Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - April, 2002

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

DLS chorus one of the best kept secrets

I found the DLS chorus to be very versital and great sounding, plus 2 channels to preset, a delay adjust, and stereo. The buffered version is bright and full (it was also $20 less at musictoyz). www.dlseffects.com

Re: DLS chorus one of the best kept secrets

:
: I found the DLS chorus to be very testical and great sounding, plus 2 channels to preset, a delay adjust, and stereo. The buffered version is bright and full shit (it was also $20 less at musictoyz). blow me

Patty Griffin's '1000 Kisses'

just thought i'd share this here,.. Patty Griffin's newest release on ATO Records (founded by Dave Matthews) is now available for preorder.
http://stores.musictoday.com/pattygriffinpreorder
you can win a signed guitar or a cd. you can hear some of the tracks on the ATO site. great stuff!

p

Ibanez with Piezo sounds like what ?????

???? some say its a strange clean , other say its a sitar ......

Boss VS Digitech

What´s the best ?

What´s the best processor ?????

Digitech 2120 or Boss GT ? Or maybe other ???????

Re: What´s the best processor ?????

My personal preference is the Digitech 2120.

: Digitech 2120 or Boss GT ? Or maybe other ???????

Thank you very much !!!!!

Even for metal ?

Re: Thank you very much !!!!!

: Even for metal ? I like the Korg ax1500. HAS SOME GREAT FEATURES AND IS USER FRIENDLY. Hey go to www.bdkmusic and check it out. hope this helps, Dave

Re:secondhand digitech 2120

: Does anyone know where I can buy a secondhand digitech 2120 with foot controller?!!

fender american series stratocaster for lady beginner? Any other suggestions?

Is fender american series stratocaster for lady beginner? I am totally new to play guitar and my hand size is medium for a girl. I like to buy a fender american series stratocaster($840)and I goal is play some blue, jazz,sofe rock...not very heavy stuff( at this point). I have no friend can play guitar, so please help if you could.
Is it a right choice? Is it a farely good guitar?
Another model better for me?

Re: fender american series stratocaster for lady beginner? Any other suggestions?

Great choice!!! Quality guitar, very easy to play. Good luck in your venture. Another guitar site for playing tips/tricks www.guitar.com go into the discussion groups.

Re: fender american series stratocaster for lady beginner? Any other suggestions?

: Is fender american series stratocaster for lady beginner? I am totally new to play guitar and my hand size is medium for a girl. I like to buy a fender american series stratocaster($840)and I goal is play some blue, jazz,sofe rock...not very heavy stuff( at this point). I have no friend can play guitar, so please help if you could.
: Is it a right choice? Is it a farely good guitar?
: Another model better for me?

The Fender American series are amazing guitars:

The best in the world ; they compete with all Fenders, Gibsons..... In my view, along with Hendrix, Clapton, Gallagher, Vaughan, along with countless others, they are the best.

Ive Seen a Lady Stratocaster:

www.illuminocity.com/wright002.asp

Takamine EF381M

Takamine EF381M

This popular thread has been given its own page : Takamine EF381M

Brand and gauge of strings used by Eric Clapton on Fender Stratocaster

Who could inform me on the Brand and gauge of strings used by Eric Clapton on his Fender Stratocaster ?

Thanks and regards JP

Re: Brand and gauge of strings used by Eric Clapton on Fender Stratocaster

: Who could inform me on the Brand and gauge of strings used by Eric Clapton on his Fender Stratocaster ?

: Thanks and regards JP

I have just bought a clapton strat and Fender fit super bullet 10's to it as standard.

The man (Eric) has Ernie Ball regular slinky 10's fitted to his strat.

Hope this helps.

SOM

Exchange Sheet Music (Metal or other)

If someone want to exchange with me Sheet Music, send me a E-mail

Dann Huff

Im looking for the Dann Huff instructional video. Can anybody help me?

Re: Dann Huff

: Im looking for the Dann Huff instructional video. Can anybody help me?
..............IT'S ON HIP VIDEO.......DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE YOU CAN BUY IT???????

Re: Dann Huff video

: : Im looking for the Dann Huff instructional video. Can anybody help me?
: ..............IT'S ON HIP VIDEO.......DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE YOU CAN BUY IT???????

I bought mine from a guy on ebay. It is a copy from the original.

Re: Dann Huff

IF YOU FIND A COPY I WILL BUY A DUPLICATE FROM YOU!! THANKS!!

