Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - October, 2002

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: What Year and where was it made?

Have a very cool lp standard epiphone, serial number:U5100740. Does anybody know about these? It appears to be better made than the current ones.

How do you change electric guitar string?

One o my strings snapped, i have a nother one. but i dont know how to put it bak in

Re: How do you change electric guitar string?

: One of my strings snapped, i have a another one. but i dont know how to put it back in.

Re: How do you change electric guitar string?

when do i know when i need to change the strings

Yamaha Classical G255SII worth?

I have a Yamaha classical G-255SII guitar and am thinking of selling it. It's in near mint condition. Any idea on how much these go far -- a ballpark. Thanks

Re: Yamaha Classical G255SII worth?

In near mint condition, top dollar would be $250. I would expect a more realistic price(ie quick sell)would be $175 to $200.

Which Strat has the best "classic Strat" sound?

Which Strat has the best "classic Strat" sound?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Which Strat has the best "classic Strat" sound?

Problems with AX1000G pedal

Hi,
I am facing a problem with the AX1000G pedal. Any effect where the pedal setting is to 'Volume' does not work. Any quick fix
Thanks

I was just searching for a AX1000G schematic when I read your posting. It seems we both have the sa

: Hi,
: I am facing a problem with the AX1000G pedal. Any effect where the pedal setting is to 'Volume' does not work. Any quick fix
: Thanks

fender decalsI have good quality fender guitar decals for 50's and 60's strats and 50's tele's

Talkbox questions

Do any of you guys use a talkbox? Are they easy to master? Does the make of the talkbox have any distinct effect on the sound? Does anyone know what make of talkbox Richie Sambora uses?

Re: Talkbox questions

If your on a budget, danelectro has a new talk box pedal available. haven't tried one yet. See if your local store has one & try it out. I have no idea what sambora uses, but I'm sure it's big $$.

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to check out that Danelectro!
-Nick

I recently bought a Rocktron Banshee talk box. I did a lot of research into the different talk boxes knowing that I wanted to get one and i decided on the banshee for a couple reasons. I was looking at the danelectro free speech box for a while, but I read a lot of reviews that said it was horrible for playing live because the tube wasn't long enough. Also, the effect's quality wasn't as good and was not truly comparable to the heil talk box that most of the famous musicians like Peter Frampton used. The other was that the banshee is also built similarly to the danelectro in that it wont kill your amp if you turn it up too loud. That is the problem with the heil and many other earlier talk boxes. The banshee sounds amazing and it's easy to set up. All you have to do is plug in your guitar to one side of the pedal, put a cord from the other side to the amp, and run the tube up next to a microphone. when you turn the effect off, you play normally through the amp and when it's on, all the sound comes through the tube and with your mouth over to tube, the sound is picked up by the mic. They're all pretty similar in price , so I definitely think the Rocktron Banshee is the way to go.

i just bought a heil today and it kicks ass!!
does anyone hve suggestions for instruments on a korg triton?

Ive just ordered a Danelectro Talkbox, heard its pretty good. Sambora uses a Rocktron Banshee Talkbox. Ive gone for the Danelectro as its a simple in line talkbox. Other talkboxes require you to use external mics n stuff. Email me if you've brought one of the Danelectro's and let me know how good it is. Cant wait to get mine!

Karl

always whistles...with any volume.Why?

PATCHES - DigiTECH RP-6 - Urgent

Somebody has PATCHES for DigiTECH Rp-6? Therefore I am not obtaining to make good programmings!

Suzuki Threes guitar

Suzuki Threes guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Suzuki Threes guitar

Volume fading in/out on marshall

Hi! I have a Marshall Artist 3203 head and have noticed that the volume fades in/out sometimes
could this be from a close by computer? This is a recent problem and the computers been close for some time now, so i dunno what it is. Any ideas??

Re: Volume fading in/out on marshall

: Hi! I have a Marshall Artist 3203 head and have noticed that the volume fades in/out sometimes
: could this be from a close by computer? This is a recent problem and the computers been close for some time now, so i dunno what it is. Any ideas??

Re: Volume fading in/out on marshall

I have the exact same amp and had the exact same probs. A buddy of mine told me to turn on the power only (not the standby) and leave it on for 24 to 48 hours. He told me if you use it for short periods, it doesn't give it a chance to charge the caps. It worked for me. I still have to do it every couple months because I don't play for long periods. let me know if it helps.

