Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - September, 2003

Archive for posts from September, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Help, good acoustic beginner guitar?

I havent touched or played a guitar before and I want to learn it as a hobby. There are so many guitars out there and Im not sure where to start, Im wondering what is a decent beginner 6-string acoustic guitar to get. I want to spend just around $200(canadian) including taxes

Re: Help, good acoustic beginner guitar?

Well... You could always get a Peavey... Good for beginners and cost efficient.. around $120 (Canadian)

korg AX1500G Schematics?

Can any of you nice folks help me out getting these schematics?

ups Schematics?

: Can any of you nice folks help me out getting these ups schematics?

Airline Guitars

Does ANYONE at all know where I can find these guitars on the internet? Some of them are labeled Supro or National, but Airline is preferred, and if you own one, E-Mail me with a price, I will pay shipping if you want to sell one. (Pref. Red and White guitars) I will buy a hollowbody, semi-hollowbody or solid. ANY Kind of Airline I'll buy, depending on quality. Thanks! Also, I'm looking for a Harmony Rocket or similar models.

Re: Airline Guitars

: Does ANYONE at all know where I can find these guitars on the internet? Some of them are labeled Supro or National, but Airline is preferred, and if you own one, E-Mail me with a price, I will pay shipping if you want to sell one. (Pref. Red and White guitars) I will buy a hollowbody, semi-hollowbody or solid. ANY Kind of Airline I'll buy, depending on quality. Thanks! Also, I'm looking for a Harmony Rocket or similar models.

I've got an airline I'ld sell

: : Does ANYONE at all know where I can find these guitars on the internet? Some of them are labeled Supro or National, but Airline is preferred, and if you own one, E-Mail me with a price, I will pay shipping if you want to sell one. (Pref. Red and White guitars) I will buy a hollowbody, semi-hollowbody or solid. ANY Kind of Airline I'll buy, depending on quality. Thanks! Also, I'm looking for a Harmony Rocket or similar models.

Try http://www.ebay.com There are usually alot of guitars for sale there. Just search for Airline Guitars, I am sure you'll find a few.

Re: Airline Guitars... for you!

: Does ANYONE at all know where I can find these guitars on the internet? Some of them are labeled Supro or National, but Airline is preferred, and if you own one, E-Mail me with a price, I will pay shipping if you want to sell one. (Pref. Red and White guitars) I will buy a hollowbody, semi-hollowbody or solid. ANY Kind of Airline I'll buy, depending on quality. Thanks! Also, I'm looking for a Harmony Rocket or similar models.

+++++ I was passed down an Airline guitar made by Montgumry Ward in the 50's or early 60's. It books for about $200... and I'd be pleased to let you pay shipping!! j/k anyway, I have a decent guitar in good condition (I always keep it humidified correctly) and would like to hear an offer once I get a reply from you so I can tell you more about it. (i.e. model number.)

btw, it's an f-hole style hollowbody guitar. sounds great for blues and roots music, twang too!!!

let me know,

Jerome Kessinger

Starcon42@yahoo.com or call me at (775) 829-1716 and leave message with call back number.

THANKS!

: : Does ANYONE at all know where I can find these guitars on the internet? Some of them are labeled Supro or National, but Airline is preferred, and if you own one, E-Mail me with a price, I will pay shipping if you want to sell one. (Pref. Red and White guitars) I will buy a hollowbody, semi-hollowbody or solid. ANY Kind of Airline I'll buy, depending on quality. Thanks! Also, I'm looking for a Harmony Rocket or similar models.

: +++++ I was passed down an Airline guitar made by Montgumry Ward in the 50's or early 60's. It books for about $200... and I'd be pleased to let you pay shipping!! j/k anyway, I have a decent guitar in good condition (I always keep it humidified correctly) and would like to hear an offer once I get a reply from you so I can tell you more about it. (i.e. model number.)

: btw, it's an f-hole style hollowbody guitar. sounds great for blues and roots music, twang too!!!

: let me know,

: Jerome Kessinger

: Starcon42@yahoo.com or call me at (775) 829-1716 and leave message with call back number.

:
: THANKS!

