Home Forums Discussion Monthly Discussion Guitar Discussion Forum Archive – February, 2003

• Creator
    Topic
    Guitar Expert
    Keymaster

Archive for posts from February, 2003

Viewing 269 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I have a 1981 Les Paul custom silverburst guitar ,bought new , in mint condition,almost no use. It is signed by Les Paul with photos of him and my husband together as he signed it.can anyone tell me how much it is worth?And how to get the best price for it Thanks Pattie

Anonymous

From what I`ve been reading it is worth probably around 2800. to maybe 3800. If you enter the Les Paul Forum you could get a better answer there and a few buyers. I would make you an offer but I just put down on a Paul Reed Smith, but next on the list is the les paul silverburst. Good luck and aloha, Jason. : I have a 1981 Les Paul custom silverburst guitar ,bought new , in mint condition,almost no use. It is signed by Les Paul with photos of him and my husband together as he signed it.can anyone tell me how much it is worth?And how to get the best price for it Thanks Pattie

Anonymous

looking for used Ibanez INF1 pickup or equivalent. The neck winding on this defective humbucker measures as an open circuit (not good!) The lower winding measures about 4300 Ohms.

Anonymous

: looking for used Ibanez please you gife it fpr exsample for five pickup guitar ibanez use i mean complate diagram how to wiring for that, thanks a lord

Anonymous

i have been playing acoustic guitars and never even picked up an electric. I think it may be time for one now though. I have about $400 to $450 for an electric guitar and was thinking about a les paul standard ( epiphone). But i have been noticing everybody has to change the pick ups and tuners. What are some other good guitars in the price range i should consider. Im not into heavy metal so the screeching high pitches wouldnt be needed.

Anonymous

I would recommend an epiphone sg-400 vintage personally because of the awesome awesome look and i’ve heard that the pickkups arent so bad. i was going to get one, but got a Gibson SG faded at a great deal. also, check out a fender standard strat. its a classic for under 400.

Anonymous

I would keep an eye out for Schecters. Many models have the same makeup (mahogony with a maple top) as Les Pauls. The pickups are much better than stock Epiphones, too.

Anonymous

I would recommend a Cort M-600. i bought one brand new for $375 last may and its a fantastic guitar. the pickups are better than the epiphones and the guitar just feels better. I also own an Epi LP and i favor the cort.

Anonymous

I am looking for a 1990 Les Paul Limited Colors Edition, if anyone has one for sale please let me know, thanks.

Anonymous

I have one.

Anonymous

Any takers??????

Anonymous

[The body of this post has been lost]

Anonymous

Don’t waste your time right now with multi-effects. Wait until you get a little more experience. They’re kind of cool to mess around with but until you know your sound and what you want to do they are a waste of money. Most of the low end ones sounds like crap. Very synthetic and no tone. You probably won’t be able to tell until you get more experienced, but one day you think to your self "hey, this sound sucks." If you need distortion go with a Boss Metal Zone or Digitech Metal Master. The other effects you probably won’t ever need…other than to just screw around. As far as cables go, just go down to your local music store and buy some name brand cables. Those Monster cables and all that other high end stuff….you probably won’t be able to tell the difference unless your in a hightech studio or midi interfacing.

Anonymous

I am trying to locate someone in the Houston Area that can teach me guitar, from the bottom up. Please email me with information.

Anonymous

I recently bought a Ibanez Rg and it has a Double locking (floyd rose) tremolo, the guitar tech in the shop set it up for me as i wanted it to be de-tuned down three frets, now i want to tune it back up how will i go about setting the tremolo up right i think i have to adjust the springs? any help would be great!

Anonymous

Ok, I’ll try to explain as easily as I can. Take off the plastic that covers the underside of the tremolo. You’ll see some screws mounting a claw to the body of the guitar. The claw retains the springs. Essentiall what you will have to do is to tighten these screws to put more tension on the bridge to compensate for higher string tension. It’s a pain in the ass but you’ll have to tighten the screws a little, tune the guitar, check the angle of the bridge, tighten/lossen the screws as needed, retune, over and over until you get it right. It’s a piece of cake but takes some time.

Anonymous

I cant seem to find a half decent preset for a metallica sound. Even with a lot of tweaking i cant find anything close.Any ideas?? Cheers

Anonymous

: Biselo me parezco encontrar un medio decente preestablecí para un sonido del metallica. ¿Incluso con los muchos que pellizcan de mí biselo el hallazgo cualquier cosa las ideas de close.Any?? Aclamaciones

Anonymous

Do u have the right tuning ? Because if not your not gonna get the same sound .

Anonymous

um, duh. the boss me33 distortions are crap, you want a mettaalica sound? get a mt2, take all the mids out.

Anonymous

Lately above a certain volume (9 o-clock or so) my 64 ac-30, (a year ago gone through by a tech and re-tubed), breaks up in a loud, unpleasant, and intermittent way. Like lightning static on a car AM radio. Faulty power tubes? thanks, FJ

Anonymous

i´m looking for some buildingplans of any guitar, but i couldn´t find something.

Anonymous

I’ve found it impossible to find free plans. But the guitars I build…well, I like to be original so I’d rather not use someone else’s plans. I’d rather buy a cheep knock off of a Les Paul than build one and save my self the trouble. As far as technical stuff goes, it’s really not that hard. If you’re interested I can give you tips and directions. Bob from Tremonti guitars is really helpful, too. [email protected]

Anonymous

Hey, I’m just learning how to play, and I broke my e1 string while tuning it. I managed to get a new string back through the gutair, but I don’t know how to fasten it around the tuning keys. Please help me! Thanks. 🙂

Anonymous

: Hey, I’m just learning how to play, and I broke my e1 string while tuning it. I managed to get a new string back through the gutair, but I don’t know how to fasten it around the tuning keys. Please help me! Thanks. 🙂 pull the string around the tuning machine (the full 360 of the tuning machine) , below the hole that your going to put it throw then wrap it half way around again this time above the hole now push the string throw the hole pulling tight then catch the string down where you strum it and pull it out away from the guitar this will tighten the string around the tuning machine now hold it like that with one hand and tune it with the other hand when you feel a good bit of tension on the string let it go and tune it up the rest of the way. Best of luck!

Anonymous

http://axe-class.tripod.com if this place really seems lonely? Nice site, ready for poeple with questions and discussions. 🙂

Anonymous

I’ve heard that it is possible to find information about your guitar from it’s serial number.. But i haven’t heard how. I have an old Yamaki and a vintage Ibanez artist i’d like find information on. So how can it be done?

Anonymous

My Ibanez Artist has serial B797224. When was it build ? Regards Kaj

Anonymous

:this is the serial number from a bas i wanted to purchase. I want to know facts about it. Can you help me out?

Anonymous

Vantage Bass Guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : Vantage Bass Guitars

Anonymous

i have an esp signed by all the members of metallica as of ’00. does any one have a clue how much this baby is worth?

Anonymous

i catch a guitar of kirk hammett on cunning stunts very cool biatch

Anonymous

: i have an esp signed by all the members of metallica as of ’00. does any one have a clue how much this baby is worth? around 400 to 600 dollars i was wanting to know is it for sell

Anonymous

For any stringed instrument musicians at any level, if you use or are thinking of using effects, recording, tuning…etc. devices tell me any inconveniences or irritations or any negative thoughts you may have while using or might be stopping you from purchasing such items. If you are wondering why I ask, it is for a school thesis project, I to am I musician Thanx a bunch!

Anonymous

: For any stringed instrument musicians at any level, if you use or are thinking of using effects, recording, tuning…etc. devices tell me any inconveniences or irritations or any negative thoughts you may have while using or might be stopping you from purchasing such items. If you are wondering why I ask, it is for a school thesis project, I to am I musician : Thanx a bunch! Hi It`s The fact that these effects with the exception of a few old ones. Preamp the sound it destroys the sound of clasic boogies,marshalls,ect I have talked to custom amp builders to so if they could make effects that were passive and have not got one yet. Good luck Bick tremontguitars.com

Anonymous

: : For any stringed instrument musicians at any level, if you use or are thinking of using effects, recording, tuning…etc. devices tell me any inconveniences or irritations or any negative thoughts you may have while using or might be stopping you from purchasing such items. If you are wondering why I ask, it is for a school thesis project, I to am I musician : : Thanx a bunch! : Hi : It`s The fact that these effects with the exception of a few old ones. Preamp the sound it destroys the sound of clasic boogies,marshalls,ect I have talked to custom amp builders to so if they could make effects that were passive and have not got one yet. : Good luck : Bick tremontguitars.com Thanx Bick!, You’re talking more of the effects units, not the individual effect pedals themselves are you? If so, I’m not sure how you mean. Is it because sound quality from your instrument through the pedal to you amp is diminished because of the pedal? or is it poor reproduction of a sampled amp sound? Cheers

Anonymous

Go to http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2384&item=2511998232&rd=1 THIS IS A AMAZING GUITAR IV’E PLAYED IT ROUND MY MATES HOUSE YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPOINTED AND FOR THE PRICE, IT IS SIMPLY AMAZING. Its perfect as a second proffesional guitar or a superb starter guitar. My mate bought it for over two hundred quid and now hes selling it for £60 in mint condition. Well worth it. I own one myself. Best guitar ive played.

Anonymous

some old classical songs, and songs from movies like "tum bin", "dilwale dulhaniya lay jayein gay"…etc?

Anonymous

: some old classical songs, and songs from movies like "tum bin", "dilwale dulhaniya lay jayein gay"…etc?

Anonymous

songs from movies like "tum bin", "kasoor" ect…

Anonymous

I recently built a guitar from parts. It has a Stagemaster neck, a solid washburn body, Kramer Quad Rails and a Floyd Rose from Mighty Mite. The kind where the strings load in through hollow tubes (not real common)instead of cutting the balls off and clamping. The guitar keeps going flat even with the lock nut locked tightly. I screwed in a metal spacer between the trem cavity wall and the block to keep the trem from pulling back, and loaded the claw with 5 springs just to try to eliminate the trem from the equasion. It still goes flat. The springs have been on for about a month and I have been playing it so they are certainly stretched out enough. I have heard that the lock not does not totally eliminate the tuners from the equasion, and that if the tuners are slipping then the tension on either side can be so unequal as to let the slack "leak" passed the lock nut to the guitar side of the strings. Is there any truth to this? Can anyone help me diagnose this thing?

Anonymous

I’m totally irritated with my floyd. How can I keep other strings from going flat when I bend? I was thinking of blocking the pullback and making the springs super-tight, but that seems extreme. I’m not a tremolo expert, but I know that my old Kahler never had this problem. I don’t see why everyone says floyds are the best. Help me understand. Thanks.

Anonymous

The Floyd Rose system is based on a KNIFE-FULCRUM or "floating bridge" system.The bridge itself is held only by springs and string tension while freely pivoting on the trem-posts.It’s extremely sensitive to neck and string tension.WHEN BENDING STRINGS the bridge will rock foward,increasing the string length,pulling the other strings out of tune! Also,if you pop a string,YOU’RE FUCKED!The whole guitar goes out of tune and you have to cut of the ball end of another string to replace it.Playing Live…you’d better have another guitar ready. THE UP-SIDE:Floyds can dive futher than Kahlers and you can do more tricks with them because they’re so damn sensitive! KAHLERS(well mine does)use a kind of roller spring aparatus thats housed in the bridge itself.The whole bridge is set into the guitar body and doesn’t float! So,it’s not as sensitive to neck pressure or string bending.However, it’s difficult to "dive" up because of it’s ultra stability and you can’t do as many tricks with it.If you don’t do a lot of "whammy tricks",this system might work better. Newer Kahlers(Spyder)are large blocks of metal that are so heavy,they can’t move. THE SOLUTION:With the Floyd,try adding an extra spring…maybe two.This should make the tremelo stronger and not float around so much. "WHEW",did I just write a book?? Good Luck

Anonymous

Hey could someone tell me one of the best electric guitars for under 200$? Just give me a rough guess. Right now I am looking at a Squier- Standard- Double Fat Strat. It’s a step up from my guitar. But could someone please tell me what is "fat"? Does fat mean the neck is a little bigger, or the frets are longer? Thanks for any help!

Anonymous

Does anybody know, how to log in/become a member at guitarfiles.net? The page asks for a password, but there is no info about it at all. It!s the best guitar-related mp3-site!! Tom

Anonymous

vorg guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : vorg guitars

Anonymous

Hi all, does anybody have any idea where i can find a photo of a Westone Terminator….. I have scoured the internet and have found lots of other modles but have yet to have found a terminator…..!!!!

Anonymous

hi do u now were i can find a picture of a bass guitarterminator…..!!!!

Anonymous

Whats it look like?

Anonymous

i just orderd a b.c rich beast 4 string bass and did not notice that on the web site it said it had an active pickup on it,i was just wondering dose that mean that it is battery powerd or dose it actually have to say battery powerd active pickup,or if there were two differnt kinds of active pickups!

Anonymous

Active pickups means that is REQUIRES A 9V BATTERY to operate. As long it is active, a battery is required.

Anonymous

Basically it means that you have to have a battery or it won’t put out anything. It’s cool, though, because one 9v battery will last you hundreds of hours of playing.

Anonymous

Hi. I’m thinking on install a Seymour Duncan PearlyGates humbucker as neck pup and a JerryDonahue single coil at the bridge on a custom made telecaster. Anybody tried this combination? Any recomendation? Anyone tried the JeffBeck model at the bridge? Many thanks in advance, Fernando

Anonymous

Hi Together, does anybody now, if it´s working a yamaha apx-guitar with a Marshall MS-2 Mircoamp? Best reguards Oldbeatle Olli

Anonymous

To all, I am currently assembling a list of serial numbers by the long defunct Daion company. If you have a Daion, additional info, know someone who has a Daion, or know someone who has any additional info, please email me at the addy above, or visit my website, Daions Online at :http://home.att.net/~daion/index.html Thanx

Anonymous

I have a Mugen Mk 1, six string acoustic. Serial Number 102613.

Anonymous

Hey ! I have a flame maple headhunter under my bed in the original case. I bought new in 1982. Great Guitar…had to make some modifications but have the original parts. I gigged and recorded with this guitar for years. People use to bust on me for having it…LOL

Anonymous

:I bought a Daion Power Mk XX back in 1980 barnd new in the most gorgeous translucent green finish. At the time, I was using a Les Paul Gold Top Deluxe which I thought was the ultimate – then I got the Daion. The only problem I found was the pickups had a habit of squealing like a banshee when used with a high gain/high volume amp but apart from that it was pure heaven. Unfortunately, I was forced to sell it a few years later due to severe finacial problems and I regretted it since – especially since they are so rare now. I had the luck to come across another Power Mk XX in a Tan finish and snapped it up without a second thought. I will e-mail serial number details soon. TIP: unscrew the control cavity on the back and you should find a number in pencil under the finish. Mine was 124.

Anonymous

: To all, I am currently assembling a list of serial numbers by the long defunct Daion company. If you have a Daion, additional info, know someone who has a Daion, or know someone who has any additional info, please email me at the addy above, or visit my website, Daions Online at :http://home.att.net/~daion/index.html Thanx Hi, I own a near perfect "the 82" Jumbo acoustic Daion, serial #, 825158 D. I was trained as a luthier at Taylor Guitars in San Diego. This older instrument caught my eye at a guitar shop in Crossville Tn. The condition was only one of set-up neglect, so I did my thing and WOW! what a great player. The brass inlays are different, and the maple binding is reminiscent of the early Taylors , the quality is much the same. I am glad I rescued this well made instrument… however I will part with it…. firm at $600.00 includes molded light-weight case and brass bridge-pins. condition is between excellent and mint. Thanks guys! good to see your site, regards, Anthony Zarola

Anonymous

I have an Dion Semi Acoustic, but i have this thing about 5 yaers and i don’t know anything about it, the frets are realy worn so have te put somebody put new on it. The Serial number is 830798.

Anonymous

BTW Daion not Dion

Anonymous

Hi, Happened to find your website on Daions. I have a "mint" condition "The ’78" serial 80032014 I bought for my wife in 1978 for her birthday. It was seldom used and has a couple of minute dings on the front (and a very light scratch on the back. These are only noticeable because the rest of the guitar is absolutely perfect condition. Bought it from H&H Music in Houston with a hardcase, for about $480. From a catalogue on another website, it would be the "Heritage" model, as it is cedar–a very beautiful piece of work. Its my wife’s keepsake–she would never sell it. Just thought I would let you know about this one.

Anonymous

Hi, I’ve bought a Daion Power Mark XX a few month ago in Paris. I didn’t know about Daion, but the guitar made me a strong impression on me as soon as I saw it through the shop window. So I enter the shop immediately and ask for a try. I was a little bit puzzled: on the one hand I never heard about Daion (so that I was saying to myself it could not be really a great instrument), on the other hand I became very enthusiastic while playing the guitar: the action was so easy, the neck so comfortable, the sustain so fantastic. And it was so beautiful ! I was understanding that the guitar was probably something rare. The price (about 850 Euros) seemed to me quite reasonable for a such quality (in France guitars have become quite expensive for many years) so I decided to buy it. A few days later I decided to have a look on the web to see if something was said about the mysterious Daion Power Mark XX and I discovered a few sites (and especially yours) that comfirmed my initial feeling. The model I own is the same as the one presented on pictures of Daion’s catalog, page#18 (great idea to make these pages available on the web). I’m really happy to be the owner of this model. I mail you back as soon as I have read the serial number. Cheers Roland

Anonymous

Hi there, Two years ago I bought a Daion Power Mark X serial number 820688. I bought for 175 Pounds (GBP). Like that French chap I was impressed and equally puzzled. It seemed too good. I have no intention of selling my Daion as I really love playing it. I am afraid I haven’t visited your site yet because I was too eager to write this message first. Please mail me if you want to know more. I can send you pictures as well. Marcel Fennis, Torquay, UK

Anonymous

When my guitar is in tune at the nut all notes are slightly sharp, mainly on acoustic! Does anyone know why this is and how to fix? Thanks

Anonymous

: When my guitar is in tune at the nut all notes are slightly sharp, mainly on acoustic! Does anyone know why this is and how to fix? : Thanks It means the bridge is too close to the nut. You can either adjust it further back, if it is adjustable, lower the action some, if that is adjustable, try lighter guage strings, or just live with it. If an acoustic guitar is old and the top is bowed, it will raise the action and cause this.

Anonymous

Morris Guitar. Help needed to Identify

This popular thread has been given its own page : Morris Guitar. Help needed to Identify

Anonymous

scanned guitar and bass tabs,backing tracks,guitar and bass forums,guitar axe gallery and more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Hi’ Just bought a beautiful Westone Thunder 2 Bass guitar in excellent condition. Plays well, looks great. Shaped case extremely tatty. Anyone got any idea of it’s value – I bought it for 50 pounds. Thanks email – [email protected]

Anonymous

i had brought my thunder a1 fot the same price , do you thnk you could draw me up a wiring diagram and send it to me.scott

Anonymous

ANYONE HAVE OPINIONS ON THE "METRO GUITAR"?? GREAT LOOKING AND SUPPOSED TO BE AN IMPROVED COMPANY WITH TOP STANDARDS ELECTRICALLY,PROCESION MAKING,SOUND AND QUALITY.AS GOOD AS ANY BIG NAME OUT THERE,EVEN BETTER?

