ºE
----------------+ (Fingerboard) ----->
4ºD 5ªA 6ºE

Is this what you need?

Introducing me

Hello,
I am a beginner in learning guitar and
as a beginner I have lots of doubts in
this subject.

Re: Introducing me

: Hello,
: I am a beginner in learning guitar and
: as a beginner I have lots of doubts in
: this subject.

Well, you can e-mail me, I'll respond any question if I can do it.
send e-mail to: artaud_cf@yahoo.com

Re: Introducing me

what sort of stuff do you want to know? i play electric and acoustic, which do you play? i'm quite familiar with both. my email is georgibreeze@aol.com if you want to ask me anything

Accoustic Guitar Effects

I need an accoustic guitar effects unit. I play Celtic Folk .... i have three guitars and really need a unit to balance the sounds, brighten my finger picking and warm up the strumming and provide a preamp for the one guitar that hasn't got a battery. Echoes and reverbs and chorus' etc would be nice .... but no distortion or O/D necessary ...... Got any advice? Please help

Re: Accoustic Guitar Effects

Your best bet is to check out www.musiciansfriend.com.

my guitar playing

i know you all think i cant play, so as a special treat, if you give me your email address, i will send you an mp3 of my playing. i am not crap, i am god

Re: my guitar playing

: i know you all think i cant play, so as a special treat, if you give me your email address, i will send you an mp3 of my playing. i am not crap, i am god
please send me your mp3; I play too, and I wanna hear your play; with best regards bj

Long life strings?

hey guys,
What electric guitar strings have the longest life? I swear I am sick of ernie ball and blue steel, I have been using them forever and they just cant withstand my whammy bar and sweeps. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Re: Long life strings?

This is pretty much a loaded question, because everyone has their own opinion. I'd have to say D'Addiro's handle the most abuse, but tend to go dead long before they snap. Still, it's easier to finish a gig with dead strings than to have to change one onstage...

I've found that Elixer's are the absulute best when it comes to tone and long life. They are a bit expensive though, they list for about $26 a set. But, aside from the price, these are the best I've played ever. Mine last around four to five months, and I play alot! The tone is the same for the life of the string, bright and well-rounded thanks to the polyweb coating on the wound strings. I'm sure they can easily last longer than four or five months but I like to change my strings regularly. I highly recommend that you check these out.

I tend to play hard and have found I like the DR tite-fit strings to handle pretty well, but I still have t change them once a week.

: hey guys,
: What electric guitar strings have the longest life? I swear I am sick of ernie ball and blue steel, I have been using them forever and they just cant withstand my whammy bar and sweeps. Any ideas?

: Thanks!

Try Pyramids, best quality Nickel there is, you cant find them in stores, go to juststrings,com, about 11 bucks a set but last much longer than anything I tried, and sound better than Elixirs, theres no plastic coating. They've been around in Europe many years, the Beatles used them in the early days. They are very flexible, so if you use 10's, I would go to 11's. Will never go back to anything else.

Dude.AS far as I'm concerned,D'Addrio's are the industry standards.Most pro guys I know use them.
Good Luck

Re: Correction

D'Addario!

Poruka

Dragi Faruk,
Svidja li Ti se ona maca

Les Paul Deluxe

Can anyone tell me how old my Les Paul Deluxe is serial# 82040590..i would aprecciate it thanx

Re: Les Paul Deluxe

I think it is the first and 5th number that dictates the year. If so that would make your les paul 1980. I hope ive been of some help

Thanx Tom thats a great help as I was told it could be 1980...Cheers ...STEVE:)

no probs mate, it sounds like you have a realy nice guitar there !!! enjoy it

We have a guitar Les Paul Deluxe. Its been estimated to be a 1975 but the serial numbers are 99224688
....I know its older than a 94 ( if I used the 1st and 5th number to get the date. Anyone have any IDEAS?

Hi i'm Andrea from italy... Your guitar is a 1975 lpd because in that year gibson used '99' prefix and then other 6 numbers. In the 1976 gibson used '00' prefix. In the 1977 gibson used '01' prefix. The serialization method that they use today (the 1st and 5th number to get the date) started in the 1978. bye

christian guitarist

anyone out there who r playing for church..perhaps we can share some insights, encouragement or a ministry tip or two...