: : : Does ANYONE at all know where I can find these guitars on the internet? Some of them are labeled Supro or National, but Airline is preferred, and if you own one, E-Mail me with a price, I will pay shipping if you want to sell one. (Pref. Red and White guitars) I will buy a hollowbody, semi-hollowbody or solid. ANY Kind of Airline I'll buy, depending on quality. Thanks! Also, I'm looking for a Harmony Rocket or similar models.

: : +++++ I was passed down an Airline guitar made by Montgumry Ward in the 50's or early 60's. It books for about $200... and I'd be pleased to let you pay shipping!! j/k anyway, I have a decent guitar in good condition (I always keep it humidified correctly) and would like to hear an offer once I get a reply from you so I can tell you more about it. (i.e. model number.)

: : btw, it's an f-hole style hollowbody guitar. sounds great for blues and roots music, twang too!!!

: : let me know,

: : Jerome Kessinger

: : Starcon42@yahoo.com or call me at (775) 829-1716 and leave message with call back number.

: :
: : THANKS!

ive got an airline guitar that my great grandfather gave me when he passed. i dont know anything about it i just know it sounds really good.

I just picked up a Harmony Stratotone under the Alden's brandname. It's in great shape: thinline hollowbody (no f-holes), single pickup, kind of a Les Paul shape
It's cool, great for blues

: : : Does ANYONE at all know where I can find these guitars on the internet? Some of them are labeled Supro or National, but Airline is preferred, and if you own one, E-Mail me with a price, I will pay shipping if you want to sell one. (Pref. Red and White guitars) I will buy a hollowbody, semi-hollowbody or solid. ANY Kind of Airline I'll buy, depending on quality. Thanks! Also, I'm looking for a Harmony Rocket or similar models.

: : +++++ I was passed down an Airline guitar made by Montgumry Ward in the 50's or early 60's. It books for about $200... and I'd be pleased to let you pay shipping!! j/k anyway, I have a decent guitar in good condition (I always keep it humidified correctly) and would like to hear an offer once I get a reply from you so I can tell you more about it. (i.e. model number.)

: : btw, it's an f-hole style hollowbody guitar. sounds great for blues and roots music, twang too!!!

: : let me know,

: : Jerome Kessinger

: : Starcon42@yahoo.com or call me at (775) 829-1716 and leave message with call back number.

: :
: : THANKS!

First time doing this, but is someone looking for an Airline acoustic guitar? I don't play, but I have one I guess from the 50's or 60's. Let me know.

I've got a 1962 Airline with 3 alnico pickups in it and a three position switch. It has the original Bigsby Tremolo with knudson tuning heads on it. It's in fair condition with a little of the finish on the neck worn down. I have pictures. I've seen some prices in excess of 2000 dollars for an original model. This is not a re-issue like some I've seen on other pages. If you would like a picture of it email me and I will be glad to send you one. I've done nothing to it, it's all original like when it was first purchased from Montgomery Wards. Let me know if it's what you might be looking for. I plan on putting it up for auction on Ebay in the next few days.

: +++++ I was passed down an Airline guitar made by Montgumry Ward in the 50's or early 60's. It books for about $200... and I'd be pleased to let you pay shipping!! j/k anyway, I have a decent guitar in good condition (I always keep it humidified correctly) and would like to hear an offer once I get a reply from you so I can tell you more about it. (i.e. model number.)

: btw, it's an f-hole style hollowbody guitar. sounds great for blues and roots music, twang too!!!

: let me know

: Jerome Kessinger

Okay, I contacted you via e-mail, and I will call tommorow morning.

: Starcon42@yahoo.com or call me at (775) 829-1716 and leave message with call back number.

:
: THANKS!

GET AWAY FROM ME ROBBERS!

jackass

yea id like an airline, is it electric? colour, model, once i know this ill gladly make an offer, feel free to e-mail me
cheers
Jory Nadwidny

Hello there.
I have a 60s airline hollowbody that Im selling. It sounds great and isnt in too bad of shape. I just set it up. Its sunburst with two pickups (single coil). The only thing that doesnt make this a great guitar is the fact that it goes out of tune fairly easily. But as do any airlines, ever seen how often jack white tunes up? Well let me know, Im going to start an auction on ebay today. I have pics and can send as many as you like.
Frank.

