Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - February, 2004

Archive for posts from February, 2004

ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2001 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Silvertone

I have a Strat inspired Silvertone with the Silvertone name on the headstock along with a Big S behind the name and a made in Japan label on the back of it. I tried to find some info on line but I can only come up with Harmony Silvertone, and I can't find a guitar picture that looks like it. Has anyone ever heard of it or point me in the right direction for some info. It has three single pickups, and a sunburst finish. It looks like a cool vintage guitar Something nice to play.

Thanks for any info.

Jorge

Re: Silvertone

: I have a Strat inspired Silvertone with the Silvertone name on the headstock along with a Big S behind the name and a made in Japan label on the back of it. I tried to find some info on line but I can only come up with Harmony Silvertone, and I can't find a guitar picture that looks like it. Has anyone ever heard of it or point me in the right direction for some info. It has three single pickups, and a sunburst finish. It looks like a cool vintage guitar Something nice to play.

: Thanks for any info.

: Jorge

You have a new 70's guitar made by the New Japan Harmony company which is in trouble now. They made copies of all the good guitars and did a pretty good job. They have no website and their phone is answered by an answering machine.....

Re: Silvertone

Have you looked at Samick? didnt they take on the silvertone series of jap copies? do a google search on it.

Lee

i want a playing guitar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please help me learn playing guitar......
Ajarlah aku sampai hebat....
Please lah yerrrrr

Who would you choose?

Wat band would you do a cover song for? Metallica or Megadeth??

Yamaha DG-Stomp

Just bought a Yamaha DG-Stomp of ebay and wanted to know if there are any videos available on how to use it. If not how do I educate myself on what an effects module is and does and all the minutia associated with it.

Re: Yamaha DG-Stomp

go to:
http://www.yamaha.co.jp/english/product/guitar/dg/dg_stomp.html
they have a downloadable manual on there, you have bought yourself a very nice amp sim pedal there, will sound real nice through a small amp or hadphones.

i need guitar cords

help help

Re: i need guitar cords

www.guitarsrule.com

Re: i need guitar cords

hi I like guitars by e-mail you later

LOVE,Bobby

Yamaha APX 20

Looking to buy one. Got one?

curious

Can you use a distortion pedal to switch channels,from clean to dirty, the pedal I have sux, but the amps dirty is pretty good

Re: curious

no you cant, go to the your local guitar/amp shop and ask for the channel swich pedal that should have come with the amp, they dont cost much.
Lee.

Les Paul Copy

I have obtained a LP copy that has the word "STEVEN" on the headstock. It is a very good playing axe. It has binding all around and a great flame top. It was purchased by my son when he was living in china and was playing there. It is almost an exact copy of a standard except has a little different body configuration on the backside. Plays and feels like a real quality piece. I can't find any info on this guitar on the web. Can anyone help me?

belajar gitar

kita nak tau nama kat bahagian-bahagian gitar........and nak gambar gitar yang pertama di dunia and gitar yang terbaru......

Re: belajar gitar

:
: kita nak tau nama kat bahagian-bahagian gitar........and nak gambar gitar yang pertama di dunia and gitar yang terbaru......

Re: belajar gitar

Aku mau tanya nih gimana sih belajar gitar yang bagus dan kalo beli gitar yang bagus juga apa ciri-cirinya
aku mau minta cohrd ya simple plen yang perfec ok

Yamaki Guitars

Hey there, I was wondering if anyone has any information (or can tell me where to find information) on a Yamaki AY384 series electric-acustic guitar! Ive been searching with the model and serial number. Id like to find out more about my guitar.
thanks.

Pearl accoustic dreadnought by Hayashi # 01376

Pearl accoustic dreadnought by Hayashi # 01376

This popular thread has been given its own page : Pearl accoustic dreadnought by Hayashi # 01376

ES-335 w/block inlays

Anyone know of a reissue ES-335 (Cherry Red) with block inlays not dot neck markers?? The Vintage Guitar Price Guide & Blue Book both mention them but I can't find one. The Gibson Custom Shop wants your first born to make a block neck 335. Any help appreciated.

