Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - March, 2004

Archive for posts from March, 2004

ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

pickups

i know this is really stupid, but i have pickups. and you know how they are like adjustable and stuff, well like how high should they be? cuz i can get them to practicly touchin the strings to down under the frame...someone please help me

Re: pickups

too low and you lose volume, too high and you can affect the intonation, i have mine set at between 5-10mm below the string when it held down on the 12th fret.

Lee.

Re: pickups

: Lee.
thanks

drew

pedal board setups

I'm starting to aquire a few pedals and was wondering about the best way to link them on a pedal board.
I've got a korg DT10 tuner a Boss blues driver, super chorus and tremolo and an Jim D cry baby.
I'm also looking at a delay and a harmoniser.
Some advice on the order i should link them in would be great!!
Cheers

Re: pedal board setups

from guitar to amp :
Phaser
Wah pedal
Compressor
Overdrive/Distortion
Graphic
Parametric
Speaker Simulators
Harmoniser
Vibrato
Pitch benders
Flanger
Chorus
Noise gate
Limiter
Volume pedal
Tremolo
Panning
Delay
Reverb
into amp.

Lee.

Installing 490R and an Angus Young Bridge in an Epi

I want to simply pull out my Epi pick ups and replace them with Gibsons. I bought a nice Epi LP Standard Plus in Heritage Chery Sunburst, but just want the same hot bucker sound I get from my other Gibson. (Standard Les Paul DC plus Desertburst) It looks like they just plug in more or less, after you remove the pick up holders and springs. But then again, is Epi the same as Gibson? I am hoping to pull the old out and place the new in relatively simply. Any help or suggestionn would be really appreciated. Send to jeff8874@hotmail.com- Thanks bro

finger practice

Do any of you guys know of a good plucking/picking/fingering practice routine? My left and right hand fingers don't seem to like each other. Getting frustrated...

Re: finger practice

Sounds bizarre....but...imagine you were drumming your fingers (actually do it on your picking hand). Now vary the pattern your fingers/ thumb are making - eg drum your fingers forwards, backwards, in pairs, alternating, etc. You can practice finger 'picking' like this anywhere....

Transfer this to similar patterns actually playing the guitar - don't worry about the left hand, just make sure thumb is on 'root note' of the chord and fingers are on top three strings (typically you don't pluck with you little finger).

For standard right/ left co-ordination, simply find a scale, anywhere on the fretboard, any key, and practice going up, down, back and forth with pick & fingers. Do it at the start of ANY and EVERY practice. Boring as hell, but works wonders!

Hope this helps.

Stryper Guitar Tab

Anyone know where I can find "Soldiers Under Command"

Thanks in advance

Re: Stryper Guitar Tab

I've been looking on the internet for 2 hours now and I still haven't found it

Stryper Guitar Tab

Anyone know where I can find "Soldiers Under Command"

Thanks in advance

Guitar Pro 4 ist a very cool Tab-Tool. download the demo and visit the site MySongBook (you find the link on the GP4-Site). There you find Soldiers

: Guitar Pro 4 ist a very cool <B style="color:black;background-color:#ffff66">Tab</B>-Tool. download the demo and visit the site MySongBook (you find the link on the GP4-Site). There you find Soldiers

Is this a good deal?

Is this a good deal?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Is this a good deal?

Yamaha Pacifica 912?

Yamaha Pacifica 912?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Yamaha Pacifica 912?

Uzbekistan shopping business online commerce

Welcome. This site is created to help you buy products and services in Uzbekistan, website is free, no registration required, most of our services are also free. You can find us at http://uzbekistan.bravehost.com or http://uzbekistan.4t.com

Be it buying Uzbek classical music CDs, delivering flowers to someone you love, making travel arrangements or something else unique depending from your circumstances we are ready to help you. Our representatives in Uzbekistan will make their best to meet your needs. Shopping for products and services in Uzbekistan is provided by Transoxiana Trust

PRODUCTS
SERVICES

Music and Movies

Classical/modern CDs($15.99), tapes($9.99), classical/modern movie video tapes ($24.99). Artists: Kumush Razzakova, Sherali Juraev, Botir Zokirov, Boborahim Hamdamov, Yulduz Usmanova, Avaz Olimov, Anvar Ganiev, Larisa Moskaleva, Ziynat, Bolalar, Setora, Yalla, Boombastic, Yuliya, Sadaf, Ulughbek Otajonov, Khoja, Bayram, Jahongir Otajonov, Lola, DJ Piligrim, Raykhon, Gies Boytoev, Anor... email and ask for any other artist. Shipping of CDs or tapes is about $3 per order.