: : Im looking for the Dann Huff instructional video. Can anybody help me?
: ..............IT'S ON HIP VIDEO.......DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE YOU CAN BUY IT???????

I would love to get a copy

: IF YOU FIND A COPY I WILL BUY A DUPLICATE FROM YOU!! THANKS!!

: : : Im looking for the Dann Huff instructional video. Can anybody help me?
: : ..............IT'S ON HIP VIDEO.......DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE YOU CAN BUY IT???????

MESA/BOGIE GEAR WANTED!!!

i am looking for the mesas\boogie
Triaxis preamp (v1 or 2) and the simul 2:90 power amp
please email me
ziv_tamari@yahoo.com

thanx
ziv

Re: MESA/BOGIE GEAR WANTED!!!

hi im selling a mesa boogie version 2.0 triaxis can only ship in the uk £1000 + p+p b4 25th august 2002
£1200 after please email me thewallbmf@hotmail.com

looking for Eaton Commander

I am looking for a guitar called the "Commander",which was sold in Canada by the T.Eaton Co. from the early 40's to the mid Fifties.The one I am looking for is a large arch top guitar.

Re: looking for Eaton Commander

: I am looking for a guitar called the "Commander",which was sold in Canada by the T.Eaton Co. from the early 40's to the mid Fifties.The one I am looking for is a large arch top guitar.
I'm still looking guys. Anyone have a lead on one of these?

My Dad had one bought in 1949 and it burned up in a house fire in 1970.I'd like to find him another one.

commander

I have one of these guitars. it is a sunburst with f holes and an armond pickup. jazzy

I have one that I might consider selling it is an
F-hole Commander I don't know wether it's the large one I would think it is I can get you photos if you want.
: I am looking for a guitar called the "Commander",which was sold in Canada by the T.Eaton Co. from the early 40's to the mid Fifties.The one I am looking for is a large arch top guitar.

I have one email me if you are interested

12 string guitar

I have a contessa molde hg-g85 71191 i can't give the rest of the no. i would like to get some history on it.
i though it was maed in west germany.buy hohner.and i would like to know what it cost.

Re: 12 string guitar

: I have a contessa molde hg-g85 71191 i can't give the rest of the no. i would like to get some history on it.
: i though it was maed in west germany.buy hohner.and i would like to know what it cost. elcrow2@excite.com

IBANEZ RG170 guitar Jewel Blue

I have an ibanez in great condition. I'm in NY. It is 2 years old and was only used for 6 months a couple of times a week. If anyone is interested let me know. (email) Thank you

Re: IBANEZ RG170 guitar Jewel Blue

RG170 for sale, brand new
$227.99

Peavey Raptor Plus and Rage 158

Hi,
I am new to guitar, and i would like to buy the Peavey Raptor Plus electric guitar packaged with Peavey Rage 158 amp. Need some advice, whether to go ahead or not?

Re: Peavey Raptor Plus and Rage 158

: Hi,
: I am new to guitar, and i would like to buy the Peavey Raptor Plus electric guitar packaged with Peavey Rage 158 amp. Need some advice, whether to go ahead or not?

Re: Peavey Raptor Plus and Rage 158

haven't played a plus, but I'll tell you this: a Raptor one is an AWESOME guitar for it's price and a Raptor Plus is probably better. : : Hi,
: : I am new to guitar, and i would like to buy the Peavey Raptor Plus electric guitar packaged with Peavey Rage 158 amp. Need some advice, whether to go ahead or not?

fender twin reverb

my trusty fender twin reverb has suddenly begun to pick up radio stations as soon as i turn it on and its driving me nuts. shitty pop station too... i have tried changing locations to no no avail. Any suggestions out there?

Left handed Guitars

I have a guitar at home and figured i could play it left handed if i simply turned the strings around. However, the grooves where the strings go through were too thin for the thick string. I know that sounds confusing but WHAT DO YOU DO IF ARE LEFT HANDED, ARE THERE ANY LEFT HANDED GUITARS!

Thanks J

Re: Left handed Guitars

: I have a guitar at home and figured i could play it left handed if i simply turned the strings around. However, the grooves where the strings go through were too thin for the thick string. I know that sounds confusing but WHAT DO YOU DO IF ARE LEFT HANDED, ARE THERE ANY LEFT HANDED GUITARS!

