Home Forums Discussion Monthly Discussion Guitar Discussion Forum Archive – January, 2005

Viewing 225 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Why does my “G” String seem to go out of tune more easily than the others?

Anonymous

All strings have a core wire. The G, D , A , and Bass E strings have a winding around the core. Even though the G string appears to be thicker than the High E and B strings, its core is actually thinner, thus making it more prone to going out of tune.

The G string is also one of those strings that are hard to set up for intonation. Most factory guitars are off a bit. This can make it seem like the string is going out of tune because one chord will sound OK, and another won’t.

Anonymous

Hi, I’m looking for some guitar plans for a Flying V. A jackson/ESP style V would be preferred but any help is welcome! If you can help in any way, please e-mail me at: [email protected] Cheers, Hywel

Anonymous

I have an old Mansfield accoustic guitar that i’ve had since i was young. It’s an AW 460 and it’s still in pretty good condition. If anyone has any info on it’s history or worth, i would greatly appreciate it. thanks.

Anonymous

I am thinking of buying an Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 combo but there is no recording output wich is the only thing puting me off this otherwise amazing amp. I know I can mic it but I want as little messing about as possible and also dont want to shell out loads of £££££££ on a mic that will give a good representation of the amp. So is there a signal transformer on the market or can anyone draw me up a circuit of something that will transform ‘the cabinet ext out’ into a lower power recording signal?

Anonymous

I have a LP Deluxe No 503405 on the headstock,it does not have mini humbuckers and is Cherry Sunburst with a 60’s slim neck….any help with date of manufacture. I think it was pre Nashville.

Anonymous

we have a dm3 sigma guitar from CF Martin and Company. It has serial # sk 100790 Est. 1970. What would the value of this guitar be? Thanks

Anonymous

Looking for a vista Jagmaster MIJ (made in Japan). Any color. Also e-mail if any other vista series guitars are available as well. Thanks, Zach ([email protected]

Anonymous

i am new 2 playing the bass and like hevey metal music but i dont what songs 2 start playing can some one give me any ideas

Anonymous

i need a new distortion pedal to play some heavy metal stuff, right now i have a boss ds-1 distortion pedal and its just not doing it for me

Anonymous

: I suggest you get an effects pedal, The Digitech Rp 50, or any digitech model is good. It gives you a good range of sounds and you can also customize your own distortion, The Rp 50 is around 70$

Anonymous

those things are ok on headphones and low volume but get very fizzy and suck the tone right out of your guitar at gigging volumes, if you want a distortion pedal then buy a distortion pedal not a cheap multi effects pedal.

Anonymous

A Messa Boogie V-Twin pre amp pedal has two channels of tube distortion and get some nice compression for defined chugging/sustain.

Anonymous

or for the same price get yourself the MT-2 and a 2 week holiday in a 5 star hotel in vegas.

Anonymous

i normaly recomend the Pro Cat turbo rat, a fantastic pedal, but it may not be metal enough for you, ive played a Boss MT-2 metal zone, which has a 3 band EQ and will give you the sound you want.

Anonymous

boss mt-2 metalzone all the way…f*cking great.

Anonymous

I recently purchased a second hand ibanez but i dont know what it is exactly. Its an s series. its a sorta metallic purple, its got a floyd rose , h-s-h configuration. its also got wavy line inserts on the neck, which is light , with a dark fingerboard. i’d really like to know what it could be….help!

Anonymous

I am almost positive you have purchased the Ibanez S370, you can tell by the color

Anonymous

: I recently purchased a second hand ibanez but i dont know what it is exactly. Its an s series. its a sorta metallic purple, its got a floyd rose , h-s-h configuration. its also got wavy line inserts on the neck, which is light , with a dark fingerboard. i’d really like to know what it could be….help! btw, its not the new style roller trem, its the older twin pivot type.

Anonymous

to learn base guitar,so piease send me a book or materials to learn base guitar.thank u.

Anonymous

#1, its -bass- #2, any book that you can buy in a music store is good for beginners

Anonymous

I have the user manual, but I need the service manual/schematic for a Fostex E-16 reel to reel multi-tracker, help if you can

Anonymous

Hi I am wanting to try and make my own guitar. I only have one problem. It is that I have to work with a low budget. I am 12 years old and I love playing the guitar but I want a Les Paul. That is one of the reasons I want to make guitars. I also need to buy parts for the guitar and tools to make it. I will devote lots of time to this project and hopefully it will take me far. THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!! remember 2 things: low budget and i’m starting from scratch THANKSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

I think that it is great that you want to make your own guitar. You will learn about guitars and what makes one sound good. Low budget is relative. Your best bet might be to get a Martin guitar kit. They cost as little as $220, but for that money you will end up with a very nice instrument. They have a web site: http://www.martinguitar.com/1833/catalog.php?cat=Kits%20Parts%20%26%20Tools Good Luck and keep strumming! –Chris

Anonymous

Hey I was just looking for graham colton tabs for "wide open" and "find me." i can’t seem to find them anywhere. anyone know? thanks

Anonymous

I have a ‘peavey basic 40’ bass amp and it cuts out during use. the only way to get it working is to move the Pre-gain knob to full which brings it back to life and then it works fine.it cuts out at any volume with any setting and when the amp is hot or cold. ive taken the amp apart to look for loose connections but couldnt see any.is there any way to fix it?

Anonymous

I am trying to find information about the Takamine/Martin Lawsuit: when did it happen and what was it about? Who won? Neither Martin nor Takamine include any information in their histories: is there some kind of gag order, or are they both really embarassed about it, or is it all so well known that nobody seems to discuss it? Thanks for replies!

Anonymous

I plan to relic a butterscotch tele to resemble as closely as possible an original ’52. I’m a pretty good craftsman, but I don’t know the techniques to age the metal, age the finish, etc. Can anybody out there give me some advice? Thanks.

Anonymous

If there is anybody in the yorktown Va. area that plays guitar or anything and wants to start a band please reply- peace

Anonymous

I got a bp 15 that my friend gave to me because he fried it by trying to hook them up togther, he connected them by connecting them through the exit speaker jack, I already tryed replacing the fuse but no luck, is there any hope of this thing getting fixed for cheap?

Anonymous

i dont know what a bp15 amp is, but it sounds like it could be the output transformer, its usualy this if you mismatch speaker impedence. you should realy take it to a shop and get a tech to look at it.

Anonymous

LOOKING FOR ANY LINK OR HELP THAT CAN POINT ME IN A DIRECTION TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE GUITAR I HAVE. REGARDS CHRIS

Anonymous

tumhari maa mat chudaao gandmron

Anonymous

I have a problem with my Ibanez RG440. At the 15th fret the string is pretty dead and if I bend at all I get no sound whatsoever. Any ideas? Thanks, Tim

Anonymous

Which string? I would guess that if it isn’t noting out anywhere above there or below there then you must have a low 15th fret. It should be noting at the 16th fret though. What you’ve described sounds unusual. I would imagine that you need either a fret replacement or fret dressing aroung it. Perhaps it is just too flat.

Anonymous

is this a note that sounds briefly and then dies off real quick with no sustain? or does it not sound at all?

Anonymous

Hi there… I sell VALID AND FRESH CVV + FULL INFO from USA. If you interest to buy, just contact me at [email protected] I have nice price and nice card balance. Thank you.

Anonymous

I wana Download Rapture Dhol plz advice me

Anonymous

I wanna Download Rapture Dhol plz advice me.

Anonymous

Hi, my friend is trying to sell me a guitar, a congress c-105. (dont think its a hofner) I’ve tried searching the net for more info on the guitar, but couldnt find any, so i’ll like to ask whether any of you have heard of it, and is it considered a good or average guitar? If possible, please tell me the approximate market price of the guitar too… thanks alot 😀

Anonymous

wayne charvel green meanie help

This popular thread has been given its own page : wayne charvel green meanie help

Anonymous

ive been playing guitar for a couple years now and am really into it, ive been thinking about buying an ebow but i dunno if ill like it or not, if u have one or have played with one give me an honest opinion, i also am thinking about getting a new amp big enough for gigging, within 3-400$ price range, thanks

Anonymous

Anyone have any experience with sunn amps? I am attempting to locate a footswitch for a concert lead. 70’s amp. Or maybe a footswitch cmpatible with sunn?

Anonymous

Hey All, I have a Baldwin B1 Bass Amp, circa ’67 – ’70. Looking to get rid of it. Wondering how much one goes for. This one is in VG condition, still works. Vinyl siding is peeling off slightly in places.

Anonymous

GR-09 Guitar Synth ~Info | ~Links | ~FORUM | etc… http://communities.zeelandnet.nl/data/gr09

Anonymous

I have an MT-2 pedal which does not switch on. I loaned it to someone who very possibly used the wrong voltage plug. What would be the best way to repair this? Thanks.

Anonymous

Man what a helpful forum. o\\\

Anonymous
      Anonymous

I have a Mexican made Fender Strat made in I believe 95. I think it is a Wayne’s World model. Does that make it worth more or less? Anybody have an idea of what its worth – ballpark figure? Thanks Tyler

Anonymous

i need a schematic!

Anonymous

: : try guitarnucleus.com

Anonymous

My Dad left me 3 Martin Guitars. I don’t play them and I have been thinking about possibly trying to sell them. Can anyone give me an idea of what they might be worth? This is the info I have: Martin D-28 S/N: 433900. It has a Hard Shell Martin Case with it and it looks to be in Nearly New Condition. Martin D-28 S/N: 162243. It has it’s original Hard Shell Case. This is the guitar my Dad played on the most. It has scratches on the front and back and it looks like the pick guard has been changed. Martin D-18 S/N: 175306 It has 000-78 written inside as well. This one looks to be in excellent condition. I hope someone can point me in the right direction, on what I should get for these guitars.

Anonymous

My guitar amp turns off after about 20 min of play time, what could be the cause of this promblem? i have a peavey express 112 with one 12" speaker, please some one tell me something at least a rough estimate of how its gonna cost me

Anonymous

: My guitar amp turns off after about 20 min of play time, what could be the cause of this promblem? i have a peavey express 112 with one 12" speaker, : please some one tell me something at least a rough estimate of how its gonna cost me Sound as if it is over-heating. Is that possible? What, if any effects are you using? Dust or not enough air to keep it from over-heating? Is the amp under warrenty? Find authorized repair and compare costs. Whatelse is sharing the circut your amp is pluged into? i.e. fridge washer/drier/// fighting for proper voltage. Good Luck, Shed

Anonymous

sounds like a dry solder joint, heats up, expands and cuts out, it wont cost a lot in parts but it could be labour intensive.

Anonymous

Hey you all ! Dean Guitars signed Michael Schenker !!! Check it out at http://www.deanguitars.com !!!

Anonymous

are you ever on the lookout for novel plectrum ideas if not do you know anyone who would be

Anonymous

Yamaha/Nippon Gakki solid electric guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Yamaha/Nippon Gakki solid electric guitar

Anonymous

i bought a used squier strat from large music store back in 95 or 96 and am now trying to figure out if it’s a fake/real/what the deal is… found a date stamp, Jul 26, 1988 (or 1989 it’s blurry) and a letter F (at least i think it is) behind the butt of the neck stamped on the body. the headstock says: "Squier, by Fender, STRATOCASTER, Made in U.S.A." and i can’t find a serial number! any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks

Anonymous

im not that up on US strats but i know they made some squiers in the 80’s, cant think why someone would want to fake it.