HOW, HOW TO GET THE UNERWATER SOUND OUT OF MY GUITAR??????????

How can i get the underwater sound???
What effect or effect combination,or... to use???
(Not usual-tremolo or just vibratosound, bur real UNDERWATER)

HOW, HOW TO GET THE UNDERWATER SOUND OUT OF MY GUITAR??????????

How can i get the underwater sound???
What effect or effect combination,or... to use???
(Not usual-tremolo or just vibratosound, bur real UNDERWATER)

Re: HOW, HOW TO GET THE UNDERWATER SOUND OUT OF MY GUITAR??????????

Isn't that the flanger that can do that?

: How can i get the underwater sound???
: What effect or effect combination,or... to use???
: (Not usual-tremolo or just vibratosound, bur real UNDERWATER)

Re: HOW, HOW TO GET THE UNDERWATER SOUND OUT OF MY GUITAR??????????

: Isn't that the flanger that can do that?

: : How can i get the underwater sound???
: : What effect or effect combination,or... to use???
: : (Not usual-tremolo or just vibratosound, bur real UNDERWATER)
: Korg AX 1G processors have this effect built in

I'm looking for a bajo sexto effect

Hello I'm looking for a special effect "bajo sexto effect". It is an effect that would make an electric guitar sound like a bajo sexto acoustic guitar, my friend saw a band using one of those but I haven't been able to find it. Do you know of any address or place that I could find one? I appreciate it.
Enrique.

Re: I'm looking for a bajo sexto effect

: Hello I'm looking for a special effect "bajo sexto effect". It is an effect that would make an electric guitar sound like a bajo sexto acoustic guitar, my friend saw a band using one of those but I haven't been able to find it. Do you know of any address or place that I could find one? I appreciate it.
: Enrique.

Hank,
I have never heard of a effect for the bajo sexto. You could probably try an acoustic effect or maybe even an acoustic preamp. It also depends on yuor guitar. You can get close the sound you are looking for by adding mids and taking out lows. Once you find a sound similiar then work on your technique. The mimic the bajo, limit the number of strings you play. When I am using a guitar I treat it as a Bajo Quinto/Sexto. When playing conjunto on an electric guitar don't play all the strings. Look at the chords that you are using. Are they bar chords? Barchords ring too much and it is hard to control the sound. Use the bajo chords. This means don't play the the 1st and 2nd string. So learn the bajo chords. I am putting together a book that discusses this in further detail. It will be out in about a year if i can get it published. It will be in english because it is geared to keep the bajo alive and well in the US. You can email me at tsoundpro@hotmail.com Please email me and let me know how it is going. Learn the chords and think about getting a bajo quinto (Don't get a Lone Star. It is affordable but the sound does not fit well amplified conjuntos. If you don't believe me go see a Stampede show. Get a Guerrero ($700)or maybe a Gabi.).

Considering the Bajo is tuned lower than a standard try using an "octave pedal". I will automatically double each note you play either an octave about or below. It sounds pretty close, but without the woody acoustic sound. Also one thing I've noticed that electric player usually do here in Michigan is play their guitar through a bass amp. hope this helps..

Vicente

: : Hello I'm looking for a special effect "bajo sexto effect". It is an effect that would make an electric guitar sound like a bajo sexto acoustic guitar, my friend saw a band using one of those but I haven't been able to find it. Do you know of any address or place that I could find one? I appreciate it.
: : Enrique.

A appraisel or advise

i just got ahold of a 1959 EF6425 Fender Stratocaster i was just wanting to know how much it would be worth, or if anybody out there wants to buy it i would sell it for $500 if their are any buyers let me know on the board.

Gibson bass

Heah, my buddy has a 65 Gibson Bass Les Paul, or around that year. What kind of money can he expect to get for a bass from the sixties.

Thank you!
Craig

pod site assist

say i know there are others who indulge in the line 6pod and i am hoping to locate some sites if you know of any i would appreciate your assist,,,,.. thanks

Re: pod site assist

The line 6 site is best (and the links there cover the best sites) and there are alot of people at wholenote to 'swap' with. I also it useful to use the patches from the guitar world tab at the site to approximate a tone I am looking for and then tweak from there.

