Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - October, 2002

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Question concerning Washburn Force 3

I need info., I'd like to know the value of my guitar, and where to get spec. sheets about it.

Question concerning Washburn Force 3

I need info., I'd like to know the value of my guitar, and where to get spec. sheets about it.

Re: Question concerning Washburn Force 3

My dad just gave me his old force 3. I want to restore it but i need parts and directions can you help/

Need some info. concerning my washburn Force 3

Need some info. concerning my washburn Force 3

This popular thread has been given its own page : Need some info. concerning my washburn Force 3

digi tech 2120 Valve Guitar System

I use gibson les pul and Fender thinlight and g&l
I use carvin tube amplifier
CAn sombode help tune good sustain clean sound
I want "clean" disturtion
where i can learn or get a video to tune that 2120 ???

I WANT TO FORM MY OWN ROCK BAND

I WANT TO FORM MY OWN ROCK BAND

This popular thread has been given its own page : I WANT TO FORM MY OWN ROCK BAND

any one have some good me 10 patch settings

i have a fender strat, marshal jcm 800 lead series amp with marshal quad and a boss me 10 effects unit,
i like floyd , doors, zep ,deep purple etc , does any one have any good patch settings for this style of music ?

Any good patches for GT-3... and are Digitech effects any good??

Well, I have this GT-3 multieffect unit, but I find it difficult to adjust a good sound ( It is so complex!!) Would have any good tips for christian guitarist?

Re: Any good patches for GT-3... and are Digitech effects any good??

I'm play christian rock (mostly cover tunes right now). I just bought a Digitech rp200. It rocks.

: Well, I have this GT-3 multieffect unit, but I find it difficult to adjust a good sound ( It is so complex!!) Would have any good tips for christian guitarist?

Re: Any good patches for Digitech rp 200

I just bought a Digitech rp200. It rocks.but i need
good patches for metal songs.for pantera,slayer,
zakk wylde,metallica etc.

: Well, I have this GT-3 multieffect unit, but I find it difficult to adjust a good sound ( It is so complex!!) Would have any good tips for christian guitarist?

in fact, i´m looking for the same, but for the gt-6, did you get trick, i mean, a web site, f example

please help me because nobudy will help me

What do you think I need because I no I need a big amp that is loud to but I need somebudy to fix the buz cheap to because it buzes but the strings feel hard to push to. Cord told me what string to use but I doen't no it they are right for my vintage guitar or if I need speacial strings for it because it is so old to. The old wood mite need differant strings because it is very old (1955). Thanks for helping me and let me no it sombudy can fix the buz cheap to.

Re: please help me because nobudy will help me

Send me $50 and the guitar and I'll set it up for ya, or just bring it to a shop and get it taken care of.

: What do you think I need because I no I need a big amp that is loud to but I need somebudy to fix the buz cheap to because it buzes but the strings feel hard to push to. Cord told me what string to use but I doen't no it they are right for my vintage guitar or if I need speacial strings for it because it is so old to. The old wood mite need differant strings because it is very old (1955). Thanks for helping me and let me no it sombudy can fix the buz cheap to.

Re: please help me because nobudy will help me

: What do you think I need because I no I need a big amp that is loud to but I need somebudy to fix the buz cheap to because it buzes but the strings feel hard to push to. Cord told me what string to use but I doen't no it they are right for my vintage guitar or if I need speacial strings for it because it is so old to. The old wood mite need differant strings because it is very old (1955). Thanks for helping me and let me no it sombudy can fix the buz cheap to.
-----------------------------------------

http://www.dictionary.com/

Get a great deal on a guitar at www.missionfish.com

Get a great deal on a guitar at www.missionfish.com and help support music education!

~Tom DeLonge Autographed Squier Stratocaster
~Gretsch Hawaiian Deluxe Acoustic - Limited Edition
~Les Paul Junior Electric Guitar

These and many more great items are up for bid at the Make a Difference Day Online Auction, October 14 - November 4, benefiting MENC: The National Association for Music Education and other organizations. Proceeds from bids on MENC items benefit MENC's Fund for the Advancement of Music Education. All winning bids are tax- deductible! Help MENC bring music education to all children...place your bid today!

www.missionfish.com

Just type "guitar" in the search engine, log on, and bid today!

http://www.missionfish.com/Shop/NPviewAll.msp? companyOID=3036-1-32-0-1- 0&fileN=/MADD02/header.html,/MADD02/footer.html

1952 Les Paul Model Goldtop

1952 Les Paul Model Goldtop

This popular thread has been given its own page : 1952 Les Paul Model Goldtop

Which strings?