Anonymous

I am considering purchasing a G&L Comanche. I would like to hear some feedback from anyone who owns one.

Anonymous

Hello, I sold my 1965 white Vox Phantom XII string guitar to Sam Ash music stores on Long Island in New York in 1970. At that time it was painted blue. If this guitar rings a bell, please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it. I am looking to purchase another Vox Phantom XII. If you know of any for sale, please keep me in mind. Thank you very much, Bobby

Anonymous

we are a hard rock band kinda starting from scratch. we have a bassist, drummer, and lead vocalist who is a female. we are interested in looking for a guitarist asap. we live in massachusetts. if your anywhere near us and interested in joining please email me at [email protected]

Anonymous

Zelfde Kaka, nieuwe locatie !

Anonymous

: Zelfde Kaka, nieuwe locatie ! You’re a piece of work! Can you hold your breath 5 minutes?

Anonymous

: : Zelfde Kaka, nieuwe locatie ! : You’re a piece of work! Can you hold your breath 5 minutes? Ya momma!

Anonymous

I have the number, just need to find out which model it is. It is a Japanese stat style with a Floyd and Pickguard. Looks mid 80’s early 90’s. Serial# 376056

Anonymous

1/11/05 found this ibanez guitar with p90 creme cover pick ups and do not know what model it is or about what price it is worth.it has a set neck and a small body with the bridge set way back on the body.3 on the side tuners and serial starts with an s.can anyone tell me about this guitar? thanks [email protected]

Anonymous

hello, i recentely purchased an american strat from my local music store (it was used). I am wondering if anyone can tell me what year it is. The serial number on it is ZO287431. If you can help me, either drop me a note at my email or just post a replay. Thank you!

Anonymous

http://www.idpz.net/mcfly/ My mp3 (metalica murderdolls)

Anonymous

I have a 12 string Alveraz bought in 1984 for 500.00 How can I find out what it’s worth. I also have a Goya 6 string age unknown

Anonymous

does anybody have a wiring diagram for a 3 p.u. les paul black beauty thanks, greg

Anonymous

Mark@Sonic

Anonymous

:Mark Robertson :Julia Robertson :Graeme Robertson :Craig Robertson :Kathleen Robertson

Anonymous

: :Mark Robertson : :Julia Robertson : :Graeme Robertson : :Craig Robertson : :Kathleen Robertson Intelligent question. You made your point. Stay on this forum for intelligent answers. The other forums either don’t want your subject or would cut yours off.

Anonymous

:Mark Robertson :Julia Robertson :Graeme Robertson :Craig Robertson :Kathleen Robertson

Anonymous

Anybody know off hofner club 60 (POA) for a sale

Anonymous

: Anybody know off hofner club 60 (POA) for a sale

Anonymous

: : Anybody know off hofner club 60 (POA) for a sale I have a blonde Club 60 serial no: 1269 together with what I believe to be the original case. The guitar is in superb condition with only a few minor dents to the woodwork. I have owned it since 1963 but it was made in 1960/61 probably. I also have a book "The Hofner Guitar-A History" to go with it.

Anonymous

: Anybody know off hofner club 60 (POA) for a sale i have a hofner copy from japan,its a paul mccartney.beautiful wood violin type.ill take $200 for it

Anonymous

If anyone has a Seagull S6 for sale cheap, I am looking for one. E-mail me with details.

Anonymous

I’ve got a Washburn KC-20. Wondering if anyone can tell me anything about it?

Anonymous

I recently obtained a lovely Fender Telecaster from a relative, and I was wondering if anyone could give me a bit of info on it. Year. Value. Etc. I doubt I’d sell it [it’s a lovely, if unusual, sounding sunburst] but I’d like to know a bit more about it. Serial number: N3934529

Anonymous

: I recently obtained a lovely Fender Telecaster from a relative, and I was wondering if anyone could give me a bit of info on it. Year. Value. Etc. : I doubt I’d sell it [it’s a lovely, if unusual, sounding sunburst] but I’d like to know a bit more about it. : Serial number: N3934529 There are 2 options here. Either the moderator blocked my reply or you didn’t read it in the first place. Will give YOU the benefit of the doubt, but let someone else spin their wheels.

Anonymous

I am looking at a lefty strat, original contour body, made in USA, that has a neck plate with this info on it: "Y100-O16CR Yamano 100th Anniversary 1892-1992" The serial number starts with Z0… so that is supposed to mean it was made in 2000, so the neck plate is confusing to me. It has a strange pick up configuration also: a single coil by the neck, what looks like a soap bar in the middle, and a double coil at an angle at the bridge. Does anyone know anything about this guitar, or what it might be worth?

Anonymous

Okay, which is best. To change the entire set at once or to change them one at a time? Some tutors say change them all at once while giving the neck a thorough clean and some say change one at a time thereby maintaing tension in the neck. I’ve just broke the B string so I’d like to know which is the best way?

Anonymous

I dont think it matters, i prefer to change them all at once, whats all this maintaining neck tension? just go for whatever feels good for you.

Anonymous

If you have a tremolo set to float, or if you have a lot of relief in your neck(that is space between the bottom of the string and the top of the fret at about the 8th fret when the strings are depressed at the first fret, anyhting over 2 or 3 mm would be a lot) then yes, it will be easier to get the strings back to pitch where they will hold by replacing them one by one. You should always replace the whole set though each time. As far as cleaning the neck/frets goes, you can do this with the strings on.

Anonymous

I’ve saw Brad Paisley playing a McPherson Guitar when he and Allison Krauss appeared on the Country Music Award show. I’ve also seen him play it at his concert. It had a very clean sound and I think it looks great. Anyone else following either Brad Paisley or McPherson? I found their site at http://www.mcphersonguitar.com

Anonymous

Can anyone tell me the manufacture date of an Epi Jr? Serial number SJ04044628. Gibson says one day and blue book says another.

Anonymous

moderator required…www.darjeeling.co.nr here

Anonymous

Im looking for a good electric guitar with a good sound

Anonymous

look at a carvin, those things are great and are all special order, best guitar for the money in my opinion. go to carvin.com and check them out

Anonymous

3 words: GIBSON SG STANDARD (actualy 1 name 1 word and an acronym) SG rocks.

Anonymous

Fender guitars age good, too. Look into Lace Sensors if you intend on using pedals- I imagine everyone will totally disagree, but they have alot of sound integrity. I’d say a Fender of some sort. Gibsons are great guitars, but if you’re gonna get one, you’d almost want to go all out, because every dollar spent on a Gibson is a good investment. I d’know. Check on Harmony Central and eBay for more ideas if you need to. A Gibson is a valid guitar, but a Fender is probably what you’re looking for at the moment.

Anonymous

anyone have a hagstrom? (preferably kent model, dont want an archtop or anything) in decent condition? (no damage, the necks fine and everything, maybe the finish is really wearing away) would you like to sell it for under $250 Canadian (or what ever that is in your country)? I would like you to sell it. I really would

Anonymous

even just like another old guitar (univox hi-flyer, mosrite ventures, fender duosonic) thatd also be great

Anonymous

I, too, am looking for a very affordable Gibson SG. Please e-mail me with any finds.

Anonymous

im glade to see so many SG lovers, these guitars really do rock, if you want an affordable on go for the special.

Anonymous

wanted vox pedal, valve tone v810

This popular thread has been given its own page : wanted vox pedal, valve tone v810

Anonymous

I Would like to know about serial number of my guitar. MN589071, M(Mexican), N(1990) 5(1995), and rest???

Anonymous

I would want to know the specifications of this guitar, about number of frets, deep of the body, etc. and comments about this model

Anonymous

Hello, I have a Gibson SG ’99 (USA) Standard that I’m customising. Ive got a spare gibson PAF humbucker, and I’d like to know if it’s possible to install this humbucker as a middle pickup on my SG to give three pickups? If so, how much work/cost is this likely to involve, and what steps are needed to be taken to install, prepare etc.? Are there any internet guides available? Any help gratefully appreciated, peace to all. Al.

Anonymous

is your standard one with the ‘batwing’ pick guard?? if so take off the pick guard and see if you have routing for a 3rd pickup, if you do its just a case of buying a new pickguard with 3 pickup holes cut in it (there is a 3 pickup SG custom model) from WD Music or someone, if not then you could have a go at routing it yourself.

Anonymous

Helo, the pcikguard is the large typel, not the style found on the 61 reissues, more like the one s on the custons. Routing myself – i.e just (basically) make room for the pickup in the wood? What wiring has to be done – is the wiring difficult? Cheers for the help, much appreciated! Alex

Anonymous

if you have the larger batwing type of pick guard you need to replace it with a batwing 3 pickup pickguard, i have seen them about, i think it was on the project guitar website, you can get a link there to custom made pickguards, the problem is the original 3 pickup SG was a Custom SG, and had the smaller type 61 reissue type stratchplate execpt it was obviously a smaller one to make way for the 3rd pickup, from my knowledge of SG’s there was never a ‘Batwing’ 3 pickup model. So at least you will have something original, but you need a batwing 3 pickup scratchplate, you will need to route out under the strachplate to make way for the pickup, when you take off the batwing it will be obvious what you have to do, wiring is an easy affair, i take it you want to wire it into the original 3-way toggle switch? so that each pickup plays on its own? there are lots of websites that can show you this should you get that far., i have an SG standard and its not something ive pondered on, ive always found the 2 pickups more than adequate, and the tonal range between the sitching spot on, but i wouldnt mind a maestro lyre tailpeice though, the angus young / paul weller type. Good luck with your quest.

Anonymous

I have a guitar that was given to me six or so years ago for christmas. I am trying to figure out the brand of this guitar and its value, if any. The only possible indentifying marks on it are and SR engraved at the top of the neck and a model number stamped on the back. It is acoustic steel string and is in good condition. Any suggestions on how to figure this out would be appriciated.

Anonymous

Can anyone recommend a good Left-handed 5-string Bass Guitar that won’t break the bank? (ie less than $500). I have seen a Dean 5-string on Adirondack, and a Yamaha on a different site. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

I’ve just seen a lefty strat for sale that has an interesting neck plate. It has what appears to be an ID number, then it says the following: "Yamano 100th Anniversary 1892-1992" Funny thing is that the serial number on the peghead is a Z0… number indicating it was made in 2000. Anyone know anything about this?

Anonymous

Visit http://www.sunrecords.net listen 4 songs. Do you play electric guitar? enjoy with Manu Herrera.

Anonymous

Does anyone know the difference between the E-V N/D257A and E-V N/D257B vocal mikes?

Anonymous

I have a 1966 kay bass m3 that I have bought and would like to know what it is worth. It is in great shape and plays extremely well.