Anonymous

Where can i get the crack for guitar-pro 4 ? Thanks

Anonymous

: Where can i get the crack for guitar-pro 4 demo Thanks

Anonymous

CAN YOU HELP ME TO FIND SOME INFORMATIONS ABOUT THE VERY NICE Les Paul Custom COPY NAMMED "VORG"? I KNOW IT IS JAPANESE AND WAS MADE BY PEARL (yes the drums). THANKS TO YOU BRUNO

Anonymous

: CAN YOU HELP ME TO FIND SOME INFORMATIONS ABOUT THE VERY NICE Les Paul Custom COPY NAMMED "VORG"? : I KNOW IT IS JAPANESE AND WAS MADE BY PEARL (yes the drums). : THANKS TO YOU : BRUNO IK HEB ZELF EEN AAN DE MUUR HANGEN GEKOCHT IN 1982 BIJ RUDI’S MUSICSHOP TE SINT-NIKLAAS BELGIUM(?????????)

Anonymous

hi i would like exchange backing tracks ; i’ve some of santana ,satriani,g.moore…

Anonymous

: hi i would like exchange backing tracks ; i’ve some of santana ,satriani,g.moore… Iam looking for surfing with an alien by Satriani!!Do you have it?

Anonymous

Check out some really cool guitars for sale: http://www.victormusicexchange2.com/Used_Guitars.htm

Anonymous

Go to http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2384&item=2511998232&rd=1 THIS IS A AMAZING GUITAR IV’E PLAYED IT ROUND MY MATES HOUSE YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPOINTED AND FOR THE PRICE, IT IS SIMPLY AMAZING. Its perfect as a second proffesional guitar or a superb starter guitar. My mate bought it for over two hundred quid and now hes selling it for £60 in mint condition. Well worth it. I own one myself. Best guitar ive played.

Anonymous

I have a brand new ovation model 1627 guitar. I know it has been discontinued for some time. I am trying to find out what it is/was worth brand new and what year(s) it was made?

Anonymous

I’m looking for this model, are you interested in selling it? Kindest regards, Giuliano

Anonymous

I have a crate amp head and a marshal cabinet. My guitar is a jackson. I purchased the crate last year. Ever since I got the crate, it has had a buzzing noise. The noise gets a little better when I move away from the amp; but not enough. I was told by others that this was typical of crates. I was thinking of buying a volume pedal. But my old guitar player had one and it reduced the quality of his sound. I like the sound of my crate and want to keep it but I need to resolve this. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Anonymous

: I have a crate amp head and a marshal cabinet. My guitar is a jackson. I purchased the crate last year. Ever since I got the crate, it has had a buzzing noise. The noise gets a little better when I move away from the amp; but not enough. I was told by others that this was typical of crates. I was thinking of buying a volume pedal. But my old guitar player had one and it reduced the quality of his sound. I like the sound of my crate and want to keep it but I need to resolve this. Does anyone have any suggestions? If you go to your local music shop they minght me able to help you sort out the problem. My guitar amp buzzes so im going to take it to my local music shop tomorrow Jonathan

Anonymous

i need some help on deciding if i should buy this guitar. its my first electric,,, so u get the idea. help!! any is greatly appreciated,,, so i dont spend my $$ like an idiot. http://www.music123.com/Item/?itemno=20382

Anonymous

It would probably be good for a beginner. Unfortunately once you figure out your playing style, likes/dislikes, etc. you’ll probably want something different and a little more high end. I would say go for it. For the money it would be a good buy.

Anonymous

I have a rogue guitar its a paul reed smith look alike. I was wondering what model it is and about how much i would probably get out of it?

Anonymous

: I have a rogue guitar its a paul reed smith look alike. I was wondering what model it is and about how much i would probably get out of it? — this model is a RR 100 or an RR 300, I believe. nice units, i owned one in the past. valued at about the same as Squire strats go for. If you want to sell, let me know Thx! MJV

Anonymous

vendo guitarras Ignacio Fleta y Masaru KOHNO

This popular thread has been given its own page : vendo guitarras Ignacio Fleta y Masaru KOHNO

Anonymous

Can any body give me some idea’s on where to find information on the procedures on making a guitar.

Anonymous

: Can any body give me some idea’s on where to find information on the procedures on making a guitar.

Anonymous

: : Can any body give me some idea’s on where to find information on the procedures on making a guitar. I would tell you if I knew how to!!

Anonymous

: Can any body give me some idea’s on where to find information on the procedures on making a guitar. HI Acoustic Or electric ? Eletric aint that hard to build with lots of patience Email me if your builden electric theres two must have books and a boatload of web sites. Bob tremontguitars.com

Anonymous

I’ve never come across a good source of free information on guitar building. I’ve just learned the hard way with a little wood working knowledge, theory, and common sense…for electrics, anyway. You might just want to start with a public library and see what books they have. It’s hard to buy them because most book stores don’t carry books on guitar construction and on the internet it’s hard to tell what you’re getting before you buy it. If you need any tips on making electrics I’ll give you whatever advice/help that I can. I just don’t have the shop space to attempt an acoustic yet so I can’t offer much help there.

Anonymous

I have a classical PCaballero that I can’t seem to find anything about. It is a great guitar but no one seems to know a whole lot about the maker.

Anonymous

I want to make my telecaster sound thicker, and more humbucker-like. I know this is a tough job to do, and if I really wanted to get that tone just sell the tele and get a humbucker guitar, but I love the clean sounds of the Tele. What I have to work with is a marshall Mg250DFX, a boss ds-1 distortion pedal, and a boss mt-2 metal zone pedal. Any help is appreciated, I’m just a little clueless that’s all. Rex

Anonymous

Hi I dont know what 2 say but I really feel sick , My guitar stoped working , I dont know what the reason , But I feel so bad I can do anything am afraid 2 fix it by my self , and no one here can fix it , coz I’m from Egypt , no power in my guitar , I wish u help or something coz I dont even have any money 2 buy a new guitar , it’s lead guitar it’s look like the fender , but it’s not fender , I was playing yeserday and my guitar stoped without any reason , Bye Hany .

Anonymous

You can’t really change much in the way of the guitar except the pickups. You could look in to single coil slot humbucker, or stacked humbuckers…and they’ll give you the humbucker sound. Or look in to EMG passive single coils, they’re pretty noiseless and have a good tone. Good luck

Anonymous

WHAT PICKUP’S WOULD ANYBODY RECOMEND FOR Heavy metal music, bands like Slayer Slipknot etc. I need a pickup with high output and lots of gain as long as there not Emg’s there the pickup’s im changing there a realy bad pickup wouldnt recomend them at all

Anonymous

High output high gain…Dimarzio X2N, Duncan Distortion, Duncan Invader, Bill Lawrence XL500…also check out the carvin line at carvin.com (they make some awsome humbuckers). If you go to Seymour Duncan and Dimarzio’s websites they have tone charts that break down their specs. Good luck

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Canora guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Canora guitar

Anonymous

I have just bought a Westone Thunder 2 Bass guitar in beautiful condition for 50 pounds. It plays well, and comes with a very tatty, shaped case. Was this guitar worth the money? Any information regarding this subject would be most appreciated – especially any info relating to the battery driven internal circuitry. Please reply to [email protected] Thanks.

Anonymous

You lucky person. I bought one new in 1981 for £275.00 Still plays perfectly and giged every weekend. I guess it is the through neck 24 fret version cos after about 6 months of production they chopped off the top 2 frets to allow more room for slapping/picking. Would love to buy it if you were selling. regards keith

Anonymous

: I have just bought a Westone Thunder 2 Bass guitar in beautiful condition for 50 pounds. It plays well, and comes with a very tatty, shaped case. Was this guitar worth the money? Any information regarding this subject would be most appreciated – especially any info relating to the battery driven internal circuitry. Please reply to : [email protected] : Thanks. Basically you have bought a bargain. I have owned a Thunder III bass from new (bought around 1985) which cost around £295 back then and has through neck, active electronics and twin pickups. The company that made them, (Matsumoku in Japan) also made Aria Pro II guitars. Westone build quality is hard to fault and I have heard people who know a lot more about guitars than me, say that you need to spend £600 or upwards to find anything better. May only advice is get a decent hard case for it – mine rewards this by staying in tune even after being in the case for months.

Anonymous

: : I have just bought a Westone Thunder 2 Bass guitar in beautiful condition for 50 pounds. It plays well, and comes with a very tatty, shaped case. Was this guitar worth the money? Any information regarding this subject would be most appreciated – especially any info relating to the battery driven internal circuitry. Please reply to : : [email protected] : : Thanks. : Basically you have bought a bargain. I have owned a Thunder III bass from new (bought around 1985) which cost around £295 back then and has through neck, active electronics and twin pickups. The company that made them, (Matsumoku in Japan) also made Aria Pro II guitars. Westone build quality is hard to fault and I have heard people who know a lot more about guitars than me, say that you need to spend £600 or upwards to find anything better. May only advice is get a decent hard case for it – mine rewards this by staying in tune even after being in the case for months. I also bought a Thunder III in about 85 – I got it because it was the first bass i heard which sounded great plugging straight into the line in of a mixing desk, so pirncipally bought it as a studio tool. However, once I got to grips with the complexities of the astounding number of combinations you could create through having active/passive electronics, coil tap, out-of-phase switch, pick up selection etc, it became my fave live bass, and has been my main fretted instrument ever since. Saw on another site that they were designed by an ex-Alembic employee! Build quality is very good – robust, well-balanced, beautifully finished. The Thunder IIIa had gold trim and a brass nut, the Thunder III black and poly nut, I think. A mate had the IIIa but it sounded the same (He’s still got his too!). If you get one, NEVER SELL IT!!!

Anonymous

has any one put emg pickups on a epiphone special?

Anonymous

Yes i put an emg81 on bridge with the preamp booster. It wakes the dead, rock on…….

Anonymous

: : has any one put emg pickups on a epiphone special? My first guitar was an Epiphone Bully, which is much like the SG Special. I have been looking up reviews and such for forever, just to figure out which pickups i want to put in it. Basically, from what I’ve read, EMG’s are the perfect pickups for any guitar. They’re hot, with fat tones, no hum, and great clean – you can’t go wrong. I should do ads for EMG. But seriously, they are a really good choice. And they’re sweet looking.

Anonymous

Don’t bother man, the guitar is a piece of shit, I should know since I have one. It’s a waste to put EMGs on it.

Anonymous

no, but i imagine it would sound ;ike putting them in a les paul special since they’re both made from mahogony.

Anonymous

hello, need help on the value of a gibson L6 serial #108545. Thanks!

Anonymous

I have this guitar that I have had over 20 years and have no idea what it is worth. Can you help. Really not looking to sale just like to know what it is worth. Yanaha GF-340.

Anonymous

How do I tune the floyde rose.

Anonymous

how do u adjust the bridge

Anonymous

Start by taking an allen wrench and loosing the screws that hold down the locking nut. Adjust your fine tuners (the screw posts stickin up on the bridge), to about a halfway position. Tune the guitar using the tuners on the headstock. When it’s in tune firmly tighten the screws on the locking nut. Then use the fine tuners on the bridge to do the fine adjusment on your tuning. If you need any more help let me know.

Anonymous

My father-in-law has an Alvarez acoustic/electric guitar, model number 5082, serial number 600878. He does not know the year of this guitar and wants me to find out for him the year and worth of it. He has owned it for about 10 years and it is in mint condition. Please help! Thank you.

Anonymous

could you please atell me the year and worth of this guitar that I found in the trash (and it works fine). It’s an Ibanex Roadstar 2 series, model # rs410, serial # K853360 Thanks!

Anonymous

Could anyone please help me determine what the current value of a guitar is that I own or what I should ask for it when I go to sell it. It is an Applause Summit Series AE28 acustic guitar – about 4 years old. Like new condition – used about 1 month. Any insight would be greatly appreciated because I know nothing about guitars. Thanks.

Anonymous

: Could anyone please help me determine what the current value of a guitar is that I own or what I should ask for it when I go to sell it. It is an Lotus. The only identifying mark is located on the back metal plate where neck is attached, L520BS. I bought guitar in 1982. It is in good condition and has always been supported by neck. Used very little.

Anonymous

gibson explorer 85 gibson custom shop with dimarzio pickup color white

Anonymous

gibson explorer 85 gibon custom shop with dimarzio pickup color white

Anonymous

gibson sg 88 showcase edition with emg pickup color blue

Anonymous

i need to download the february 2003 songs

Anonymous

Hello I’m looking informations on Semi-acoustic Ibanez AC 100 CS. Patrick

Anonymous

I have an old acoustic dreadnought style guitar (Aria, model 9420) I bought in 1977. It only cost a couple hundred dollars back then so it can’t be worth much now. But, depite its low cost, it has outstanding projection, especially base tones, and decent action all the way up the neck. Its in almost perfect condition having only been used for family sing-a-longs when the kids were growing up. Now, kids are gone and it sits for months at a time between being played. So, I’m going to sell it but I don’t have a clue how much to ask for it…can’t be much but I still want to ask a fair price. I’d appreciate some help. …..NaCl

Anonymous

I have a 1961 Hagstrom hollow body electric bass guitar. Does anyone know how much it would be worth today. Thanks

Anonymous

Im looking to buy this guitar at a pawn shop for 1500.00. It’s in great condition frets have little to no wear finish is good.Is this a good deal? please let me know as soon as you can thanks.

Anonymous

Hello, I am in a small underground band and we are recording our first demo cd. We are recording on a ZOOM multi-tracker, what is the best way to put it on CD? It says to use a digital or RCA input on a computer sound card, but I can’t find anyone with those kinds of ports. What is a cheap sound card model that would work? Is RCA or Digital better, and how significantly? Thanx, Johnny

Anonymous

Hi, I have the above guitar with serial number C812851, can anyone help with year of make and where it was made. It looks like full scale model but I’m no guitarist so I would not know the difference. Cheers

Anonymous

Hi Richard, do you have the daion 82? Bjorn : Hi, I have the above guitar with serial number C812851, can anyone help with year of make and where it was made. It looks like full scale model but I’m no guitarist so I would not know the difference. : Cheers

Anonymous

daion 82 jumbo

This popular thread has been given its own page : daion 82 jumbo

Anonymous

I have a 1975 (approximate year) Gibson L6S. One of the caps popped off one of the chrome grover tuners. I think there is 12 gears inside. I need a chrome cap. Where can I get one? Thanks

Anonymous

I’m trying to get into alternate tunings, but whenever I go to a website or something,that’s supposed to help, they just tell me to tune to "G" or "C". I know standard tuning is at the 5th fret on the 6th string and that Drop D is at the 7th fret, but where would I fret if I wanted to tune the 6th string to "C" from standard tuning, to "B", etc. etc. I don’t have a digital tuner, so I have to tune verything by ear. Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Anonymous

I have purchased a boss GT6 and am about to set it up Do i have my amp set as usual or do i set it as the manual with the trebble off and base off.I see in the global EQ they are boosted Does anybody have any advice or hints how to go about this they could share I am using a fender strat plus humbucker at rear and a roland jazz chorus head and four ten inch quad box Cheers Bernie

Anonymous

I have puchased a gt6.I cant seem to get a nice dry distorstion sound.I`m using a fender custom shop telecaster with a humbucker in the front.Can anyone give me tips in those settings?

Anonymous

you can downlaod patches from the net… mail me or add me to your msn for more info

Anonymous

I`d like to know where I can download patches for my gt6 from

Anonymous

: I want know where to find some good patches to my gt6 thanks

Anonymous

: you can downlaod patches from the net… : mail me or add me to your msn for more info

Anonymous

: : you can downlaod patches from the net… …., you say… Where ?

Anonymous

I want the sound that 12 string makes on Bon jovi’s song (wanted dead or alive)What i got right now dont sound like that.My 12 string is a Yamaha FG-420-12 .It is tuned to eE aA dD gG BB EE .What am i doing wrong?Can i tune the strings different?Thanks Kelly

Anonymous

You’re tuned right. find the music for it. its done in standard tuning and is a pretty simple song to play.

Anonymous

aloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Anonymous

bir sey anlamis degim vallahi

Anonymous

: aloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo baba ne oldu yaaa?

Anonymous

aloooooooooooooooooo nasil yani ya

Anonymous

aloooooooooooooooooooo bu ne yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Anonymous

nasil yani yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Anonymous

How can I configure Guitar Pro that the played tones are indicated red in the tab because the little triangle sucks !!!

Anonymous

GP4 claims to have a WAV exporting feature, but everytime i try to export a song to WAV format, the audio file comes completely empty. I tried changing each and every of my midi setups, but none of them seemed to work ok to be rendered to WAV. And i can’t use wingroove, ‘cuz my soundboard’s midi quality is way better. The ideal for me is to export instrument by instrument to WAV with GP4, and yet, i can’t do it. What should i do?

Anonymous

: How can I configure Guitar Pro that the played tones are indicated red in the tab because the little triangle sucks !!!

Anonymous

hi, i wanna know if i can improve the sound on guitar pro 4, it kinda sounds crappy, i like it, but its souinds crapy… i wanna add effects. can i do taht ?

Anonymous

i was wondering if anyone knows the year this guitar came from… it{s serial number is834406 … i know the new models are expensive .. i bought mine at a small guitar shop in santiago chile for 600 bucks… was it worth it ? thanx

Anonymous

I recently started playing the guitar and one of the sogs that I’m trying to learn has a vamp. Whar is that? If someone could answer my question I would really appreciate it. Thank you

Anonymous

Hag fans! I stock the special metric Saddle SCREWS for Hagstrom adjustable Bridges. I also stock the special metric SCREWS securing HAGSTROM Slide Switches to the pickguard on many Hagstrom Guitar and Basses. Thank you!

Anonymous

DOES ANYONE HAVE INFO ON THESE GIBSON’S FROM 2001.THERE WERE ONLY TEN SIGNED AND PAINTED WITH A X-MAS DESIGN.THEY WERE SPECIALLY MADE FOR A FUND RAISER AND THAT WAS THE TEN.WERE THEY ALL BOUGHT?WHAT PRICE ??ARE THEY VERY COLLECTIBLE???

Anonymous

I had won a bid for a Gibson Lucille signed/played by B.B. King years ago. The guitar has never been used except for the brief play by B.B. King because I do not play guitar. I bid on it because I am a fan and nobody else was willing to bid on it at the Oxfam auction. I no longer have room for it. I can provide pictures and I am will to show anyone that is willing to visit Miami. Marco $5,000 or OBO : DOES ANYONE HAVE INFO ON THESE GIBSON’S FROM 2001.THERE WERE ONLY TEN SIGNED AND PAINTED WITH A X-MAS DESIGN.THEY WERE SPECIALLY MADE FOR A FUND RAISER AND THAT WAS THE TEN.WERE THEY ALL BOUGHT?WHAT PRICE ??ARE THEY VERY COLLECTIBLE???

