Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - April, 2002

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

how boring can this site get """"" its crap!!!

hate from Bob

It's the trolls that bore me......

And you are putting me to sleep... why aren't you trolling at the larger sites ??? not good enough yet to get noticed on them and compete with the big boys ??? ohhh well, troll away here little boy.

: hate from Bob

Re: how boring can this site get

Bob. Are you the guy who spells his name backwards?

tab to Brandon Lee's solo?

This popular thread has been given its own page : tab to Brandon Lee's solo?

This popular thread has been given its own page : tab to Brandon Lee's solo?

Fender cybertwin

Hello im from sweden and i have got an fender cybertwin, my question is if anybody of u outthere know any www.page that gives examples of how to set the sounds on the different amplifiers and fx on the cybertwin. To, for example, sound like Jimi Hendrix in voodo chile etc. U have to x-cuse my bad english:) Every answer will be happily consider. Maybe its another cyberowner outthere that can give me tips.

Re: Fender cybertwin

Hi,

i am also searching sounds for the cybertwin. Can you give me any informations?

: Hello im from sweden and i have got an fender cybertwin, my question is if anybody of u outthere know any www.page that gives examples of how to set the sounds on the different amplifiers and fx on the cybertwin. To, for example, sound like Jimi Hendrix in voodo chile etc. U have to x-cuse my bad english:) Every answer will be happily consider. Maybe its another cyberowner outthere that can give me tips.

Re: Fender cybertwin

Hello sweden. Check out patchwizard.com for all the settings you will ever need to sound like your heros. I just got my cybertwin head it is very neat. There is one tiny problem however what if you dont wont to sound like your favorite guitarist. I will keep you posted on how I get through this dilemma of forging my own identity with this new piece of gear. I do remain hopeful. Any suggestions?

mess of preamps...

I'm trying to get my new configuration for my gear since i've bought my new H&K tube 100 head. I would be very happy if i could use the amp's FX loop (I can bypass and mix it completely from the amp)connecting my zoom gfx-8 in it but putting together the 2 preamps noises and feedbacks cover everything. Is there a way I cannot see? Please help me...
If I had a gfx-4,could i solve this problem using the active-passive switch?
The connection I'm trying to obtain is:

_guitar
_tube amp input
_fx loop send
_gfx input
_gfx mono out
_fx loop return.

it's simple.no other stuff for the moment.but also the head's manual says that effect processors featuring integrated preamps do not allow direct access to the fx loop,since the signal actually runs through 2 preamps.
IS THIS WRONG?HAS THE GFX-8 AN INTEGRATED PREAMP?IS THIS THE PROBLEM?CAN THE GFX-4 SOLVE THIS PROBLEM WITH THE ACTIVE-NORMAL SWITCH?
Please answer me cause i'm going crazy...
thanks a lot...

gibson sonex

gibson sonex

This popular thread has been given its own page : gibson sonex

marshall jcm channel switchin'

I wanna buy a marshall jcm 800 2203 or 2204. They have great tone, but only one channel. so can i stick an A/B box on it, ya know one line in high gain and one in low? I'm pretty sure thats what metallica did on the ride the lightning album? is that possible?

Re: marshall jcm channel switchin'

I've got a 2204; the best option I've found (since I hate the sound an overdrive or distortion pedal produces, totally spoiling the Marshall tone) is to stick any distortion pedal in front of the amp thru the "high" input and just use it as a volume control with absolutely no distortion. I suppose you can accomplish the same thing with a volume pedal. Even better if your pedal has EQ settings, which gives more options as far as tweaking your tone. Basically you end up hitting the preamp tubes harder, getting rid of a need for a mod or the fake distortion of a pedal. Works for me, though I play punk and maybe that's not your bag.
: I wanna buy a marshall jcm 800 2203 or 2204. They have great tone, but only one channel. so can i stick an A/B box on it, ya know one line in high gain and one in low? I'm pretty sure thats what metallica did on the ride the lightning album? is that possible?

rhapsoby guitars????

rhapsoby guitars????

This popular thread has been given its own page : rhapsoby guitars????