Anonymous

: I have a 1966 kay bass m3 that I have bought and would like to know what it is worth. It is in great shape and plays extremely well. I don’t know about the M-3 Rickey but the 2004 VG Price Guide estimes the M-1 between $1,500-1,900 and the M-5 between $1,700-2,100. This should get you in the ballpark. Check out my website VintAxe.com if you ever get a chance, I have several Kay catalogs posted. SB

Anonymous

moderators required here http://www.darjeeling.co.nr

Anonymous

i found a 57 strat reissue for $1430 w/varnish removed wow (another jimi freak). anybody willing to pay $500 for my kramer to help pay for the strat.kramer is black w/floyd rose,locking nut,one treble pickup,no tone control, rosewood neck.sustain you wouldnt believe acoustically and plugged in.i dont want to sell just a whim there might be some heavy metal people in existence.i was at world guitar show yesterday nothing even resembled this.i hear there is a room in vegas w/ 100 heavy metal guitars.comes w/ cool old tan case.pics available

Anonymous

i purchased this cabinet brand new on dec 11 came in early jan with a hole poked thru the front. another coming in. the store doesnt like me now, wants me to take a demo model.wasnt my fault, it never left the store.anyway,my question is:are these cabs made of birch ply anymore?im going nuts trying to buy anything new in sf. the last fender cyber twin pedal was smashed by forklift then opened at same store and cord/paperwork taken,they blamed that on me also, then it turned out their fault w/no apology. am i whining or setting up a semi-quality firsttimer studio. korg and fender keep an eye on your shipments your people on the west coast bay area USA are careless animals.is it the economy or are people’s moral values out the door.back to work so i can be abused more by society.happy new year fellow musicians

Anonymous

Steve, those marshall cabs are still made from birch ply, and they are still made in Milton Keynes UK, not gone to China yet, unlike the Vox valve amps and now all celestion speakers, i suppose if they do go to china then we will see the cabs made from Hardboard or something.

Anonymous

tnks for the info a guy in marin here says use 2 1960 b cabinets w/ 75 watt speakers with my fender cyber twin head im just small time recording perhaps the effects will be fun i realize the head is not the end of the world but neil schoen plays one from what i gather with a 1960b. so what about 75w vs 30w speakers i guess its a matter of taste.im a jimi nut but clarity then breakup at higher volumes seems to be my piece of cake. any input

Anonymous

wow vintage 30 with a greenback who’d a thunk it great idea you must be a true pro

Anonymous

im not a lover of the gt-75’s they have a hard edge sound to them, which is great for the newer type rock sound, but i like 70’s classic rock sound, i have a 2×12 marshall cab with a vintage 30, and a g12 greenback, the combination is very good, a lot of people use this setup, so if classic rock is your thing then try it.

Anonymous

: I visit http://www.classicalguitar-veena.com it is very interesting and very good for Guitar World and all Guitar players

Anonymous

First questions, Who is Alan Jacksons guitar player? He’ great! could use any information on him. Two, Is there any magazines that lean more toward country pickers?I would like to read more about Albert Lee,Red volkart,Don Rich,Brent Mason,Brent Rowan,the list goes on and on but I have not found any publications on country players. Three, I bought a Gibson Les Paul Hollow Body,can anybody tell me what its worth or any information on it.

Anonymous

salam az tarfe shukria bary khohar azizam mozhgan jan

Anonymous

i imagine this is a common question, but what is the best way to go about learning guitar? is it chords, scales, perfect & relative pitch, technique? what? i never get a good answer

Anonymous

Practice practice practice, and all of the above, you need to learn the chords to play those songs and impress your friends, you need theory to understand how it all goes together, you need scales to play those in key improvised solos, not sure about perfect pitch but technique would be what sets you apart from everyone else, i used to play scales all the time, on my electric without it plugged in, just watching TV or listening to the radio, but i got to learn them off hand, but the most important is the first, practice practice practice.

Anonymous

Your ears are the most important thing. You can’t just learn the secret. You have to get to the point where what you want to do comes right out as you hear it in your head. You need to always make sure your guitar is in tune to pitch, and you need to learn the entire fretboard cold. This is the only was you’ll ever get perfect pitch. Just try to memorize the sound of the opening note of the lyric to your favorite song, and then work on guessing what a major scale would sound like relative to that. This is relative pitch. Basically, the major scale is the most inmortant thing to learn, as all else are variants. Learn it everywhere, what it sounds like, the formula, etc….. Good luck…Also have a lot of time to spare.

Anonymous

I’m thinking of buying a line selector, and i want to know if its worth the money and if it acutally does what people say. I’ve read website reviews but those aren’t worth anything to me. So if anyone has an opinion on it i’d like to know. thanks for your time

Anonymous

At the risk of being called a ‘Knobhead’ i’d like to offer an opinion. There isnt a lot in a line switching box, ive made my own A/B boxes in the past, they were passive with a battery to power an LED to indicate which way you were switching, but i think the LS-2 offers itself as a mutiwaly switching box plus power supply (9v) to all your other pedals in the line, and being Boss it will be indistructable, if you need one then this is certainly the one to go for. Lee (Knobhead)

Anonymous

the LS-2 rules because you can select a volume level independently for each out. Nuff said.

Anonymous

an excellent learning tool for those that havent already got it is the Line 6 guitar port, got one at christmas and im so impressed, anyone out there who wants to learn guitar licks, songs, phrases, scales or lessons should get one of these, i think they retail for £99 well i got mine for £75 and its the best £75 i have ever spent, if they had these out when i was learning i would be a much better guitar player than i am now. Check out the line 6 website. ( I dont work for Line 6, and they do have a bad reputation for support)

Anonymous

i think it’s a damn good idea if you didn’t have too get it from ebay nothing against ebay but i would buy one

Anonymous

Buy a what?

Anonymous

Buy a what?

Anonymous

Hey, i need an ME-50 owners manual. I may be an idiot but i cant get the expression pedal to come on. If anyone can help me with this problem or has a link or any information on the pedal board itself i’d love for you to share with me. thaaaaaaaanks

Anonymous

I have one of these pedals Matt, so this is your lucky day, i cant help you with a link to .pdf manual but to get the expression pedal on you have to press it down (forward-up) hard with your foot, this activates a micro switch and hey presto you will be able to express yourself! you will see a little red LED light up with the words ‘PEDAL MODE SW’ by the side. anything else you need to know then post the question and i’ll check in my manual.

Anonymous

Lee, you are officially the coolest person i know ever. thanks a lot you just saved me years of frustration

Anonymous

Hey i have another question, actually about the pedal this time. Is there anyway to write an effect so even after you turn all the knobs to different settings you can go back to the effect and it will sound the same as when you saved it?

Anonymous

there are presets that you can access on it, i think you need to press the 2 and 3 pedals together, you can change the settings in memory here. its not that programable if you want something like that then maybe you should try the GT6 or GT3.

Anonymous

knobhead.

Anonymous

You have such a command of the english language.

Anonymous

setting for marshall amp mg100dfx

Anonymous

whats the chuck schuldiner guitar-amp-effects?

Anonymous

I am looking at purchasing a classical guitar, anyone like to comment on either the LaPatrie Presentation or Artista Segovia? Or both? I like the thinner neck of the La Patrie but I spoke with a classical teacher and he said in the future I would not like the thinner or should I say not as deep neck. The width is the same. Comments would be appreciated

Anonymous

I have a Jackson Surfcaster I would like to sell.Guitar is in mint condition.

Anonymous

Hi,was wondering what you want for the surfcaster and what pick-up and bridge configuration is it? Also what color and does it have the cats-eye sound hole? Thanks, blaine.

Anonymous

I have a Jackson Surfcaster I would like to sell.Guiar is in mint condition.

Anonymous

What model/year is this surfcaster? : I have a Jackson Surfcaster I would like to sell.Guiar is in mint condition.

Anonymous

I own an Epiphone Dot guitar and am considering changing the pickups. Does anyone have a suggestion on what pickups to use. I would prefer not to have to change any wiring. Thanks!

Anonymous

There are so many, what kind of music do you play?? you could get Gibson direct replacements which i think are 57′ classics, but before you look at those take a look at the seymour duncan pickups, especialy the Seth Lover pickups, they are great pickups, if you are running on a budget then checkout the Kent Armstrong range, these too are excellent quality.

Anonymous

Thanks Lee for the info. I’m a songwriter so I play all types of music, but primarily with an acoustic. The reason I’m thinking about changing pickups is that the guitar had a bad selector switch in the bridge position and after I chnaged the switch, I noticed that the bridge pickup doesn’t have nearly the volume of the neck pickup. Is this common with electrics? The pickup’s tone is ok but the volume is lacking…any thoughts? Thanks Mason : There are so many, what kind of music do you play?? you could get Gibson direct replacements which i think are 57′ classics, but before you look at those take a look at the seymour duncan pickups, especialy the Seth Lover pickups, they are great pickups, if you are running on a budget then checkout the Kent Armstrong range, these too are excellent quality.

Anonymous

check your wiring, you could have inadvertantly coil tapped the pickup, so it acts like a lower output single coil pickup and not a humbucker.

Anonymous

Have a guitar, made by C.F. Martin and company. Not sure what it’s worth. Can anyone help me out??? Thanks.

Anonymous

: Have a guitar, made by C.F. Martin and company. Not sure what it’s worth. Can anyone help me out??? Thanks.

Anonymous

: : Have a guitar, made by C.F. Martin and company. Not sure what it’s worth. Can anyone help me out??? Thanks. C.F. Martin didn’t make the Goya. Originally made in sweden, the name changed hands several times. Martin bought the name and had them built in Japan and Korea, and marketed them as a 3rd line Guitar. A swedish built Goya is the only one that would have much value.

Anonymous

In what year was the guitar amplifier invented?

Anonymous

: In what year was the guitar amplifier invented? where it was invented and who invented it

Anonymous

I am buying Gibson L5S and Firebird (reverse and nonreverse) guitars. Please send photos and best price. Thanks.

Anonymous

you know Gibson are making the firebird V, VII and studio? if you need one you can get it new.

Anonymous

Anyone got a pass for the NAMM show in Anaheim they can spare for just one of the four days? I can maybe help you out if your from out of town with whatever you need.Email me and help a fellow musician out! [email protected]

Anonymous

Can anyone tell me about this guitar? Is it solid or laminated rosewood? Is it a solid or laminated spruce top? Thank you

Anonymous

: Can anyone tell me about this guitar? Is it solid or laminated rosewood? Is it a solid or laminated spruce top? Thank you

Anonymous

i purchased my takamine steve wariner limited edition back in 1993 or 1994. any idea what it’s worth now?

Anonymous

: i purchased my takamine steve wariner limited edition back in 1993 or 1994. any idea what it’s worth now? Hey JJ, The 2004 VG price guide estimates the Takamine collector edition guitars issued in the 1990’s to be worth somewhere between $900-1,100. Keep an eye on my website VintAxe.com, I’ll be posting a Takamine catalog that lists your guitar in the near future. SB

Anonymous

Giannini Craviola

This popular thread has been given its own page : Giannini Craviola

Anonymous

Value? 1. Vintage (Reissue) Fender ’72 thinline, reddish blonde, vintage yellow/cordoroy look case 2. Ovation Elite thinline 12 string acoustic, orange sunburst, wood leaf inlays, hardshell case 3. Japanese Fender Precision base, 1999 model, red If someone would email me with approximate values, I’d be very grateful. Thanks, Kurt

Anonymous

Does anyone have any information about how old this guitar is or what it’s list price was new. I can’t find any information for it. It sounds great, but I’m a little leary of buying something I can’t find any online info on.

Anonymous

Dragi zemljaci posaljite mi ako znate koja je cena ove gitare A004779 i ako znate nesto vise o ovom modelu,slike i slicno.Voleo bih da se dopisujem na srpskom putem interneta i razmenjujem muziku.Pozdrav Toza.