Hello. I am also looking for an airline guitar. Not necesarily the same one as Jack White, but one that has the same tone. Since I am only 16, I don't have tons of money to spend, but if someone has one for a fair price, I would be more than happy to buy it. If there is such a deal, email me, or IM me as stimpydoda. Thanks.

: Does ANYONE at all know where I can find these guitars on the internet? Some of them are labeled Supro or National, but Airline is preferred, and if you own one, E-Mail me with a price, I will pay shipping if you want to sell one. (Pref. Red and White guitars) ANY Kind of Airline I'll buy, depending on quality preferably the jetson res o glass. Thanks!

I'm looking for a 1964 j.b. hutto supro res-o-glas jetson guitar if anyone has one that would like to sell it...for a reasonable price i will gladly take it off your hands. E-mail me pics and price please..aslo i will pay for shipping

Thanks

Myky Brian

Hello! I´m looking for a long time for a solid body airline jetsons (jack white) model with one or two pickups for a good price. Unfortunately, in Germany there is no supplier for this guitar. Does anybody have some information about a dealer who sells guitars to germany? Please e-mail me. Thanks,

Markus

I have a airliner guitar all original with both pick guards if you want to call them that,2 thin white plastic strips 1 above and 1 below on each side of the pickups, 2 pick ups 1 tone,1 volume. I've been searching myself to find info on it. I've had it since early 70's. I have found somewhat of good sites which has some info but not alot. I've always found out when it goes out of tune while playin'push or pull on neck while playin' just like an old strat when neck gets loose. hehe!! It's a nice guitar with great sound for it's time. Some of the info that I have gotten is that they where sold in woolworth stores. The more popular are the fiber rezo glass bodies which still carry a good price like gibsons. That is from the info that I have been finding. I'll post all links that I find on this site if you like.
Later,
Randy

Jay tursers... huh?

I have a jay turser guitar but i dont no a lot about it, and i dont hear alot of people talking about them.. do they have like another name or brand or something?!?! got any info or if you play a jay turser can u plz emaiol me, cuz i prolly wont check this site for a while!! thanks so much... nikster_babe05@hotmail.com
Ps-im totally new at guitar

Re: Jay tursers... huh?

They are just korean (I belive) knockoff's, decent guitars for the price though and a good beginners guitar. They haven't been around for too long though, probally why you don't hear much about them and they aren't 'collectable' or 'valuable', just decent lower price guitars.

: I have a jay turser guitar but i dont no a lot about it, and i dont hear alot of people talking about them.. do they have like another name or brand or something?!?! got any info or if you play a jay turser can u plz emaiol me, cuz i prolly wont check this site for a while!! thanks so much... nikster_babe05@hotmail.com
: Ps-im totally new at guitar

looking to buy JCM 800 2210 100w head

I have not been able to find a marshall jcm 800 lead series 2210 head. i dont care if it has rips or scuffs or any minor comsmetics problems, as long as it works and sounds like a beauty (sounds brand new). i wiil buy it in the price range of $0-$600 (thats all the money i got so please work with me). if anyone is willing to sell there jcm 800 2210 then email me... do not reply on this website for i wont be checking it. my email is CampKill66@aol.com. Please i really need this amp!! lol

Ovation Custom Elite value?

2 questions:
1. This guitar has "ELITE CUSTOM" inlayed at the 12th fret. On the label inside the body it says "Custom Built for Sam Ash". Does anyone know the value of this guitar? Or history or retail price. I have a chance to buy it.

2. The electronics have been bypassed, ie. if you look inside the back cover hole, you see another wire with a jack for a 1/4" plug not being used and the pre-amp doesn't work. Anyone know how to hook it up again. Thanks.

marshall VS100 circuit diagram

my marshall VS100 overdrive 1 & 2 suddenly conked out i.e no sound. the absence of a circuit diagram makes the task of repairing it difficult. i love this amp and is wondering if anybody out there can assist me with the diagram. thanks in advance...