Musical Instruments

Trumpets: karnai ($95.97), surnay ($59.87); flute: nay ($59.99); drums: noghora($79.92), childirma or doira ($89.95); stringed instruments: dutor ($196.98), rubob ($290.97), tanbur ($294.87), soz ($295.87), afgan rubab ($198.75), tor ($260.89), ghidjak ($198.56), carrying cases for stringed instruments ($69.78-$139.75). You can hear, see, learn about some of these instruments by clicking here and here

Household Items

Carpets ($248.99 - $499.80), furniture, tables, chests for transporting or storing different articles - sandiq ($79.80 - $149.80) / quti ($48.99 - $78.99), tableware, cookware, utensils, trays, knives ($4.99 - $99.90), pottery, suzane ($99.89) - embroidered velvet ...

Hand-made Apparel

Leather / rubber shoes (galoushes $6.99) / boots (mahsi $24.90), Uzbek nationall head dress - doppi navy blue, black and white, olive green $14.99, different designs for women $14.97), gowns (chopon $99.98, zar chopon $199.98), belts-belvoq($9.99), prayer rugs ($9.99)...

Medical Products, Books, Souvenirs

Foods

Dried cheese: qurt ($4.95 per kg.), kazi ($9.56), cotton seed oil, Uzbek bread, dried fruits, halva, sweets, candies...

Other

(feel free to email us your requests)
Travel to Uzbekistan

Reservations (rooms from $7 - $250. Hotels like Sheraton, Intercontinental, Radisson, Le Meridien...to learn more about hotels click here. Our guarantee to you is that through us you will get a rate that is lower compared to what you may get by calling to hotels personally), airport pick-up ($10), tours ($20 - $300), hiking, skiing, fishing... Student backpackers' best choice rooms we offer are for $7-$15 per day. These rooms ideally fit budget travelers, rooms are clean, furnished, conveniently located across Tashkent, heating, hot/cold water, tiled bathrooms, kitchen, phone... all amenities are available. Difference is that you may have to share all conveniences with another traveler or local host family.

Friends and Families

Delivery of flowers, presents, pizza (free delivery in Tashkent), parcels... etc

Real Estate

Rental (apt. or house from $90 and up per month), quotes/prices, research, consulting...

Business

Professional translation Uzbek/Russian/English (written $10 page, oral $10 hour), banking, consulting, establishing contacts...

Other

killer solo

What kinda of effect do i need to create those killer solos?, like the way metallica or iron maiden do it. please help me i've been trying to get it but i can't.
thank you

Re: killer solo

distortion pad and a super chorus could do it

fx schmex

call me a stuck up jazzer, but people rely WAY too much on fx. i walk into guitar center and im almost sickened by all the people with bad time, no tone, and horrible not choice buying into all these incredible fx. music is about texture, phrasing, intervals, rhythm, swells, tension, and resolution. i know im being quite harsh on some lad that only wanted to know what rig kirk hammet was playing on battery, but you know, i think you would find it much more satisfying to head down a different road. strive for great tone, which is acheived only by your fingers. big name companys will have you believe that tone is made by there expensive fx, but its just not true. again, sorry for the wicked post, im kind of in a pissed off mood at "wannabe" musicians. these are just my opinions and advice, but in the end, i guess its all about whatever makes you happy.

Norma pickups / 60's surface mount pickups

Norma pickups / 60's surface mount pickups

This popular thread has been given its own page : Norma pickups / 60's surface mount pickups

Sada Yairi Classical 800

Any one have or have info on a Sada Yairi Classical guitar model 800? What would the top be, spruce or cedar? How does it sound?

Re: Sada Yairi Classical 800

: Any one have or have info on a Sada Yairi Classical guitar model 800? What would the top be, spruce or cedar? How does it sound?

I have looked at several over the years. They are well contructed but they seem to suffer from fret buzz with age. Also the finish on the ones I've seen hasn't been that great. It seemed way to thick. The later year models have a pretty good reputation but I think they were still learning on these early models.