Anonymous

:speak english!! i can’t understan what you’re saying

Anonymous

i have a fender f3 acoustic guitar which i’ve owned for around 25 years. anyone have any idea of value?

Anonymous

I received a resonator guitar in a will. I don’t know anything about it, but would like to know how much it’s worth. It needs a new string and maybe a screw in the plate. Also has a hardly-used case.

Anonymous

: I received a resonator guitar in a will. I don’t know anything about it, but would like to know how much it’s worth. It needs a new string and maybe a screw in the plate. Also has a hardly-used case.

Anonymous

: : I received a resonator guitar in a will. I don’t know anything about it, but would like to know how much it’s worth. It needs a new string and maybe a screw in the plate. Also has a hardly-used case. It depends entirely on how old it is-the condition-the manufacturer. If it’s an old Dobro-metal body-It will have some value. There’s not enough data here to determine what it is. Don’t modify it until you know!

Anonymous

I need an old ross 4 track recorder and power supply.

Anonymous

i own an old ross 4×4. i would sell it due to need for money all is working. missing the top of 1 knob

Anonymous

do u wanna be a moderator of this forum??/ http://www.darjeeling.co.nr

Anonymous

Trying to find the current value of my ea345. bought it new about 10 yrs. ago..very good condition..one small ding on the perflin(sp?) on the neck..any help appreciated.

Anonymous

oops…thats an ea45

Anonymous

Looking to sell 1974 Grand Concert Grade Hernadis, any ideas what it is worth? Quote from Sherry-Brenner was $6,000.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

: http://www.8notes.com/f/forum35.asp : found him! … and how is he???? … being a pain, asking for free music downloads, calling others names or just being a gentleman, honest about his experience, answering people’s questions or maybe promoting valuable products and services? Would people actually go to the forum because he’s there; are they reading him, or saying what a place for dildos, no point in looking at this nonsense? No offence to you sailorman, just wondering?

Anonymous

: : http://www.8notes.com/f/forum35.asp : : found him! What happened! You lost him? I think he’s over here. His son is one of our best, has a green meanie to die for, sharpens the A, flattens the B (haha), wins awards and his girls kick axe & bass all over the place. All Floyd Rose experts, but will leave that to Trevor now! Happy playing, stay well & stay tuned my friends.

Anonymous

Yeah but he was a f*ckin’ annoying pr*ck who wouldnt shut up on this forum and his kids are retards./

Anonymous

Thanks for leavin some questions to me, but if i have any problems with one ill be sure to let you know. thanks…Trevor : : : http://www.8notes.com/f/forum35.asp : : : found him! : : What happened! You lost him? I think he’s over here. His son is one of our best, has a green meanie to die for, sharpens the A, flattens the B (haha), wins awards and his girls kick axe & bass all over the place. All Floyd Rose experts, but will leave that to Trevor now! Happy playing, stay well & stay tuned my friends.

Anonymous

Hello there, i am looking to buy any 87/88 fender hm, preferably with the maple fretboard, but either way.. Please email me, thanks

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Is anybody in the UK selling one. Good condition. Thanks

Anonymous

I am after a Yamaha FG 180 red label Nippon Gakki.Please email me if you have one for sale. Thanks

Anonymous

Im looking to buy an electric guitar that has a clean sound when distorted unlike my strat. I play mostly metallica so im looking for a guitar to match kirk’s sound.

Anonymous

Hey, my first guitar was an ESP, the M-50 =D In terms of action, it plays awsome, if your looking for that specific sound then getting the signature (as slayer said) would do the trick, but it’s quite pricey and unless your metallica-fan-until-death it won’t be the greatest guitar to play. The M series is pretty much Kirk Hammet’s guitar, but just different pickups, different wood, different inlays, and such. It really does depend on the budget though. Rock on! \m/

Anonymous

just some days ago I bought an ESP LTD F-250 and it rocks..;) the only thing is the cheap lic. FR …. how much money do you want to spend? Kirk has got his own signatur series…. look at espguitars.com at signature guitars….. there you will find, what your searching for..;) Slaye

Anonymous

I can’t seem to get the exact tone I with the equip. I have. I know it sounds dumb, but I could use the help of someone who really knows gear and how it works together. I’m useing a mesa/boogie 400+ with a dbx 266 xl comp. Running through the effects loop. As far as a cab I’m useing a mesa powerhouse (4 10 1 15 with a horn -2db-+2db). And I play a warwick thumb bolt on ( active bass and treb. boost). I’m trying to get a thick tight punchy sound with some growl (Justin chancellor/Ryan Martinie) but can’t seem to get it just right. Any knowledgeable help?

Anonymous

I can’t seem to get the exact tone I with the equip. I have. I know it sounds dumb, but I could use the help of someone who really knows gear and how it works together. I’m useing a mesa/boogie 400+ with a dbx 266 xl comp. Running through the effects loop. As far as a cab I’m useing a mesa powerhouse (4 10 1 15 with a horn -2db-+2db). And I play a warwick thumb bolt on ( active bass and treb. boost). I’m trying to get a thick tight punchy sound with some growl (Justin chancellor/Ryan Martinie) but can’t seem to get it just right. Any knowledgeable help?

Anonymous

I made a post regarding this guitar back on Christmas Eve..I specified it as a 00-18. It is a 0-18. My apologies. Here are some pictures of the guitar for sale. http://66.66.172.208:81/018/ Thanks!

Anonymous

: Regarding Orville Les Pauls; they are of course genuine, not considered a copy. As you know, for the Asian market. Owners are writers generally say that they are very close to Gibson, but not quite. The woods are not as "select", the electronics are generic knockoffs, though the overall finsh is good. I have a variety of Gibsons and know their quality, especially the tonal supremacy. Slash has no complaints! Second that opinion. We study these guitars, take them apart and compare. Greco’s are good too. We have not found a V as good as Gibson, or close enough to be worthy of mention. You asked for value: here’s the best LP clone, not a copy, Hagstrom Swede and Super Swede. Best copy, Tokai Love Rock. Those are REAL guitars in their own right. We think you’re okay too popeye, so are telling ‘ya what we actually know, hope it is useful.

Anonymous

good post, the flyin V is a very personal thing, you either love it or hate it, not that many people love them, the best mid price copy is indeed a Tokai love rock, there has been a lot said about the japanese and korean ones, the korean guitars are very good, but the best is the jap copy, oh and i think Slash plays a hand made gibson LP copy, its made to look exactly like a LP and even has the gibson pearly on the headstock but it is a very very expensive fake.

Anonymous

ya know i buy fakes n such just so i can sand em down and paint em myself, but i never put names on the headstock, and wouldnt pay shitloads to do it either, so why do some people do it with copies when itd be cheaper to buy the actual gibson in the long run, what im tryin to ask is, why doesnt he just buy a gibi instead of a copy and payin more to put the gibi logo on it? trevor (i personally, love flying vs…the ones i can afford anyways) : : good post, the flyin V is a very personal thing, you either love it or hate it, not that many people love them, the best mid price copy is indeed a Tokai love rock, there has been a lot said about the japanese and korean ones, the korean guitars are very good, but the best is the jap copy, oh and i think Slash plays a hand made gibson LP copy, its made to look exactly like a LP and even has the gibson pearly on the headstock but it is a very very expensive fake.

Anonymous

I recently bought a used Lotus single cutaway electric guitar. There is something about it that makes me think that it is old. The only thing close to a serial # i found was on the back of the neck it said I1756. Can anybody tell me when my guitar was made or how i can find out

Anonymous

: : I recently bought a used Lotus single cutaway electric guitar. There is something about it that makes me think that it is old. The only thing close to a serial # i found was on the back of the neck it said I1756. Can anybody tell me when my guitar was made or how i can find out Trotl,-It doesn’t matter when it was built-It was a Korean built- House Brand guitar- made for Midco distributing. It’s a plywood body-they sold new for $129. retail. Midco has been bought out-I’m unsure if the name is still used. The Best, Oldest, Lotus might bring $70.00.

Anonymous

Thanks.

Anonymous

has anyone ever won any competitions for a musical instrument..? i was extreamly lucky to win a Gibson Les Paul 2002 standard , then just 2 months later to win a Limited edition Marshall Jaguar Bluesbreaker combo £6000 !! both from the same magazine.

Anonymous

before i did wrestling and started working i started myself in a local rhythm busters competition where you make up rhythym beats off the top of your head according to what the judges give you. i was handed a classic metal option and thank god at the time it was all i played, classic metallica, so it was really easy, took first in the regionals, then in the finals me and a heavy metal guitarist duked it out kinda like in crossroads, but with rhythyms, he was good, i mean kicked my ass all over, but the judges didnt award him with style, i wasnt as good as him but combining the thrashing and the fact that my final song was actually 7 minutes long, really impressed the judges, got first in the final round and won a 1963 charvel model 4 A in mint condition, later sold, the problem was, its a rhythm competition and the guitar given away was a solo machine. oh well, i plan to buy it back as soon as i get money. point is, competitions are fun. but not nearly as fun as face offs, youll never get over a face off when you start, youll keep goin back. Trevor : has anyone ever won any competitions for a musical instrument..? i was extreamly lucky to win a Gibson Les Paul 2002 standard , then just 2 months later to win a Limited edition Marshall Jaguar Bluesbreaker combo £6000 !! both from the same magazine.

Anonymous

I own a CF martin model # O-16NY purchased in 1976. I was wondering what it is worth today? Can Anyone help me? Thanks, Justin W.

Anonymous

I had posted earlier asking for help with these guitars. The Aria has only P-D on the inside label, and the Stewart has nothing but the initials or letters/numbers as seen in the picture. – pictures of both guitars can be found at http://community.webshots.com/user/j_rogers HELP

Anonymous

Hi, has anyone tried any burny, greco, orville or edwards guitars? I have heard that some of them are even *gasp* better than gib historics, though i’m not sure if this is true. Or, if you could suggest any V’s or LP’s that are great value then fire away. Cheers

Anonymous

: Hi, : has anyone tried any burny, greco, orville or edwards guitars? I have heard that some of them are even *gasp* better than gib historics, though i’m not sure if this is true. : Or, if you could suggest any V’s or LP’s that are great value then fire away. : Cheers Regarding Orville Les Pauls; they are of course genuine, not considered a copy. As you know, for the Asian market. Owners are writers generally say that they are very close to Gibson, but not quite. The woods are not as "select", the electronics are generic knockoffs, though the overall finsh is good. I have a variety of Gibsons and know their quality, especially the tonal supremacy. Slash has no complaints!

Anonymous

hi all, log onto http://www.darjeeling.co.nr and be a moderator of this forum…

Anonymous

maybe some should mail dwight stratman, he will be able to moderate himself!!

Anonymous

: maybe some should mail dwight stratman, he will be able to moderate himself!! Excellent post, have read those words lately. How true, it would take his discipline and self control, notwithstanding experience. But moderating is a difficult task, as we are told. I would think the moderator here has his hands full. Especially at this moment – what is this the month of the full moon or what? I’ll be around whenever, wherever the name comes up, will tell him what you think. Goin’ to New York, are you? I’m sure we’d agree and say allright Mayor … "Give Lee the key to the city" and SG’s are on the house!

Anonymous

A free SG?? JFK here i come!!