I would like a good set of strings for my PRS. Which do you guys reccomend? Im not a beginner so i dont need light strings etc...
Thanks

Re: Which strings?

: I would like a good set of strings for my PRS. Which do you guys reccomend? Im not a beginner so i dont need light strings etc...
: Thanks

I personaly use Dardario, and find them realy good.
I use 0010 and 0012 gauge

Peavy T-15

My son is trying to sell his Peavy T-15. Is there a place (ie. blue book) that has estimated values for
guitars. The guitar and the hard case are still in really good condition.

Re: Peavy T-15

Hi i am looking for the same info.
About to sell it for 100$.
Daniel

: My son is trying to sell his Peavy T-15. Is there a place (ie. blue book) that has estimated values for
: guitars. The guitar and the hard case are still in really good condition.

Mono-varitone

Mono-varitone

This popular thread has been given its own page : Mono-varitone

Does anyone know where I can buy a good guitar, online???

Hello you may think that this message in kind of lame but i am from Europe and I don't know where I an get a good Guitar ( Fender, Gibson, Yamaha ) at a low price like people in USA, i have tried Amazon.co.uk and DoUWantIt.com and nothing, CAN ANYONE GIVE ME A CLUE?
Thanks

Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a good guitar, online???

: Hello you may think that this message in kind of lame but i am from Europe and I don't know where I an get a good Guitar ( Fender, Gibson, Yamaha ) at a low price like people in USA, i have tried Amazon.co.uk and DoUWantIt.com and nothing, CAN ANYONE GIVE ME A CLUE?
: Thanks

Try QXL, you can get a good guitar for a good price

Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a good guitar, online???

: : Hello you may think that this message in kind of lame but i am from Europe and I don't know where I an get a good Guitar ( Fender, Gibson, Yamaha ) at a low price like people in USA, i have tried Amazon.co.uk and DoUWantIt.com and nothing, CAN ANYONE GIVE ME A CLUE?
: : Thanks

: Try QXL, you can get a good guitar for a good price

Try ebay.com

I got a wonderful used Norman B-20 for a couple of hundred dollars c/w new hardshell case and pickup.

There are also some great Martins and Gibsons to be obtained there too.

It depends on how much money that you wish to spend, but I have had 100% success with honsty, and quality, etc. on ebay.

Although I recommend 1980 and older Gibsons, I am not as satisfied with the quality of the sound in the newer ones. It many be just my gut feeling, but I don't think that they are getting the high quality woods that they used to get in years past.

Martins continue to be great guitars.

Happy guitar hunting and good luck:o)

Cord

santana guitar effects

I want to know the composition of the effect that used santana in his song "Black Magic Woman".Thank u so much.

1987 Ibanez S540 for sale in mint condition

1987 Ibanez S540 for sale in mint condition

This popular thread has been given its own page : 1987 Ibanez S540 for sale in mint condition

Does any one know the history of the guitar?

um...if any1 knows the history and origins of the guitar besides the fact that it was invented by Robert f fleming, i would appreciate an email or possibly have the answer posted.
thanx

Re: Does any one know the history of the guitar?

just search using google, you'll find everything you need to know, there is way too much info to be typing into a response.

: um...if any1 knows the history and origins of the guitar besides the fact that it was invented by Robert f fleming, i would appreciate an email or possibly have the answer posted.
: thanx

Re: What is the earliest known date guitars were played?

What is the earliest known date guitars were played?.. emil me if you find out thanks!!

Drawing for a free Paragon handmade guitar

Ex-Larrivee luthiers Rob Bustos and Mark Vantaa will be giving away a free guitar, prototype for a new model. MSRP on it is $2400 US. You might want to check this one out early...

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/paragonguitars

Cheers

Acoustic Guitar Strings

Hello,

I own a YAMAHA APX4A (acoustic) guitar and since now I have been using .10 and .11 strings. I was thinking of using a set of .12.
Do you think that this may damage the fret of my guitar or something else ??
Thank you.

Re: Acoustic Guitar Strings

I don't see how they could damage the guitar as 12's are still kinda light/medium strings for an acoustic, so go for it.

: Hello,

: I own a YAMAHA APX4A (acoustic) guitar and since now I have been using .10 and .11 strings. I was thinking of using a set of .12.
: Do you think that this may damage the fret of my guitar or something else ??
: Thank you.

Re: Acoustic Guitar Strings

Hi:

I agree that 12 are still light strings and shouldn't hurt a thing; and you will gain a bit more volume.

My concern would be more related to what weight strings were on your guitar when it was last set up. But if you only go up to 12s it shouldn't make very much difference.

Cord

: I don't see how they could damage the guitar as 12's are still kinda light/medium strings for an acoustic, so go for it.

