Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - March, 2004

Archive for posts from March, 2004

ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

marshall valvestate 8200

Does anyone know where I can find a circuit diagram for a marshall valvestate 8200 bichorus ? Thanks !

Epiphone Les Paul Custom

any good?...or crap?

Re: Epiphone Les Paul Custom

excellent, the newer type ones have better quality pickups, the older ones used to feedback a little and were a bit weedy, they now have 'potted' pickups, the body construction is as good as ever, 2 peice mahogany, they sound very authentic, i dont own one, i have played one or two. but if you want a cracking les paul 'copy' go for an 80's tokai love rock, absolutely stunning instruments, far better than the epi's.

Lee.

David Gilmour

I need to Identify the lead guitar played by David Gilmour on his "In Concert" DVD. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Re: David Gilmour

: I need to Identify the lead guitar played by David Gilmour on his "In Concert" DVD. Any help will be greatly appreciated

It's probably a black Gretsch Duo-Sonic guitar. he uses it in the momentary lapse of reason album and its most possibly the one that he uses "In Concert"
Obviously has 2 humbucker pickups but it also has TWO three-way switches...which is pretty wierd...gotta do some research on it
M.J.

Re: David Gilmour

It´s a Gretsch Duo-Jet like George Harrison 1th american guitar.

LOTS Of GUITAR STUFF ON MIRC! A MUST CHECK!!!

There is a new channel on mIRC with lots of guitar videos, scanned books, tabs... We currently have 5 bots online who share the stuff!! Growin bigger

irc.newnet.net
#guitarvideos

If you don` know what mIRC is, go here www.mirc.com and download mIRC and read about it. Happy downloading and sharing!

mustang help

i've just changed the strings on my mustang for the first time (since buying it) the bloke i bought it off has put heavy strings on it (10's or 11's), and, i assume, set it up accordingly. the only strings i had opn hand are 9's. the problem is, the strings are buzzing like you wouldn't know. will the different string guage make a difference? or should i get it checked out?

Re: mustang help

the strings you have put on are a lighter gauge and causing less stress on the neck and has caused the neck to straighten and create the buzz you are talking about, if you ask me 9's are rubbish, they are too light, unless you want to keep the 9's i would suggest you put back a good set of 10-46's or 10-48's, if you want to keep the 9's then you will have to adjust the truss rod and probably the saddle height too, take my advice put a set of 10's on, D'Addario do an excellent set.
Lee

Re: mustang help

Most old Fenders, I find, play better with heavy guage strings. On Jaguars, Jazzmasters, and Mustangs, my suggestion would be to go no lighter than a .10 or preferrably an .11 on the top end.

Fannin d57

NEED HELP!!!!!!!

I have a Fannin d57 Serial#01154CY79. This guitar sounds and look great. How do you find out what one of these instruments are worth? How to identify its age? How many made? and how to judge the condition?

Re: Fannin d57

I also have one has anyone told you anything about it?

BUTTER?????

Is their a difference between an all black sg standard and a sg ebony?

about money

If you want to earn some money with little and easy work try the site
www.the-day-dreamer.com
To enter the site you need this password: lu390101jech0312

how much is my Hagstrom III worth?

its in good condition and was made in sweden, sunburst and black, everythin works

Re: how much is my Hagstrom III worth?

: its in good condition and was made in sweden, sunburst and black, everythin works

About $300 - $400 depending what color it is. Red is the best...

Circuit diagram

Please mail me the circuit diagram of Jackson's active bass pickup

Thank u

Re: Circuit diagram

please send me circuit diagram of SHURE wireless microphone ( transmitter and receiver )

Harmony Archtop Pickguard Problem

Harmony Archtop Pickguard Problem

This popular thread has been given its own page : Harmony Archtop Pickguard Problem

req songs

please send me sonu nigams diwana and others songs

Ventura Guitars!~

Ventura Guitars!~

This popular thread has been given its own page : Ventura Guitars!~

Sessionette 75 electrical diagram

Has anyone got a schematic of a Sessionette 75
. Thanks

Re: Sessionette 75 electrical diagram

good links and schems here:
http://www.schematicheaven.com/
Lee

Re: Sessionette 75 electrical diagram

: Has anyone got a schematic of a Sessionette 75
: . Thanks

Late reactie, ik was zelf op zoek, heb iets gevonden!
mail me, dan stuur ik het je op.

Noël.

Yamaki guitars - my model Yamaki MC 400

My Yamaki Concierto MC 400 was bought in 1975 in Tromsø, Norway. I tested several other classical guitars for nearly 6 months. But my Yamaki won! Easy to play, a very good sound and good looking for a very reasonable price compared to more famous guitar brands. I paid about $ 400 in -75. After having tested guitars today, I doubt I can find the same quality below $ 1500 (!). Do anyone else have experience with clasical models of Yamaki? Does the brand still exist? I haven't found any Yamaki guitars in Norway since -78 (!)

Muted string at fret 19...

Hi!. I own a Epi Les Paul Custom and when I play the first string (high E) pressed at the 19th fret all I get is a muted sound. It's the only place & string with this problem!! it sounds great in any other fret!!...