Anonymous

I have a Gibson Lucille that I will sell for $4,950.00. Please let me know.
          Marco

Anonymous

: DOES ANYONE HAVE INFO ON THESE GIBSON’S FROM 2001.THERE WERE ONLY TEN SIGNED AND PAINTED WITH A X-MAS DESIGN.THEY WERE SPECIALLY MADE FOR A FUND RAISER AND THAT WAS THE TEN.WERE THEY ALL BOUGHT?WHAT PRICE ??ARE THEY VERY COLLECTIBLE??? I have a signed lucille from a fund raiser i don’t remember the year or if it worth anything

Anonymous

: DOES ANYONE HAVE INFO ON THESE GIBSON’S FROM 2001.THERE WERE ONLY TEN SIGNED AND PAINTED WITH A X-MAS DESIGN.THEY WERE SPECIALLY MADE FOR A FUND RAISER AND THAT WAS THE TEN.WERE THEY ALL BOUGHT?WHAT PRICE ??ARE THEY VERY COLLECTIBLE???

Anonymous

Ken, You can go to BB’s website and see the article on the auction event for a research hospital in California. BB and most of his family suffer from diabetes and he supports thhis and other medical research. If you are in need of a signed Gibson Lucille let me know. I have 2 black, signed Lucille’s for sale. Eddie

Anonymous

guitar cords

This popular thread has been given its own page : guitar cords

Anonymous

westbury acoustic six string w5010

This popular thread has been given its own page : westbury acoustic six string w5010

Anonymous

Last week, I bought an used DC-5-Amp. The amp sounds and looks fantastic, but there is one problem. The channelswitching by hand or food causes a loud and noisy pop or crack through the speaker, even volume is zero. Is this a general problem? I was looking for schematics, but I wasn’t successful. Can anybody help me?

Anonymous

Im a beginner looking for a good e.guitar that ranges below $300. Can anyone advice me on getting a good guitar? My friends said Epiphone LPs are good but i need critics on it n other brands as well. Help?

Anonymous

I would start out by checking out musiciansfriend.com They have some good specials and sometimes free shipping, too. Epiphone LP’s are good but in your price range the pickups will suck really bad and once you start to understand tone and sound quality you’ll probably spend at least another hundred bucks for pickup upgrade. The kind of music you like to listen to will also affect the type of guitar you want. If you’re into heavy stuff you might also want to check out Jackson, BC Rich, and Schecter. I would also go to http://www.misicyo.com They have some really good deals in their Kramer line, I own one, spent $299 on it and it plays and sounds like $8-900 Jackson guitar. Gibson actually took over the Kramer line of guitars and they use pretty good hardware and materials. The tremolo has stood up to much more abuse than a cheep American made one and still shows no real signs of wear. Hope this helps. If you need some info on a particular guitar you’re interested in let me know and I’ll help you out.

Anonymous

I have a 79 Les Paul Custom #71629585, I bought used in 88. Chrome hardware, exept pickguard braket. Now hardware is pitted and I want to replace with the right stuff. Gold or chrome? And what are the names of the correct pieces? Also the color is a mistery,I thought it was a severly yellowed silverburst, but one guy said, its that cool green color. What were the options in 79? Any info or thought would be appreciated. Thanks.

Anonymous

The 79’s were good.I think that was the tail-end of the Kalamazoo era.As far as hardware,I’d look at chrome instead of brass.Acid from sweat,moisture,and pollution can wreak havok on brass.My ’77 has a chrome tail-piece and still shines nicely. Good Luck

Anonymous

: The 79’s were good.I think that was the tail-end of the Kalamazoo era.As far as hardware,I’d look at chrome instead of brass.Acid from sweat,moisture,and pollution can wreak havok on brass.My ’77 has a chrome tail-piece and still shines nicely. : Good Luck The serial number shows his ’79 to be a Nashville, not a Kalamazoo. If the last three digits in the serial number are 499 or lower, it’s a Kalamazoo….500 or higher means Nashville. So his S/N of 71629585 shows his guitar to be a 1979 Nashville with an approximate birthday of May 12th and it was the 185th guitar serailzed that day. That means his guitar should have Schaller tuners rather than the Grovers that would be on a Michigan model. Another big difference is that the Nashvilles had maple necks with a volute behind the nut, where as the Kalamazoos had mahogany necks and a bit smaller headstock. There are differences in the bodies too, but nevermind that for now. Gold hardware was standard on Customs, but they could be had with chrome hardware too. Normal colors for a 79 LPC were Alpine White, Ebony, Wine Red, Cherry Sunburst and Tobacco Sunburst, but I have seen them in a Metallic Silver/Black Sunburst, Natural Maple (with maple fretboard!) and Dark Walnut Brown. The reason I know all this is because I have one 79 and two 80s. These are often considered the least valuable Les Pauls because they aren’t made like the new ones (which are made like the old ones), but these are my favorite LPs. The maple necks are stable and durable. The tops aren’t curved nearly as much as the newer ones, so to me, they don’t look like drunk violins. In fact, there’s no recurve or inside curve to them at all. The top arcs from one side to the other…..fine with me. These are things that have kept their prices down compared to other LPs, but that’s why I have three of them instead of one.

Anonymous

What do you guys reckon, which is the better guitar, The Strat delux with the lace sensors or the Standard Strat???

Anonymous

I have an older Ibanez, blonde acoustic model M-340… Whats-it worth???!!!

Anonymous

Hey Dade, I have a 1980 Ibanez M 340 with the maple fingerboard. I’m amazed at the sound each time I pick it up. The action is a little high, but it’s in the process of lowering itself via Central Texas’ humidity — "Central Texas Neck." I’ve found a couple more maple fingerboard Ibanezes and they usually go for around three hundred to five hundred dollars–depending on condition. Hope this helps. Ciao, G.

Anonymous

: I have an older Ibanez, blonde acoustic model M-340… : Whats-it worth???!!! Hi, I own a M-340 with maple fretboard as well and also like to know what it’s worth and when they were exactly made, because mine has no serialnumber and that usually means that it’s a pre 1975 model. In the catalog I only saw a rosewood fretboard and I was told that mine is a little more rare. BTW, it really sounds very nice and I use him a lot, both on stage and in the studio and I have to point out that I also am the proud owner of a Martin D-35 from 1973…. Kind regards, Coos, UnderCover Studio, Zuidbroek, the Netherlands

Anonymous

hi i also own a m-340. im a french canadian and im so sorry for my english language. i think the acoustic ibanez, model m_340 blonde is evaluated at 500$ american the year of my guitar is 1980, very nice quality and wolds lowest action. Rare maple finger board

Anonymous

hi i also own a m-340. im a french canadian and im so sorry for my english language. i think the acoustic ibanez, model m_340 blonde is evaluated at 500$ american the year of my guitar is 1980, very nice quality and wolds lowest action. Rare maple finger board

Anonymous

Could anyone tell me if squire have ever made a standard fat strat in tobacco sunburst.

Anonymous

I purchased a squire strat bullet guitar from H&H music in San Antonio. Where can I get the litieture for the guitar?

Anonymous

I bought a squire by fender strat about two years ago it was sunburst at the time it was the best sunburst colour to be got the guitar is realy good as long as you change the pickup’s, mine was a INFINITY series i dont know if this is the right guitar or sunburst colour your looking for but hope it help’s

Anonymous

I have owned this 1963 Les Paul SG Custom since it was new. Anybody have an idea what it’s worth? It’s in great condition, no bad frets, neck is not warped, needs replating on the gold. Thanx

Anonymous
        Anonymous

Check out the SG website, it has low-avg-high values for different models/years.

Anonymous

DONT KNOW, BUT IF YA EVER WANT TO SELL IT …. LET ME KNOW… DAVE

Anonymous

Crossroads(Steve Vai) Mp3

This popular thread has been given its own page : Crossroads(Steve Vai) Mp3

Anonymous

will somebody give me the crack of EasyTab. i’m still lookin for that. pls help.

Anonymous

Ok Just set your windows clock on 2097 then open easytab and ejoy : will somebody give me the crack of EasyTab. i’m still lookin for that. pls help.

Anonymous

i need the crack of the new guitar pro version 4. i badly need it. pls help me.

Anonymous

I have a Gibson ES 175 that I bought new in 1991. This is the black with gold hardware model. The guitar still has the protective plastic on the pickguard. Played maybe 10 times, stored in climate controlled environment the rest. It is mint. Any ideas on the value?

Anonymous

thanks for all the help. BS

Anonymous

i have a Jackson preformer.. i have had it for 2 years and bouht it used for 350… what is it worth now?

Anonymous

My father has a 1954 acoustic Hofner archtop model number 457/s. I need to know how much it’s worth. If no one can answer my question directly, please give me a cite where I can find my answer.

Anonymous

Is cotton the part of the diaper that absorbs?

Anonymous

what is evolution?give the evidences of organic evolution with special refrence to physiology ,comparative anatomy and vestigial organs? .

Anonymous

: : what is evolution?give the evidences of organic evolution with special refrence to physiology ,comparative anatomy and vestigial organs? .

Anonymous

write what do you about the chemical evolution of earth and life?

Anonymous

: what do you understand by gradual speciation?explain different modes of this speciation

Anonymous

It’s worth about $19.95 if it’s in good shape. : My father has a 1954 acoustic Hofner archtop model number 457/s. I need to know how much it’s worth. If no one can answer my question directly, please give me a cite where I can find my answer.

Anonymous

: It’s worth about $19.95 if it’s in good shape. : : My father has a 1954 acoustic Hofner archtop model number 457/s. I need to know how much it’s worth. If no one can answer my question directly, please give me a cite where I can find my answer.

Anonymous

: : It’s worth about $19.95 if it’s in good shape. : : : My father has a 1954 acoustic Hofner archtop model number 457/s. I need to know how much it’s worth. If no one can answer my question directly, please give me a cite where I can find my answer. ::Do a google search , if you still have the instrument, and you will find a realistic valuation.

Anonymous

write short notes of the following? 1:critical analysis of darwinism? 2:objections to lamarkian biology? 3:ontogemy? ;

Anonymous

differenciate b/w taxes & refexes?give an account of a of them?

Anonymous

Gibson Guitar Identification

This popular thread has been given its own page : Gibson Guitar Identification

Anonymous

I have a guitar- Ibanez RG550, but i dont know what means a letter and numbers of his serial number F522… Dose every figures means somthing?

Anonymous

: I have a guitar- Ibanez RG550, but i dont know what means a letter and numbers of his serial number F151… : Dose every figures means somthing?

Anonymous

After i stupidly sold my JCM30 and Velocette, had no amp anymore. I have an opportunity to buy a second hand acoustic amp, a 100W Carslbro, for low price. Could anybody tell me if there’s a chance for getting good bluesy sound if i plug my made in mexico telecaster in the carlsbro (throug a tube distorsion pedalif necessary) ? Thanks. (Sorry for my english, I’m french).

Anonymous

i picked up a lyle F510 steel string acoustic (6 string) recently and wondered if anyone knows the value. Like most lyle’s, it’s better than it should be for a cheap guitar. (lyle was the maker for many low end arias and some gibsons, if my research on the net can be relied on). any info, discussion welcome. roy

Anonymous

: i picked up a lyle F510 steel string acoustic (6 string) recently and wondered if anyone knows the value. Like most lyle’s, it’s better than it should be for a cheap guitar. (lyle was the maker for many low end arias and some gibsons, if my research on the net can be relied on). any info, discussion welcome. roy Hello, I to have a lyle f510 it have owned it for about 23 years. Unfortunatly I am unsure of the exact value. If you have heard more please feel free to e mail me anytime.

Anonymous

here is my material:a lukeII into a triaxis into a 50:50 mesa power amp with 2 mesa 1*12 cabinet and i cannot find a good and warm funcky sound.I find the neck pickup position too hard even if i dig the mediums thanks for help

Anonymous

Korg PX4, any info ,webpages ,etc. ,about this product would be appreciated, the Korg site doesn’t have the Manual online ,I want to do more research before I buy, any reviews? clwonamhus200

Anonymous

Rog, I don’t know if you ever found the manual but I did. Go to http://www.korgfr.com/pdf/notices/noticePX4.pdf. It’s a big file but it’s the real thing. -Anthony : Korg PX4, any info ,webpages ,etc. ,about this product would be appreciated, the Korg site doesn’t have the Manual online ,I want to do more research before I buy, : any reviews? : clwonamhus200

Anonymous

Kahler International?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Kahler International?

Anonymous

does anyone know where to find an epiphone del ray

Anonymous

: does anyone know where to find an epiphone del ray? I am borrowing one for a while, but I don’t think he’s interested in selling. It’s a decent instrument, after I set it up properly.

Anonymous

I started playing a few months ago, and I am looking to buy an effects pedal. I play a Strat and I would like to get some raw early punk sounds like the Stooges or Ramones. Does anyone have any input on what I should get? Please e-mail me with any suggestions. Thanks.

Anonymous

i’m looking for an effect that sounds style garage-music like the velvet underground, the stooges, mc5, the strokes actally… thanks Ivan from Chile

Anonymous

Check out what you are buying and register your loss on the http:\\ItsBeenStolen.com Stolen Guitars database http://www.itsbeenstolen.com/HotList/guitar.asp

Anonymous

want to know that this guitar is not stolen before I buy–deal too good to be true

Anonymous

: Check out what you are buying and register your loss on the http:\\ItsBeenStolen.com Stolen Guitars database http://www.itsbeenstolen.com/HotList/guitar.asp

Anonymous

click link below, they are giving away $4000 worth of gear, for your info, came across it yesterday

Anonymous

I need some serious advice. I have two Dimarzio humbuckers in a guitar of mine. One is an X2N and the other is a hybrid. I’m getting a seriously annoying hum. It seems the more gain I have the more hum as well. So I checked and rechecked all of my solder joints…still have hum. I re-soldered all of my joints…still have the hum. I ran an extra ground wire to my output jack, and grounded it to all ground contacts as well…still have the hum. I changed out the volume pot, to no avail. Finally, the only way I can lessen the hum was to re-wire each pickup so that the coils run parallel instead of in series. It lessens the hum but it’s still there…it also lessens my output which I don’t like. I even tried to wire the X2N directly to the output jack, to no avail. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I’m tired of pulling these dang things out and wiring and re-wiring. Thanks

Anonymous

okay, so I got this guitar from a friend. My brother said he could fix it up, no problem. It’s just got one humbucker and one volume knob. I wanted a toggle switch so I could turn the pickup off completely in one position, have it stock in the middle, and run through a capacitor in the other position. Well, now I’m stuck with a guitar that doesn’t send signal to the amp. can anyone lend advice at all?

Anonymous

What kind of switch are you using?.

Anonymous

Hi again. I see hot rodded fat Teles use the DH-1 humbucker pick up. HOw does it sound? It is really Fender, or it’s related to some SDuncan or DiMarzio model. Anyone tried? Thanks in advance! Fernando

Anonymous

Hi. Sad by the little success of my las question… =:) Have anyone tried the VOX Pathfinder 10 little amp? It’s is OK (I mean, more than a good looking toy?) Thnaks! Fernando

Anonymous

hiya, ive been teachin myself to play for bout 4 months now but altho i can do quite a bit my main problem is in my strumming, when the chord is in the middle strings i always catch the top or bottom string and the strummin doesnt feel natural enuff to play comfortably like this. Any advice please?

Anonymous

Hi folks, I’ve been looking for either of the above old guitars for quite a while now, but when I see one, something always goes against me and I don’t get it. My dad has an fg300 in poor condition, but he’s restoring it soon. I’m in N. Ireland, so they’re scarce over here. I have the cash waiting for the right guitar. Any help would be greatly appreciated. many thanks, Davy

Anonymous

I have such a guitar..It is in excellent shape. With a beautiful case. what would you offer me. will send picture.

Anonymous

: Hi folks, : I’ve been looking for either of the above old guitars for quite a while now, but when I see one, something always goes against me and I don’t get it. : My dad has an fg300 in poor condition, but he’s restoring it soon. : I’m in N. Ireland, so they’re scarce over here. : I have the cash waiting for the right guitar. : Any help would be greatly appreciated. : many thanks, : Davy

Anonymous

: Hi folks, : I’ve been looking for either of the above old guitars for quite a while now, but when I see one, something always goes against me and I don’t get it. : My dad has an fg300 in poor condition, but he’s restoring it soon. : I’m in N. Ireland, so they’re scarce over here. : I have the cash waiting for the right guitar. : Any help would be greatly appreciated. : many thanks, : Davy Forgot to mention the model is Yamaha FG300. Greg

Anonymous

: I have a FG 300 I am considering selling. It is in great shape, plays great, sounds great. Contact me if interested Lance:

Anonymous

: Hi folks, : I’ve been looking for either of the above old guitars for quite a while now, but when I see one, something always goes against me and I don’t get it. : My dad has an fg300 in poor condition, but he’s restoring it soon. : I’m in N. Ireland, so they’re scarce over here. : I have the cash waiting for the right guitar. : Any help would be greatly appreciated. : many thanks, : Davy I’m looking to sell mine. I bought it used from an old timer in Vallejo, CA in 1980 who said it was the best he ever owned. It is in very good condition – the pick guard has started to come up on one side but this is a minor repair. It has the pink, white and green floral design on the guard. The body has only one small (appx. 1/16") fleck out of the finish on the back. It is in the original hard shell case and it has a strap. The next is perfectly straight and I can pull it out of the case and not have to tune it after several months. I don’t play it enough anymore to warrant keeping it. I’ll part with her for $400. You pay the shipping. I can send you a digital image of it; let me know. Greg

Anonymous

hi, im interested on your yamaha fg300 guitar could you tell me whether it still available or not if you dont mind, could you send the reply to my email pls? [email protected] Bram Malay

Anonymous

: : Hi folks, : : I’ve been looking for either of the above old guitars for quite a while now, but when I see one, something always goes against me and I don’t get it. : : My dad has an fg300 in poor condition, but he’s restoring it soon. : : I’m in N. Ireland, so they’re scarce over here. : : I have the cash waiting for the right guitar. : : Any help would be greatly appreciated. : : many thanks, : : Davy I own an fg160. I have not used for many years and have owned for about 24 years. Let me know if you are still searching.

Anonymous

: Hi folks, : I’ve been looking for either of the above old guitars for quite a while now, but when I see one, something always goes against me and I don’t get it. : My dad has an fg300 in poor condition, but he’s restoring it soon. : I’m in N. Ireland, so they’re scarce over here. : I have the cash waiting for the right guitar. : Any help would be greatly appreciated. : many thanks, : Davy I have a FG295s which is real similiar to the fg300. Exact same pickguard. Same headstock, bound neck , body, headstock, solid spruce top and more rare than the fg300. $350.