Re: ES-335 w/block inlays

did you realy want the re-issue? what about the original '66 model? what an investment, $3000? i know what you mean about the blocks though, i have a re-issuse with dot markers and always prefered the look of the block markers, also mine has the grover heads, and those klusons look the biz.

Lee

Re: ES-335 w/block inlays

I have a 1999 model ES 335 with the block inlays. The model is funnily enough titled ES 335 Block (limited edition) Im actually about to sell it. Contact me if your interested.

Anyone know of a reissue ES-335 (Cherry Red) with block inlays not dot neck markers?? The Vintage Guitar Price Guide & Blue Book both mention them but I can't find one. The Gibson Custom Shop wants your first born to make a block neck 335. Any help appreciated.

MN1-036708(sn) Early Fender mexican strat. Black/White pickguard/rosewood fretboard (need info on it

I think this early model Mexican Strat is made with all American Parts and Hardware because i've never seen,or heard,any other mexican Strat that sounds like this one.I would not even take an American model over this guitar. I need more info on this guitar. I think it has all American parts, but was essembelled in Mexico.I think I have an excellent guitar, and I would love to find out more about it. Such as:Where it was made,What kind of parts and hardware it has on it, and how much it might be worth.It's in excellent condition.(beautiful guitar)ALL ORIGINAL!

i need tunes

for a concert<a href="http://www.doodle.com"><font color="black" style="text-decoration: none">.</a>

help

What is a guitar strap and a pitch pipe?
Thank you.

Re: help

The strap is the "belt" that you put in your neck to hold the guitar.
The pitch pipe is a device that functions as a tuner and it works by blowing through it to hear the tunes.

New cool guitars and gear.

A friend of mine makes some really nice guitars and sells the coolest gear. His gear is similar to Orange county Choppers stuff. brtguitars.com

Stolen Telecaster

Someone broke a back window of a car sitting outside a bar on Greenville Ave. in Dallas Tx in 1973, and stole my Fender Telecaster, and Tiesco Amp from the back seat. I realize that a lot of water has passed under the old bridge, but I loved that guitar. (The internet gives me a chance to PUT THE WORD OUT) I bought it in Sasebo Japan thru the Navy Exchange while on R&R in around 1970/71 (can't remember for sure.) I don't remember the serial # and am not positive, but I think it's a 1968/69. I'm sure of the color: off white with a rosewood neck. I do remember I scribed my name CHUCK CUSIMANO,into the wood, under the pick guard. At the time it was stolen, it had a custom LEATHER (black) pick guard with CHUCK in white letters, and red roses.The white plastic original one was also in the original case. Also it had a custom padded leather guitar strap, with my name CHUCK, comming down the front. It was black with white letters, and red roses, along with white "buckstitching" I used to do a lot of leather work, and I made them at the same time (1972)I made a leather guitar strap for Merle Haggard.(His was brown letters on natural leather, with brown "buckstitching". I am not rich, and I probably don't stand one chance in hell of ever recovering the guitar, but I would sure try to pay a decent reward to get it back. That guitar was a friend to me during the Vietnam war even if for a little while. If you even know anything about it please E-MAIL me at:
cusimusico@hotmail.com Thank you!

I have a Squire is it any good

I bought a squire strat made by fender and it sounds good but is it cheaply made and will it break . I bought it for two hundred dollars . I am wondering if I got a good deal

Re: I have a Squire is it any good

where was it made? if its jap they tend to be very good, china and india are not so good. 200 is OTT for the latter

ABUT

GOOD SITE

My strat serial number

My strat has the serial number E522775 but this E5 configuration isnt listed anywhere, how can i find out where and when its from?

Mint collector's Fender

Looking for Fender appraiser to figure value of one in my collection.

Zappa!

How many other people out there think that Frank Zappa is highly underrated as a guitarist?

Re: Zappa!

: How many other people out there think that Frank Zappa is highly underrated as a guitarist?

me!!!!

takamine

i have a takamine acoustic guitar that i would like appraised. the serial number is 77071351

Re: takamine

The serial number doesn't tell you anything except that it was made in 1977. Send me the model number number. Usually seen throught the soundhole on the inside back.

New Arrangements In TablEdit Format

Just to let you know that a few new acoustic guitar arrangements have been posted on my site at:

www.consult-eco.ndirect.co.uk/guitar/tab.htm

Hope you enjoy them.

