Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - October, 2002

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Yamaki guitar

Can anyone tell me any information about the company that made yamaki guitar? I have a 1972 Yamaki Folk Delux. Can anyone tell me anything about it?

Re: Yamaki guitar

: Can anyone tell me any information about the company that made yamaki guitar? I have a 1972 Yamaki Folk Delux. Can anyone tell me anything about it?

: : Can anyone tell me any information about the company that made yamaki guitar? I have a 1972 Yamaki Folk Delux. Can anyone tell me anything about it?

I also have a yamaki - the company went out of business in the late 70's due to some sort of corp. fight with yamaha. They are really great guitars.
Mine has a solid cedar top and is a Martin D-18 knock-off. Sounds great, hope you like yours as well

: : : Can anyone tell me any information about the company that made yamaki guitar? I have a 1972 Yamaki Folk Delux. Can anyone tell me anything about it?

: I also have a yamaki - the company went out of business in the late 70's due to some sort of corp. fight with yamaha. They are really great guitars.
: Mine has a solid cedar top and is a Martin D-18 knock-off. Sounds great, hope you like yours as well

I have a YAMAKI folk delux AY331, how can I find the date of manufacture? Thanx I,m at adderley@ns.sympatico.ca up here in NOVA SCOTIA CANADA, sure is cold today. Nothin' to do but re-string the old Yamaki!

: Can anyone tell me any information about the company that made yamaki guitar? I have a 1972 Yamaki classic concerto guitare ¨modèle N° C144
. Can anyone tell me anything about it?

larrivee L-15

Anybody have a larrivee L-15 12 string? Any comments would be appreciated. Terry

Japan Squier Starto 1998

Is this guitar worth buying? Or is this same quality as the korean and chinese ones?

Goya G-17 guitars

Goya G-17 guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : Goya G-17 guitars

I can't find any free cad files!

Can someone e-mail me with a site where I can get some files or plans for making an electric?

Re: I can't find any free cad files!

: Can someone e-mail me with a site where I can get some files or plans for making an electric?
I NEED THE SAME!!!

: : Can someone e-mail me with a site where I can get some files or plans for making an electric?
: I NEED THE SAME!!!

Me too PLEASE! Surely there's an obsessive compulsive engineer/musician out there somewhere!

Ok, here is one. Cant believe you really looked all that hard though........
www.guitarbuild.com

Enjoy....

: : Can someone e-mail me with a site where I can get some files or plans for making an acoustic?

: : Can someone e-mail me with a site where I can get some files or plans for making an acoustic?

What the hell?

Wilson Classical made by H. Yairi Luthier

Wilson Classical made by H. Yairi Luthier

This popular thread has been given its own page : Wilson Classical made by H. Yairi Luthier

Tokai Banjo

I have a Tokai Banjo, excellent condition. From 70's or earlier. Wondering in anyone might know anything about this brand or what it's worth. Thanks

Anyone looking for Gretsch 6120 vintage tuners?

I have a set of tuners (gold)complete that came with my 1961 Gretsch 6120 '60 Chet Adkins. I replaced these with grovers after 10 years use. These are all intact and have normal wear.
Please inquire by e-mail if you wish.
Thanks
Richard Hergenreter

Re: Anyone looking for Gretsch 6120 vintage tuners?

Richard--
Please contact me re these Gretsch tuners. Thanks.
Mark

Re: Anyone looking for Gretsch 6120 vintage tuners?

hi richard,
i'm about to possibly purshase a '59 6121. i was wondering if your tuners will fit on this model. what is the shaft height of the tuner? are they open back tuners? how much $ do you want for these?

hope to hear from you . thank-you.
gerry

RAP

LOOKING FOR YING YANG TWINS

Does anyone know anything about a 'KD28' 12 string acoustic?

Does anyone know anything about a 'KD28' 12 string acoustic?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Does anyone know anything about a 'KD28' 12 string acoustic?

WHERE CAN I BUY WES BORLAND'S GUITAR

I NEED

Re: WHERE CAN I BUY WES BORLAND'S GUITAR

: I NEED to find a place 2 buy his guitar does anyone know, or if u know where a good pic is of his washburn 4 string u will be appreciated.

All I know is that its not a washburn...Its a Semi-Acoustic George Gorodnitski Guitar....100% custom built for him...Just take this dudes name and go into a search engine...and look for his company..email him for a price quote...Later

Not washburn, http://www.master-guitars.com/G/

help this is dirving me nuts

i play a jackson dinky ex pro w/ floyd rose. lately for some reason evey time i whammy or just start playoing super fast it goes way out of tune. its not strings trust me i know how to stretch them. what could it be??? i wanna get somewhat of an idea before i take it in somewhere and sheel out the $$$. thanks alot in advvance

Re: help this is dirving me nuts

Maybe it's time for new springs ?? try just tightening them some and see if it helps.

: i play a jackson dinky ex pro w/ floyd rose. lately for some reason evey time i whammy or just start playoing super fast it goes way out of tune. its not strings trust me i know how to stretch them. what could it be??? i wanna get somewhat of an idea before i take it in somewhere and sheel out the $$$. thanks alot in advvance

Re: help this is dirving me nuts

maybe you could adjust the intonation. the pull from the strings has to be equal to the pull of the springs... have you tried tuning flat a half step?

joe and jeff apparently have their heads up their respective asses.....