Anonymous

I have a fg300 in hard case, bought new in 1971, excelant condition, new strings if you are still intersted email me and I’ll send jpgs and info. sincerely Phip

Anonymous

: : Hi folks, : : I’ve been looking for either of the above old guitars for quite a while now, but when I see one, something always goes against me and I don’t get it. : : My dad has an fg300 in poor condition, but he’s restoring it soon. : : I’m in N. Ireland, so they’re scarce over here. : : I have the cash waiting for the right guitar. : : Any help would be greatly appreciated. : : many thanks, : : Davy : I have a FG295s which is real similiar to the fg300. Exact same pickguard. Same headstock, bound neck , body, headstock, solid spruce top and more rare than the fg300. $350. Hey Davy, I just found one of these yesterday at a garage sale for $75. This thing sounds great and is in excellent condition. The pick guard is a bit loose on one end but other than that it’s great. Just thought you’d like to know there are some of these out there. Mike

Anonymous

: : Hi folks, : : I’ve been looking for either of the above old guitars for quite a while now, but when I see one, something always goes against me and I don’t get it. : : My dad has an fg300 in poor condition, but he’s restoring it soon. : : I’m in N. Ireland, so they’re scarce over here. : : I have the cash waiting for the right guitar. : : Any help would be greatly appreciated. : : many thanks, : : Davy : I have a FG295s which is real similiar to the fg300. Exact same pickguard. Same headstock, bound neck , body, headstock, solid spruce top and more rare than the fg300. $350.

Anonymous

I also have a Yamaha FG295s which I bought in Belfast in 1980. I’m thinking of selling it. Anyboby got any idea of how much I sought ask for it? It’s in great condition. : : : I’ve been looking for either of the above old guitars for quite a while now, but when I see one, something always goes against me and I don’t get it. : : : My dad has an fg300 in poor condition, but he’s restoring it soon. : : : I’m in N. Ireland, so they’re scarce over here. : : : I have the cash waiting for the right guitar. : : : Any help would be greatly appreciated. : : : many thanks, : : : Davy : : I have a FG295s which is real similiar to the fg300. Exact same pickguard. Same headstock, bound neck , body, headstock, solid spruce top and more rare than the fg300. $350.

Anonymous

u guys, surely some1 has 1 they wish 2 sell! please?

Anonymous

can anyone please help me? I have a marshall head and I want to run it into a mesa cab and a marshall cab simultaneously. Howver, the cabs are of a different impedence (mesa=8ohms) (marshall=16ohms) What should the marshall head be set to, in order to run these cabs at the same time? Any help anyone can give me is most welcome, Best wishes, Ross

Anonymous

What is the ohm rating on the head? And are there two speaker outs? Or are you running the cabs in series?

Anonymous

: What is the ohm rating on the head? And are there two speaker outs? Or are you running the cabs in series? you can set the amp to 4,8,or 16ohms and there are 2 speaker outs, both of which will be used, any ideas? best wishes, Ross

Anonymous

I would set the the amp at 4 ohms. Rewire the 16 ohm cabinet to 8 ohms. And plug both cabinets in separately. The amp should make them run parallel and the total ohm load will be 4 ohms, unless it happens to be a stereo head or each out happens to be a separate channel. Let me know if you need any more help.

Anonymous

dear Jeeves, I need help on my project i have looked everywhere my project is due the 24th of this month please help and could you give me a picture to. thank you

Anonymous

: dear Jeeves, : I need help on my project i have looked everywhere my : project is due the 24th of this month please help : and could you give me a picture to. : thank you

Anonymous

: : dear Jeeves, : : I need help on my project i have looked everywhere my : : project is on how science is involved in electic guitars or just guitars for that matter. It is due June 3. PLEASE HELP Thanks

Anonymous

I have a ’60s or ’70s Electric Guitar that I bought at a garage sale. The person I bought it from said it is a Montgomery Wards guitar that was made by VOX. Unfortunately the guitar doesn’t have any markings or identification on it at all of who the maker was. Can anybody help? Thanks.

Anonymous

I have an old may bell acoustic.were can i find out how old it is ,and if it is worth any thing.

Anonymous

what are the major causes of feedback, i have an amp thats pretty new and when i try to use wah and full distortion it gives me major feedback, what can i do?

Anonymous

: what are the major causes of feedback, i have an amp thats pretty new and when i try to use wah and full distortion it gives me major feedback, what can i do? What kind of guitar do you have? Hollow, Solid are the pickups any good? Hollow body will feedback more than a solid body. Cheap pickups will cause this also.

Anonymous

Hmm.When cranking your amp try turning down the DIST. level on your box.Distortion is VOLUME multiplied anyway.You have AMP volume,Pedal volume and Distortion level,that’s way too much volume.In my opinion,the test of a good Dist. box is at low dist. levels. Good Luck

Anonymous

: Hmm.When cranking your amp try turning down the DIST. level on your box.Distortion is VOLUME multiplied anyway.You have AMP volume,Pedal volume and Distortion level,that’s way too much volume.In my opinion,the test of a good Dist. box is at low dist. levels. : Good Luck Try a longer cord fom the amp to the wawa!

Anonymous

Manual

This popular thread has been given its own page : Manual

Anonymous

Can someone tell me how i can use the modale scales when I improvise ? Thank you.

Anonymous

Modes are generally used as an alternative from pentatonics.Depending on the chord structure,you’ll hear which modes work best,when combined with pent. scales.There are some good books out there to help you. Good Luck

Anonymous

HI You All, I’m looking for a Floyd Rose Locking System. Anyone have one they want to get rid of? Let me know I’ll gladly take it off your hands. Thanks Paul

Anonymous

I have an old one from an 80’s or 90’s Washburn. I know for sure I have the floyd trem, the claw, and the locking nut, but I think I’m missing a screw from the locking nut and the springs. On a scale of 1-10 I’d rate it’s condition about 5. Let me know if you want it.

Anonymous

Hi, I’m looking for the custom audio electronics 3+ preamp manual! anybody?…… greetz, Ramon

Anonymous

Hi I am wanting to learn lead guitar and chords and saw this web site on Altavista Called Guitar 1 Rock n Roll.it’s at ( http://www.guitar1rocknroll.com ) The free lessons and studies look good,but my question is how good is this guy,is he really the best on the internet?

Anonymous

i have an alvarez yairi yb1 and i was wonderin does ne one kno a value on that? cause i am thinkin of tradin it in and i wanna kno how much i could get if u could mail me w/ a estimate i would be very thankful

Anonymous

: i have an alvarez yairi yb1 Looks like $1399 new with electronics Are you selling?

Anonymous

Hi,I am interested in buying this if available?Thanks,Marty

Anonymous

I have just refinished my 1958-59 Les Paul Special, Cherry, Double cutaway. Don’t blame me, finish was removed prior to me aquiring guitar some 36 years ago. I think it is absolutely beautiful. I even left the couple of little dings perfectly intact. My only question is that my Les Paul seems to be a screw up-by Gibson. The selector switch is way back behind the bridge not below it,,,, Above the Vol/Tone controls not in front of them. If ANYONE has or has seen a guitar like this, please contact me,,,, I have Plenty of pics to share

Anonymous

I have a Dimarzio x2n and a hybrid Dimarzio quadrail in my guitar. The situation is that I’ve never really turned them up that loud until the other day (my apartment is full of old people who can’t handle noise) I have a hum comming from all three positions on the selector switch. If I turn down the gain or the volume at the guitar it lessens. I’m wondering if Dimarzio high output humbuckers are naturally a little noisy or what the deal could be. Thanks

Anonymous

: I have a Dimarzio x2n and a hybrid Dimarzio quadrail in my guitar. The situation is that I’ve never really turned them up that loud until the other day (my apartment is full of old people who can’t handle noise) I have a hum comming from all three positions on the selector switch. If I turn down the gain or the volume at the guitar it lessens. I’m wondering if Dimarzio high output humbuckers are naturally a little noisy or what the deal could be. Thanks Hi I dought it`s the pickup prob, wiring most likly ground even if looks good check it`s contitnudeity hey I just found a new way to spell that word wrong . It`s a humbucker should have small amount of noise check the wiring carfully and go from there.As always good luck. Bick tremontguitars.com

Anonymous

Just for s&g I soldered one of the humbuckers directly to the output jack and completely bypassed all the other circuitry. The hum is still prevalent…even more so with high gain. I did the same to a duncan distortion I have laying around and didn’t notice quite as much noise. I don’t like the noise in the Dimarzio’s but I’m wondering if it’s inherent to dimarzio humbuckers?

Anonymous

Hello!! Can anyone give me some info on a Morris guitar, number 0805. I have recently come into posession of one and I would like some information on value, etc. Thanks.

Anonymous

http://tvtel.pt/webjb the guitar site in Portugal!

Anonymous

hey que más quiero tablaturas de cold play, matelica, nirvana y todo su genero pleas mandenmelas

Anonymous

: hey que más quiero tablaturas de cold play,radiohead mandenmelas

Anonymous

: : hey que más quiero tablaturas de cold play,radiohead mandenmelas y de oasis. gracias

Anonymous

: hey que más quiero tablaturas de cold play, pleas mandenmelas

Anonymous

: hey que más quiero tablaturas de cold play, matelica, nirvana y todo su genero pleas mandenmelas

Anonymous

: : hey que más quiero tablaturas de cold play, matelica, nirvana y todo su genero pleas mandenmelas

Anonymous

: : : hey que más quiero tablaturas de cold play, matelica, nirvana y todo su genero pleas mandenmelas

Anonymous

: : : : hey que más quiero tablaturas de cold play, matelica, nirvana y todo su genero pleas mandenmelas o indiqueme la mejor pagina (truble)

Anonymous

: hey que más quiero tablaturas de cold play, la de clocks por fa es que me encanta esa cancion y siempre la he querido tocar

Anonymous

simplemente la musica de cold play es muy interesante que quiero aprenderlas por favor mandamelas

Anonymous

: hey juego frío del de de los tablaturas del quiero de los más del que, matelica, mandenmelas de las súplicas del genero del su del todo del nirvana y

Anonymous

: : hey por favor si me podrian mandar las tablaturas de los de matelica, mandenmelas ,súplicas del genero del de nirvana y coldplay y de radiohead ; por favor , gracias

Anonymous

: hola sera que alguien tiene tablaturas de cold play, matelica, nirvana . gracias

Anonymous

quisiera tablaturas de cold play y de radiohead

Anonymous

partituras de radiohead

Anonymous

: partituras de radiohead en piano o guitarra de la cancion everything del album kid a porfavor lo he buscado en todos lados ustedes son mi ultima esperanza pleasess

Anonymous

: partituras de radiohead

Anonymous

: : partituras de radiohead

Anonymous

: : : partituras de radiohead de la cancion everything del albun KID A

Anonymous

How much is this guitar worth – ballpark?

Anonymous

can anyone tell me the difference from open coil and covered chrome humbuckers? obviously sound but for a semi begginer should i invest in chrome or coil?

Anonymous

It’s really more about looks than anything. However myself I use open coil. Because I like the look and I really cannot tell that big of a difference in tone. I however will recomend a few open coil humbuckers. I use Carvin M-22’s and Carvin C-22’s. In my strat I use Seymore Duncan George Lynch Screaming Demon.

Anonymous

what is a 40th anniversery strat in new condition worth?

Anonymous

i have ademo version of guitar pro and i would have the serial number

Anonymous

Go to seymourduncan.com Under support there’s a ton of diagrams and they’re easy to follow.

Anonymous

I need the diagram of the kustom 150 guitar amp. if you can give any informations thank you

Anonymous

Can anyone tell me how much my guitar is worth? EPI Model: ED-100 Searial #: 1121221507 It was given to my uncle some time in the late sixties-early 70’s Thanks, Daniel

Anonymous

What are the notes on a 05 string guitar?

Anonymous

: What are the notes on a 05 string guitar? Either your guitar is broken, or you’ve got a banjo.

Anonymous

Harmonica tabs

This popular thread has been given its own page : Harmonica tabs

Anonymous

I want to rewire my strat to have a single master volume and tone, and on/off switches contolling each pickup. Can anyone help me? Is there the option of parallel/series switching? Any advice would be great. Pls email any replies to [email protected] – subject "guitar solution"

Anonymous

i need some help on learning how to read tabs so any thing would hep so if you can help me in any way just write me at [email protected]

Anonymous

: i need some help on learning how to read tabs so any thing would help if you can help me in any way just write me at [email protected]

Anonymous

Sean, tab is simple to read, look in almost any guitar book that contains tabulature and it should explain it easily somewhere in the back or front part of the book, most books do some dont, i can explain further if you want, contact me on AIM, screen name is Kalifornia2010

Anonymous

Hi i am looking for a diagram so i can wire just one humbucker pickup in a les pual i intend on running just a vol and tone and no switch i figure if i am running one pickup there is no need for switching. regards alex

Anonymous

i was like………..strumming tons of power chords on the lst pickup…..and i guess i pushed the little metal things down….how do i get them back up?? –keen–

Anonymous

I have a little GT10 amp but there’s a crack in the sound it’s not the speaker does anybody know how to fix it greetz Jochem (the Netherlands)

Anonymous

the amp has to be measured to be repareid

Anonymous

Can anybody tell me anything about <a href="http://jimchandler.net/gibson1.jpg&quot; target="new window">this</a> guitar?

Anonymous

hello I want to know some websites that includes zoom505II patches does anyone know some?

Anonymous

: hello, desire to know as I can combine the effects of zoom50ÏI, to obtain effects of songs in advance well-known thanks for the answer

Anonymous
      Anonymous

is there any relatively cheep lefthand electro acoustic guitar out there to be bought but also good quality

Anonymous

Could anyone tell me how i can get a good slipknot or slayer sound from a 80w combo is there any pedel’s that deliever for this kindof music and what kindof gear does Slayer use? amps pedels etc.

Anonymous

my name is yossimar

Anonymous

could you give me a thousand pounds please

Anonymous

: Could anyone tell me how i can get a good slipknot or slayer sound from a 80w combo is there any pedel’s that deliever for this kindof music and what kindof gear does Slayer use? amps pedels etc.

Anonymous

hi, slayers useing marshall 2203 heads,rocktron voodo valve rack, and kerrys useing a boss rge10 graphic eq etccc.they also use emg 85 pickup for bridge, emg 81 also.

Anonymous

: ¿Podría cualquier persona decirme cómo puedo conseguir un buen slipknot o sonido del asesino de un 80w combo está allí cualquier pedel que el deliever para esta música del kindof y qué engranaje del kindof asesino utilice? amperios de pedels etc.

Anonymous

Slipknot uses Carvin amps,with Mesa Boogie heads.EMG are active pickups which eats batteries.The sound is in the effects I recommend Boss or DOD stomp boxes. I have been playing for 15 years. I suggest you watch Disasterpieces. Listen to the tech’s play on their gear and Root’s EMG’s due not sound near as good as Thompson’s Warlock which I think are Seymore Duncans.Slayer uses EMG’s however Dimebag Darell from Pantera uses a signature Seymore Duncan.

Anonymous

: Slipknot uses Carvin amps,with Mesa Boogie heads.EMG are active pickups which eats batteries.The sound is in the effects I recommend Boss or DOD stomp boxes. I have been playing for 15 years. I suggest you watch Disasterpieces. Listen to the tech’s play on their gear and Root’s EMG’s due not sound near as good as Thompson’s Warlock which I think are Seymore Duncans.Slayer uses EMG’s however Dimebag Darell from Pantera uses a signature Seymore Duncan.

Anonymous

i love his soloing tone

Anonymous

they use a shitload of pedals and distortions mixed and have marshal stacks and all that good shit but i have a 120watt combo(crate)and an ibanez rg and a digitech and it crunches really good i would recoment a digi its better than buying a buntch of pedals and spending lots of cash also i would get some duncan invaders or emg pickups.

Anonymous

: they use a shitload of pedals and distortions mixed and have marshal stacks and all that good shit but i have a 120watt combo(crate)and an ibanez rg and a digitech and it crunches really good i would recoment a digi its better than buying a buntch of pedals and spending lots of cash also i would get some duncan invaders or emg pickups.

Anonymous

: if this is slipknot u guys kick so much as i got all u’re cd’s exept for made feed kill repeat stay sick laterzzz.

Anonymous

: they use a shitload of pedals and distortions mixed and have marshal stacks and all that good shit but i have a 120watt combo(crate)and an ibanez rg and a digitech and it crunches really good i would recoment a digi its better than buying a buntch of pedals and spending lots of cash also i would get some duncan invaders or emg pickups. Well i have two of the above i just bought a Ibanez Rg and got it fitted with Emg’s same ones that slayer and slipknot use so what is the model name of the digitech pedal

Anonymous

the rp series have some good stack simulaters and the digitech metal master has good cruntch

Anonymous

If anyone has an MP3 of the guitar battle between Steve Vai and "Eugene" at the end of the film Crossroads i would be gratefull if you could send me it!

Anonymous

Could anyone tell me how tune a 12 string? I cant seem to get the 3rd and 4th sets right.Also, on an acoustic, do you tune it to concert pitch or so many steps lower. Any advice welcomed. Thanks

Anonymous

I use a Korg tuner,and tune all of the larger strings first and match the octaves by ear in standard tuning. However one of my friends also plays a 12string he tunes down to c#and capo’s up. He tells me that a 12strings neck can warp from tension. I have also heard this from quite a few guitar tech’s.

Anonymous

Hey i have a squire strat and its a bolt on,can i get .52 scale strings for it? email me plz

Anonymous

I like the strings to be light and easy on the fingers.Heavier strings seem to make a friction sound when playing power chords I use Fender 150SL which is guaged 08-38.

Anonymous

Kind of depends on your musical tastes and playing style. Some people like a loose sloppy feel and go for really light strings. Some like more depth and feeling and go for a heavier guaged set. The way it works is the heavier guage you put on the harder it will be to press the strings down but the more kenetic energy that will be converted to electrical output. The lighter the strings the less electrical output but you can press them down easier. If you hessitant about what to use just ask for a set of 9’s. Try them out and if you feel you want a little more uuummmphhh, the try 10’s next time you change the strings.

Anonymous

I urgently need a London based, HI life African guitarist for a paid musical project. Any suggestions by 1st March at the latest please Thanks Guy Michelmore

Anonymous

I hope some of you you can make this! Concert Announcement On February 27 at 7:30 pm, Brooklyn College (CUNY) will present electric guitarist Kevin R. Gallagher in a solo recital of contemporary electric guitar music. The concert will take place in Levensen Hall at the Center for the Performing Arts. Music composed by Steve Reich, Arvo Paert, Jacob TV, Scott Johnson, Leo Brouwer, and Marco Oppedisano will be performed. Admission is FREE. Travel Directions to the Brooklyn College campus can be found here- http://www.brooklyn.cuny.edu/bc/travel/index.htm A campus map can be obtained here- http://www.brooklyn.cuny.edu/bc/campmap/index.htm For more information please call (718) 951-5792 Kevin R. Gallagher (www.mp3.com/guitarmosaics) began playing rock guitar in his formative years but his musical appetite quickly led him to study jazz and ultimately, classical guitar. His talent for the classical guitar won him numerous scholarships and awards while studying with Benjamin Verdery at the Wisconsin Conservatory of Music and at the Julliard School under the tutelage of Sharon Isbin. He was the first-prize winner in the 1993 Guitar Foundation of America, the 1994 ASTA, and the 1993 Artists International Competitions. He also has the distinct honor of being the only American classical guitarist ever to win first prize in the prestigious Francisco Tárrega Guitar Competition in Spain (1997). After his studies at Julliard, Mr. Gallagher gave many classical guitar performances and masterclasses throughout the world, including countries such as Spain, Germany, Sweden, Greece, Turkey, Brazil, England, and the United States. He also recorded four classical guitar albums, the ultimate being an album for Naxos Records which was hailed as one of the very best NAXOS classical guitar recordings by Classical Guitar Magazine in May of 2000. In the summer of 2001, Kevin returned to his first love, the electric guitar. Since then, his goal has been to bridge the "contemporary" music concert and the "popular" music concert. Kevin encourages composers to write new music for the instruments of today – such as the electric guitar, turntables, synthesizers etc. This unique mix is widening the audience and interest for new music as well as educating composers who have not had the chance to study these modern instruments in a typical conservatory education. Mr. Gallagher has already arranged numerous works for the solo electric guitar, including pieces by Jacob Ter Veldhuis, Steve Reich, Leo Brouwer, and Arvo Pärt among others. He also performs chamber music, which involves the electric guitar in traditional and untraditional settings. For soundclips, please visit his mp3 page at http://www.mp3.com/guitarmosaics.