: : Hello,

: : I own a YAMAHA APX4A (acoustic) guitar and since now I have been using .10 and .11 strings. I was thinking of using a set of .12.
: : Do you think that this may damage the fret of my guitar or something else ??
: : Thank you.

For all Luke freaks....

Is there anybody out there, who knows which guitar belt does Steve Lukather use?

Billy Mackel Story

The new url for the Billy Mackel Story is now,
http://www.lionelhampton.nl/billymackelstory.html
Billy the guitarplayer for the Lionel Hampton Band 1944-1942

Does anyone know were i can get a good guitar for cheap??

Does anyone know were I can get a good Guitar for a cheap prise??

Re: Does anyone know were i can get a good guitar for cheap??

how cheap is cheap ?? $500, $1000 ??????

: Does anyone know were I can get a good Guitar for a cheap prise??

: how cheap is cheap ?? $500, $1000 ??????

:
: : Does anyone know were I can get a good Guitar for a cheap prise??

I also don't know wht you call "cheap" but very good quality handmade guitars are Norman, Sea Gull, and Art & Luthier guitars made in rural Quebec. They aren't great on appearance,(very plain), but great sound and great action at a reasonable price, and with solid 800 year old cedar and spruce tops.

Cord

Hi,

We can offer you good guitars - both acoustic and electric at cheap prices, pls let me know your choice and address.

Jitesh Jain
wbo@vsnl.net

1991 Gibson Les Paul- I need some info

I'm looking for some information on my guitar. I have a 1991 Gibson Les Paul (first 2 numbers of serial are 91*********; bought Brand new from Mr. Gruhn himself). This one is different. Gold Hardware, Humbucker-single-humbucker, a 5-way switch and a 2 way switch. 1 Volume knob, 1 one Tone knob. Cherry Sunburst black fret board. Seems to have a Les Paul Junior Body, "Les Paul Model" Written on the top. No mother of pearl inlay on the outside. Much Lighter than a Standard. I was told it was a prototype. If anyone has any info, please email me.

Re: 1991 Gibson Les Paul- I need some info

Mr. Gruhn should be able to tell you what model it is and what year it is. You have not read the date code properly.

Re: 1991 Gibson Les Paul- I need some info

later Gibsons date first and fifth # of serial number

1991 Gibson Les Paul- I need some info

I own a 1991 Les Paul Standard that I bought in a consignment shop in Columbus, Ohio in 2001. The ID# is 93191351...1st. and 5th. give me the 1991 and the 319 = Nov. 15. But according to Bluebook the last three digits should be in the 500+ range not the 351 as it's stamped. The guitar has a Natural Maple top and gold hardware. Can someone explain the last three digits to me??? Bill

Uncle Tim’s First Year Free Mini-eBook

Hi:

Are you looking for the best beginner guitar book available today? Now you can see it for yourself. Here is a link to get a FREE Uncle Tim’s First Year mini-eBook. It contains 11 pages right from the book and gives you a pretty good idea of how the actual book works. The eBook can help a beginner all by itself.

You can either download a copy or just view it in place. Either way, Uncle Tim’s First Year will change the way you play a guitar. By the way, Uncle Tim’s First Year got another 5 star review at Amazon.com. You can read the quote at the landing page.

http://www.uncletim.com/utfy/miniutfy.htm

Thanks and don’t forget to sign up for the free newsletter too.

Tim G.
Mountain Studios

Isn't it Disgusting!!!!????!!!!

Isn't it Disgusting!!!!????!!!!

This popular thread has been given its own page : Isn't it Disgusting!!!!????!!!!

Boss gt-6 and marshall avt150h

i have a boss gt-6 and a marshall avt150h with a cabinet atv412a 200Watt but a really don´t know hot to use the overdrive from de amp and the other fx from de gt-6 if anyone could help i enjoi, by the way anyon has god distortion patches for combine with the tone o my marshall thanx.

Ps: please send me an e-mail i prefer

"sloid-state is bad." Not Always True!!!!

I logged onto this site and noticed a comment that claimed that Solid-State amps sound bad. Ah Ha!!!! Touche!! That is somewhat true, but not completely. I have a Fender Stage 100. It is completely solid-state, and it sounds fantastic. Yes, I think tube amps for the most part sound better than solid-state, but I also believe that the Fender Stage 100 is part of a very small handful of solid-state amps that sound really good.

Help me with my epiphone les paul studio!!

One of my pickups is failing or something, when i switch to rythm i get a light, shitty sound what do I do?

Re: Help me with my epiphone les paul studio!!

Make sure the pickup is close enough to the strings. If thats not it, you may have a dead coil on that pickup or a wiring problem that needs to be checked by a tech.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.