Re: Muted string at fret 19...

look down the neck, can you see a prominent fret?
sounds like its lifted a little on the 19th fret, if you can see that is the problem you can take it to a guitar repaier and get the frets stoned (levelled.)
Lee.

$ epiphone ft-120 worth

what is a gibson- epiphone ft-120 acoustic gutiar that is in near perfect condition worth?????

Re: $ epiphone ft-120 worth

200 to 300

can I get some feedback one of my songs?

hey guys, just thought I'd ask for some feedback. We recorded this in a storage for 80 bucks so I'm pretty happy but what do you guys think?

Re: can I get some feedback one of my songs?

: hey guys, just thought I'd ask for some feedback. We recorded this in a storage for 80 bucks so I'm pretty happy but what do you guys think?
go to the music page

http://devoted.to/slippedup

Re: can I get some feedback one of my songs?

: : hey guys, just thought I'd ask for some feedback. We recorded this in a storage for 80 bucks so I'm pretty happy but what do you guys think?
: go to the music page

: http://devoted.to/slippedup

It sounds good. I really like the instrumentation. Killer guitar, drums, and bass. The vocals are good but need to be recorded differently - they're a little too distant, though I know you did this on a shoestring. Maybe they could be a little more emotional - scream a little to compliment the guitar.
I thought the lyrics were just OK, but overall, pretty good.

Guitar designing

Can anybody tell me how to get into the guitar designing business? I'm currently studying for a mechanical engineering degree.
thanks

Martin-Shannondoah

Were was it made and what would be the vlaue for one in used mint condition?

Godin LGXT for sale

3-voice synth guitar in Mint condition for sale! Good deal view it here : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3712590211&category=2384

Re: Godin LGXT for sale

That would be FOR AUCTION!

: 3-voice synth guitar in Mint condition for sale! Good deal view it here : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3712590211&category=2384

fingerstyleguitar

can anyone help me figure out how to play, mr. sandman fingerstyle. I think it's usually played in the key of A. I relly need the chords & their position.

what is the difference between an electric guitar and an acoustic guitar?

I've been getting lessons on the acoustic guitar. I want to play the electric but people tell me that you have to learn the acoustic first then you'll know how to play the electric guitar. Is that true? If it is not true what is the difference in playing the electric than playing the acoustic.

Re: what is the difference between an electric guitar and an acoustic guitar?

: I've been getting lessons on the acoustic guitar. I want to play the electric but people tell me that you have to learn the acoustic first then you'll know how to play the electric guitar. Is that true? If it is not true what is the difference in playing the electric than playing the acoustic.

Michael

I don't have a compeling reason one way or the other but I will ask this, What are your goals in playing guitar? Certainly every kid in the world wants to crank it up. Electronics is cool and electric guitars are, in my experience, much easier to play. But as you get more involved with the guitar, you'll begin to appreciate the character of each kind of guitar - acoustic or electric. I have a Les Paul electric, a Guild acoustic, and a Yamaha classical. I want a Dobro or International to get a southern sound. I wouldn't choose one guitar over the other - I use them all. It just depends what I need them for. I appreciate finger picking and screaming leads. I record music so I want access to every sound I can get my hands on. If your goal is to be a lead guitar player and you don't think you'll ever change, then electric is for you - playing an acoustic guitar will just boar you. But don't sell the acoustic short. Some of the most intriguing guitar playing I've done in my life has been on acoustic guitar.

my 0.2 cents worth

how to : playing with a recording live

hi
i'm in a 3 piece band and we need to play some other recorded guitars and keys section live because we do not enough members.. how do we do that?
thanks in advance

Re: how to : playing with a recording live

thats a difficult one because of the tempo of your live song against the tempo of the live version, are they short guitar parts you need to playback? if so you could try putting them on a sampler keyboard, assign a different guitar part to each key.
Lee

hi
err.. the part we're missing is mainly the rythm guitar and some synth throught the whole song.. what is a sampler keyboard? is a midi controller with a sound module anywhere close to it's function? thanks

if you have a live drummer it will prove very difficult to do.

Norman b-55

Ummmm i found an old norman b55....wondering what it's worth,...cause i might buy it off the guy,...sounds pretty good actualley

guitar tab

I am interested for the real guitars tabs (open tuning)of wedding song performed by Paul Stookey from the
LP " Paul and" released in 1971.
Thank you for your attention

Re: guitar tab

http://www.guitarsrule.com/tablature/

lee

spanish guitar

I need to learn some spanish guitar chords. CAn anyone help me plaese.

RAMONES

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE JOHHNY RAMONE LIVES?

mesaboogie duel recto

hey guys was wondering if any one had some good tips for getting the best pacifier sound out of my mesa eg bold spongy full power vacume valves or diodes ect. you will know what im on about if you have one.

mesaboogie duel recto

hey guys was wondering if any one had some good tips for getting the best pacifier sound out of my mesa eg bold spongy full power vacume valves or diodes ect. you will know what im on about if you have one.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.