Anonymous

looking for adice on fixing a peavey ultra tube 410, whose symptoms include very little amplification[not the tubes]

Anonymous

Help Me, need guitar 4 pro crack

This popular thread has been given its own page : Help Me, need guitar 4 pro crack

Anonymous

is there any way to make my bass "talk" like Bon Jovi if so can you email me at [email protected] thanks

Anonymous

How do you stop the buzz in the back of the mesa boogie cabinet?!!!!!

Anonymous

Please ,someone send me guitar partitures of Donna by Ritchie Valens!!Thanks a lot!!!

Anonymous

: Please ,someone send me guitar partitures of any kind.Thanks a lot!!!

Anonymous

: Please ,someone send me guitar partitures of Donna by Ritchie Valens!!Thanks a lot!!!

Anonymous

: Please ,someone send me guitar partitures of Donna by Ritchie Valens!!Thanks a lot!!! There’s a family connection in the "BACKYARD BLUES BAND"

Anonymous

I’m looking for a Jay Turser JT-200 with the dragon inlay in red sunburst, but I’ll also buy Jay Turser JT-200s with serpent inlays if anyone has those. Thanks, Ben T. [email protected]

Anonymous

: I’m looking for a Jay Turser JT-200 with the dragon inlay in red sunburst, but I’ll also buy Jay Turser : JT-200s with serpent inlays if anyone has those. : Thanks, : Ben T. : [email protected]

Anonymous

: : If your still looking for the Jay Turser Dragon guitar, I have one. How much are you willing to pay?

Anonymous

do you still have the jay turser dragon JT200 for sale i realise it’s over a year but just wondering

Anonymous

Does anyone have the guitar Johnny Smith’s chord melody score to Moonlight in Vermont? Thanx for help.

Anonymous

: Does anyone have the guitar Johnny Smith’s chord melody score to Moonlight in Vermont? Thanx for help. I have a transcription given to me years ago by my teacher, Paul Guma. If I can get it scanned, I’ll send it to you if you send me your e-mail address. It’s missing some stuff because it doesn’t include Stan Getz’s part, but is fairly accurate as far as Johnny’s chords are concerned. Also, his solo, including the harmonic parts, is in the book "Johnny Smith Solos", available from Hal Leonard. But watch out! That initial arpeggio run is a killer! Mostly 32nd notes! Good luck. I visited Johnny several years ago, and he’s quite a good person, to put it mildly. Leon

Anonymous

I would like to know the value of my guitar. It has a silver disk in the middle. it was purchased in 1948 from a pawn shop. I will post a picture of when I get my camera back. Thanks Marcel

Anonymous

Hi, I’m told a Gibson ES-175 which has had its single coil replaced w/ a humbucker and another 2nd humbucker installed is from 1958.Seems OK, sounds fine, but has its jack connector on the archtop, near the volume/tone controls. I’ve never seen it there, always on the bottom. Has anyone? Comments? Thanks

Anonymous

: Hi, I’m told a Gibson ES-175 which has had its single coil replaced w/ a humbucker and another 2nd humbucker installed is from 1958.Seems OK, sounds fine, but has its jack connector on the archtop, near the volume/tone controls. I’ve never seen it there, always on the bottom. Has anyone? Comments? Thanks

Anonymous

: : Hi, I’m told a Gibson ES-175 which has had its single coil replaced w/ a humbucker and another 2nd humbucker installed is from 1958.Seems OK, sounds fine, but has its jack connector on the archtop, near the volume/tone controls. I’ve never seen it there, always on the bottom. Has anyone? Comments? Thanks Our Gibson ES-175 jack connector is near the volume controls. Do you know the value of the guitar? Thanks.

Anonymous

: Hi, I’m told a Gibson ES-175 which has had its single coil replaced w/ a humbucker and another 2nd humbucker installed is from 1958.Seems OK, sounds fine, but has its jack connector on the archtop, near the volume/tone controls. I’ve never seen it there, always on the bottom. Has anyone? Comments? Thanks Hi does it have serial number ? if so send it my way .Also after WW11 the goverment made volume and tone control makers put a numer on them that can be decoded if its the origanal volume pot and the numbers are readable it can be dated. This is hard for you mabe a mirror .The imput in the front I have seen, gibson did some wierd stuff the were all stoned and im not kidding thats why the numbering system is a mess .serial # and vol/tone pot # Then it can be dated.Be warned the value has taken a beating from the mods . bick tremontguitars.com

Anonymous

: : Hi, I’m told a Gibson ES-175 which has had its single coil replaced w/ a humbucker and another 2nd humbucker installed is from 1958.Seems OK, sounds fine, but has its jack connector on the archtop, near the volume/tone controls. I’ve never seen it there, always on the bottom. Has anyone? Comments? Thanks : : Hi : does it have serial number ? if so send it my way .Also after WW11 the goverment made volume and tone control makers put a numer on them that can be decoded if its the origanal volume pot and the numbers are readable it can be dated. This is hard for you mabe a mirror .The imput in the front I have seen, : gibson did some wierd stuff the were all stoned and im not kidding thats why the numbering system is a mess .serial # and vol/tone pot # Then it can be dated.Be warned the value has taken a beating from the mods . : bick tremontguitars.com Can you tell me the value of:Gibson, ES-175, #A12433? Thank you.

Anonymous

HAVE BENN LOOKING FOR AN APROXIMENT VALUE OF A FENDER MUSIC MASTER 11 MADE SOMETIME IN THE FIFTIES OR SIXTIES. MANUFACTURES ID# ON GUITAR IS 146882 IF YOU HAVE ANY INFO ON THIS ITEM PLEASE REPLY

Anonymous

It’s worth about $400.

Anonymous

HAVE BENN LOOKING FOR AN APROXIMENT VALUE OF A FENDERMUSIC MASTER 11 MADE SOMETIME IN THE FIFTIES OR SIXTIES. MANUFACTURES ID# ON GUITAR IS 146882 IF YOU HAVE ANY INFO ON THIS ITEM PLEASE REPLY

Anonymous

HAVE BENN LOOKING FOR AN APROXIMENT VALUE OF A FENDED MUSIC MASTER 11 MADE SOMETIME IN THE FIFTIES OR SIXTIES. MANUFACTURES ID# ON GUITAR IS 146882 IF YOU HAVE ANY INFO ON THIS ITEM PLEASE REPLY

Anonymous

i would like to know if anybody has a sustain effect setting for the "gfx zoom 707" i would be most thankfull if you could get it to me [email protected]

Anonymous

what was robert flemming jr. role in the invention of the guitar

Anonymous

tell me who invented the guitar please!

Anonymous

: tell me who invented the guitar please!

Anonymous

I envented it homies word peACE OUT YAYA

Anonymous

Tell me who invented the Guitar…Some people in my class wants to know who invented it too!!

Anonymous

i invented the first guitar bitch

Anonymous

tell me who invented the guitar please!

Anonymous

I need information on Robert Flemming Jr. Please provide me with information on this man. Thank you

Anonymous

POOP!

Anonymous

There is no such thing as the "invention" of the guitar. The modern guitar has evolved gradually, from the ancient Greek "kithara" to the 16th century Spanish vihuela, then to the classical guitar of the 19th century and now to the many different forms of the modern guitar.

Anonymous

Sorry to say ,,but the clasical guitar was around before the 19th century. It dates back to at least the mid 1700`s.

Anonymous

THE GUITAR HAD TO HAVE BEEN INVENTED OR IT WOULNT EXICTS!!!!!!!

Anonymous

: There is no such thing as the "invention" of the guitar. This is a void statement,as everything has been invented @ some point.I read that it was invented about 3000 B.C.

Anonymous

where was the electric guitar created?

Anonymous

Hi from Barcelona, Spain. I need help/advise on pickups for a Squire fat telecaster. I researched and see that one possibility is to get Fender DH1 humbucker (neck) and Fender tele pickups deltatone (bridge). Another possibility is Seymour Duncan for both positions (HB, SC) but I can’t choose the right pick ups from the info that is on the net…! Can you recommend a neck and a bridge pickup from SDuncan, RioGrande or the like, please? I’d like a sustained bell sound, very resonant but warm for neck, and clean bright for the bridge. Should be a pair that sounds good together too, if possible!. Many thanks in advance!!! Please, better email directly too. [email protected] Fernando

Anonymous

Hi from Barcelona, Spain. I need help/advise on pickups for a Squire fat telecaster. I researched and see that one possibility is to get Fender DH1 humbucker and Fender tele pickups deltatone (bridge). Another possibility is Seymour Duncan for both both positions but I can’t choose the ricght pick ups from the info that is on the net…! Can you recomend a neck and a bridge pickup from SDuncan, RioGrande or the like please? I’d like a bell sound, very resonant resonant but warm for neck and clean bright for the bridge. I need also advice on a combination that sound good together. Many thanks in advance!!! Please, better if email directly too [email protected] Fernando

Anonymous

Kurt Cobain Guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Kurt Cobain Guitar

Anonymous

Hi everyone… Could someone tell me where should i go with my fiancé to dance oriental & rai musik on london? please let me know… thanks

Anonymous

I am collecting Epi Les Pauls [ I can’t afford Gibsons ].There is a vast number of different finishes and models.Makes for enjoyable collecting. Does anyone know of a site with info on Korean made Epi LP’s such as a list of finishes, limited editions, serial # info, etc. The Epiphone site only lists a few. There are many different models available on e-bay that Epiphone and their dealers don’t list. Any other Epi LP collectors out there?

Anonymous

I have an Alvarez Yairi DY88PW which was bought for me in Phoenix, Arizona in 1991 (I live in Australia). I believe the model is no longer produced, and I have no idea what it cost as it was a gift. Does anyone have a rough idea what it might be worth?

Anonymous

I’ll buy it from you for $400

Anonymous

does anybody know whut kind of guitar system of a down uses? any help would be appreciated, thanks

Anonymous

Wildwood Flower a Guitar Song Popular for more than 70 Years Few Guitar Instrumentals have remained popular for over 70 years. Wildwood Flower was written in the 1800s as a Vocal. The song had been passed down from Mother to Daughter through the Generations. The Subject material in Wildwood Flower makes it a song for women to sing. In 1929 The Carter Family Recorded this Folk Song. Maybelle Carter took a Guitar Break on the Song. After Maybelle Carter took her Guitar Break on the Recording of Wildwood Flower, the song became a Country Music Guitar Standard, and the song was seldom sang again. Maybelle Carter played some Great Guitar and Auto Harp. Her Guitar Playing was so good that she established Wildwood Flower as a Guitar Instrumental that has been played by the Best Country Guitar Players for over 70 years. Merle Travis had a top 10 Country Music Recording of this song in the 50s with the Hank Thompson Western Swing Band. The Merle Travis Recording with the Hank Thompson Band has been one of the very few Guitar Instrumentals that has ever made the Billboard Top 40 in Country Music. Chet Atkins Recorded Wildwood Flower. Many of the best Nashville Guitarist have recorded Wildwood Flower. On MP3 COM the song Wildwood Flower has been at the top of more than one Sub Genre Top 40 Chart. It’s a song that is so beautiful that people continue to play it when they see it on MP3 COM. When I was a boy living in the Ozarks if someone played the Guitar they had better know how to play Wildwood Flower or they would only play once for an audience. In the Ozarks everyone who played the Guitar was expected to play this beautiful folk Song that Maybelle Carter Popularized as a Guitar Instrumental. Few Guitar Players in the world have ever played a song so well that the song was changed from a Vocal to an Instrumental. This shows what a great Guitar Maybelle Carter has been. Maybelle’s Daughter, June Carter Married Johnny Cash. Johnny Cash admired the Guitar Playing of Maybelle Carter so much that he had “The Carter Sisters and Mother Maybelle” booked to tour with him in the 60s. The influence of The Carter Family is Legendary in the annals of Folk and Country Music., Maybelle Carter Became a Guitar Legend when she took her Guitar Break on the Carter Family Recording of Wildwood Flower in 1929. By Robert Lee Johnson The Guitar Man And The Dobro Man http://www.mp3.com/theguitarman

Anonymous

I HAVE A SHITTY CRATE MX10 PRACTICE AMP AND A DIGITECH RP50 EFFECTS PROCESSOR….IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN COMBINE THOSE 2 TO GET A TOM DELONGE SOUNDING EFFECT?

Anonymous

Hi I recently bought a Ibanez and got it fitted with EMG pickup’s The same ones as Mettalica slipknot and slayer etc. use but they turned out to be not as good as id expected them to be they dont sound as good as the passive pickups and really REALLY LACK GAIN when muting the strings you can hardly hear the notes ring out at all.I play it on a marshall 80w combo on the distotion channel so what should i do you better these pickups i heard of the EMG afterburner which gives 20db more gain maybe that might help, any info at this stage would help thanks!

Anonymous

LoL m8 try getting a Distortion Pedal i recomend the DigiTech Metal Master i have EMG’s and 85 at neck and 81 at bridge and they sound SweEt through the DigiTech Distortion Pedal LoL i also have the same Amp 2 man and an Ibanez RG 270 🙂 !! get that pedal and it will sort ur lack of gain LoL

Anonymous

: LoL m8 try getting a Distortion Pedal i recomend the DigiTech Metal Master i have EMG’s and 85 at neck and 81 at bridge and they sound SweEt through the DigiTech Distortion Pedal : LoL i also have the same Amp 2 man and an Ibanez RG 270 🙂 !! : get that pedal and it will sort ur lack of gain LoL either the person who wired your pickups didnt do it properly or ur battery is dead for the pickups ?

Anonymous

Hi,i’m from malaysia and i like to buy the humbucking EMG pick ups!But i can only use the active ones!I don’t realy get it!so i need some helping hands! I like those machine head sound,where you and hear every note!Which i don’t get now!So please help me!

Anonymous

I am a huge fan of these bands I also learned the hard lesson. I put a set of EMG eighty ones in my Jackson V. It sounded awful what I done I replaced these with a set of Carvin M-22. Which sounds great alot of the bands you named use amps other than marshall. I almost wander if that has something to due with the sound. Slipknot uses Carvin Amps,With Mesa Boogie heads.Myself I also switched amps recently from Marshall to Crate. Pantra uses Randall amps.

Anonymous

Are the carvin’s active aswell and are they loud and crunchy : I am a huge fan of these bands I also learned the hard lesson. I put a set of EMG eighty ones in my Jackson V. It sounded awful what I done I replaced these with a set of Carvin M-22. Which sounds great alot of the bands you named use amps other than marshall. I almost wander if that has something to due with the sound. Slipknot uses Carvin Amps,With Mesa Boogie heads.Myself I also switched amps recently from Marshall to Crate. Pantra uses Randall amps.

Anonymous

Hi I recently bought a Ibanez and got it fitted with EMG pickup’s The same ones as Mettalica slipknot and slayer etc. use but they turned out to be not as good as id expected them to be they dont sound as good as the passive pickups and really REALLY LACK GAIN when muting the strings you can hardly hear the notes ring out at all.I play it on a marshall 80w combo on the distotion channel so what should i do you better these pickups i heard of the EMG afterburner which gives 20db more gain maybe that might help, any info at this stage would help thanks!

Anonymous

i just got an emg hz4 in the bridge of my guitar(ibanez rg)and it sounds really good and my friend just payed like 180 for the zakk wyld pickups and payed another 150 to get them put in and the passive hz i have sounds better than his active ones.emg 81/85 active pickups are good but not as good as everyone says and you get riped off to get them put in

Anonymous

Download free videoclips by: Coleman Hawkins Julian Adderley "Cannonball" John Coltrane Charlie Parker Dizzy Gillespie Boney James 1986 VII Festival Jazz Jacksonville (Gerry Mulligan, Branford Marsalis, Nick Brignola) Jay Beckenstein (Spyro Gyra) Sophie Alour and other great artists… section: Videoclips Jazz/Sax => http://spazioinwind.libero.it/gabrielesax/

Anonymous

Me, i fuckin hate rap,atleast pop tries a little,(music wise). But rap(hip hop lol) is shit, a retards can come up with stuff like that.. I sometimes practice for hours(learning chords,scales,modes), and then see some talentLESS rapper talk about his nuts and make more money than some of the greatest rockers of all time.. I guess the only reason to become a rapper is if you SUCK at every instrument and won’t prob never(or try) to become a musician. So i guess i’m stuck watching(and fucking listening)to assholes that make over every song, and then try to make there own(garbage). Well that’s my two cents, thanks for reading all this….

Anonymous

Rap is da bomb. you can dance to it, sing to it, and or course understand it. just becasue you people who hate rap dont understand it, dont say it sucks. just tell the truth and say you just dont understand. don’t be ignorant. rapping is a skill, you dont need any instrument. but with rock music all you do is yell at the top of your lungs and push each other around and do this weird thing with your fingers and stick your tongue out. and you call that dancing Aha!!!

Anonymous

WHAT DO YOU LIKE IT BECAUSE YOU ARE A GAY FAGET IS THAT IT DICKLICK?

Anonymous

well i see u have alot of animosity against rappers. that troubles me. i happen to be a rapper and i really dont like it when pussy fags bad mouth rap. do u not understand what we’re saying or somthing?rap is music rappers are the best lyricist. just because we dont play intruments dont mean its not music.well basically i would just like to say fuck u fuck u all fuck all u who dont like rap. oh yeah i hate pop more!

