Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - March, 2004

Archive for posts from March, 2004

ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: GUITAR SOUNDS LIKE A SAXAPHONE

If money is no problem (always is!) the Boss guitar synmth will make yuo sound like any instrument you want.

Unidentified switch on Kona electric guitar

Unidentified switch on Kona electric guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Unidentified switch on Kona electric guitar

New Squiers for 2004

Please tell me theres a Fender strat like the new Squier black and Chrome strat....it looks fucking beautiful...i want it...now!...haha....anyone know if its just a Squier thing? or is there a Fender version too?

Hard Question on Les Paul

i'm an average guitarist, i play both accoustic and electric guitars for three years now, but my Les Paul model of the Jay Turser company doesnt suit me anymore, hence i wanna buy a real gibson...but before i do...i need to know everything about it: pickups, wood, model, etc, that would be suitable for me,
my "influences" for playing electric are Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Queen, Beatles, the works, what would be the best pricing in my range (bugdet under 1000$)
thnx ALOT
M.J.

Re: Hard Question on Les Paul

Les paul standards are very good, hold their money too, you know they are made from 1 peice mahogany for body and neck (except some 70's models), go for a good 2nd hand standard, but if you were moving away from the les paul, try a SG standard, my fav all time gibson, it rocks.
Lee

3 guitars trade for a gibson

hey people. ok i got a brand new epiphone SG gothic, a brand new shine V, and a brand new Brunswick acustic. i want to trade all these for a gibson. preferably an SG of some kind. please e-mail me if your interested. ps. all guitars are in perfect condition.

Mountain Guitars

i am on the search to find out any info about Mountain guitars. I know that it is Japanese made but that is all. It does have some similarities as a K.Yairi any info would be greatly appeciated

Re: Mountain Guitars

damn! mountains give the sweetest boomiest sound you can get on an acoustic. sounds like it's been recorded with compression, even though it's only live. don't make em any more so heaps rare i guess.

ANYONE HAVE THE UPDATE PATCH LINK FOR GUITAR PRO?

ANYONE HAVE THE UPDATE PATCH LINK  FOR GUITAR PRO?

This popular thread has been given its own page : ANYONE HAVE THE UPDATE PATCH LINK FOR GUITAR PRO?

electric guitar

gday people i was wondering if you could send me a couple of picturs of diffrent types of guitars lick and acustic and electric guitar mixed with a 12 string i dont know what they are called but im sure that ill find out soon oh buy the way if your wondering the pictuers are for a school project. thatnks guyz cya later

looking for GIBSON SONEX.

If anyone has a gibson sonex guitar with all original parts for sale please e-mail me. I am highly interested and have money at this time.

Re: looking for GIBSON SONEX.

there are loads on ebay, here is one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3709607197&category=33040

have abid on it.

Lee

: If anyone has a gibson sonex guitar with all original parts for sale please e-mail me. I am highly interested and have money at this time.

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3714593700&category=2384

Dude I just landed me one off of E-bay a couple of days ago...As a matter of fact you may have been the one I was in the bidding war with!!(short end of the stick-sorry about your luck....)there is another on E-bay now...lol...R.R.

re: looking for GIBSON SONEX.

i got a '81 deluxe all parts good, body a little chipped. i'm only selling it because i'm unemployed so e-mail me quick if you still want one.

Early BC Rich B-28

I have an early BC Rich B-28 Acoustic. Serial#
29118 Signed and built by Bernie Rico in the late 60's
for my ex brother in law. Looking for Pricing information. I allready know the history and have spoke with Bernie Rico Jr. This is an awesome guitar
any other information would be great!
Thanks

historic Gibson guitar

I have an old Gibson guitar that is inscribed as a
"B-25 natural". The serial # stamped on the back of the tune keys head is 438392. Is there any way to find out about it?

Partitures

I need The Gathering and Lacuna Coil partitures.

Vox Meteor For Sale Rare Finish

Hi, I have an old 60's Vox meteor with the original hardshell case and hang tag in Desert Sand finish for sale.Super fast neck, single pickup (just cranks)in very goodcondition. The pickgaurd has some slight shrinkage (to be expected) but other than that it's a great guitar. Asking 250.00 plus shipping, pics are available. emaslak@buckeye-express.com

antonio hernandis classic guitar

antonio hernandis classic guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : antonio hernandis classic guitar

Question about Strat

i play death metal, i really want a strat but people tell me a strat isnt a good choice and i should get something with double humbuckers - what do you think?