Anonymous

String buzz on Ibanez

This popular thread has been given its own page : String buzz on Ibanez

Anonymous

I own a black Fender Japan vintage ’57 (bought 1988) absolutely perfect, a Mesa Boogie Studio 22 watt (bought 1988) almost perfect, ad a multiple effects Boss ME-5 very good, I’m going to sell it ’cause not utilized. Marco

Anonymous

Sharpen the Fourth note.

Anonymous

or flatten the 5th.

Anonymous

Hello, does any one know where, preferably in the UK, where I can get a cream or white pickguard for my Gibson SG standard? Thanks.

Anonymous

make sure you choose the right shape, there some different types. WD music have millions of them. http://wdmusicproducts.co.uk/

Anonymous

Does anyone know how much a second hand a Wilson Rapier 33 electric guitar is worth

Anonymous

i have high strings .005, where do you get your high a strings?

Anonymous

ive never heard of strings that light before, i know Tony Iommi plays some very light strings but i dont think they are anything like 5’s.

Anonymous

looking for bc rich guitar parts, or parts guitar, if anybody has any that theyde like to sell or give to me, thatd be great to finish my project. thanks for the help. Trevor

Anonymous

Any thoughts on Wayne Kramer and Fred Sonic Smith’s guitar playing in the MC5? Id like to hear some opinions! John.

Anonymous

look if u wanna get ddown wit my rap click email me some thin and ill get back 2 u

Anonymous

BLACK EBONY GRETSCH SUPER AXE

This popular thread has been given its own page : BLACK EBONY GRETSCH SUPER AXE

Anonymous

which one is the best

Anonymous

: which one is the best There are 2 types of tube pedal effects. One is the tube amp simulator, and that would be the SANSAMP GT2 emulating the sound of Fender, Marshall, and Mesa Boogie amps. The other gives the simulated combination of heat saturated tubes and preamp making distortion or overdrive: Ibanez TS7 and TS9. I use both and boy does that kick ’em in the nuts!

Anonymous

also there is a tube driven overdrive pedal such as the Messa Boogie, hardly worth mentioning since it costs more than many tube starter amps.

Anonymous

: also there is a tube driven overdrive pedal such as the Messa Boogie, hardly worth mentioning since it costs more than many tube starter amps. There are also those made by electro-harmonix http://www.ehx.com such as hot tubes, black finger and a few more, I believe eh’s tube pedals are tube driven but, have seen them hear and there online for much less than what the likes of musicians friend/guitar center, music123/woodwind& brasswood or bananas sell them on sale for. They seen good and hold up well the tubes are easy to come by. find something for little and try it if a store doesn’t have a demo unit.

Anonymous

BLACK EBONY SUPER AXE

This popular thread has been given its own page : BLACK EBONY SUPER AXE

Anonymous

i have a yamaha sbg200, cream colored with two humbuckers sg shaped, i know it’s early 80’s but thats about it, it plays awesome though. any info

Anonymous

: i have a yamaha sbg200, cream colored with two humbuckers sg shaped, i know it’s early 80’s but thats about it, it plays awesome though. any info : I have a couple of early 80’s yamaha catalogs posted on my website VintAxe.com. I’m pretty sure the 84 has info on the SGB2000. SB

Anonymous

: i have a yamaha sbg200, cream colored with two humbuckers sg shaped, i know it’s early 80’s but thats about it, it plays awesome though. any info : I have a couple of early 80’s yamaha catalogs posted on my website VintAxe.com. I’m pretty sure the 84 has info on the SGB2000. SB

Anonymous

: : i have a yamaha sbg200, cream colored with two humbuckers sg shaped, i know it’s early 80’s but thats about it, it plays awesome though. any info : : : I have a couple of early 80’s yamaha catalogs posted on my website VintAxe.com. I’m pretty sure the 84 has info on the SGB2000. SB Sorry, it’s the 82 catalog that has the SBG series. Yamaha and their series designations, how confusing. SB

Anonymous

anyone know of any good ones?? will be visiting new york in late january, want to see if i can pick up a good SG, are there any good shops in greenwich village?

Anonymous

: anyone know of any good ones?? will be visiting new york in late january, want to see if i can pick up a good SG, are there any good shops in greenwich village? Sam Ash (all new stuff), Manny’s (World respected, shopped by Hendrix) and Rudy’s, all on 48th Street. Gruhn’s is on Staten Island by ferry, also home to DiMarzio and many of our friends. Be sure to see Les Paul in person at the Iridium on Monday night if he is well enough to be there. Bring a Les Paul pickguard for his signature or autograph. Good luck Lee.

Anonymous

Lee, I hear you’re one of the best. A man of your distinction must go to Manny’s. See http://www.mannysmusic.com and you’ll know what the bird says is true. Have a look see ABOUT US, Manny’s History. Mick & Brian bought the fuzz box used on Satisfaction in 1965 at Manny’s. Mick & Keef continue to visit. Jimi bought 6 guitars and 2 amps. John Entwistle ordered 5 Thunderbird basses he could not find in the UK. The list goes on. Some customers are still alive, Manny’s never killed nobody! Enjoy a piece of the worlds music history. Have a blast and don’t forget to introduce yourself to Les Paul at the Iridium Monday night ….. why not get up and jam a little with him as well? We all hope you have the time of your life, you’re a good bloke. This crazy forum needs more people like you. Tell us all about it! Cheers!

Anonymous

thanks to you and guitar girl for the great advice, i take it everything is on 48th street? is that close to central park south which is where we are staying, Manny’s looks like a must see, ive been after another SG, but one with the tailpeice like Angus’s, im trying to persuade my wife that it will enhance our lives by owning one! any advice on the best way to do this will be much appreciated, also any places that play a bit of live rock music? not too far away from new york centre, (ive seen the film ‘the warriors’ and i know what happens if you fall asleep on the train and end up in coney island!)

Anonymous

: thanks to you and guitar girl for the great advice, i take it everything is on 48th street? is that close to central park south which is where we are staying, Manny’s looks like a must see, ive been after another SG, but one with the tailpeice like Angus’s, im trying to persuade my wife that it will enhance our lives by owning one! : any advice on the best way to do this will be much appreciated, also any places that play a bit of live rock music? not too far away from new york centre, (ive seen the film ‘the warriors’ and i know what happens if you fall asleep on the train and end up in coney island!) Lee, I never really know where I am on a map or in most cities. Don’t know much about smaller clubs in NYC which seat up to 2500 people. The city was not built on rock n Roll, for damn sure! Think stock market & sports, and next to that, culture and politics. The friggin’ clubs are dance, DJ, techno-pop, cyber games, boy meets boy, girl meets girl, classical, jazz & Spanish, Asian, Asian, Asian or members only. Not your atmosphere for a Rock Show! Prices to blow your mind! Menus that make no sense. Like bamboo salad man! The Red Lion has a house band serving up classic rock every Wednesday. It is not in your area, on Bleecker St. Eveything is off Broadway – that don’t mean a thing. Goes on & on forever. Ask at your hotel about the area. No guarantee they would set you straight. There should be computers for you to search in the lobbies. The music stores will know better about entertainment. Telephone Gruhn’s for advice on the Lyre equipped SG’s. And Mandolin Bros. are surprisingly decent, considering how famous they are. Manny’s is cool, and I was going to say don’t bother with Sam Ash but Ash is good, clean, modern, huge, professional, the fast food place for guitars. The town is just too big and full of concrete and glass. Hope you find what you’re looking for at Manny’s, oh yeah call the Hard Rock Cafe just to see if they have a show. Happy trippin’.

Anonymous

Guitar Journal – Eva Fampas’ Newsletter. An online guitar magazine. In this issue all about the new concertos for guitar and orchestra dedicated to Eva by Yiu-kwong Chung and Andersen Viana. read at: http://www.evafampas.gr/guitarjournal.html

Anonymous

I’ve inherited this guitar from a cousin thats been dead for 34 years i need info anyone who can help thanks

Anonymous

how about a bit more info??

Anonymous

I HAVE A 21 FRET CHARVEL GUITAR WITH FLAMES 2 PICKUPS AND IS A SHORT BODY 1 TONE AND 1 VOLUME KNOB SERIAL NUMBER 1350 OVERALL 35”

Anonymous

where can i go to a place around me to learn how to play the ele. gutair?

Anonymous

: look in the phone book for places

Anonymous

Ik krijg veel te zien op mijn scherm van guitar pro 4 als ik tabs wil dowlouden,dat ik mijn programma moet updaten.Maar hoe moet dat?

Anonymous

Does anyone have any idea how old my guitar is? The serial number is 12295. Its a platinum series. I’d appreciate it if anyone who actually knows their stuff, could help me out. Thanks.

Anonymous

95 model… trevor : Does anyone have any idea how old my guitar is? The serial number is 12295. Its a platinum series. I’d appreciate it if anyone who actually knows their stuff, could help me out. Thanks.

Anonymous

Really? that kind of sucks. Oh well, I got it for free, its pretty ugly though, and it needs a lot of work, but I’m poor until I finally get a job.

Anonymous

Are you interested in selling it? if so please email me at [email protected] or reply in here. thanks trevor : : Really? that kind of sucks. Oh well, I got it for free, its pretty ugly though, and it needs a lot of work, but I’m poor until I finally get a job.

Anonymous

I just bought a used ME-50 and it doesn’t have the owners manual. I need a turbostart or something so if anyone has a link or can e-mail me anything please do.

Anonymous

Has any one made a study of the hundreds of home study guitar guides and rated such by the results they accomplish? thank you Don

Anonymous

I have one called.."Play Electric Guitar’ I think, its pretty good, it teaches almost everything, and it goes in steps, you do a lesson each week for 12 weeks, and you also learn about set ups and pedals and amps and bottle necking and a whole bunch of other teachniques, it also comes with a cd rom, a pick, and a poster with all the chords on it, and stickers to mark the fingerplacements of which chords your working on, it even has stuff about writing songs.

Anonymous

can someone tell me about my takamine gx 100 electric

Anonymous

Hello, i am looking for an ovation magnum neck pickup or a magnum with a good neck pickup for parts. anyone know of one or have one for sale??? much appreciation, max

Anonymous

i want guitar notes based on hindi songs.plz help me out. i m a beginer.

Anonymous

: i want guitar notes based on hindi songs.plz help me out. i m a beginer. This doesn’t help much, but try googling it up for guitar pro (program tabbing program, can be downloaded off Kazaa or ordered from site).

Anonymous

i recieved a takamine gx 100 from a friend of my parents, and have no idea how much it is worth, it plays fantastic and its tone is very versitile. i heard they were made by ibanez in the early 80’s. can anyone tell me anything else.

Anonymous

Hello. I am searching a pedal to put between a multi-effect (TC Electronic), and my electro-guitar (Ibanez), that allow me to give progressively, as I want, effect to the acoustic sound. I don’t know exactly what king of pedal exists for that kind of thing. I saw there were "expression pedals", but it seems to be "wha wha" one. Moreover it seems that this kind of pedal works with some brands, and not with others.. Thanks a lot for your help on this 🙂

Anonymous

: Hello. I am searching a pedal to put between a multi-effect (TC Electronic), and my electro-guitar (Ibanez), that allow me to give progressively, as I want, effect to the acoustic sound. : I don’t know exactly what king of pedal exists for that kind of thing. I saw there were "expression pedals", but it seems to be "wha wha" one. Moreover it seems that this kind of pedal works with some brands, and not with others.. : Thanks a lot for your help on this : 🙂 I don’t think that has ever been done before. What you’ll need are 2 AB-Y boxes, DOD or Morley. Then you put one from your guitar to the multi-effect and ahead of your Acoustic Simulator, with the Jim Dunlop Wah-style volume pedal after the Acoustic Simulator, on the output side. Turn level of the Acoustic Simulator all the way up, and regulate or pan in with the vol pedal. Plug the vol pedal output and multi-effect output into the second AB-Y, which plugs directly into your amp. You should only have to step on the first AB-Y, then the volume pedal to get the control you want.