Ibanez US RG-30

I just bought a used Ibanez RG-US 30. I would like to know if there have been any problems w/the tension free neck.It plays great but the string tension is tighter, like when I bend notes.

Mann Guitars?

Mann Guitars?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Mann Guitars?

partitures

need partiture of sound of silence by simon and garfunkel, thank you

Re: partitures

: need partiture from nirvana thank you

: : need partiture from nirvana thank you (drums).

Hi! I wonder if you can find and send to me the partitures of the "Blackbird" song of the Beatles.
Thank you.

Partitures of When I´m 64

Hi!
I´m a big Beatles fan and I´m getting married in a couple of days. I´d love to play When I´m 64 during the ceremony, but I can´t find the partitures. Could you help me?
Thanks.

I need a drum partiture. if you have, please send any drum partiture of Black Sabbath ( specially Heaven and Hell or Die Young )and The Doors ( speacially Light My Fire and The End ).

Thank´s a Lot

Mikhail

dating my sg

i recently bought a gibson sg custom serial #052817. i was told it was a '74, but when i try dating it ont the web, i've found that serial #'s starting with 0 are supposed to all be '67s.. i don't think mine is a '67 as it has the round, clear black plastic knobs. it has a dark brown mahogany finish, with yellowing pearl binding. 3 gold plated humbuckers. gibson tremolo. and a plastic hardshell case, with plastic latches, that i was told was original. which is another reason i don't think it's a '67. can anyone help me with any info on this guitar? please email me.
thanks, and cheers......
james

Re: dating my sg

: i recently bought a gibson sg custom serial #052817. i was told it was a '74, but when i try dating it ont the web, i've found that serial #'s starting with 0 are supposed to all be '67s.. i don't think mine is a '67 as it has the round, clear black plastic knobs. it has a dark brown mahogany finish, with yellowing pearl binding. 3 gold plated humbuckers. gibson tremolo. and a plastic hardshell case, with plastic latches, that i was told was original. which is another reason i don't think it's a '67. can anyone help me with any info on this guitar? please email me.
: thanks, and cheers......

It is probably a 67 Reissue they have often used an original type Serial # on them.

how can i clean my les paul

how can i clean my les paul

This popular thread has been given its own page : how can i clean my les paul

Ibanez Rocket Roll II Flying V

Ibanez Rocket Roll II Flying V

This popular thread has been given its own page : Ibanez Rocket Roll II Flying V

1972 Gibson Les Paul Custom Cherry Sunburst

1972 Gibson Les Paul Custom Cherry Sunburst

This popular thread has been given its own page : 1972 Gibson Les Paul Custom Cherry Sunburst

1962 reissue japan made stratocaster

i bought a japanese fender strat in 1988 that was supposed to be a 1962 reissue with serial number e929099 three color sunburst. the guitar has a maple neck with a MAPLE FINGERBOARD and 62 strats came with rosewood fingerboards any info i could get would be great thanks alot scott

Re: 1962 reissue japan made stratocaster

Sounds like A)The neck is not original, and maybe a '50s reissue neck (or '67 or '68 R.I. possibly) or B)possibly this kind of neck was a custom order/special option or C)this guitar is not a '62 r.i. at all, maybe a '67 or '68 reissue...Does the guitar have the smaller headstock with the "spaghetti FENDER logo", or does it have the larger headstock with the black or gold FENDER logo on it? Feel free to e-mail if you like...I've owned three Japan '62's and they've never had maple boards, only rosewood.

: Sounds like A)The neck is not original, and maybe a '50s reissue neck (or '67 or '68 R.I. possibly) or B)possibly this kind of neck was a custom order/special option or C)this guitar is not a '62 r.i. at all, maybe a '67 or '68 reissue...Does the guitar have the smaller headstock with the "spaghetti FENDER logo", or does it have the larger headstock with the black or gold FENDER logo on it? Feel free to e-mail if you like...I've owned three Japan '62's and they've never had maple boards, only rosewood.

What wood used for body
Did they fit USA pickup
Thanks
Joe

Japanese '62 Strat reissue
What type wood used for body
Did they fit USA pickups
Thanks
Joe

Pre WWII Kay

Does anyone know how to use the serial number stamped on the inside of the guitar to date it and get its value?