It really sounds like the "knife edges" have dulled or the corresponding fulcrum point on the posts have worn. This can cause the exact problem that you have described. These edges have to be sharp to minimize friction and allow the trem to return to the same zero position each and every time. It sounds like yours is binding. Take a close look at the edges on the trem. They should look similar to a knife edge and not rounded or flattened. The corresponding post surfaces should not be worn or rutted. The posts are easily replaced. The knife edges may or may not be replacable depending on design. A quick and dirty fix on the blades could be achieved with a Dremel tool with a fine grinding stone bit. Good luck!

Re: joe and jeff apparently have their heads up their respective asses.....

And after you waste you time on this then check your springs, if this was the problem you would have already noticed it on initial inspection. I've go 3 FR trem guitars and have been using and setting em up for years, this yahoo can't even get rid of a fret buzz on his '50s LP' so I would take this his 'advice' with a grain of salt. Later.

: It really sounds like the "knife edges" have dulled or the corresponding fulcrum point on the posts have worn. This can cause the exact problem that you have described. These edges have to be sharp to minimize friction and allow the trem to return to the same zero position each and every time. It sounds like yours is binding. Take a close look at the edges on the trem. They should look similar to a knife edge and not rounded or flattened. The corresponding post surfaces should not be worn or rutted. The posts are easily replaced. The knife edges may or may not be replacable depending on design. A quick and dirty fix on the blades could be achieved with a Dremel tool with a fine grinding stone bit. Good luck!

I have to admit that Gordo has a valid point. (even if he doesn't know the difference between a 50's LP and a box of crackers, his 50's LP has a bolt on neck...whew) I have a Schaller Floyd in my spare parts bin that I removed for the exact reason he described. But I would try adjusting the springs before I did anything drastic like drop 200 bucks on a new trem.

I agree it is a valid point. and I know the webpage he copied it almost word for word from without credit, but I just assumed that worn 'blades' would be so obvious that the guy woulda noticed it, also the worn ones I've had normally are near impossible to tune/intonate as any picking or resting just your hand on it puts it out of tune, my experince of going outta tune only after using the trem usually means a tension adjustment, also telling me my head is up my ass just assures that all his posts now will get a flame right back from me. He also posts as 'tron' and 'unidefined/known luthier', for some reason when he posts as gordo he goes outta his way to sound/spell like an idiot.

: I have to admit that Gordo has a valid point. (even if he doesn't know the difference between a 50's LP and a box of crackers, his 50's LP has a bolt on neck...whew) I have a Schaller Floyd in my spare parts bin that I removed for the exact reason he described. But I would try adjusting the springs before I did anything drastic like drop 200 bucks on a new trem.

KAHLER OR FLOYD ROSE?

Wich one's better?, i'm thinking on buying a 7 string-trem system, i don't even know if kahler has 7 stringers but i was wondering anyway wich one woulds be better, by the way i have a Ibanez AX7221 7 strings, this model doesn't have any tremolo so if i'd buy one i would modify the guitar, is the Kahler or the Floyd Rose better for my needs????

Re: KAHLER OR FLOYD ROSE?

word on the street is that Kahler is once again out of business

Kahler flat mount is easier to install on a guitar that has no factory trem. I prefer the Floyd though. Kahlers are too bulky and have a rep for being unreliable in tuning stability.

Not true. You can still find their Website at www.kahlerinternational.com . Just thought I'd let'cha know.

guitar noises

when im playing my guitar itll make this really weird noise then i have to tap my chord for a while until it goes away what is that sound from and how do i get rid of it

Re: guitar noises

If you gotta tap the cord it is probally a faulty connection w/the cord jack or guitar/amp input jack (depending on which side you are tapping). Just ohm them out to find out which, or resolder them all, thats where I would start, actually I would start with just trying another cord and see if it goes away.

: when im playing my guitar itll make this really weird noise then i have to tap my chord for a while until it goes away what is that sound from and how do i get rid of it

Brian Moore i Series Guitars..any problems??

Anybody out there having problems with there i Series Brian Moore guitars?? I have an i88.13 (13 pin synth plug) that has had everything from the end pin come out to not being able to use the stereo cord because of poor internal connections....to say nothing of the 3 position switch I got instead of the 5 position switch it is advertised with. Am I the only one the got stuck with a Lemon?

Palmer Classical Guitar...HELP??

Palmer Classical Guitar...HELP??

This popular thread has been given its own page : Palmer Classical Guitar...HELP??

pickup problem

i have a 1994 40th anniversary american strat with the emblem on the headstock. i bought it 2nd hand and my problem is, the bridge pickup has been changed. i have no idea what pickup was used on the original setting. i hope u can help me solving my problem. never change the winning formula is what i believe in.

Les Paul Elegant

I purchased a 2001 LP elegant finished in Peacock Blue. I was told at the time that Gibson only finished 5 in this color that year. I tried to get confirmation from Gibson but nothing. Where could I find out?

sg

zyeaah

GFX 707

Please, if anybody have a real patch(on gfx707) for the song Narcotic from Liquido, PLEASE send me. Thanks a lot Dan. (dan@wo.cz)

reset zoom gfx707

How I do this???

stage amp

stage amp

This popular thread has been given its own page : stage amp

Which electrick guitars have a wide neck ?

Which electrick guitars have a wide neck ?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Which electrick guitars have a wide neck ?

Steve Lukather

Does anyone know what kind of guitar belt Steve Lukather use? Thanx for your help.

Re: Steve Lukather

hello
could you sent me a dedicaced photo or a sign of STEVE LUKATHER if you could give that this is my address:

alain brisset
28 rue l'ouche boyer
18 500 mehun sur yevre
cher FRANCE

thank you

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.