Anonymous

hello, I’m looking for chords (tabs) of Try ya Love from Third world can any body help me here? thanks

Anonymous

Google the song for tabs, or you can download a program called Guitar Pro 3 (or 4) which is a tabbing program that can open files for tabs of songs that can be taken from http://www.mysongbook.com. The program can either be downloaded from Kazaa or by googling. Hope this helps.

Anonymous

I was wondering if new strings sound better than old ones does it apply to all types of strings how often between changes

Anonymous

: I was wondering if new strings sound better than old ones : does it apply to all types of strings : how often between changes New strings are a must but that being said, older strings are used by many because of the sound or tone the player is looking for, like changing all the string but for the G. Rule of thumb is that your strings should be changed once a month, and some players change them out everytime they play. It is up to you to find your sound. Old strings will lose their tone to the point where it is impossible to even tune them. I have been playing guitar for 40 years and I can hear and feel when they need to be changed out.*** What guitar do you have and what brand and gauge of strings are you using???…Peace, INTHESHED

Anonymous

Question: Starting in a standard tuning on six string and then drop the G to F# and the B to A#. What the heck is this tuning? Also, on my twelve sting Guild I have tuned the steel G sting to a D and the wound G stays as is. This brings out a very spacious voicing and is easy to play most of what you already know, i.e. chords….What is this tuning? Thanks for the help, INTHESHED/KEVIN

Anonymous

E A D F# A# E ? that’s an open E9b5sus4 or an open A(b9)sus4/E, or an open D(aug)sus4add9, etc. etc. etc. F#7aug(#9), etc. what ever else you want too. on 12 string- Ee Aa Dd Gd Bb Ee that’s just a fifth you’ve tuned those two to.

Anonymous

I am look for a Del Built Steel Guitar. My uncle Del Dickerson built these guitars in the early 50’s in Souther California.

Anonymous

: I am look for a Del Built Steel Guitar. : My uncle Del Dickerson built these guitars in the early 50’s in Souther California. Thanks to Carter Steel Guitar Manufacturers, you may visit http://www.steelguitar.com … go to reference guide and resources, links to forums, everything, everywhere.

Anonymous

I got this EMG-SA pickup set about a month ago and baught them for $200 but i will be selling them for $150-160. Which is a great deal! Email me if your interested!

Anonymous

hi, i have a starstream i bought with the pick ups removed. does anyone have a picture of the circuit board, or a diagram. not sure where the pick ups go on it.

Anonymous

Am looking for someone familiar with the set-up of Rick 360-12s in the Bay Area. Bought a 12-string bridge and had it set-up by music shop in area and got boned. Who’s good?

Anonymous

that Rickenbacker has a twin truss rod , quite tricky to try on your own, i can see why you want a recomended tech. good luck with it. i have the 360V64-6, in fireglow, its a work of art.

Anonymous

hi!ive just bought the digitech rp-6 and can’t find the way to store the 4 sounds i like in the 4 main footswitches,can anyone help me or tell me how to do it?thanks.

Anonymous

: hi!ive just bought the digitech rp-6 and can’t find the way to store the 4 sounds i like in the 4 main footswitches,can anyone help me or tell me how to do it?thanks.

Anonymous

I have an rp-6. I assume you got yours used and didn’t get a manual. Send me an email and I’ll help you through it. Andy : : hi!ive just bought the digitech rp-6 and can’t find the way to store the 4 sounds i like in the 4 main footswitches,can anyone help me or tell me how to do it?thanks.

Anonymous

Please help me for the Tab of sweetest taboo and in particular the intro very groove Thanks a lot for your help GG

Anonymous

This beauty looks like Paul McCartney’s famous Bass Guitar. Missing strings and a bridge, but still in great condition. It has "Stewart" on it’s peghead, but no numbers except for something in red writing(might be AZT or 2 or something) on the inside where the neck and body join. I have pics and really need help. I’ve emailed Stewart and S S Stewart – noone seems to know anything. It’s all original from the early to mid 1960’s as I was told by a local expert by the way.

Anonymous

I know quite a bit about these guitars, but one little problem…. the Aria Pan Hollowbody Electric I have is supposedly from 1982, but I can’t find a model or serial number anywhere. I have pictures if anyone might have some insight.

Anonymous

help!! i need a couple of wiring diagrams 1 humbucker & 1 single coil to 3-way toggle switch & 1 volume control. 1 humbucker & 1 volume control. thanking you all in advance……….

Anonymous

: help!! i need a couple of wiring diagrams : 1 humbucker & 1 single coil to 3-way toggle switch & 1 volume control. : 1 humbucker & 1 volume control. : thanking you all in advance………. if this a fender setup try mrgearhead.com if not try seymourduncan.com or just type your pickup config into google, chances are five dozen people have taken the time to document such an incident and took the time to load it into the internet

Anonymous
          Anonymous

: try guitarnucleus.com -peace

Anonymous

I recently obtained a lovely Fender Telecaster from a relative, and I was wondering if anyone could give me a bit of info on it. Year. Value. Etc. I doubt I’d sell it [it’s a lovely sounding sunburst] but I’d like to know a bit more about it. Serial number: N3934529

Anonymous

I have the Ovation B768 Elite deep-back acoustic bass guitar it pristine condition and I was wondering how much it is worth. I never play it anymore and am interested in selling it.

Anonymous

I have been playing for a while and i have started bands and played with other people. I play lead guitar and really it does not even seem like i am getting anywhere. I listen to my favorite artists and try to learn their stuff but like it seems like im stuck. I need some advice of what i should do. I play heavy metal, blues stuff, and like 80’s type metal (scorpians and van halen).

Anonymous

Stop trying man, just have fun…or if you’re really pissed off about it…write a song about it…I mean to say, are you a poser, or are you a guitarist? whatever you can do you need to be proud of and make work for you. Have something more to express besides tribute.

Anonymous

I have been playing for a while and i have started bands and played with other people. I play lead guitar and really it does not even seem like i am getting anywhere. I listen to my favorite artists and try to learn their stuff but like it seems like im stuck. I need some advice of what i should do. I play heavy metal, blues stuff, and like 80’s type metal (scorpians and van halen).

Anonymous

Find a teacher who knows music theory from him. Learn it and make yourself keen on applying it.

Anonymous

boleh aband hensem

Anonymous

I just rolled into town & I’m looking for a gig … I’m a shaken & stirred mix of Thunders, Page, Perry, & Richards… This town is low on the culture tip …So, help me out …

Anonymous

: I just rolled into town & I’m looking for a gig … I’m a shaken & stirred mix of Thunders, Page, Perry, & Richards… This town is low on the culture tip …So, help me out … Then don’t stick around. Try Jacksonville to the north, they’ll welcome you there. Daytona will be live & kickin’ again during Speed Week, beginning of Feb.

Anonymous

When I was screwing the tremolo bar on my guitar and the bottom piece broke off and is still in there. How could I get it out, is there a way?

Anonymous

hey you guys i’m a real beginner in guitar what does the tremolo bar do exactly? can you PLEASE email me at [email protected] and tell me wht the tremolo bar does THANKS!! -shreha

Anonymous

if it’s a strat-type or floyd rose type trem, probably not. sorry 🙁 if it’s some other type of trem, i don’t know. sorry 🙁

Anonymous

My dad’s dad past away and left me this guitar, I did some checking on the net to find out that it’s made by Admira, because all the neck says is Avila and the inside says Avila A17 but I can’t find ANYTHING on this spacific model. Any help would be greatly welcomed. Thank You Chase Wright [email protected]

Anonymous

Hey, can anyone email me with some settings you’ve seen or use yourself on the gt212. I have been using the solo channel to get a great heavy metal sound, but what do you have the low,mids,and highs set on and also what do you have the shape set on? Thanks a lot, and hopefully someone on here can email me with some info. it is [email protected]

Anonymous

ESP STRAT 400 SERIES

This popular thread has been given its own page : ESP STRAT 400 SERIES

Anonymous

Do wanna be a moderator of this forum??? http://www.darjeeling.co.nr click here for details

Anonymous

i have an all white univox 20 fret shortneck bass. It has ivory pickups(2) ,volume and tone knobs, and a toggle switch and the serial number is015460. It is in good shape and I want to know its actual worth. I bought it off some girl I know for 50 dollars. She claims it to be really old as it was her fathers. Did I get ripped off or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanx

Anonymous

Hi, I am looking for information such as the date of manufacture and price for an Epiphone guitar serial # I03043322. It is an ES 335 style thin hollowbody with two gold plated humbuckers, tuning keys and bridge. Inside it says "sunburnt spot VS" or "sunburst spot VS" Thanks Ed

Anonymous

WANTED: Washburn Dime 333 DimeSlime

This popular thread has been given its own page : WANTED: Washburn Dime 333 DimeSlime

Anonymous

Just wondering could anyone tell me how much my Takamine NP45c with original case is worth, Ive had it about12 years

Anonymous

well im new to internet and want know how i can dowload hindi movie songs for free to play them on my winamp

Anonymous

Whats the balance like with this bass. It looks very headstock heavy to me?

Anonymous

: Whats the balance like with this bass. It looks very headstock heavy to me? all westones were heavy, but well made.

Anonymous

Strings for electro-acoustic Ibanez Talman ?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Strings for electro-acoustic Ibanez Talman ?

Anonymous

i want to give my stratacoustic a paintjob. i don’t know where to start. help plz.

Anonymous

: i want to give my stratacoustic a paintjob. i don’t know where to start. help plz. We’ve painted Ovations. If your Stratacoustic has the plastic back, hopefully you only inted to paint the soundboard. Strip & sand, then seal. Use lacquer, not enamel. Acrylic lacquer is the lacquer of choice now, as thin as possible. The amount will affect the resonance of the soundboard. Expect to do a little buffing. Avoid overspray especially inside the body. That’s a paragraph, where you should be reading a whole book. Maybe somebody else will give you a website?

Anonymous

: : i want to give my stratacoustic a paintjob. i don’t know where to start. help plz. : We’ve painted Ovations. If your Stratacoustic has the plastic back, hopefully you only inted to paint the soundboard. Strip & sand, then seal. Use lacquer, not enamel. Acrylic lacquer is the lacquer of choice now, as thin as possible. The amount will affect the resonance of the soundboard. Expect to do a little buffing. Avoid overspray especially inside the body. That’s a paragraph, where you should be reading a whole book. Maybe somebody else will give you a website? Hi this Andr’e you wanna paint your guitar let the pro’s do it go to http://www.bluerockercustoms.com we can do anything you need.

Anonymous

Gretchen Hope you read this. A couple of weeks ago I asked advice on buying a Martin, and you pointed me towards a shorter scale model. I bought the 000-18, and LOVE playing it, a slight but definately noticable ( easier ) differnce to play. Thanks, your advice made a differnce Danny

Anonymous

: Gretchen Hope you read this. A couple of weeks ago I asked advice on buying a Martin, and you pointed me towards a shorter scale model. I bought the 000-18, and LOVE playing it, a slight but definately noticable ( easier ) differnce to play. Thanks, your advice made a differnce Danny That’s great. Congratulations & continued enjoyment, comfort & progress …

Anonymous

And will you please insert yourself into my gaping gash?