Re: Question about Strat

I trhink a strat would be great for death metal. Ive never seen a death metal band use a strat but there great for drop tuning and can hold a good deep crunchy sound. especially with a good stomp box.

Well Iron Maiden aren't exactly death metal but if you've ever seen any Adrian Smith jam videos, he can really get a low powerful death metal sound out of his strat's and even tele's...so i say hell yeah...strat like a muthafucka

: I trhink a strat would be great for death metal. Ive never seen a death metal band use a strat but there great for drop tuning and can hold a good deep crunchy sound. especially with a good stomp box.

Nile uses strats

Ferrari Guitars

Can anyone help? I was given an acoustic guitar in 1969. It's a Ferrari. I cannot find out anything about this guitar or find anyone who's ever heard of it. I think it was made in Japan. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Telecaster Custom PIckguard

I have a Fender Telecaster Custom(HH) and would like to put a white pickguard on it, but don't want to pay over $50 for a custom made one. Does anyone know where I might find one?

Re: Telecaster Custom PIckguard

http://www.pickguards.com/Tele.htm

a few on here,
Lee.

GIBSON SG PRE-AMP???

Does the gibson sg (EBONY) have a pre-amp? if so does it take a battery? Because my friend has a bass with a pre amp and he can plug his headphones right into the jack. THANK YOU

Re: GIBSON SG PRE-AMP???

pre-amp?? most unlikely, why would you want to put a pre amp on a guitar? some guitars have active pickups that require a 9v battery to run them, maybe you are thinking of this, dont think the signal would be loud enough to plug headphones in there, give it a go.
Lee.

how do you change electric guitar strings

i cant figure out how to change the strings on my guitar, the little beads on the end of the strings wont come out.

Re: how do you change electric guitar strings

what do you mean by wont come out?

Re: how do you change electric guitar strings

what do you mean by wont come out?

Gretsch 1624 Anniversary Model Guitar

Does anybody know where I can get the approximate value of a Gretsch 1624 Anniversary Model guitar?

Seville Guitars

Does anyone know anything about the Seville brand of guitars? I have an S-32 model and have no knowledge about it whatsoever other than it was made in Korea. I love this guitar, it is probably the best sounding guitar I've ever played. If someone has any info on these guitars, please let me know.

Re: Seville Guitars

i have an S-16 seville classical guitar. I know that its made in korea not much else, but it has amazing tone for such an inexpensive guitar. I own several guitars and i probably play it more than my gretsch. Anyway if you find anything about them email me man. peace cameron

Re: Seville Guitars

I bought an old Seville bass recently. I've been put some Bassline 1/4 pounders in it and it sounds badass. I've been looking for information on it too. If you ever find anything out about them please send me a mail. If it helps any, the serial # is S102RW.

Electric guitars around $400

Hello, I'm in the market for finding something around this budget and I have NO IDEA as to where to begin. I went to american musical and looked around and there are just so many different electrics to choose from. And I am very amatuer when pertaining to electrics. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.....I was looking at the epiphone G400 or a cheaper strat..Thanks in advance

Re: Electric guitars around $400

both of those are good guitars, try also a used tokai les paul 80's models are very good, a know a lot of people knock the new tokai koreans but they are very good, play one and see.
Lee.

Looking for exact guitar sounds from famous songs

Fellow players,
I'd love it if there was a database of guitar sounds (FX, settings, EQs, etc)for certain songs.For example,"Time" by Pink Floyd. Gilmoure plays some lead fills with a heavy distorted guitar, but it sounds likes the mid range has been totally scooped out, its totally dry (almost as if the opposite of delay like the notes are cut short), and the distortion is a sharp fuzz type.It would take me a week to experiment and find that exact sound, but somebody may have stumbled across it accidentily and can post it.
If there was a website where players can contribute settings for certian songs which would add up after awhile and eventually would have hundreds of guitar settings.Think of how great it would be to go there and find the settings for a certian sound you're looking for.
Does anyone know of anything like this? It would be a great resourse for everyone.Maybe someone can start one. Everytime I try to start somethging like that (I tried to start a "unique fusion chord" database where players can post wierd new inversions of funky sounding chords), it never catches on.
DCO

Re: Looking for exact guitar sounds from famous songs

The reason it never catches on is that, with the exception of 'tribute' bands very few people want to recreate history.