Anonymous

This is what really pisses me off, the complete arrogance and stupidity of sections of the rock audience, what astounds me more is that this is a guitar website! you’re not fit to call yourself a musician unless you accept all kinds of music, and evidently actual musicians (that is to say not the people who go around denouncing every kind of music they don’t like Beethoven sucks! Mozart sucks! cause i don’t like the music they wrote so that means they must be shit! As far as musicianship is concerned it doesn’t appear to matter, you never hear people saying that Nirvana were shit despite the fact that Kurt was scarcely a musician. You choose to ignore the fact that a lot of rap artists are very talented lyricists and that pop music presents some great session guitar players as technically brilliant as anyone in rock music. So in conclusion stop making an ass of yourselves! you’re embarrassing the rest of the rock music audience

Anonymous

I cant believe anyone listens to rap! Everybody in the rap music industry is a bunch of egocentric idiots that do nothing but sing (technically they dont sing, they talk with a rhyme) about their cars, their women, their money. I hope they look into the future and realize that when their children realize that their elder was a rapper, their children will think," I cant believe my dad did that stupid shit. What a pathetic loser. I can’t believe he thought that was music." Rap is the reason why society is so jacked up, and rap is the reason why our school systems are failing, rap is the reason for all of the drugs, and rap is the reason why so many damn couples divorce today

Anonymous

I would say that this discussion needs a little breaking down. First off for this viewpoint I think all music genres can be looked at as being comprised of 2 categories: catchy radio songs and difficult technical music. Catchy is the stuff that gets stuck in your head because it follows a familiar or easy to remember rythm. Not only rap pulls this trick, for example most mainstream music can be observed doing this, such as pussy punk, pop(I think vocal artists when I think this), country(most of the time) and 80’s mainstream hair metal. then you have your difficult music. Things like the guitar solos from pre-black album Metallica.(not that I didn’t like post-black-album Metallica). Music like the 7/8ths and 11/8ths timing used in Mudvayne’s new album, The End of All Things to Come. I personally value music which is difficult to play and dificult to take in because I find the experience of such music more engrossing. While I highly doubt that any rap falls under this technical category, I’m sure there are rap fans who might try to persuade me otherwise. I could see how talking(or rapping) very quickly and maintaining rythm would be a difficult thing to learn, although in my opinion not as difficult as learning to play guitar. But hey, I’ve never really tried it. But diverging from that issue, people are going to like different styles of music. I don’t really care what you like to listen to as long as you don’t try to make me listen to it. I guess many people probably enjoy rap becase they play it at dances a lot and they enjoy dancing, or it’s "good dance music". I really don’t enjoy dancing, so that’s of no value to me. Also I would think that techno would make better dance music, but that’s just me.

Anonymous

I HATE POP and rap! it sucks ass so hard! so i listen to heavy metal (HAIL SATAN) which kick arse hard! like metallica, S.O.A.D, tenacious D, him and iron maiden! i think all pop artists should be slautered in the most painfull way. while more rock bands are made. i think also r&b, rap and dance ‘artists’ sould die. You don’t need dance music, you can dance to ‘the rasmus.pop is unneeded (and sucks) all we need is: rock heavy metal nu metal goth metal punk rock sk8er rock grunge and satan. HAIL SATAN!!!!

Anonymous

Rap is absoltely the worst garbage to ever come down the pike.What really makes me laugh is these little suburban white kids who try to convince themselves and the rest of the world that they’re hardcore ghetto thugs.Give me a break. Sampling someone else’s music and yapping over top of it about killing cops or pimpin’ some ‘ho’ is the lowest common denomonator.I believe it’s lasted this long because the record companies have figured out that it’s cheap to produce(after all they’re stealing someone else’s music)and when one rapper gets to B.I.G. for his britches bring in the next victim.Repeat the cycle and rake in the bucks.Most Rap is by people with no talent, no brains and even less scruples.It makes Disco sound like Mozart.It makes hair band ballads sound like epics.Very little of this crap will ever be remembered even by the people who wasted their money on it.There will be a backlash against this garbage very soon and I can’t wait to be there to drive a nail in the coffin of this god-awful trash.

Anonymous

First off, your a dumd ass. you don’t even understand rap. just because you rap doesn’t mean your a ghetto thug. you probably dont even know what ghetto or a thug means. before you judge rap music, take a change and sit your ass down and listen to the lyrics. these rappers are rapping about things that happened in their lifes. but of course you wouldn’t unserstand. some pop music i listen i really like, because i actually listen to it instead of being stereotypical.

Anonymous

pOR fUCK u BITCH PICECE OOF SHIT BASTARD WIT NO DICK

Anonymous

For a minute, I will I diverge from the musical talent discussion, and point out the fact that rap music, in general, promotes VIOLENCE, RAPE and RACISM!!! Now, there are a lot of horrible lyrics made by a lot of different kinds of ‘artists’. However, there is nothing more glorified by the mainstream media than the ‘thug life’ of murder and EXTREME disrespect towards woman. It makes me physically ill to think about what kind of horrible things very young kids are picking up from rap culture. Thanks for your time…

Anonymous

I think rap is the greatest thing that ever happened to the world. I would giv anything to become a famouse rapper like Emimen. Some people have a talent to play instruments and others can sing or rap. It is not your decision to decide that everybody sucks if they can’t play an instrument.cause they have a hard enough time with out your shit.

Anonymous

I’ve been rapping for seven years havent found anybody to sponsor me yet but so go rap and screw pop. I want to become a famous rapper somebody please sponsor me. get in contact at [email protected].

Anonymous

: I think rap is the greatest thing that ever happened to the world. I would giv anything to become a famouse rapper like Emimen. Some people have a talent to play instruments and others can sing or rap. It is not your decision to decide that everybody sucks if they can’t play an instrument.cause they have a hard enough time with out your shit. I HATE C(RAP) YOU PEOPLE ARE AT THE SAME LEVEL AS THE BOTTOM OF MY SHIT STAINED UNDERWEAR! CRAP SUCKS!!!!!!!! BYTE ME!!!

Anonymous

I think rap is the greatest thing that ever happened to the world. I would giv anything to become a famouse rapper like Emimen. Some people have a talent to play instruments and others can sing or rap. It is not your decision to decide that everybody sucks if they can’t play an instrument.cause they have a hard enough time with out your shit.

Anonymous

Rap is for those who digg fat bass and tight funky beats, it takes skills to be a good rapper, you have to be able to drop fat beats. its not that easy, i just keep it real funky.

Anonymous

You are so right. I have nothing to add.

Anonymous

pop is nothing but white people bullshit so who ever don’t like rap are fuckin rednecks 🙂

Anonymous

Rap is nothing but black people..not that i support pop or racism in anyway, but at least pop sounds a bit like music. Rap is kinda crossing over into pop anyway

Anonymous

I hate popular rap but not as much as rapturous pop!

Anonymous

I bought my daughter an old Conrad Flamenco guitar, but she simply cannot handle the friction tuners. Does anyone have a solution? I have not been able to find any machines for nylon strings that are six independent tuners. Thanks.

Anonymous

: I bought my daughter an old Conrad Flamenco guitar, but she simply cannot handle the friction tuners. Does anyone have a solution? I have not been able to find any machines for nylon strings that are six independent tuners. Thanks. Pleeze: Don’t ever make another tuning-mec. Its an old original system. To make altarations could ruin the price of the instrument. Buy some special paste in a violin shop/repair/maker (-or cello etc). Take the guitar with you and let them show you.

Anonymous

how much is this guitar worth?

Anonymous

acoustic guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : acoustic guitar

Anonymous

I need help on how to change electric guitar strings. I’m broke so I can’t pay to have it done. Any help would be appreciated. It’s a fender strat and it has a wammy bar.

Anonymous

Basically here’s what to do. Start with one string and unwind it from the tuning peg, then pull it free. At this point I like to take a pair of wire cutters and cut off the string about six or eight inches from where it wound around the peg. Push the string out through the bridge. Put the new string in through the hole that the old one came out of and pull it all the way through until the ball end stops. Stick the end through the hole on the tuning peg. Essentially all you have to do is wind it, leave enough slack so that you get a few wraps around the peg or it will never stay in tune. There are better ways to wrap it around the peg but I can’t begin to describe them in just words. Use a little sensability and you should be able to do this with no problems. Just do one string at a time and put the new string on the same way you took the old one off.

Anonymous

I’ve got an old warlock rave 2 back from ’94, is it worth anything or should i keep hold of it, anybody? Thankx

Anonymous

I would hold onto the Warlock I have seen some from the later eighties going from $700 to $900.00 in pawnshops. Some of these even have the nasty hot pink finnish with a standard B.C. Rich headstock. It would be like getting rid of an old Kramer.

Anonymous

My penis’s name is jeff hes my friend he he he

Anonymous

i don’t eally know, but if ur gonna sell it, and depending on where u live,and whut the price is i’ll buy it.

Anonymous

I bought this guitar about 35 years ago new and have never seen another exactly like it. Anybody have any info on it? http://jimchandler.net/gibson1.jpg

Anonymous

I should have mentioned the mop inlay in the bridge and the "custom" notation on the neck. Course I know it’s a J-200. : I bought this guitar about 35 years ago new and have never seen another exactly like it. Anybody have any info on it? : http://jimchandler.net/gibson1.jpg

Anonymous

Does Anyone know the price of the new Yamaha APX-3? best reguarts Oldbeatle Olli

Anonymous

: Does Anyone know the price of the new Yamaha APX-3? £379 but i managed to get one for £279 : best reguarts : Oldbeatle Olli

Anonymous

: Does Anyone know the price of the new Yamaha APX-3? yah i have a new yanmaha apx-3 and it ccosted me 750$ canadian but it was on sale for 540$ canadian. now could you mtell me where to get information on my new guitar, because there is none ayt the yamaha website. is itr new or old?

Anonymous

How i can do to have a dirtortion like Tom Delonge use how i can ecualize???

Anonymous

: How i can do to have a dirtortion like Tom Delonge use : how i can ecualize??? Hi Why do you want to sound like someone else be original thats the trick to make the big time .look at the history of rock the next big wave will have a differnt soundm,somthing to think about. bick

Anonymous

: : How i can do to have a dirtortion like Tom Delonge use : : how i can ecualize??? : Hi : Why do you want to sound like someone else be original thats the trick to make the big time .look at the history of rock the next big wave will have a differnt soundm,somthing to think about. : bick you can’t go wrong with a boss ge7 eq peadal asimple commpreesorwill helpcontroll the tone so will a flanger and some reverb or delay you can’t get perfection out of just one box some of the zoom and digitech pedal doing a god job at achieving a lot of useful tmes

Anonymous

I bought a Suzuki flying v. Not bad condition but ther isn’t a serial# or anything on it execpt for the suzukie inlay at to top of the neck. I have spent all week on google just trying to sind some one with the same guitar. if yo know please pass on the info if you know a site send me the link. I’m not looking for estimates or value i am interested in when it might have been made japan/korea I have also been told that this is a lawsuit guitar(I known the fallacy of these clains. If it was a fender or gibsons I would have an easy time with this quest but I bought the suzuki that I fell in love with any help helps thanks

Anonymous

: I bought a Suzuki flying v. Not bad condition but ther isn’t a serial# or anything on it execpt for the suzuki inlay at to top of the neck. I have spent all week on google just trying to find some one with the same guitar. if you know please pass on the info if you know a site send me the link. I’m not looking for estimates or value i am interested in when it might have been made japan/korea I have also been told that this is a lawsuit guitar(I known the fallacy of these clains. If it was a fender or gibsons I would have an easy time with this quest but I bought the suzuki that I fell in love with. any help helps thanks

Anonymous

: I bought a Suzuki flying v. Not bad condition but ther isn’t a serial# or anything on it execpt for the suzuki inlay at to top of the neck. I have spent all week on google just trying to sind some one with the same guitar. if yo know please pass on the info if you know a site send me the link. I’m not looking for estimates or value i am interested in when it might have been made japan/korea I have also been told that this is a lawsuit guitar(I known the fallacy of these clains. If it was a fender or gibsons I would have an easy time with this quest but I bought the suzuki that I fell in love with any help helps thanks

Anonymous

Greetings: can anyone tell me the year of a Westone Thunder 1 basss I have.Serial # 2010143 Matsumoku Made in Japan.Any info would be appreciated. Thanks !!

Anonymous

:hi gus! THESE BASSES ARE AWESOME! I’ve got a thunder 1a dates from the early eighties. I need a wiring diagram, or digital pic of the switch wiring, can u help?? cheers andy b

Anonymous

I have a Westone thunder 1 with serial number 2081660 apparently the first number 2 means it was made in 1982 this info was found here http://www.harmony-central.com/Bass/Data4/Westone/Thunder-1-A-Bass-01.html

Anonymous

Im looking for a Daion guitar acoustic or eletric is there anybody out there who have one for sale please be so kind and mail me. Björn

Anonymous

I’v been playing with my band for a little while now and just can’t get a good solo with the changing chords or keys.. Im not that good, but damn im trying.. I’v learned alot of scales and modes, but still have a problem.. Can Anyone Help ?

Anonymous

ACOUSTIC IBANEZ V300BK vintage ??

This popular thread has been given its own page : ACOUSTIC IBANEZ V300BK vintage ??

Anonymous

im looking for either a mesa boogie dual or triple rectifier, either 2 or 3 channel version, doesnt matter. instant message me at xforgottenhopex if you’re interested.

Anonymous

If you want one go to ebay.com. They are all over.

Anonymous

Does anyone knows or heard something about Ibanez Jem 666 ? For Guitar Pro 4 you can try at http://www.zerahsxxx.narod.ru

Anonymous

Hey, I want to know anything and everything about Billie Joe’s sound. I know he uses his strat and a "modified" marshall amp, but how was it modified and what kinds of settings does he use? Thanks for your time.

Anonymous

I know that Billy Joe has his own Rob Cavallo customized marshall but I want to know what settings his uses to get such a crunchy sound. Although its not as crunchy as the insomniac sound I like the dookie guitar sound the best and thats the type of sound I want to get.

Anonymous

I just want to share with you all my happiness cause i got a new guitar a strato and it sounds really good!!

Anonymous

: I just want to share with you all my happiness cause i got a new guitar a strato and it sounds really good!!

Anonymous

Would you believe I am another one (DM)–who recently bought a Jimmy Vaughan! My second strat. Nice maple neck!!

Anonymous

Hi, I’m a guitarplayer, but since our bassplayer left us, I decided to sell one of my guitars and buy a bass and amp. Now I would like to have some advice; (BTW I live in Belgium and prices here are much higher than in US (double or more), and I’m on a budget). For the bass, I’ve already found a Fender standard jazz bass on E-bay; for the amp i was thinking of something small (70-120W), since we don’t have any gigs that I know of in the nearby future. I was thinking of a Peavey basic 112 or TKO 115, Hartke B90 or kickback, Laney RBW 100, Hughes and kettner L, …. But then I saw a SUN BETA BASS on Ebay, very old (it’s from +- 1970 I heard) but with 300 W on board and pretty cheap. It also has a Peavey woofer black widow with it. Is there a lot of difference between (in sound) the amps I named and this SUNN amp. Is it worth the risk? Is it really 300 W, ’cause in the reviews they’re talking of 100 W RMS ? and the woofer? Is it a sort of horn? And the bass, I’ve heard people say the MIM is only as good as a squier but twice the price?? many thanks! bArt

Anonymous

: Hi, I Run a squire 4 string out of a fender BXR100 15"sub 100wt. it is perfect. depending on your music style, youd be safe with one of these BXR100. I picked up mine used for $350.00 us. It gives a very deep low sound. i swear by it. I will also never trade in my squire! : I’m a guitarplayer, but since our bassplayer left us, I decided to sell one of my guitars and buy a bass and amp. : Now I would like to have some advice; (BTW I live in Belgium and prices here are much higher than in US (double or more), and I’m on a budget). : For the bass, I’ve already found a Fender standard jazz bass on E-bay; for the amp i was thinking of something small (70-120W), since we don’t have any gigs that I know of in the nearby future. : I was thinking of a Peavey basic 112 or TKO 115, Hartke B90 or kickback, Laney RBW 100, Hughes and kettner L, …. But then I saw a SUN BETA BASS on Ebay, very old (it’s from +- 1970 I heard) but with 300 W on board and pretty cheap. It also has a Peavey woofer black widow with it. : Is there a lot of difference between (in sound) the amps I named and this SUNN amp. Is it worth the risk? : Is it really 300 W, ’cause in the reviews they’re talking of 100 W RMS ? : and the woofer? Is it a sort of horn? : : And the bass, I’ve heard people say the MIM is only as good as a squier but twice the price?? : many thanks! : bArt

Anonymous

HI, I’m looking for a used Mesa Dual Rectifier (3 channel) head in New York City area. I can move to NJ. Where is a good guitar shop around there? Please contact me through my mail. [email protected] Thanx. Maury

Anonymous

I have an Ovation Model No:1112 acoustic roundback, standard bowl, 5 13/16" deep Deluxe Balladeer with case, both in great condition. Please tell me how much it is worth? Cheers

Anonymous

none

Anonymous

Help.. I recently changed strings on my jem555 and getting this thing in tune is a nightmare if anyone is familiar with the Lo-trs tremola system it needs to be level with the body of the top however the bridge rises up well above it no matter how low i start the bridge when I begin tuning. Also when I have the strings in tune and I lock them down those strings still go way out of tune again. If anyone out there owns one of these I would like to know what the the trick is to getting this thing tuned up. thanks Mark

Anonymous

: Help.. I recently changed strings on my jem555 and getting this thing in tune is a nightmare… Check the jemsite.com website , you will find setup instructions as well as problemsolving tips for your particular problem, I use to have a jem555 and had the same problem, the low-trs II is inferieur to the edge tremelo wich is on all other jem’s and new 555 models. Try some new studs for the bridge, and check the tremelo knife edges for wear, use a small round file if u have to. I got sick of it and sold mine couple of years ago, I’m planning to buy a new 555 with the lo pro edgde 2 bridge very soon:) good luck and keep on playing!

Anonymous

I want to start a band

Anonymous

ok

Anonymous

I have just bought a second hand v-amp… so far I’ll delighted with it so far… but how do I find settings? There seem to be downloads I can do, but I don’t run the amp thru the PC?? Can anyone explain or point me in the right direction pls?

Anonymous

You could check their homepage for info… I think there some stuff to download there and there should be some sort of info page on how to use it! http://www.v-amp.com/

Anonymous

Please if you have ay patches, please send to me i need those so much, please

Anonymous

AGRADESERIA EL ENVIO DE UNOS PLANOS Y MEDIDAS REALES DE UNA GUITARRA PAUL RED SMITH SANTANA SEMIELECTRICA.

Anonymous

I dont get this pull off thing… If it says in the tab like: p e—–4—— b———— g———— d———— a———— e———— Then your supose to pullof on 4th but then it wont be that tone it will be an e, then why dont you just pull off an open string on e becaus if you with your left hand pull off on the 4th then it wont be that tone anyway… Am I wrong? Just dont get it how to pull off… Please help me //Johannes

Anonymous

if the tab sats the number and has a p then yes it would be and e in that case,so you have fourth fret on the high e you hit that note and let go so it produces the open note….its pretty simple but kind of hard to explain

Anonymous

I’m putting together my first guitar and I’m almost at the painting stage. I think I might use tins of acrylic car spray but i’ve no idea how well it will wear. Does any body know?

Anonymous

I have a D-35 in very good condition that I want to sell. It needs a few minor repairs. Once those are done, what could I expect to get for it?

Anonymous

$1-200 depending on th repairs needed : I have a D-35 in very good condition that I want to sell. It needs a few minor repairs. Once those are done, what could I expect to get for it?