Marshall lead 100 MOSFET

Does anyone know where I can get a manual for this amp?

Re: Marshall lead 100 MOSFET

: Does anyone know where I can get a manual for this amp?

hey thes this anp sound good on a clean chanel

: hey does this anp sound good on a clean chanel

Patches para RP5 ou RP6

Patches para RP5 ou RP6

This popular thread has been given its own page : Patches para RP5 ou RP6

Antoria Les Paul 'Gold Top'!

Antoria Les Paul 'Gold Top'!

This popular thread has been given its own page : Antoria Les Paul 'Gold Top'!

Whats the difference between Passive and Active pick ups?

?

Re: Whats the difference between Passive and Active pick ups?

passive pickups are copper wire wrapped round a series of magnets, they require no electrical charge, active pickups require a 9volt battery to run them, they have a higher output and produce more gain.
you dont see a lot of active pickups these days, a number of bass guitars use them.

Mustang Re-paint

Hey guys,
I have a problem. I just bought this 1966 fender mustang and i need to get it reapinted. It's all dinged up and the paint is dulling and flaking off. how do I go about doing this?
e-mail me please.

Re: Mustang Re-paint

dont paint it, let it grow old gracefuly, think of the resale value after you paint it!

lee.

Les Paul or SG?

Hi there,
what are the obvious differences between a Les Paul or SG, they both have humbucker pickup and etc.
thnx
M.J.

Re: Les Paul or SG?

Having a Les Paul is like having a new baby, all of your friends and family will come around to see it!
Get an SG and nobody will care!

Jackson Guitars

I haer they can really wail. I was gonna buy a strat but i hear Jacksons are made by Fender and can kick some serious ass...but are they good for all types of music, or just hard rock?

Re: Jackson Guitars

Actually, Jackson guitars are made by Charvel not Fender. And yes they're pretty good. I'm selling one if you're interested.

Re: Jackson Guitars

I hear they can really wail. I heard Alexi Laiho from Children of Bodom play the Randy Rhodes guitar and it kicks ass. I was wondering if Jackson guitars are good for all types of music, but I'm mainly interested in a guitar for playing heavy metal. I especially like the Warrior MG series (all black) and the DKMG series all black guitar.

Punk Guitar

I'm going to buy an electric guitar but i don't know what would be good for playing Ramones styled punk. Please help me out. Thanks for the help.

Re: Punk Guitar

Buy a strat...they're the unofficial guitar of punk

: I'm going to buy an electric guitar but i don't know what would be good for playing Ramones styled punk. Please help me out. Thanks for the help.

Yes fender strat would tickle your fancy! ooooooh yaaaaaa might even float your boat!

this guy is talking punk 'old school' something a strat would know nothing about, too thin and wheezing and fizzing and yuck, if you want to rip out those old school pistols, buzzcocks, clash you need a true 70's multi mahog slabbed bodied les paul custom through a fender twin.
Lee

Buy something cheap that you can smash over someones head!

Ibanez Artist Guitar Wire Schematic

Ibanez Artist Guitar Wire Schematic

This popular thread has been given its own page : Ibanez Artist Guitar Wire Schematic

Uzbekistan musical instruments shopping buy deliver

Welcome. This site is created to help you buy products and services in Uzbekistan, website is free, no registration required, most of our services are also free. You can find us at http://uzbekistan.bravehost.com or http://uzbekistan.4t.com

Be it buying Uzbek classical music CDs, delivering flowers to someone you love, making travel arrangements or something else unique depending from your circumstances we are ready to help you. Our representatives in Uzbekistan will make their best to meet your needs. Shopping for products and services in Uzbekistan is provided by Transoxiana Trust

PRODUCTS
SERVICES

Music and Movies

Classical/modern CDs($15.99), tapes($9.99), classical/modern movie video tapes ($24.99). Artists: Kumush Razzakova, Sherali Juraev, Botir Zokirov, Boborahim Hamdamov, Yulduz Usmanova, Avaz Olimov, Anvar Ganiev, Larisa Moskaleva, Ziynat, Bolalar, Setora, Yalla, Boombastic, Yuliya, Sadaf, Ulughbek Otajonov, Khoja, Bayram, Jahongir Otajonov, Lola, DJ Piligrim, Raykhon, Gies Boytoev, Anor... email and ask for any other artist. Shipping of CDs or tapes is about $3 per order.

