Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - February, 2004

Archive for posts from February, 2004

ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2001 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Harmony Catalina

Anybody out there have one of these? This one is black and pink. It is missing the pick guard but looks to be in fair condition for its age. Is there a website for more info on these good old Harmonys?

Re: Harmony Catalina

: Anybody out there have one of these? This one is black and pink. It is missing the pick guard but looks to be in fair condition for its age. Is there a website for more info on these good old Harmonys?

You can visit mine at www.comparethevalue.com full of harmony pics and info...

1931 Martin C-1

This is an arch top, round hole Martin acoustic guitar in very fine condition. Just a few scratches on the top near the fingerboard where one player used it playing on the high frets. Case is in good shape outside and very good inside. Looking for a $ value. Many thanks for any tidbits of knowledge or direct experience with this instrument.

Pedal/Amp Question...

My amp has "Overdrive"...i've seen others with "reverb" and "chorus" and "gain"...what are these, or should i say what kind of sound do they produce?

Re: Pedal/Amp Question...

Hi,
overdrive is a light distortion, rever and chorus are effects and gain adds more distortion to the overdrive.

anyone need a Bassist in Southern CA

Bassist in Santa Barbara been playing for over a year currently playing at church and jazz improv in college.
like christian music, jazz, soft christian rock.
tito_316@hotmail.com
drop me a line

old Stewart guitar

old Stewart guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : old Stewart guitar

sigma guitar dm-4y

hello, could someone please tell me the difference between a sigma dm-4y and a sigma dm-4. my neighbor gave me the dm-4y but i can only find info on the dm-4
thanks
bob

guitar pro 4

hello fellow musicians, I have a prog guitar pro 4 ,its seems alright ..but I have no sound does any one know what the problem could be?? thanks for any help or advice.

STAROCASTER SERIAL L04909

FOUND AN OLD STRATOCASTER SERIAL L04909..CAN ANY ONE HELP ABOUT WHAT IT IS?? THANX

Kurt Cobain Guitar

What is the guitar that Cobain plays during in the "Heart Shaped box" video?

Thank you.

Re: Kurt Cobain Guitar

im pretty sure it is fender jag-stang

Africia American Robert Flemmings

information on robert flemmingjr. something to do with the guitar,HELP!HELP!

Re: Africia American Robert Flemmings

: information on robert flemmingjr. something to do with the guitar,HELP!HELP! and bio

WTB: Fender Duo-Sonic

WTB: Fender Duo-Sonic

50's Era

Fender Duo-Sonic

I have a 1962 Duo-Sonic that I want to sell that is in great shape with the original case. Any offers? Email me at CharlieCampbell@CalvaryChapel.org

1977 Electra Outlaw Electric Guitar

Please send info about Electra Guitar since they are becoming more rare and I love mine. Is there ways to purchase them over the net?

Re: 1977 Electra Outlaw Electric Guitar

: Please send info about Electra Guitar since they are becoming more rare and I love mine. Is there ways to purchase them over the net?

I have one that you may purchase if you like. I have hardly played it. It has the phase shifter and overdrive modules

Archtop Guitar Unknown Maker - Need Help Identify

Purchased an old archtop guitar and I'm trying to figure out who made it. Serial number 3954H1214 is stamped inside. Also has a small square box stamped inside with the letters "AV" in it. Anybody have any ideas? No other identification numbers or letters anywhere on it.

Re: Archtop Guitar Unknown Maker - Need Help Identify

I think it might be an old Alvarez -- worth $200-$300

: I think it might be an old Alvarez -- worth $200-$300

Thanks for your help!

This is definetly a harmony archtop 1213 ithe model # I think the year is the 54 in the serial #

Lucille - Gibson. Help! Need pic / info about varistor switch.

I need a picture or a description of the sterio varatone switch Gibson puts in it's Lucill guitars. I think the original one in my 90 Lucille has been taken outand a cheap knock-off has been put in to replace it. I took it to a "reputable" luthier to get the finish it buffed-up (darn swirls on black finish).

Can anyone help by sending me a pic or a real good description of the varitone varistor switch. The one I got now is pretty low to the body... with these two blue square "chips" sticking out of it.... help..
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks,
Ralphie..

Vantage Bass Guitar

I have a Vantage bass that I've owned for 2 years. I am unsure of it's age as I bought it used. I would just like some info on the brand and how much it may be worth now, since I am looking to sell it. Also what the quality of these insturments is like.

touch-up paint

I just got a Tom Delonge Stratocaster and I need to touch-up a few spots where the paint is chipped. Where can I find it? I think the color is Polar White.