Cheers and take care.

Steve J. McWilliam

VALUE OF GIBSON SG GUITAR

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED. I HAVE A GIBSON SG 6-STRING...BURGUNDY BODY, DOUBLE PICKUPS, BLACK PICK GUARD. NO WHAMMY BAR. TRAPEZOIDAL SHAPED INLAYS ON NECK. SERIAL NUMBER IS 398041. I THINK IT'S EITHER A 1867 OR 1974. BEAUTIFUL CONDITION. NO INTENTION OF SELLING, BUT WONDERED ABOUT APPROXIMATE VALUE. THANKS!

Re: VALUE OF GIBSON SG GUITAR

: SORRY,,,FIRST POSTING HAD TYPO. I THINK MY SG IS EITHER 1967 (NOT 1867) OR 1974.
ANY ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED. I HAVE A GIBSON SG 6-STRING...BURGUNDY BODY, DOUBLE PICKUPS, BLACK PICK GUARD. NO WHAMMY BAR. TRAPEZOIDAL SHAPED INLAYS ON NECK. SERIAL NUMBER IS 398041. I THINK IT'S EITHER A 1967 OR 1974. BEAUTIFUL CONDITION. NO INTENTION OF SELLING, BUT WONDERED ABOUT APPROXIMATE VALUE. THANKS!

: : SORRY,,,FIRST POSTING HAD TYPO. I THINK MY SG IS EITHER 1967 (NOT 1867) OR 1974.
: ANY ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED. I HAVE A GIBSON SG 6-STRING...BURGUNDY BODY, DOUBLE PICKUPS, BLACK PICK GUARD. NO WHAMMY BAR. TRAPEZOIDAL SHAPED INLAYS ON NECK. SERIAL NUMBER IS 398041. I THINK IT'S EITHER A 1967 OR 1974. BEAUTIFUL CONDITION. NO INTENTION OF SELLING, BUT WONDERED ABOUT APPROXIMATE VALUE. THANKS!

From the S/No it looks like a '74, Ive seen them go for over a £1000, depends on condition, and if its all original etc.

begginer

begginer guitarist looking for cool easy real songs to play on one string already know seven nation army button to button smoke on water iron man highway to hell

Re: begginer

Look at this site:
http://www.guitarsrule.com/theory/lessons/
there some very good beginer lessons there.

Lee.

Re: begginer

thanks lee

washburn D-55 cherokee

tried to search the web for a washburn cherokee
hard to find information on that acoustic.
what is about Dana Bougeois being involved in construction?
how many have been produced during 95,96,97?
i have one offered in germany in NOS
anybody out there with informations

76 Ibanez Les Paul Custom

Bought this guitar for 325 on ebay June 02.
Guitar has an annoying squeal when cranked.
I thought about changing pickups but after reading some reviews on another site this might not cure the squeal.
Has anyone out there ran into this on other Jap Pauls?
Also I see a lot of talk here about ebay.
While you can get some deals,beware people.
My friend in DFW thought he was getting an Orville
and turned out to be a Burny LP Standard with Gibson decals. Paid 535.
Back to Ibanez,is the squeal Im getting common on all Ibanez Les Pauls?
Thanx
Rico in Tejas

Re: 76 Ibanez Les Paul Custom

SQEAL SQEAL. RESOLDER THE WHOLE GUITAR INCLUDING THE GROUND. USING THE BEST SOLDER YOU CAN FIND.
PS: DONT CHANGE THE PICKUPS FROM WHAT I WAS ALWAYS TOLD THE IBANEZ LP COPY OF THE LATE 70'S IS WORTH A LOT OF MONEY AND IBANEZ WAS SUED BY GIBSON FOR THOSE MODELS SO HANG ONTO THAT RIG ........

1976 Mossman Great Plains

I have a '76 Mossman Great Plains that I bought new, and I'm thinking of selling it. Its like new with only a few minor scratches. What Can I reasonably expect to get for it? Thanks.

EPI ROADIE

I REALLY DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THIS GUITAR . LOOKING FOR INFO. ITS RED AND SMALL ANYONE KNOW WHAT YEAR MADE, NUMBERS ON BACK KC98080358

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2022 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.