Re: christian guitarist

hey! I played for a church twice. I decided that wasnt what God would have me do with my talent.
i have been in a christian metal band for the last 4 years and quit last summer. I am now working on a solo cd tthats mixed of praise and worship stuff redone and originals as well as about 5 steve vai-ish instrumental lead stuff.

drop me a line and we can chat.

peace and blessings, bro

scott

vwall1@yahoo.com

: anyone out there who r playing for church..perhaps we can share some insights, encouragement or a ministry tip or two...

Re: christian guitarist

I'm a Christian guitarist too, dude! I'm not very good, havn't been playing for too long, but I'm trying to praise the Lord in every way possible. Keep it up man, God bless ya.

1983 Fender Stratocaster Elite Tremolo Arm.

I broke my tremolo arm and cannot find one anywhere.

This is special all chrome, pop-in, with two guide pins. I would like to buy a replacement part.

First Electric Guitar~Tradition T10

I am buying an electric guitar for my husband as a surprise. Can anyone tell me if the Tradition T10 guitars are ok? Thanks. Also looking at A Yamaha PAC112.

Re: First Electric Guitar~Tradition T10

I've never heard of Tradition, but I know that Yamaha makes pretty good guitars and their customer support is excellent. From a musicians standpoint I still believe a good acoustic is the best to learn on if he's never played before.

Pre-Amping Marshalls

I own a 100-watt super lead from 1979. I am currently using a Sans Amp Tech 21 pedal for distortion but would like to know if there is any other popular ways to get distortion out of it, and maybe even some reverb. Thank You

Re: Pre-Amping Marshalls

Use your word search an see if Mike Metz from Thesis Audio is online. He should still be at Garten's Music in Wichita Kansas. The guy thoroughly understands Marshalls. I occasionaly use a Original 60's model 59 that he did a front end mod job on,, it kicks! He uses a ready made kit,,fromwhere,, I dunno
Good luck, Maxz

shout out to blues and jazz players!

Hi blues and jazz players, I just found this site and wanted to say hello. I play fingerstyle 6 and 7 string and would love to connect with anyone into that kind of stuff.

Scott Foster
<a href="http://mp3.com/scottfoster">sound files - check 'em out!</a>

early 70's Gibson SG & L.P.

Tryin to help a friend of mines widow, wanna give her a fair price for A L.P. 3-pc. natural maple top, non original P.Ups, non original tuners & tuneable tail. Also A single P.Up cherry red Sg of same era, with vibrola T. Piece removed an badass bridge. With grovers.
Thanks
D. McD. dzyzzup@terraworld.net

I need a brain for my fender twin reverb, please help

Would anyone know where I could find the head of any fender twin reverb. I need the chassis only with all of the guts. I have the box with speakers but no brains. If anyone could help me, I would really appreciate it. Thanx, will

Re: I need a brain for my fender twin reverb, please help

: Would anyone know where I could find the head of any fender twin reverb. I need the chassis only with all of the guts. I have the box with speakers but no brains. If anyone could help me, I would really appreciate it. Thanx, will

Re: I need a brain for my fender twin reverb, please help

I would definitely check on ebay, i'm sure you already have, but they have everything to anything

Grover tuners WWII era

hey! I have a full set of Gold Grover 3 per side tuners for sale. These are the Paten Pending Grovers. I beleive the circa was pre WWII (world war 2)
I am taking SERIOUS offers! These things are as rare as they come. The pioneer of guitar tuners!@ TYhe first in its class ever made!

let me know! I have alot of references!

thanks everyone!

Peace and Blessings!!

Re: Grover tuners WWII era

I am looking for vintage Grover Imperials in gold they are a little smaller than the new Imperials
If these are what you have please get back to me.Thanks

i need patches for zoom gfx4 HELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP

Please, i need patches for zoom gfx4 HELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP

AX100 G Korg

I was just wondering about the related software.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2022 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.