Takamine

hi, anyone got a Takamine for sale?

Epiphone neck needed!!

Hey, i need a neck for a epiphone rivoli bass. if anyone has any ideas or info about where to get one, PLEASE let me know. my email is takatars35@hotmail.com. thank you so much!

Teisco Del Ray -Model ET210N

looking to rebuild classic '60's style guitar,has dual pickups,base,treble controls,as well as two volume controls and individual on/off controls for pickups....would like help with bridge as right now it is in little bags waiting to be rebuilt.Also anyone with knowledge of bridge ajdustment specs or reinforced adjustable neck specs as needed to make this a working guitar again.Would really like to rebuild this to original though inexpensive classic 60's style. Thanks in advance ,this guitar was puchased in Japan in late 60's and does have sentimental value.

Les Paul 100

I'm thinking of getting a Les Paul 100 but I'm not too sure how well it work, therefore I need advices from you guys.

live amp microphone set up

have 60 watt marshall triple lead all tube head/w marshall cab w/ green back speakers.need suggestions for live miking set up to harness that great sound and send it through PA.what mic should I use .(Note:I play my amp fairly loud during live shows.Do I need a different type of mike for high volume miking?

Realy old Les Paul possibly for sale

I have had a guitar since 1965. It was second hand and well used. I have been told it is an original Gibson Les paul. can anyone give me any information on getting it authenticated. I do not play and am interested in selling it.

Re: Realy old Les Paul possibly for sale

A picture would be a great help. If you have a digital cam email me one. Actually Les Pauls are rather easy to verify because pretty good records were kept on the solid body gibsons from that period. If you've had it since the 60's it could be a very valuable item. Several Les Paul models were made. Collector values vary depending on originality, model, condition, etc...etc... Just because your guitar is well played does not necessarily mean you have to give it away. Be careful with vintage dealers who offer you $$$ for your guitar. Remember these guys are in business. The serial # should be located on the back of the headstock. email me if you have any questions

fs roland gk2A hex guitar pickup kit internal mount $150.00

roland gk-2a internal mount guitar synth pickup kit for the Gr33, Gr30, VG88 and all GR family. It comes with all easy install instructions and diagrams. Excellent tracking. Email for picture. $150.00

Re: fs roland gk2A hex guitar pickup kit internal mount $150.00

: roland gk-2a internal mount guitar synth pickup kit for the Gr33, Gr30, VG88 and all GR family. It comes with all easy install instructions and diagrams. Excellent tracking. Email for picture. $150.00

i want information about gk2a internal kit. It's new or used? I'm italian..how much i pay for ship and tax?

Still have this? DW

Is this kit still available, & if so, can you send me information regarding its installation? ...cost? ...shipping particulars?

Also, do you have any pics of the kit?

Thanks,
df

Tablature-slide-question

When i tablature it says /7, what does it mean. I knowe it's a slipe, and I guess it's to the 7th fret, but where from?

Re: Tablature-slide-question

You are right about what it means and where you slide 'from' is up to you, if a note is already fretted on the string you ususlly just slide from there, if not then usually you just start from where your hand currently is (most convient way), or you might have to move up/down the neck and expermint till you get the 'right' sound... so I guess I typed all this just to say there is no 'rule' as to where you start from, and there are 'up' slides too.

When i tablature it says /7, what does it mean. I knowe it's a slipe, and I guess it's to the 7th fret, but where from?

Fender DG-11 and Terrapin Hardcase for Sale

I have a one year old Fender Acoustic DG-11 with the factory strings. Hardly played. Fender pick guard overwrap still on guitar.Comes with Terrapin Hard Case. Asking $200.. Or Best Offer.. Send offers.

Re: Fender DG-11 and Terrapin Hardcase for Sale

What color and condition are is the guitar in?

boss me-6

Does anyone know how to set the boss me6 back to the factory settings

Re: boss me-6

If I remember right you have to keep left and down buttons pressed down while you plug the power on.

Re: boss me-6

: If I remember right you have to keep left and down buttons pressed down while you plug the power on.

Does any one know a site where I can download the ME-6 Instruction Manual? I went to bossus.com, but to no avail.

Thanks!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.