Anonymous

: And will you please insert yourself into my gaping gash?

Anonymous

: : And will you please insert yourself into my gaping gash? Danny … you must be so confused. Sometimes on this forum, a member who can post will impersonate another member who has already posted. Then the goofball whose life is so pathetic that he has nothing better to do than jerk others around can make crude remarks, ask repeatedly for hindi songs, whatever, you get the picture. For instance I could sign in as Jeff and say I am so lame, I hate myself. But why would I do that, I think he’s such a cute little fellow in spandex pants. Note: if there are 2 Jeff’s on this forum, one of you should change your name, or both of you, because soon there could be 3!

Anonymous

: : : And will you please insert yourself into my gaping gash? : Danny … you must be so confused. Sometimes on this forum, a member who can post will impersonate another member who has already posted. Then the goofball whose life is so pathetic that he has nothing better to do than jerk others around can make crude remarks, ask repeatedly for hindi songs, whatever, you get the picture. For instance I could sign in as Jeff and say I am so lame, I hate myself. But why would I do that, I think he’s such a cute little fellow in spandex pants. Note: if there are 2 Jeff’s on this forum, one of you should change your name, or both of you, because soon there could be 3! Luv, I may be small, but never limp. Ooh, I’m back baby!

Anonymous

i play allot of metal and was wondering if anyone has some ideas for me to further this style of playing?

Anonymous

Try grindcore. Has anyone heard the new Pig Destroyer, anyway? /Or buy a new guitar and start playing Krautrock.

Anonymous

cuz thrash metal sucks.peace

Anonymous

he said he plays death metal, not thrash! (is there a difference??)wear your sandals with pride and go in peace brother.

Anonymous

: he said he plays death metal, not thrash! (is there a difference??)wear your sandals with pride and go in peace brother.

Anonymous

Hello, Ive got a Gibson SG Standard, and I really like the look of open coil pickups. Is there any way or method of removing the pickup covers,and are there any advantages/disadvantages to doing this? Any help would be appreciated as I dont want to wreck my guitar! Jeff.

Anonymous

: Hello, : Ive got a Gibson SG Standard, and I really like the look of open coil pickups. Is there any way or method of removing the pickup covers,and are there any advantages/disadvantages to doing this? Any help would be appreciated as I dont want to wreck my guitar! Jeff. Hi Jeff! There is no advantage other than maybe the cosmetic look which you want. It is possible to remove the covers, but you may not like what you see inside. Lots of wax, and just maybe you’ll end up tearing off some of the ribbon wrapped around the coils. Also, the pickup would have to be cleaned of excess, hardened wax, without scratching the bobbins, or breaking the windings. Anyhow, first you would remove the screw poles. That in itself may lead to scratching the chrome, and distorting the slots on the screws, which you will notice! Then you would patiently work at the two big solder deposits on the baseplate with a pocket knife, scraping them away, until they are thin enough to de-solder. Now there’s a good way to cut your fingers too. Next, you heat those spots and inevitably burn your fingers, while trying not to turn the chrome finish blue, in case you need to put them on again. They don’t pull off easily, if they have been well potted. You might try this first on a junk pickup, or order new open black pickups.

Anonymous

just the other day after rehab after my doctor had said i wouldnt be able to play guitar for at least 4 years,or vigerously so she said, so i went to intensive therapy and they worked with me for 2 weeks and said i could play again as long as i wasnt bustin out james hetfield moves too soon. Ill tell ya, its been so long i felt completely new to the whole thing, but i can still play the ol enter sandman so thankfully its not seriously demolished. Cast comes off in three weeks.by the way, need someones help, got a 1979 ibanez PS10 paul stanley iceman signed by all the members of KISS, so whos gunna take a shot at how much its worth, just curious, i dont plan on sellin it though, just need help. thanks. Trevor

Anonymous

I have a mint condition vantage bass model 009023. Any idea what it is worth. It’s gorgeous.

Anonymous

I recently bought a used lotus single cutaway electric guitar. It seems pretty old. The only thing close to a serial number i found was on a sticker on the back of the neck reading I1756. Can anyone tell me when my guitar was made or how i can find out

Anonymous

i’m just posting to see if nayone can send me a link for a site that would give me a rough estimate to the value of my guitar. according to the serial number i found it’s a 1960 guild D40. it’s still in great shape. just wondering if anyone would know how to find the value. i have a couple other old guitars i wouldnt mind knowing how much their worth. any help is appreciated.

Anonymous

I think they have a disscussion board at a site called vintageguitars.com and the people there might be able to help you. by the way, how did you find the year your guitar was made?

Anonymous

So if I were to go with the takamine, or a seagul, (must have electronics) does anyone have any suggestions?

Anonymous

: So if I were to go with the takamine, or a seagul, (must have electronics) does anyone have any suggestions? I’m still hangin’ in for the Seagull, in spite of the brand wars conflict on your first post. The last Takamine I had, I actually had to give it away. In spite of Takamine’s wonderful marketing skills and big sell, promotional philosophy. I think it’s a guitar you want, not a heap of hype, with artist’s playing free guitars on TV. The Seagull I have played and am very familiar with is the S6 with cutaway, cedar top & Quantum II electronics, featuring both undersaddle transducer and adjustable microphone. Also has a nifty short scale. Sounds great. Plays great. If the electronics can be beaten by the overseas guys, I’ll eat my battery, or go with a higher model L.R. Baggs, which I don’t see as being any better. Look at these features on http://www.godinguitars.com. Naturally see what the "other brand" gives you for whatever price. And compare playability & sound. Then just buy the winner. Simple plan?

Anonymous

So if I were to go with the takamine, or a seagul, (must have electronics) does anyone have any suggestions?

Anonymous

WHAT DO THEY USE……………..

Anonymous

Mesa Boogie dual rectifier, emg 81 81 humbuckers for kirk and 81 bridge 60 neck for james,kirk uses a cry baby wha wha pedal, theres a whole dictionary of shit they use dude, just think bout it. : : WHAT DO THEY USE……………..

Anonymous

Guitar ID & value

This popular thread has been given its own page : Guitar ID & value

Anonymous

Hello fans and friends I now have 10 cd,s on cdbaby.com just sent in the 10 cd a few days ago It,s a copolation of all my own music writtnen and recorded from 1997 up untill now check out all my cd,s at http://www.cdbaby.com/all/walt ….for donwloads try http://www.netmusic.com HAVE A GREAT DAY walter goulet folk singer /song writter

Anonymous

I WOULD LIKE ANY INFO ON ABOVE REFERENCED GUITAR. THE VALUE OR THE YEAR OF CONSTRUCTION. IT WAS PURCHASED IN SOUTH NEW JERSEY AROUND 1960. THANKS.

Anonymous

: : I WOULD LIKE ANY INFO ON ABOVE REFERENCED GUITAR. THE VALUE OR THE YEAR OF CONSTRUCTION. IT WAS PURCHASED IN SOUTH NEW JERSEY AROUND 1960. THANKS. I have seen some on Ebay that look like Les Paul and have sold for about $175-225. I also own one!

Anonymous

: : : : I WOULD LIKE ANY INFO ON ABOVE REFERENCED GUITAR. THE VALUE OR THE YEAR OF CONSTRUCTION. IT WAS PURCHASED IN SOUTH NEW JERSEY AROUND 1960. THANKS. : I have seen some on Ebay that look like Les Paul and have sold for about $175-225. I also own one! I have a couple of Ventura guitar catalogs posted on my website VintAxe.com. I know one of them has the Les Paul copy in it, not so sure about the 60’s model. Anyway, you might find some useful info if you check them out. SB

Anonymous

I have a FAL C 40 T twin port amp, does anyone know anything about these???? are they worth owt???

Anonymous

Marlin? Guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Marlin? Guitar

Anonymous

i have decided to get a acoustic guitar. And i have decided to get either a hummingbird or some martin. my price reange is around 2000 bucks. i play rock and blues like clapton and hendrix coldplay ect thanks andrew

Anonymous

Can anyone tell me where to find a replacement neck for my Eko Ranger 6 string (fell down some stairs snapping the original)

Anonymous

: Can anyone tell me where to find a replacement neck for my Eko Ranger 6 string (fell down some stairs snapping the original) You can try either eBay (just make sure to check if the seller is relaible tho) or warmoth. I havn’t personally tried any of their necks, but they might be pretty good. Hope this helps.

Anonymous

Jazz Rock Fusion Back for 2005: WEER RADIO cranks it again!

This popular thread has been given its own page : Jazz Rock Fusion Back for 2005: WEER RADIO cranks it again!

Anonymous

SLASH THE BEST GUITARIST OF WORLD SLASH GOOD

Anonymous

: SLASH THE BEST GUITARIST OF WORLD : SLASH GOOD Yeah, and Velvet Revolver’s no slouch either!

Anonymous

true dat gnr rules

Anonymous

i am planning on buing a ellectric guitar that i will always be happy with. i want one that i will not want to replace latter on. i was thinking allong the lines of a gibson sg or paul reed smith 22. does anyone have any advice on which i would be happier with ?

Anonymous

SG needs to be rocked, PRS needs to be polished, do you want a serious rock instrument? or an interesting peice of furniture that doesnt quite know if it wants to be a fender or a gibson? save your money, buy the SG standard.

Anonymous

: i am planning on buing a ellectric guitar that i will always be happy with. i want one that i will not want to replace latter on. i was thinking allong the lines of a gibson sg or paul reed smith 22. does anyone have any advice on which i would be happier with ? That "Me" gave you good advice. Try the guitars. I try 200 before I buy just one. I have many different Les Pauls, SG types and a single PRS 22. I like & recommend the PRS with 5 way switching and coil splitting, for much more versatility. It’s a ROCKER for sure, and just BASHES out the blues. I find that the SG needs 57 Classic humbuckers to be versatile. Standard pickups really limit it’s usefulness. So the ’61 re-issue may be best now, but they’re not made like they used to be. The Guild Bluesbird also deserves highest praise, and is in the same category. Deafening rock & true blues. Some forums give not only 20 opinions, but 60! We are in the midst of a heated, almost violent debate about PRS someplace else. I’m backing PRS until more and more of this so-called American guitar is made in China. At least Gibson’s are all "Made in the USA". But again, that’s not your concern. Future value is not an issue. Buy whatever works for you. been there

Anonymous

Your first consideration should be what you want to do with the guitar : Do you want to play blues, rock, metal, latin? Next you should decide on a general style of guitar : stat style, Les Paul style, hollow body, Telecaster, etc… Are you buying for looks, sound, weight, etc. Ther is no single "Holy Grail." Each body style and pick-up configuration has pros and cons. You ca never say you’ll ALWAYS be happy with ANY guitar. As you grow musically, your "Taste," or tolerance for a guitar will change. That’s why we all own more than one. I kow this sounds complicated, but there is no right or wrong anwer here. Gibson makes decent guitars, but so does Jackson, Ibanez, Fender, PRS, etc… The point is, you could be satisfied with any brand, but it’s doubtful you’d be satified FOREVER. If you plan on selling it later, stick with name brands. If you don’t plan on selling it, don’t worry about brand or cost. There are great deals on USED Gibsons or any other brand out there. You have to PLAY many guitars and many brands to find YOUR identity. DO NOT buy brand X just because SRV played it. YOU can never sound like him or any other player out there. You are chasing a dream if you think you will sound like anyone but you. You CAN come close if you copy their TECHNIQUE, not their gear. EVH will always sound like EVH. He can’t help it; that’s who he IS. You are and always will be you! Don’t chase the dream. Make an informed decision by PLAYING guitars not listening to 20 opinions. Work on YOUR sound and YOUR style, not Dime. : i am planning on buing a ellectric guitar that i will always be happy with. i want one that i will not want to replace latter on. i was thinking allong the lines of a gibson sg or paul reed smith 22. does anyone have any advice on which i would be happier with ?