: say i know there are others who indulge in the line 6pod and i am hoping to locate some sites if you know of any i would appreciate your assist,,,,.. thanks

selling my ibanez rg470

Hi, I'm selling my metallic black rg470 with a hardcase on ebay. Its currently $190, retail is $450(on musicians friend.com http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=021017115643169233004049239538/search/g=home/detail/base_id/39554)

check it out!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=913426060&rd=1
email me if you have any questions email me at rg470bk@yahoo.com

- James K

Spanish Guitar value??

Hey all,

I came across a Spanish guitar which I've never seen before. It's a Leyenda/Seyenda (the first letter is hard to read). Anyone know what this is, or it's value? Like I said, I've never seen it before, nor have my friends who know a lot about guitars. Any help would be appreciated!

Pls respond to aw_smooth@hotmail.com, thanks

snap!!!

i have been given the same solid top classical guitar,no fret marks but it seems to be a nice guitar-made in spain-BM? any news please let me know,thanks
vern

channel switching pop

theres a pop sound when i switch between my channels, what could cause this and how to fix it?

Re: channel switching pop

Usually the switch

: theres a pop sound when i switch between my channels, what could cause this and how to fix it?

Re: channel switching pop

if it a mechanical switch then a very low value cap across the terminals may eliminate the pop. more info on the device would help me determine the fix more precisely

my 50's special model Les Paul

I need a big amp cheap for my 50's special model Les Paul. I want a loud one that looks good but it has to be cheap to because I spent a lot of money on my 50's special model Les Paul because it was a great deal and worth a lot more then thay wanted at the pawn shop because Gibson was worn off of the head to. I need to find sombuddy to fix they buz to when I play the heavy strings and the strings feel hard to press down to. Can anyone fix this cheap and were would I take it to get it fixed cheap? Than you for helping me to. So if you have a amp cheap that is loud that I could by please let me no so I could play my 50's special model Les Paul.

It's called ebay... thats where big cheap amps are

Sounds like you need alot more than just a loud amp though.

: I need a big amp cheap for my 50's special model Les Paul. I want a loud one that looks good but it has to be cheap to because I spent a lot of money on my 50's special model Les Paul because it was a great deal and worth a lot more then thay wanted at the pawn shop because Gibson was worn off of the head to. I need to find sombuddy to fix they buz to when I play the heavy strings and the strings feel hard to press down to. Can anyone fix this cheap and were would I take it to get it fixed cheap? Than you for helping me to. So if you have a amp cheap that is loud that I could by please let me no so I could play my 50's special model Les Paul.

Re: It's called ebay... thats where big cheap amps are

: Sounds like you need alot more than just a loud amp though.
I thank you for trying to help me because other poeple doen't want to help me to much. What do you think I need because I no I need a big amp that is loud to but I need somebudy to fix the buz cheap to because it buzes but the strings feel hard to push to. Cord told me what string to use but I doen't no it they are right for my vintage guitar or if I need speacial strings for it because it is so old to. Thanks for helping me and let me no it sombudy can fix the buz cheap to.

Re: It's called ebay... thats where big cheap amps are

: Sounds like you need alot more than just a loud amp though.
I thank you for trying to help me because other poeple doen't want to help me to much. What do you think I need because I no I need a big amp that is loud to but I need somebudy to fix the buz cheap to because it buzes but the strings feel hard to push to. Cord told me what string to use but I doen't no it they are right for my vintage guitar or if I need speacial strings for it because it is so old to. Thanks for helping me and let me no it sombudy can fix the buz cheap to.

Re: my 50's special model Les Paul

Save all the money and concentrate on writing and spelling.

News Video Clips Jazz (free download)=>

News Video Clips Movies Jazz Sax (free download)=>

http://spazioweb.inwind.it/gabrielesax/

Re: News Video Clips Jazz (free download)=>

: O vídeo da notícia grampea o jazz Sax dos filmes (download livre) = >: http://spazioweb.inwind.it/gabrielesax/

how much is my bass worth?

how much is my bass worth?

This popular thread has been given its own page : how much is my bass worth?

gretsch

gretsch

This popular thread has been given its own page : gretsch

guitar boogie

i'm looking for the tablature of Arthur Smith guitar boogie.
Thank you, gracias, merci,...

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.