Musical Instruments

Trumpets: karnai ($95.97), surnay ($59.87); flute: nay ($59.99); drums: noghora($79.92), childirma or doira ($89.95); stringed instruments: dutor ($196.98), rubob ($290.97), tanbur ($294.87), soz ($295.87), afgan rubab ($198.75), tor ($260.89), ghidjak ($198.56), carrying cases for stringed instruments ($69.78-$139.75). You can hear, see, learn about some of these instruments by clicking here and here

Household Items

Carpets ($248.99 - $499.80), furniture, tables, chests for transporting or storing different articles - sandiq ($79.80 - $149.80) / quti ($48.99 - $78.99), tableware, cookware, utensils, trays, knives ($4.99 - $99.90), pottery, suzane ($99.89) - embroidered velvet ...

Hand-made Apparel

Leather / rubber shoes (galoushes $6.99) / boots (mahsi $24.90), Uzbek nationall head dress - doppi navy blue, black and white, olive green $14.99, different designs for women $14.97), gowns (chopon $99.98, zar chopon $199.98), belts-belvoq($9.99), prayer rugs ($9.99)...

Medical Products, Books, Souvenirs

Foods

Dried cheese: qurt ($4.95 per kg.), kazi ($9.56), cotton seed oil, Uzbek bread, dried fruits, halva, sweets, candies...

Other

Travel to Uzbekistan

Reservations (rooms from $7 - $250. Hotels like Sheraton, Intercontinental, Radisson, Le Meridien...to learn more about hotels click here. Our guarantee to you is that through us you will get a rate that is lower compared to what you may get by calling to hotels personally), airport pick-up ($10), tours ($20 - $300), hiking, skiing, fishing... Student backpackers' best choice rooms we offer are for $7-$15 per day. These rooms ideally fit budget travelers, rooms are clean, furnished, conveniently located across Tashkent, heating, hot/cold water, tiled bathrooms, kitchen, phone... all amenities are available. Difference is that you may have to share all conveniences with another traveler or local host family.

Friends and Families

Delivery of flowers, presents, pizza (free delivery in Tashkent), parcels... etc

Real Estate

Rental (apt. or house from $90 and up per month), quotes/prices, research, consulting...

Business

Professional translation Uzbek/Russian/English (written $10 page, oral $10 hour), banking, consulting, establishing contacts...

Other

Lee

Hello Lee!
Welcome to the world of the internet forum.

musicianship

Help! Egads!Umph! and huh!I need music!ANY LIKEMINDED PEOPLE OUT THERE PLEASE!Actually,I'm seriously looking for some serious thinkers who possess a genuine flair for the written word,who can put music to those words and are capable of working in a team environment on a possible new album that i am thinking of putting together.
The type of music I am into is extremely diverse,yet,I am always open to new ideas.
What I am looking for is a whole range of people,but at present must stick to the basic plot of getting the foundation laid first.
Please feel free to drop me a line anytime as I really am DYING to hear from you.

wurlitzer electric hollowbody bass

I have one of these in pretty good shape. It's missing the pickguard and a knob. Anyone have one? or interested in buying this?

Epiphone

I am new to guitars and recently I was given an Epiphone guitar. The only information I have on it is written on the back of the guitar where the neck joins the body it says Epiphone Company Nashville Tennesee and a serial number 15120059 It looks like a Les Paul Copy but I really would like to know if anyone can tell me what model it is. It sounds really nice and has two volume and two tone controls with two humbucker pick ups. Any info would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance

Re: Epiphone EA03051862

: I am new to guitars and recently I was given an Epiphone guitar. The only information I have on it is written on the back of the guitar where the neck joins the body it says Epiphone Company Nashville Tennesee and a serial number 15120059 It looks like a Les Paul Copy but I really would like to know if anyone can tell me what model it is. It sounds really nice and has two volume and two tone controls with two humbucker pick ups. Any info would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance

Digitech RP5 or RP6 Patches

Digitech RP5 or RP6 Patches

This popular thread has been given its own page : Digitech RP5 or RP6 Patches

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.