Anonymous

I have a single rectifier 50 watt head that i play very loud. My question is…Is there any way to get rid of the hiss and hum when not playing? Ihave a Rocktron Hush and that helps alot but there is still some hiss. I realize these amps are very high gain monsters but there must be a way to eliminate the hiss.

Anonymous

Does it make noise when your guitar is plugged in and you turn the volume on the guitar all the way off?

Anonymous

: Does it make noise when your guitar is plugged in and you turn the volume on the guitar all the way off? Yes, but most off that sound should go away if you have a grounded unit… It can also be that the guitar amplifier is really old and it wont get any better…!

Anonymous

What kind of guitar are you using, how old is it, and what kind of pickups and electronics do you have in it?

Anonymous

Just a rminder that I’ve posted a Quicktime + TAB lesson at http://www.guitarforbeginners.com It’s a finger style rendition of Shania Twain’s "Still the One", or at least the hookline of that tune. Good for finger independence. Look for the "Sample Lesson" link. Cheers, Kirk

Anonymous

need info on yamaki acoustic guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : need info on yamaki acoustic guitars

Anonymous

I was reading an article on a guitar site that said John Mayer and Dave Matthews(amongst others)are the real great guitarist of our time. By this i guess the person meant guitarist after, lets say 1980(if im wrong please correct me). The person was bragging "lets get our heads out of the 70s", and that were "too stuck on 70s music" and feel nothing today can compare. I agree to some point with that. I like alot of music thats out right now… But come on!! Can you really put John mayer with guitarist’s like Page, hendrix, clapton,Satriani, Vai and a few others.. I would like your views on this, though im not a matthews hater or anything, i just don’t feel many guitarist today are as good if better than some i refered to(60s-70s so on) But im sure alot are good today(i just don’t know that many) I do however think that Hammet(metallica), Morello(rage) and john(red hot chili) are really good guitarist. What do you think?,Any guitarist you like………

Anonymous

Few guitarists tell stories with their soloing. If they even bother to solo at all. That’s kind of the point. To express your self. Anyone can bang out riffs but not everyone has talent. Mostly, anything resembling a solo nowadays seems more like an interlude fill so the singer can take a break for a few seconds. I root for alot of the older generation; Vai, Satriani, Hammet, Zakk Wylde…even some of the lesser credited guitarists like what’s his name from ZZ Top. I guess, though, that this kind of stuff is excatly what every generation says about the new generation of music.

Anonymous

true true true i cant belive that all these new guitarists get so much credit when a handfull of them doesent compare to all the older stuff.i was inspired to play from listening to hammet and page and hendrix,im 15 yrs old but i cant stand listening to music with guitarists that play nothing but crutch cords and dont solo.people even put down older music for having solos!its rediculis how people think that if its before 1995 and has a guitar solo that its butt rock which just pisses me off……but i agree with you 100%

Anonymous

Dave Matthews, I agree, can never be considered one of the great guitarists of all time. He opened new doors in popular music with jazz-based chordal structure, but he doesn’t have chops. John Mayer, however, you’d be surprised. He is absolutely #1 on my list of new guitarists. The guy grew up on SRV, Hendrix, Buddy Guy, Albert King, Charlie Hunter, etc. He can rip with the best of them (a la SRV), and he plays basslines while soloing. I can think of very very few guitarists who are capable of that. Go check out his live work, for example his cover of Lenny or his guitar work on Neon on Any Given Thursday (his live album). Or else check out some live tapes. It’s true his popular stuff is watered down acoustic pop, but he’s got chops.

Anonymous

i play an american fender strat through a non tude amp. i have a couple of effects running through the effects loop of the amp and distortion pedal through the pre-amp. would purchasing a compressor/limiter with noise gate to run between the guitar and pedal and also between the effects loop and effects pedal make much of a differance? any help given, cheers in advance steve

Anonymous

Can i have a bass guitar and use any guitar poweramp? or does it have to be a bass amp?

Anonymous

It will sound best through a bass amp. Click link below for ideas for amps

Anonymous

You can if you plan to just jam at low volume. If you turn it up you’ll mess up your guitar speakers. They are made to handle higher frequencies with less bass energy. I have a bass that I jam through a 4×12 cab and it works fine as long as I don’t turn it up very loud. Ultimately, though, I don’t think it helps the life of the speakers. If you hooked up your guitar amp to a pro-audio or bass extension speaker you should be fine.

Anonymous

I’ve got a brand new Fender Hotrod deluxe amp and it sounds great when i’m plugged directly into it. But for the style of music i play, I need a different kind of distortion, more like a marshall style. The pedal i’m using now is a Korg GFX1000 or something. it has lots of digital effects that i don’t use and it sort of covers up the tube sound. any ideas?

Anonymous

I have an old fender blackface not hotrodded but a good amp. I use a Ibanez DS10 Distortion Charger and it workds great (as do others see reviews at http://www.harmony-central.com/Effects/Data/Ibanez/DS10_Distortion_Charger-01.html). Hard to find in local stores though. Worth the small price if you get one. : I’ve got a brand new Fender Hotrod deluxe amp and it sounds great when i’m plugged directly into it. But for the style of music i play, I need a different kind of distortion, more like a marshall style. The pedal i’m using now is a Korg GFX1000 or something. it has lots of digital effects that i don’t use and it sort of covers up the tube sound. any ideas?

Anonymous

What kind of music do you play? On what kind of guitar?

Anonymous

yamaki guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : yamaki guitars

Anonymous

Hi all, I need any info anyone can give me on these brands: Tedesco (sp?), Quest, Toledo, and Raven. I’m looking for info on electric guitars. Thanks, Jason

Anonymous

where can I get reasonable quality, free, midi backing tracks on-line?

Anonymous

try http://guitartuner.20m.com for great free midi backing tracks and free guitarist software

Anonymous

: where can I get reasonable quality, free, midi backing tracks on-line? sorry this link……… http://www.midi-tab.com/

Anonymous

: where can I get reasonable quality, free, midi backing tracks on-line? try this link!!!!!

Anonymous

: : where can I get reasonable quality, free, midi backing tracks on-line? : : try this link!!!!! http://www.midi-tab.com/

Anonymous

after finding out that the pickup i took so long to put in was made for neck position(they sold me a different one that i asked for)i swaped it for the trembucker put that one in and it sounded good but not as good as i expected.i just payed 90$for the screemin demon trembucker and a day after i put it in the duncan performer went on sale for 30$ marked down from 80 and i am now concidering swaping out again.i cant remember the model of the performer but it lookes just like an invader,my question is is this a good deal or should i swap it out for a real invader(the screemin demon lacked the output i was looking for and the harmonics wherent as good as i hoped. by the way my guitar is an ibanez rg made of basswood does a certian pickup sound better with different wood

Anonymous

http://www.seymourduncan.com/website/tonechart.shtml If you go the the above address you can look at Seymour Duncan’s tone chart. It will help you compare output as well as the tone strengths and weakness. Matching the right pickup to the wood can be tricky. Below is some information I’ve collected on basswood. I hope it helps: Basswood Several [Fender] Japanese reissue models use Basswood [as body material]. Produces a light (body wt less than 4 lb.) guitar though some people find the sound to be too "dark". Basswood is a very soft wood and cannot handle a lot of abuse (though who among us would abuse our guitars?). Ideal for loud high gain tones [when used as body material]. The sound is smooth, without many sharp edges. Attack is moderate and sustain is round and even. ( Rich Lanser: "The Quest For Ultimate Tone"; Guitar Player magazine; February 1992; quoted acc. to Michael G. Peck ([email protected]); rec.music.makers.guitar; February 7, 1994) For a solid color guitar it is one of the better woods. It is used by many well known large manufacturers. It comes from Northern U.S.A. and Canada. (exoticwoods.com; 1998) This is a lighter weight wood offering Strat bodies usually under 4 lbs. The color is white, but often has nasty green mineral streaks in it. This is a closed-grain wood, but can absorb a lot of finish. This is not a wood for clear finishes, and it is quite soft, not good for much abuse. Soundwise, Basswood has a nice, warm tone. [As body material.] (warmoth.com; November 1998) Strong Midrange, balanced tone and light weight. Light color and almost no grain patterns Basswood is best suited for solid colors or is excellent as a backing wood for a maple top. [As body material.] (www.suhrguitars.com; January 2000)

Anonymous

: after finding out that the pickup i took so long to put in was made for neck position(they sold me a different one that i asked for)i swaped it for the trembucker put that one in and it sounded good but not as good as i expected.i just payed 90$for the screemin demon trembucker and a day after i put it in the duncan performer went on sale for 30$ marked down from 80 and i am now concidering swaping out again.i cant remember the model of the performer but it lookes just like an invader,my question is is this a good deal or should i swap it out for a real invader(the screemin demon lacked the output i was looking for and the harmonics wherent as good as i hoped. by the way my guitar is an ibanez rg made of basswood does a certian pickup sound better with different wood Hi Yes a pickup Is very importing to the sound it plays a bigger role than we think I have learned this the hard way send me an email with the style music you play and I will try to help. Bob tremontguitars.com

Anonymous

Ampeg GT-10 solid state amp

This popular thread has been given its own page : Ampeg GT-10 solid state amp

Anonymous

I just bought an American deluxe fat strat. Can anyone recommend a good humbucker to place in the bridge position. Also, I would like to know if there is a better single coil to place in the neck/middle position than the vintage noisless pickups from the factory.

Anonymous

It mostly depends on the type of music you play and the sound you’re looking for. If you like the blues, I my opinion you can’t go wrong with a Duncan 59 for the bridge. If you like metal and/or punk type music I’d lean towards a higher output like a Duncan Invader, Duncan Custom, or even a Duncan Distortion. (can you tell I’m a duncan fan?) You could also look at the Dimarzio line. Both companies also make some pretty decent mini-humbuckers…browse their web pages and seymourduncan.com and dimarzio.com. They have tone charts that can help you pick the right one. Also, if you’re on a budget check out customshopparts.com He doesn’t make the greatest pickups in the world but for the price they can’t be beat. EMG makes some really good passive pickups as well as their actives. I have an EMG noisless single coil in one of my guitars and it sounds real good, w/o any of the noise associated with standard single coils. Good luck. The hardest part of selecting pickups is that you never seem to get a chance to hear what they sound like before you install them. If you have the money to spare, Guitar Center will let you make returns if you don’t like them and try something different, but they charge more than other sources.

Anonymous

1968: 0016c 1996: 00028ge(golden era

Anonymous

Does anyone have an idea of the value of a Martin 00-18G guitar? It is in fair shape for the shape it’s in. It is appox. 40 to 45 years old. Uses gut strings. Serial number is 167097.

Anonymous

: 1968: 0016c == $675 mint : 1996: 00028ge(golden era == $475 mint

Anonymous

: : 1968: 0016c == $675 mint : : 1996: 00028ge(golden era == $475 mint i do not know about the 00-16c but the 000-28ge is definitely worth more than 475.00 mint. at least 2500.00 and perhaps more depending upon demand at time of sale maybe as high as 3200.00.

Anonymous

Are you selling the 00-16C?

Anonymous

: Want to sell 0016c 1970 Best good(FAIR) offer

Anonymous

I have the Hendrix strap here,email me at [email protected] if you want to see a picture of it?,anyway,this is identical to the strap Jimi used at WoodStock and many other jams,I want to know how much these straps sold for new in the late sixties,and I`m wondering what this strap in worth today?,I wasn`t old enough to buy a strap in the sixties so maybe someone out there may know, thanks

Anonymous

: I have the Hendrix strap here,email me at [email protected] if you want to see a picture of it?,anyway,this is identical to the strap Jimi used at WoodStock and many other jams,I want to know how much these straps sold for new in the late sixties,and I`m wondering what this strap in worth today?,I wasn`t old enough to buy a strap in the sixties so maybe someone out there may know, : thanks

Anonymous

Hi everyone,I wrote an ad over a year ago and have received hundreds of emails with many questions and answers and it`s been a fun time,I still have the Hendrix strap and I have some update information for you as well.The Ace brand straps sold for apx $3.95 back in the late 60`s/early 70`s and a strap like mine being a "true" 1967 Ace Hendrix strap can fetch up to the amount of $1000 Canadian.Hope this helps some people out.Also if you wish to see a picture of mine strap I`ll be more then happy to send you a pic just send me an email today……lol

Anonymous

Who can help met with the bass riff in Fogerty’s Southern Streamline. I mean the downgoing and upgoing riffs. Leon – Belgium

Anonymous

i ve taken the strings off, but i have these pegs and they won’t come out of the guitar but my strings go through them, what should i do?

Anonymous

Just pull em out (gently) with a pair of pliers : i ve taken the strings off, but i have these pegs and they won’t come out of the guitar but my strings go through them, what should i do?

Anonymous

i ve taken the strings off, but i have these pegs and they won’t come out of the guitar but my strings go through them, what should i do?

Anonymous

I USE BOSS GT-6, HOW TO MAKE SOME…INCREDIBLE SOUND LIKE TOM DELONGE HAVE, PLEASE TELL… INEEED MORE DETAIL…….

Anonymous

: I USE BOSS GT-6, HOW TO MAKE SOME…INCREDIBLE SOUND LIKE TOM DELONGE HAVE, PLEASE TELL… INEEED MORE DETAIL……. BUY A MESA IF YOU WANT THAT TONE , AND PUT A INVADER PICKUP AT THE BRIDGE OF YOUR GUITAR. i PERSONNALY USE A BOOGIE SINGLE RECTIFIER WITH 4X12 AND A WASHBUERN WI66V WITH DUNCAN INVADER AT THE BRIDGE AND DIMARZIO AIR NORTON AT THE NECK.i GOT THE SOUND NOW!BUY MESA FOR EXTREME GAIN WITHOUT HARSHANESS AND MUDDYNESS.

Anonymous

Firstly, you need a guitar with a humbucker, don’t bother using any distortion pedals; his sound comes straight from the pickup to the amp. Try a marshall amp with these settings: Drive – 4/5 Treble – 6/7 Mid – 3/4 Bass – 8 Volume – 5 Reverb – 1 P.S. A Mesa/Boogie Triple rectifier also gives a great sound

Anonymous

: Tom delonge actually uses a mesa boogie triple rectifier on the red channel with gain at about 5 and a marshall jcm900 dual reverb for the clean sound with the gain at 10. but the reason hid guitar is not so distorted is because he only has the volume on his guitar up a little as i was told. but as for your boss gt-6 im sorry but i cant help you get a sound like toms from that. sorry!

Anonymous

dude it is true that to get an exact sound to ton’s will cost a lot but there are some fender amps that i have seen that have an overdrive sound EXACTLY like the one used in dammit on dude ranch. i have seen 2 people with them. i am not sure wut kind of fender amps but i can assure u they aren’t the $1000 amps more like few hundred. i was amazed on how much i sounded like tom when my friend let me use his amp and said use overdrive and play dammit it’s exactly the same.

Anonymous

sorry there fender182 but you’re wrong, that’s what tom used to play he no longer uses that rig, now he uses his triple recto head with a marshall jmp-1 preamp and i am not sure of the others in there, i think maybe a mesa and marshall poweramp and maybe a mesa tri-axis preamp, i forget, and to the first guy, sorry dude unless you have a few thousand dollars you will get a sound nothing like tom’s what so ever

Anonymous

i use a marshall mg amps n i have a fender tom sig..i get a wicked sound out of it, just like toms on most songs

Anonymous

Hey I know what you can do with that tax return! I’ve got one hell of an awesome guitar on e-bay so vist and bid or buy it now to win. what else you gonna do buy a new guitar with a plastic nut bridge pins? no your gona buy an awesome guitar….enjoy

Anonymous

Please if you have any me-6 tones send to me, i had some little problems with the standard patches, i don’t know, please, send to me!!!!!!

Anonymous

Robert Flemming Jr.

This popular thread has been given its own page : Robert Flemming Jr.

Anonymous

I need the history of Robert Flemmings Jr.’s claim to have invented the guitar on March 3, 1886

Anonymous

: I need the history of Robert Flemmings Jr.’s claim to have invented the guitar on March 3, 1886 me 2 cause i have to do a report I cant find nuttin but some guitars that dont make sense.

Anonymous

: I need the history of Robert Flemmings Jr.’s claim to have invented the guitar on March 3, 1886 Inedd to know what inspired Robert Flemmings and how he enhanced the guitar string

Anonymous

: I need the history and a picture of Robert Flemmings Jr.’s claim to have invented the guitar on March 3, 1886

Anonymous

Hi guys, anybody have this pedal? I got mine used, must be at least 25 years old and sounds beautifully. It has rocker pedal which controls amount of gain.

Anonymous

I have one for sale ita a beauty!

Anonymous

Yes I have it… I also think it sounds really beautifully… We’re probably two of the few lucky owners of that pedal…

Anonymous

I’ve used mine like a crutch since 1981 and am ready for another one..but they are hard to find!

Anonymous

I’ve got one of those too. What kind of AC adaptor does it need, (how many mA?)

Anonymous

hi i want to get a gutair aucstic and with nylon strings can you give me prices. & i wanna do the drums how much for a cool drum set. thanks Megan

Anonymous

: hi i want to get a gutair aucstic and with nylon strings can you give me prices. : & i wanna do the drums how much for a cool drum set. : thanks Megan I want a black gutar that dosen’t cost alot

Anonymous

: hi i want to get a v gutair. that is black. and not alot of mony

Anonymous

Hello my name is mike and i wanna play the bass and i am looking for a bass with nylon strings.\ and i dont wanna pay alot of money so if u could can u email me some pictures and prices and also i am wondering if u guys give lessons cus i wanna learn hoe to play the bass cus my friend was gonna teach me but my mom wants me too get lessons, so if u guys have lessons could u guys send me an email on prices and stuff.. thank u alot bye

Anonymous

can u please send me pictures of good gutairs

Anonymous

For all of those posting messages. Sorry, but no one here is going to give you answers to where it came from or who did it. Neither are they going to give you apporximate worth or value of the instrument. Look down the posts. No one answers. If you want to identify it then go to the manufacturer.

Anonymous

Here follows a brief Timeline. 1265 Juan Gil of Zamora mentions the early guitar in "Ars Musica. 1283-1350 Guitarra Latina & Guitar Moresca are mentioned multiple times in the poems of the Archpriest of Hita 1306 A "gitarer" was played at the Feast of Westminster in England 1404 "Der mynnen regein" by Eberhard Von Cersne makes reference to a "quinterne." 1487 Johannes Tinctoris described the guitarra as being invented by the Catalans. This refers to the four course guitar. Each course represents one pair of double strings. 1546 "Tres Libros de Musica en Cifras para Vihuela" by Alonso Mudarra is the first publication to include music for guitar. 1551-1555 Nine books of tablature were published by Adrian Le Roy. These include the first pieces for 5 course guitar. The addition of the fifth course was attributed to Vicente Espinel 1600-1650 Many publications of tablature for the guitar. It’s popularity begins to rival the lute. 1674 Publication of "Guitarre Royal" by F. Corbetta increased the guitar’s popularity. It was dedicated to Louis XIV. 1770-1800 A sixth string was added to the guitar and the courses were replaced by single strings. 1800-1850 Guitar enjoyed a large popularity both in performances and publishing. Fernando Sor, Mauro Guiliani, Matteo Carcassi and Dioniso Aguado all performed, taught, wrote and had published their compositions. 1850-1892 Guitar maker Manual Torres develops the larger more resonant instrument we know today. 1916 Segovia performs at Ateneo, the most important concert hall in Madrid. Before this it was thought that the guitar did not have the volume for this type of venue. 1946 Nylon replaces gut as a string material

Anonymous

why can’t i just surf the web and look for history. for some people history is just as enjoyable. and its not really value that matters. this thing is old.