Re: marshall VS100 circuit diagram

PHONE MARSHALL AMPLIFICATION, ASK TO SPEAK TO PHILL WELLS OR JOEL MANNON & THEY WILL SEND YOU A CIRCUIT DIAGRAM FOR YOUR VS100R F.O.C.
I WORKED IN THE SERVICE DEPT FROM 95-99.
IF YOU NEED ANY PARTS FOR THE AMP THATS WHERE YOU WILL GET THEM.

Re: marshall VS100 circuit diagram

ur fucked

hindi song

hindhindi songi songhindi songhindi songhindi sohindi songhindi songnghindi songhindi songhindi songhindi songhindi songhindi songhindi songhindi songhindi song

McPherson Guitar

I have a McPherson Accoustic Guitar. It has three holes in it and has a rosewood neck I believe. Can anyone help me out with the possible value along with additional information regarding this guitar?

Thanks!!!

Re: McPherson Guitar

I saw one on guitarheaven.com for $850.00. How do you like it?

Re: McPherson Guitar

: I have a McPherson Accoustic Guitar. It has three holes in it and has a rosewood neck I believe. Can anyone help me out with the possible value along with additional information regarding this guitar?

I believe those were make in Japan and the new McPhersons are all redesigned and made in the US.
The new design is a huge improvement on the old Japanese made 3-hole model. I'm seeing more and more top artists playing them and hearing a lot of great things about them.

: Thanks!!!

Value of a 1966 Yairi Virtuoso

I've looked all over the internet, but can't find anything on the value of Yairi guitars from around the 1966 period.

Label on the inside reads 'B&M Virtuoso, Hand Made by Yairi, Serial Number 33, AD 1966 (Japan)'.

I'd appreciate any help, thanks.

Re: Value of a 1966 Yairi Virtuoso

: I've looked all over the internet, but can't find anything on the value of Yairi guitars from around the 1966 period.

: Label on the inside reads 'B&M Virtuoso, Hand Made by Yairi, Serial Number 33, AD 1966 (Japan)'.

: I'd appreciate any help, thanks.

- I'm in a similar situation. I have a 1966 Yairi , serial number 16.
- Has anyone had any luck in finding out useful details on these wonderful instruments?

TIA,

Sullivan George

Yairi Virtuoso 1967

Did you ever find out how much your yairi was. I have a 1967 Virtuoso yairi that I'm trying to get information about email me if you have any info please greatly appreciated Envirojay@gmail.com

restringing an f-200

i jsut bought an esp f-200 and broek a strign , how do i replace it, i cant figure it out. please respond soon.

free downloadable new hindi film songs

free downloadable new hindi film songs

This popular thread has been given its own page : free downloadable new hindi film songs

Bronze Series Warlock OR Yamaha RGX121SJ

Bronze Series Warlock  OR Yamaha RGX121SJ

This popular thread has been given its own page : Bronze Series Warlock OR Yamaha RGX121SJ

solos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eney one got some gud solos for me?

DownLOD

Free Music Down Lod

1967 Martin 016 NY tuning gear needed

Where can I find this kind of tuners? Can anybody help me?
Thank you all

my new guitar

Check out this little baby..
Finally finished repairing it and repainting it

www.kickme.to/my-pics

Gibson Tennessean vs Gretsch Tennesee Rose

I am planning to buy a new guitar soon. I currently play a Fender Telecaster which I like very much, but I want my next guitar to have humbuckers. I am considering the Gibson Tennessean and the Gretsch Tennesse Rose. Any comments, comparisons etc would be appreciated

how to do a pull-off

I know how to pull-off like this 3p0 but i don't know how to pull off like this 2p3 any help would be great

Re: how to do a pull-off

That would be quite a feat... impossible actually. I think that's a misprint. It should be "2h3" indicating a Hammer-On.

Re: how to do a pull-off

yeah,... true

: That would be quite a feat... impossible actually. I think that's a misprint. It should be "2h3" indicating a Hammer-On.

which guitar to get

hi, im confused at which acoustic guitar to get,these guitars are yamaha apx5a or schecter acoustic elite, if any body has any information about these two guitar it would be much appreciated if could contact me,many thanks loz

1994 Jackson King V STD

A Jackson King V Std With Floyd Rose Tremolo ,Brige Pickup is change to a emg,and The case .....
it's a foreign made ......how much do you think it worth ???

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2022 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.