Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Hagstrom Guitar

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I have a Hagstrom Swede guitar that I woul like to date. Anyone know how to date a Hagstrom? I bought it in the mid seventies. It is a really nice Les Paul style guitar that was made just as well as the 70’s Gibsons.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

just bought a hagstrom today that says it is an ultr swede .. it has the two toggle swithches on the horns and 4 volume/tone knobs… the serial number on the back of the headstock says M06110460.

with the two knobs it doesn’t look like the newer ultras so i am guessing it might be a bit older… looks like the northern swede but doesn’t have the northern logo on the headstock..

thanks
      jcloud

Anonymous

Check out the official Hagström site at http://www.albinhagstrom.se

they also have a book you can order "the fastest playing neck in the world" with lots of interesting facts about the guitars, serial numbers and so on..

You can also order spare parts for your Hagström!

Anonymous

Hi, I have a Swede from the same time which is a 72-73. The earlier ones (71-75) were made much better. The serial numbers are not the best for dating.

The good Swedes were from ’71-75 culminating with the Superswede in ’75. They had just joined with Ampeg at that time.

Good swedes have:

a) Fleur de-lys pattern (spearhead) inlaid in real mother of pearl and Hagstrom inlaid or script writing (like a banner) on the Superswede

b) They were available in black (mine, transparent brown mahogany, a reddish tanslucent finish, and a sunburst. If you see a blue, yellow or other non-conservative colour, it is a later swede

c)Floating string saddle bridge (you could adjust saddles back and forth and sideways on the bridge.

d) Treble/normal/bassy tone 3-way selector (heavy-duty chromed) on top and pickup selector on lower horn

e) Heavier than a Les Paul and Fatter. Ebony fingerboard

f) Red felt under the pots and 2-way trussrod

If you bought yours in the mid-seventies, it is probabaly one of the good ones. Congratulations

Dave
      Ottawa, Canada

I have a Hagstrom Swede guitar that I woul like to date. Anyone know how to date a Hagstrom? I bought it in the mid seventies. It is a really nice Les Paul style guitar that was made just as well as the 70’s Gibsons.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.