: Thanks J

J

There are left-handed guitars out there but they can be hard to come by. Some manufactures make factory left-handed models (Gibson, Fender, Epiphone, Cort, Jackson etc.) but generally selection with regards to models and colors are extremely limited. The price is generally 5 to 15 % higher as well. Other manufactures will make left-handed versions of some of their models as "customs" at a premium price. Used left-handed guitars are available at many online sites and music stores. It is possible to convert right-handed guitars to left-handed but it is not as simple as turning around the strings. Some brands (ie Fender) are easier to convert than others (ie Gibson). Some music stores/repair shops will do these adjustments for you at a price. Also printed instructions on how to convert some guitars is available on the internet.

Good luck,

MJ

i suggest u take it down to ur local guitar shop and ask them if they will turn it left handed for u and they will put a left handed bridge on it and u can den play it left handed and it shudnt cost more dan 15 quid k

: I have been playing since 78 and my first guitar was a 3/4 size pawn shop special that I changed the strings around. It was junk. I bought a cheap left handed LP copy by Hondo and played it for about A year. I now have a standard US strat and I am going to buy a left handed Les Paul for $3000. So you can spend as much as you want. But if you go to the internet you will find loads of lefties. There is a guy in Houston Texas (i live in Waco Tx) that sell left handed guitars, the name of the shopp is Southpaw Guitars of Texas http://www.southpaw.net check out his web site or call him and ask him about lefties. One of the benefits of playing left handed is that NOBODY wants to pick up your ax. Good luck. Bob

: I have a guitar at home and figured i could play it left handed if i simply turned the strings around. However, the grooves where the strings go through were too thin for the thick string. I know that sounds confusing but WHAT DO YOU DO IF ARE LEFT HANDED, ARE THERE ANY LEFT HANDED GUITARS!

: : Thanks J

: J

: There are left-handed guitars out there but they can be hard to come by. Some manufactures make factory left-handed models (Gibson, Fender, Epiphone, Cort, Jackson etc.) but generally selection with regards to models and colors are extremely limited. The price is generally 5 to 15 % higher as well. Other manufactures will make left-handed versions of some of their models as "customs" at a premium price. Used left-handed guitars are available at many online sites and music stores. It is possible to convert right-handed guitars to left-handed but it is not as simple as turning around the strings. Some brands (ie Fender) are easier to convert than others (ie Gibson). Some music stores/repair shops will do these adjustments for you at a price. Also printed instructions on how to convert some guitars is available on the internet.

: Good luck,

: MJ

THE ANSWER TO YOUR CALLS

GOOD GOD! YOU STUPID LITTLE SHITS, OF COURSE THERE ARE LEFTY GUITARS, I JUST BOUGHT ONE. oSAMA BIN LADEN RULEZ..... fUCK JEWS... arabs RULE, KUS OMAK YA IBN ELL KHARA

THE ULTIMATE GIG BAG

Hey man the best gig bag in the world is waiting for you. www.bdkmusic.com. Get a SAK

Anyone know how to reset a Floyd Rose Tremelo?

I just picked up a Fender Deluxe Fat Strat, and it's my first guitar with a Floyd Rose, and I wasn't aware that taking all the strings off at once would make it pop up. It's in the position that it would be if the whammy bar were all the way down. I went to a Sam Ash and they wanted to charge like $60 to do it, and it would take a week for them to get around to it. If anyone here knows how to do it, I'd really appreciate it if you helped me out. Thanks a lot.

guitar effects

buy the boss GT-6. For the money, it is the best sounding, most versitale and extensive floor effects around. I have been using mine for about 8 months now.

hobastank -effects

I have one for you guitar philes out there. In the song, crawling in the dark, exactly how does the hobastank guitariest get the actual sound he gets, that is, what is the exact (or close)effect combination> I can play what he is doing but I can't get the exact sound, or at least close enough that I am happy with it. I am playing seymour duncan humbuckers with a boss GT-6 through a fender princeston chorus. Sound like light phase with a certain type of delay or delay gate, listen to it, any ideas?

acoustic covers

Gimmie some stuff to talk about in an assignment about covering songs on acoustic guitar, like techniques, uses, and the concepts of music i.e dynamics, duration etc

Who the hell does Frank Marino think he is?

I just read an interview with him today. He was bashing Ted Nugent, SRV, Aerosmith, and many others. I smell jealousy. I like your work Frank, but nobody wants to hear the rant of a bitter old man. He spends most of the interview bitching about being compared to Hendrix. I will never buy another Frank Marino cd.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.