Anonymous

i would appreciate any feedback on the Zoom 8080 efx foot controller.. thanks

Anonymous

i’m looking for a 22 fret maple neck for my bc rich. i dont care which way the headstock goes . i would like a U.S.A. neck only!! i dont care about the tuning keys and stuff, i just want a neck thats in good shape so i can go through it. thanks!!!!!!

Anonymous

does anyone know what size fret wire is in a U.S.A. bc rich gunslinger? this neck is a LA. california reverse headstock 22 fret maple neck. ANY INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Sorry I messed up I have a peavey T-20 bass. Well sort of I have the neck, the, body, and the pick guard. Can any one sell me the rest of the parts, or can any one tell me where I can buy some? Eric

Anonymous

I have a peavey T-20 bass. Well sort of I have the neck, the, body, and the pick guard. Can any one sell me the rest of the parts, or can any one tell me where I can? Eric

Anonymous

roy smeck

This popular thread has been given its own page : roy smeck

Anonymous

Please anyone, Aprox value of a ’66 EB-6 (Solid Body) Gibson bass, (from high to low ball)? Thanks much, Philthy

Anonymous

: Please anyone, Aprox value of a ’66 EB-6 (Solid Body) Gibson bass, (from high to low ball)? : Thanks much, Hi my blue book is 2 years old so factor that in prices have gone up sharply. $1250.oo mint $750 at 60% conditon my feeling is it`s worth more this book low balls a bit it`s for music stores to screw you with sad but true.good luck!!!!! bick tremontguitars.com : Philthy

Anonymous

: Hi my blue book is 2 years old so factor that in prices have gone up sharply. $1250.oo mint $750 at 60% conditon my feeling is it`s worth more this book low balls a bit it`s for music stores to screw you with sad but true.good luck!!!!! : bick tremontguitars.com Thanks for that info Rob, it’s much appreciated. I plan to put this one on ebay eventually, and use the proceeds to buy a SG Standard..(long time wish!). At least now I have some idea of it’s approximate value. Best Regards, Philthy

Anonymous

Have MB Maverick that seems to be stuck on a volume of ten and will not come down at all. Any guesses to what is doing this? Thanks

Anonymous

: Have MB Maverick that seems to be stuck on a volume of ten and will not come down at all. Any guesses to what is doing this? Thanks Hi sounds cool for speed metal 🙂 It would be my guess it`s the volume pot .Somtimes they shit the bed should be easy fix for repair man if you live in NH lustone.com great boogie man.good luck bick tremontguitars.com

Anonymous

Hi fellows, Have anybody hear about the Palmer Eletric Guitars? I bought one, in the earlies 80’s, in the USA, it is a Stratocaster Clone, in silverburst. Since I still have this little baby, I’d like to know a little more about this. Thanks

Anonymous

rock on

Anonymous

HI I HAVE AN ACUSTIC PALMER GUITAR I BOUGHT IT AT A FLEE MARKET IN FLORIDA. I WONMDER HOW MUCH ITS WORTH CAN ANYONE TELL ME THANKS.

Anonymous

Hi I have the same problem, I bought my acustic guitar in Bali, indonesia. I have never heard about the brand palmer, but I know that it is a korean brand, and they said in the music shop that you could compare it with yamaha.

Anonymous

: HI I HAVE AN ACUSTIC PALMER GUITAR I BOUGHT IT AT A FLEE MARKET IN FLORIDA. I WONMDER HOW MUCH ITS WORTH CAN ANYONE TELL ME THANKS. I can help you . I work at a music store in San Antonio Texas . Give me the modle number inside and I will email you back I’ll give you the list price and what we sell them for . ( we sell them for as low as $39.99 – $99.95…..Thats w/ cutaway electric and vintage sunburst matched flame maple top . Hope You did’nt pay to much . Good look and Merry Christmas , Troy

Anonymous

…………………………………………………. __ . __…………………… …………………………………………………/’`: : `\,—`.„………………… ………………………………………………../|,-‘`¯¯`\(o)_\,—-,,,_……….. ………………„~*¯¯`”\,………… _„_………( `\(o),,_/` ¯ : o : : 😮 `-, …… ……………../ : · :(“,.~;*’¯¯¯”\, (_,– “”~,….\ : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :`\….. ……………..| : · :,/`,-*~;~··-„,/ (‘` “)/· ,…\.,/` : : :_„„,: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :\… …………….| : · / ,/`,–\ \’`c\,—„1 ‹’`–(_ ,/ / : : :,/` · · ): : : : : : : : : : : : : : : |… ……………..) : µ’` .\ (c) `¯ . . ·`), . ,-~`.. \ : : 😐 · · ‘”\, : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :/… ……………/` ,/_~-, .`;;`„-„,__,./, “`/……. `\: :\ · · · · `*-.,_ : : : : : : : : : ,-‘ …. ……………`-/¨;–;~’ `”*-=,=-_`” ,) ,/`……….`› : `\, · · · · · · ¯”~—,–`……. …„„………__\, · ‘, · . . . `\„_,/ ,/;-;_ ……. /` ` | ./ · · · · · · · · „-“………… .( :·`\,-~*`¯ · · ·`¯` `~–~*~—~;/`,-~*“`*–, `1` / : | · · · ,—~*”`…………… . \·:··:”*~-,,„„____„„,.-~”`¯¯¯¯/ / · · · · · ‘\,) , / : 😐 · · · ·\…………………. …`”’~-,„„„„„„,,~‘“ . ( · · · ,.__| | · · · ·, `\„„/ ,/`: : / · · · · ·| ……………….. …………………….\`”””` · · ·`’~;-,„,,_)”`_-‘ : : / · · · · · · | ……………….. ……… (`*”-,„,-”¯¯”`-;„· · · · · · , /’“,-~”`¯: : : :/ · · · · · · |.……………….. ………. | : :(,;-===-„, `\,· · · ,-`| · ·/ : : : | :,/` · · · · · · ·| ……………….. ……… . \ : :\, · · · · \\ · `\. ·)· / · / : :\ : :`~,_ · · · · · ./ ………………… ………… \\,_`~.,_„,.-*\\, `/,/„/` ,/ : : :`’;-.„_ : ¯-, · · · /,………………….. …………..`\,,`”| : :`-,„_„))’`"` ·,/`_„,~*’` · · ( · , ,`)· ·,-; `’\,……………….. ……………..`*-\ : : : `~—-~*` / · · · · · · · · “”~”` ·/` ·( _ :)……………… …………. ,.¬-,–\ : : : : : : : : / · · · · · · · · · ·,,-“`…..’-„,-‘………………. …………..| |: :*:\ : : : : : : :_/ „____„„„„,—~*`…………………………… …………./ / : : : `~-„„„„„,.;;`,,.–`…………………………………………. …………| | : : : :|¯ : ,/ ¯ …………………………………………………. ………….\,\,_,„./—~`……………………………………………………… ………………………………………………………………………………

Anonymous

Q: What do you call a guitar player that only knows two chords? A: A music critic.

Anonymous

Q: What do a guitar solo and premature ejaculation have in common? A: You know it’s coming and there’s nothing you can do about it

Anonymous

If you think this is a good joke, you need to get help.

Anonymous

Relative minor…. is a guitarist’s girlfriend 🙂

Anonymous

Q: How do you get two bass players to play in unison? A: Hand them charts a half-step apart

Anonymous

Q: What’s the difference between a dead chicken in the road, and a dead trombonist in the road? A: There’s a remote chance the chicken was on its way to a gig.

Anonymous

lame joke.. booo!

Anonymous

Does anyone have a schematics for bass amplifier "Sound City Bass 150". Send me to my email, please. Thanks. I’m from Czech republic.

Anonymous

dixon guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : dixon guitars

Anonymous

is there anybody out there who has a diaon acoustic or electric guitar for sale . I will buy.

Anonymous

If there is anybody out there who has a diaon acoustic guitar for sale . I will buy. Any condition, any price Please Call Dann at 530-624-5946

Anonymous

: is there anybody out there who has a diaon acoustic : or electric guitar for sale . I will buy. Dann Rogers 530-624-5946 [email protected]

Anonymous

: : is there anybody out there who has a diaon acoustic : : or electric guitar for sale . I will buy. : Dann Rogers : 530-624-5946 : [email protected] I now have 5 Diaon accoustics in my collection. I will buy any Diaon in any condition for a fair price. Please call me if you have a Daion for sale at 303-961-7542

Anonymous

i have a mint condition daion power mark X brown in color nice! How much would you pay for it?

Anonymous

Mint condition Daion Power Mark xx neck-through + Original case. Dynamite Axe.

Anonymous

: Mint condition Daion Power Mark xx neck-through + Original case. Dynamite Axe.

Anonymous

: : Mint condition Daion Power Mark xx neck-through + Original case. Dynamite Axe. Please email me photos and price infos Marco

Anonymous

: is there anybody out there who has a diaon acoustic : or electric guitar for sale . I will buy. i have an oddball! 12+6 string twin arm accoustic Daion "The 80W" inc original case and sale receipt.

Anonymous

: : is there anybody out there who has a diaon acoustic : : or electric guitar for sale . I will buy. : i have an oddball! : 12+6 string twin arm accoustic Daion "The 80W" inc original case and sale receipt. I will buy any Diaon accoustic guitar for sale at a resonable price. Some Diaons have the bridge pulling up on them but I will buy them regardless of the condition they are in. Plase call me if you have a Diaon for sale. Dann W. Rogers 303-961-7542

Anonymous

I have an awesome 1976 electric Daion power mark XX perfect condition call me at 2102792633 will let go cheap!!

Anonymous

I buy Daion Acoustics. Any price, any condition, Dann Rogers 303-961-7542

Anonymous

: : is there anybody out there who has a diaon acoustic : : or electric guitar for sale . I will buy. : i have an oddball! : 12+6 string twin arm accoustic Daion "The 80W" inc original case and sale receipt. I HAVE A HERITAGE 78′ ACCOUSTIC FOR SALE PERFECT CONDITION. WILL EMAIL PHOTOS TO YOU

Anonymous

: : is there anybody out there who has a diaon acoustic : : or electric guitar for sale . I will buy. : i have an oddball! : 12+6 string twin arm accoustic Daion "The 80W" inc original case and sale receipt. I have a power mark xx ser#82026,red,hardshell case,great condition,semour duncan jb and dimarzio paf, including orginal pickuups. $600.00 obo

Anonymous

Could you send me some pics to my email address so I can check out the Mark XX

Anonymous

:Im looking for a daion acoustic : or electric guitar for sale . I would like to buy one in good condition.

Anonymous

whatis it worth i am courious thank you

Anonymous

$102 in excellent condition : whatis it worth i am courious thank you

Anonymous

: $102 in excellent condition : : : whatis it worth i am courious thank you They weren’t expensive guitars, but I had one as a teen and traded it off. I regret it because my Mom’s name was Norma and she’s passed away now. Wish I had it back.

Anonymous

can anyone tell me where i might be able to get one? or if there is a company which makes plates to order? Thanks, G.

Anonymous

does anybody out there know whut kinda guitar System Of A Down uses?

Anonymous

Boss ME 30 Owners Manual

This popular thread has been given its own page : Boss ME 30 Owners Manual

Anonymous

I have only recently taken up the Guitar but would like to learn on reading music.Can anyone advise the best way to learn.Are there either courses available or some text books I can buy. Thanks

Anonymous

Learning to read music is easy. Learning to play well is not. Actually, you have some choices. A visit to a good music store can be useful. There are many beginner’s books that teach you the basics of guitar music reading. Browse and pick the one you like best. Once you have learned the basics, I would advise that you find a good teacher and take some lessons.

Anonymous

yea there’s this one book i learned from, it’s called BASIC GUITAR CHORDS..AND MORE–by Dick Bennett. it starts off kinda wierd and choppy, but you’ll make it through

Anonymous

The tone pot on my RG550 has strangly come ‘unwired’. Can anyone tell me what wires go where? Diagram would be nice. Cheers

Anonymous

Vicente Tatay guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : Vicente Tatay guitars

Anonymous

What’s up? Does anybody know if it’s possible to plug my guitar into the computer and use it as an amp?

Anonymous

You can’t reall use it as an amp in the sense of amplifying your signal before going to a speaker cabinet. But there’s software and hardware out there so you can plug in to your computer, record, play with effects, etc. Good luck finding something that works for you, though. It’s hard to tell the crap from the good stuff.

Anonymous

i got the seymour duncans in wired and sounding great thanx for helping me save $60.00 thats how much the rip off guitar shop was going to charge for sompthing as easy as it was to replace them.

Anonymous

Thanks for sharing appreciation. I help tons of people and I never know the outcome.

Anonymous

anyone heard this track?

Anonymous

: anyone heard this track? hell yeah, it fucking rocks.

Anonymous

Please if you have any me-6 tones send to me, i had some little problems with the standard patches, i don’t know, please, send to me!!!!!!

Anonymous

I am thinking of selling my Tanglewood Tomkat, excellent condition, anyone interested? Make me an offer.

Anonymous

do you have a photo of this guitar? i have heard of a tanglewood tomkat for sale at £150 in my local guitar shop, would this be a reasonable price for you? George

Anonymous

Sigma/martin Serial no.

This popular thread has been given its own page : Sigma/martin Serial no.

Anonymous

Anyone know where I can find a johnathon rose tele style, they were made in hendersonville,tn. in the 90’s?

Anonymous

Has any one fitted a "Schaller LPTremelo" to a Les Paul. They are supposed to be surface mounted and need no drilling etc. 1. How do they fit ? 2. When fitted does it change the guitar tone ? 3. When fitted does the guitar stay in tune ?

Anonymous

hey, just wonderin if anyone has an m-200 esp guitar, if so wadda-ya reckon of it?

Anonymous

Hey i am looking into buying a moses graphite neck for a strat project. Are they any good?

Anonymous

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Translucent Green

This popular thread has been given its own page : Epiphone Les Paul Standard Translucent Green

Anonymous

I have a national guitar and would like to find out more about it. The serial# 62079. Any info would be great.

Anonymous

: I have a national guitar semi hollow body electric with two pick-ups and a whammy bar with 2 numbers on the back of the tuning head: EG 680-2RG and a serial number # 0526. I would like to know more about it and what it might be worth it is god condition and completely playable. Thanks for any information.

Anonymous

I have two old les pauls – a gold top 1954 – it’s serial # is 4 0404, and a custom who’s setrial # is 4 1108. can anyone help me know whayt the current market value is?

Anonymous

Does anyone know the value of a Custom Balladeer made in 1976? I have one and could have sworn it was a newer model because it looks and plays so well.

Anonymous

I have recently been given a solidbody electric guitar with no electronics. The way I see it, a good pickup likely won’t need a volume or tone knob, but I am unsure how to solder the pickup to the jack without getting all this extra hum. Since humbuckers are supposed to kill the hum, I know the problem is that I am wiring it incorrectly. How would I go about hooking it up?

Anonymous

you sound like you have a ground problemon the side of the jack that the braid of the wire should have a wire running to the bridge or to the tremlo screws hope this help if you need more about electronic just email me an i will do what i can

Anonymous

I own an F235 Yamaki 12-string guitar that I purchased in Minneapolis in 1973. This instrument was certified on 12-3-73, as indicated on the inside. My problem is, I need to replace some hardware on the head that wore out. I can still play it as a 6-string, but I sure miss having all 12. If anyone knows how I can possibly replace some nuts and gears I would be eternally grateful. I love this old guitar and I miss the whisper sound of all 12 strings. Thanks.

Anonymous

Hi! My name is Tom. I’m in the process of restoring my 1964 Chet Atkins Country Gentleman. Im going to replace the pickups to the originals { Filtertrons ]. I need the schematics or the wiring diagrams of this circuit. Anybobdy out there in musicland that could help me. If so please E-Mail me to: [email protected] Thanks! Your help is greatly apppreciated. Tom

Anonymous

first plug the guitar into the wall. next, swing it around above your head while holding your breath. Finally check the skimatics and add five to the sun i mean the sum.(remember to connect it to the wall first)

Anonymous

my guitar is tuned to a drop c, and i have noticed that the bridge is crooked,it’s like it’s being pushed down by the bottom 3 strings. the area by the 15th fret is starting to curve towards the soundhole.(it’s acoustic.) i need help on knowing whut’s wrong with it. thanx

Anonymous

Its your truss rod. take it in to your local guitar shop and they’ll fix it

Anonymous

I am looking for yamaki guitar…6 string preferably 1970s. If anyone has one they are selling please email me. Thank you… Janice [email protected]

Anonymous

: I am looking for yamaki guitar…6 string preferably 1970s. If anyone has one they are selling please email me. Thank you… : Janice : [email protected] Hey, i have an early 70’s yamaki custom.It’s an exact copy of a les paul custom and she smokes!!!! I use this guitar giging on a regular basis along side a tele and a strat, and the yamaki blows them away with tone……………anyhow, i dont really have much info on yamaki and i was wondering if you maybe able to help me.. Thanks Curt

Anonymous

I have a yamaki, probably 1970s. E-mail me at [email protected].

Anonymous

I have an electric (Les Paul copy) very nice. Are you looking for an acoustic or electric? : I am looking for yamaki guitar…6 string preferably 1970s. If anyone has one they are selling please email me. Thank you… : Janice : [email protected]

Anonymous

Have you found one? I have two and mat sell one, I am gone until next wed the 26th, Jim : I am looking for yamaki guitar…6 string preferably 1970s. If anyone has one they are selling please email me. Thank you… : Janice : [email protected]

Anonymous

Janice, Keep an eye on e-bay. There were two Yamakis on there a couple of weeks ago, one a beautiful copy of a Gibson ‘Hummingbird’ model. Also, try Canadian music stores on-line. There were a lot more Yamakis sold in here than the US and my son recently bought one out of Winnipeg, like new, for a great price. Hang in there, you won’t be disappointed! Gary Thomson, happy Yamaki owner

Anonymous

Crate G120CXL 990 Limited Edition Information

This popular thread has been given its own page : Crate G120CXL 990 Limited Edition Information

Anonymous

help! I was screwing the tremolo bar to the guitar and it suddenly broke off. The bottom bit is still inside.. How can i take it out??? is there any way??

Anonymous

If you are semi-mechanically inclined you can probably use an electric drill and a bolt exctactor. You should be able to find one at a hardware or auto parts store. There should be instructions on how to use it on the package…or just ask questions while you’re there.

Viewing 269 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.