Anonymous

I play a lot of classic rock and am looking into buting an amp either combo or a stack. I also sing so I wouyld like to be able to run a mike through it. Any suggestions? Oh, yeah I’m trying to keep total cost under a grand.

Anonymous

: I play a lot of classic rock and am looking into buting an amp either combo or a stack. I also sing so I wouyld like to be able to run a mike through it. Any suggestions? Oh, yeah I’m trying to keep total cost under a grand. Want to have some fun, get a Pignose G40V. $200 & the think will drive a 4X12 bottom, no problem. Or get two of them & go sterio, I did, these amps are amazing!

Anonymous

: I play a lot of classic rock and am looking into buting an amp either combo or a stack. I also sing so I wouyld like to be able to run a mike through it. Any suggestions? Oh, yeah I’m trying to keep total cost under a grand. i play alot of classic rock also and i was looking for a combo amp with the sound of zep hendrix ect. i ended up going with a avt 100 which i am very happy with. you can create any sound with it and it is also great for playing metal like metalica. it also has a great clean chanel. It is a truly great amp

Anonymous

To play classic rock right get a classic amp. I recomend the Hiwatt sa212 or a Marshall combo from the 70’s or early 80’s. Ebay is a good place to find the oldies that are a little beat up but still sound great.

Anonymous

minta chord nya cinta terahir dari gigi dong

Anonymous

: minta chord nya cinta terahir dari gigi dong Well, Frank Zappa used to say "you only wipe twice".

Anonymous

hey- i was wondering if anyone knew what the worth of my takamine EF441SC would be today- it was broken by an airline and they’re going to cover the value of the guitar.

Anonymous

: hey- i was wondering if anyone knew what the worth of my takamine EF441SC would be today- it was broken by an airline and they’re going to cover the value of the guitar. Is there no dealer nearby who can take a look at it?

Anonymous

pls send me latest hindi song(mujhse saddi karoge,dhoom,dil mange more,etc…

Anonymous

: pls send me hindi song mujse shaadi karoge,dhoom,jabkoibaat bigad jaye hey ,churaliya tumne jo dil ko ,kuch kuch hota hai,and other songs of dhoom

Anonymous

fender guitars made in mexico-- how to read the serial number

This popular thread has been given its own page : fender guitars made in mexico– how to read the serial number

Anonymous

hi! I’am looking for schematic wiring for my Lado bass guitar , model # (cdn f2 1329) I ‘d appreciate it if someone out there would know anything about it and send me email ty in adv.

Anonymous

1. at some point we will all die. 2. Bin Laden will die at 102 peacfully in his sleep. 3. ALL Colombus guitars are rip off rubbish affairs.

Anonymous

i just bought a samick artist series les paul copy. it plays great and sounds pretty good too…was 150$ too much to spend?

Anonymous

150 Is a great price for a guitar, especially one youre happy with

Anonymous

what else can you get for $150?? you got a guitar that plays great and sounds good, i think thats well worth 150.

Anonymous

New fender online store : http://www.fenderstemple.fr.fm Come to see us ! We receive fender everyday !

Anonymous

the guitar: 1. american made fender strat plus 2. bought new 11+ years ago 3. sunburst, white pickguard 4. lace pickups 5. maple neck 6. barely played 7. one or two minor scratches (minor really, just telling for full disclosure purposes) 8. hard case, one latch was forecully opened and now missing due to airline security. still closes up, however. 9. serial number: n270292

Anonymous

if that was on sale in the UK it would be worth between £350-£500 ($650 – $900), from what ive seen the UK and US prices are pretty similar.

Anonymous

I want to download Kal ho na ho songs.

Anonymous

I have a framus acustic guitar, model M, serial number 52356 I would like to no aproximate value?

Anonymous

: I have a framus six string, archback acustic guitar, model M, serial number 52356 I would like to no aproximate value?

Anonymous

chord lagu

This popular thread has been given its own page : chord lagu

Anonymous

Is there anyone from the New Orleans area interested in acoustic blues. If so, please Email me. Like to find someone to jam with.

Anonymous

I posted this in the Repair Shop Forum, but there doesn’t appear to be very much going on there, so I figured I’d try posting here: I have a stock Fender Strat (Mexican made model) that I want to put a humbucker in at the bridge. I have a DiMarzio DP100 (Super Distortion) that I want to put in, but am having trouble finding info on how to wire it. It would go in the usual Strat sequence: Bridge humbucker, neck and middle single coils. 5 way selector, one volume and two tone knobs. I checked the wiring on this pickup and it has three wire coming off it. A black wire, a white wire and a bare wire. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Anonymous

take a note of ‘standard humbucking operation’ diagram. http://strings.gibson.com/PUPwiring.pdf you see you are left with 2 wires soldered and taped togther, red goes to control, while the remaining 2 are soldered to ground, usualy on top of a tone or vol pot.

Anonymous

i have a verry old gibson amplifier that i baught at a garage sale it is 50’s vintage let me know if you are interested.

Anonymous

i have a Takamine GX-200 for sale. i dont want to get rid of it but i am poor and i need money for college and so i could let it go for $300

Anonymous

i aquired a new dean guitar recently it is an older model but hasnt been played since i have received iti was wondering if anyone knew more about my new guitar.it is beautifull marbled purplpish maroon and black. please let me know

Anonymous

hey, I just got back from a old crapy shop and while i was in their i found a slivertone acoustic guitar its stripped of everything its just a wooden frame pretty much and i got it for 5 bucks so i was just wondering if somone could email if they know how much they cost to fix or how much they reagluarly are Thanks

Anonymous

: If I were you I would outfit it myself, the electronics and stuff will be kind of pricey depending on what you get but all you gotta do is find scematics for the general guitar type and install pickups and all that verbatim, fudge if absouletly needed; in the end you will have a totaly custom guitar that you built, plus it would be a bundle to have someone else do it, ya know with all the labor., P

Anonymous

: hey, : I just got back from a old crapy shop and while i was in their i found a slivertone acoustic guitar its stripped of everything its just a wooden frame pretty much and i got it for 5 bucks so i was just wondering if somone could email if they know how much they cost to fix or how much they reagluarly are : Thanks It would probably cost more than it’s worth…plant flowers in it!

Anonymous

some people have no imagination, flowers?? everybody does that, how about using it as a scarecrow?? paint it a rediculous colour, like that silly platinum colour gibson are currently using, stick it through a pole and leave it in a field, now thats original… any other ideas?

Anonymous

: some people have no imagination, flowers?? everybody does that, how about using it as a scarecrow?? paint it a rediculous colour, like that silly platinum colour gibson are currently using, stick it through a pole and leave it in a field, now thats original… any other ideas? I guess a Sears Silvertone gets no respect!

Anonymous

Does anyone know if you can authenticate a JPLP by its serial number? Thank you. Janine

Anonymous

: : Does anyone know if you can authenticate a JPLP by its serial number? : Thank you. : Janine It can be done. If not here, try your topic on our http://www.lespaulforum.com.

Anonymous

they all seem to have usual type serial numbers, i know they have all got tapered necks, so if the neck feels chunky like a 50’s neck then beware, maybe someone else can throw some more light on it, i take it you mean the mid to late 90’s JP, and not the more recent custom shop and custom shop aged models??

Anonymous

I have just come into two guitars, an Arirang Bass and an Antoria Electric, I need information on both makes.

Anonymous

i have a csl les paul copy black with black scratch plate.how can you tell how old it is i didnt buy it new it was passed to my when my uncle died and i just wonderd if any body knew its rough value because it i have to insure it seperetly from the house hold policy

Anonymous

It really depends on the condition on the axe. Is all scratched up, some what beat up, are there dents or ding in the finish, does it look dull or shiny, is the hardware clean and pretty still, or is the gold or silver plating flaking off. When you first saw this thing, did you ooh and aah, or did you say "What a piece of junk?" If your first impression was good, it might be more valuable. Any copy of a LP, to the insurance company, will be of low to very low value. I wouldn’t insure it for more than $100. Even that’s high, unless it is absolutely mint and drop-dead gorgeous. If it looks like it was never played and is MINT, maybe $150.

Anonymous

okay, I have an Epiphone Les Paul special, that when plugged in emits a major static noise from the amp when you touch the strings… to rule out any problems with the amp I tested it with both my LPS and a Gibson SG reissue, the amp worked fine with the sg, but not my lp… my next thought was to see if the bridge was grounded, I see a black wire runnin to the bridge from the back of the volume pot, so I figure that it is likely grounded… I looked around some more and noticed that the stereo (2 hots one ground) wires coming from the pickups only have 1 hot and one ground connected to anything, the other hots are just cliped, I dont know if this would cause this…. any help you might be able to offer would really be helpfull, hopefully I’ll have a soldering iron to use if you get back to me.. many thanks. Kyle

Anonymous

http://www.gibson.com/products/strings/pickups/classics.shtml look at the bottom of the page for a wiring diagram in .pdf format, it shows how to wire a classic humbucker, much the same as your LPS. if this all looks ok, i would check the jack plug input, make sure your wires are connected there. Lee

Anonymous

appraisal - BC Rich acoustic

This popular thread has been given its own page : appraisal – BC Rich acoustic

Anonymous

Hey. IT’s my first time changing strings, and my mom, grandma, dad, and I have all tried to change them, and we cant get the 2nd string out…Can anyone tell me what we’re doing wrong?? thanks for any help i can get.

Anonymous

: Hey. IT’s my first time changing strings, and my mom, grandma, dad, and I have all tried to change them, and we cant get the 2nd string out…Can anyone tell me what we’re doing wrong?? thanks for any help i can get. I’m not personally sure about tune-oh-matics, but as for synch bridges (ones with saddles) it might be jammed in there because part of the string is bent or what not. As for floyds, you gotta open the back and unstring both sides. Hope this helps.

Anonymous

what kind of guitar is it?

Anonymous

Can anyone tell me the difference between 1983 patent No. and 57 vintage reissue oickups?

Anonymous

: Can anyone tell me the difference between 1983 patent No. and 57 vintage reissue oickups? They are exactly the same pickup. 57 Classics have the stamped baseplate, here is an example of the metal stamping you might see from 1983: PAT. NO. 2,737,842.

Anonymous

: : Can anyone tell me the difference between 1983 patent No. and 57 vintage reissue oickups? : They are exactly the same pickup. 57 Classics have the stamped baseplate, here is an example of the metal stamping you might see from 1983: PAT. NO. 2,737,842. But the Pat. No. pickups are not potted and the ’57 reissues are.

Viewing 225 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.