Re: touch-up paint

it's a strat specifically made for punk rock. Let it get dinged up, their cooler that way.

Need help in Guitar Pro 4...

Hello all... I'm using Guitar Pro 4 and I would like to know how you could do this:
http://thundersoul.bravehost.com/Musique.bmp
(that type of linking between notes)... thank you. ^_^
-TS...

Boss pedal repairs/mods

Boss pedal repairs/mods

This popular thread has been given its own page : Boss pedal repairs/mods

admira 'concert'

does anybody know where can i find original spain has never been played and has never been stringed "admira 'concert'"??

high end if u help i can give u a mint pleck by jamies hetfield

hey ok i have a prob which hurts ya ears lol. ok i have a sold state amp (marshal) a dod multi fx pedal and a boss 7 band EQ. i got all that because i wnat 2 get rid of the high end. not the high end that sounds gd but the type that makes u turn away from the amp because any notes past the 3rd fret on the E string makes your ears bleed. can any 1 help in any way. just settings on the EQ pedal anything. if u do have any ways of helping email me at alun_bass3@hotmail.com

www.rcep.tk cool check this out

www.rcep.tk cool check this website out

Limited Edition ZValue of Marshall JCM800 2203ZW akk Wylde Signature

Guys, what is the value or a new or used limited edition amp head at current? email me, thanks a million.

Value of Limited Edition Zakk Wylde Marshall Amp

Guys, what is the value or a new or used limited edition amp head at current? email me, thanks a million.

Re: Value of Limited Edition Zakk Wylde Marshall Amp

Hi,
I hope this helps.
http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data/Marshall/JCM_800_2203ZW_Zakk_Wylde_Head-01.html

70s reissue Japanese Strat

I have a wood grain Japanese Strat believed to be late 60s or 70s reissue. Serial no. AO23765. Looking for any information about this guitar

Re: 70s reissue Japanese Strat

If the guitar reads "Made in Japan" it was made between 1985 and 1986.
If it reads "Crafted in Japan" it was made between 1997 and 1998.

Re: 70s reissue Japanese Strat

It will be the latter (97-98) - they weren't making any 70s reissue models in the mid-1980s. Nice guitar, isn't it?

: If the guitar reads "Made in Japan" it was made between 1985 and 1986.
: If it reads "Crafted in Japan" it was made between 1997 and 1998.

GHETTO EBAY GUITAR

I bought an acoustic guitar off ebay... seemd to be fine but after i started tuning it i realized on of the fretts was being stupid and broke.. dont ask me how but it did.. how do i fix it or get a new one.. gimi some advice i have not the slightest idea abotu this stuff accept tuning..

Re: GHETTO EBAY GUITAR

: I don't understand what you mean when you say one of the frets 'broke'. Do you mean it has become unseated from the fretboard?

Robert Flemming Jr

Does any body know anything about Robert Flemming Jr invinting the guitar

Re: Robert Flemming Jr

: Does any body know anything about Robert Flemming Jr invinting the guitar. Im doing my Black History project on him , and I can find any info. Please e-mail me at Lovin_monkeys954@yahoo.com Id really

Help wanted!!!

Hello,

I am a student at Russell County High School in Seale, AL. I was assigned an essay that deals with comparing and contrasting two topics. The area of study that I chose was Bc Rich bass guitars Vs. Ibanez bass guitars. If you can send me any information on topic of study I would be most appriciative and ever thankful.

Sincerely,
Barrick Jacko

roland g-707

I need de schemaitc for this guitar. Any idea??

Thank´s!!

New USA Fender Strat for sale

Just used a few times at church. Black and white. USA. hard shell case. Maybey a 2001 model. E-mail me for photo hueymalone@hotmail.com

Toneworks AX1500G vs Digitech GNX1 which one is better?

Hi! I´m trying to decide which one to buy. What would u suggest? Why? Do you know anything better for $250?

Re: Toneworks AX1500G vs Digitech GNX1 which one is better?

Hi,
The question is.....are you looking for a floor pedal only? If yes, I suggest paying a little more for a GT-6. If not, you can alwas trust on the POD or the V-Amp. For what I've seen in my 11 years of experience is that Tone Works is crap and the Digitech products don't last long enough and the repair is expensive.

customized guitar necks

does anybody know where you can get a customized guitar neck where you have your name written in the neck like the old country singers used to do? thanks for any help
kelly

Re: customized guitar necks

Try www.warmoth.com

ES-135 vs ES-137?

ES-135 vs ES-137?

This popular thread has been given its own page : ES-135 vs ES-137?

sigma dm-4y guitar

what is the difference between a sigma dm-4y guitar and a sigma dm-4?
thanks

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2022 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.