If you really want to sound like someone else (everyone else) you'll probably need to invest in a good amp simulator, a good multi effects unit and several 'real' vintage add-ons (eg analogue delay pedals and the like). Or buy the exact kit for each sound you want top recreate.

If you've really got Gilmoure's talent and can truly recreate the feeling that went into his playing, then use it. Don't waste it.

Re: Looking for exact guitar sounds from famous songs

: Fellow players,
: I'd love it if there was a database of guitar sounds (FX, settings, EQs, etc)for certain songs.For example,"Time" by Pink Floyd. Gilmoure plays some lead fills with a heavy distorted guitar, but it sounds likes the mid range has been totally scooped out, its totally dry (almost as if the opposite of delay like the notes are cut short), and the distortion is a sharp fuzz type.It would take me a week to experiment and find that exact sound, but somebody may have stumbled across it accidentily and can post it.
: If there was a website where players can contribute settings for certian songs which would add up after awhile and eventually would have hundreds of guitar settings.Think of how great it would be to go there and find the settings for a certian sound you're looking for.
: Does anyone know of anything like this? It would be a great resourse for everyone.Maybe someone can start one. Everytime I try to start somethging like that (I tried to start a "unique fusion chord" database where players can post wierd new inversions of funky sounding chords), it never catches on.
: DCO

Have you seen the U2 clips on the toneczareffects.com website?

buing a guitar

I know this question must get asked a thousand times, so I apologize-I'm knew to the site. I'm a beginner-have being playing about one year (strictly blues) I'm playing a cheap Epiphone strat copy that won't stay in tune. I'm looking for another guitar-probably used in the area of $400.00. Does anyone have any suggestions, or I'm a dreaming thinking I'll find something decent at that price. Even if I had $1200 for a new strat, I can't imagine buying it at this stage (kind of like putting a Ferrari in the hands of your grandmother). Thanks for the help.

Re: buing a guitar

Check out www.music123.com some most prices are insanely low

: I know this question must get asked a thousand times, so I apologize-I'm knew to the site. I'm a beginner-have being playing about one year (strictly blues) I'm playing a cheap Epiphone strat copy that won't stay in tune. I'm looking for another guitar-probably used in the area of $400.00. Does anyone have any suggestions, or I'm a dreaming thinking I'll find something decent at that price. Even if I had $1200 for a new strat, I can't imagine buying it at this stage (kind of like putting a Ferrari in the hands of your grandmother). Thanks for the help.

DEAN "ZEN" GUITAR

ANYONE HAVE ANY OPINIONS ON THE "DEAN ZEN" ACCOUSTIC-ELECTRIC GUITAR?? THEY ONLY MADE 500 OF THESE AND I'M CURIOUS WHY ONLY THIS AMOUNT?? DOES ANYONE HAVE INFO ON IT!! HOW IS THE ACTION AND SOUND AND QUALITY.
THANKS!!!

New guitarist site

The Official Janos Szucs website, with news, audio, photo gallery and much more about the Hungarian guitar player based in Holland who's touring and recording with American singer Jessie Galante. (Out Now NEW CD: SHINE)

harmony bass

I'm looking for a saddle for a harmony bass

Roland GR 33

I'd like to improve the sound and capacity of my electric conventional guitar but I don't know because I've never tried before if this the right device that I need for my personal style. I play kind of new aged and new jazz tendencies music, never pure style but respecting and taking advantages of chords and harmony, but a t the same time I'd like to enter into the world of synthesis using my ability as as guitar palyer. I wonder if it'd be easy to compose and record my own ideas with a such relative affordable device. Any advising will be appreciated.

Re: Roland GR 33

The GR-33 wil run you about $900 when all is said and done. I have yet to dig deep enough into it to use it's full potential. The one thing I don't know if it does is use the built in f/x such as chorus, delay etc. to enhanse the guitar signal. It seems like you have to use a built in tone at all times. The internal tones are fantastic! I suggest running that signal to a seperate keyboard amp or PA amp for best results, again adding to the cost of using this product properly.

garcia guitar value

garcia guitar value

This popular thread has been given its own page : garcia guitar value

Sada Yairi 800 Classical

Any have or can tell me anything about a Classical Guitar - Sada Yairi Model 800. Types of wood, what would the top be? Spruce or Cedar? Any advice on it.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.