Guyatone vintage guitar amps

Posted by Verne on Wed, 05/23/01 - 12:12:25.

Hi folks,
I aquired two Guyatone vintage guitar amps recently, a GA-830 (2x 6BQ5) and a GA-1040 Jazz Reverb. Both need serviceing, hence my urgent demand for circuit diagrams or any reklevant information.
Any ideas, adresses, schematics, anybody ???

Related News:
Fender GB Hot Rod Deluxe - George Benson Signature Amp

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Guyatone vintage guitar amps

: Hi folks,
: I aquired two Guyatone vintage guitar amps recently, a GA-830 (2x 6BQ5) and a GA-1040 Jazz Reverb. Both need serviceing, hence my urgent request for circuit diagrams or any relevant information.
: Any ideas, adresses, schematics, anybody ???

: : Hi folks,
: : I aquired two Guyatone vintage guitar amps recently, a GA-830 (2x 6BQ5) and a GA-1040 Jazz Reverb. Both need serviceing, hence my urgent request for circuit diagrams or any relevant information.
: : Any ideas, adresses, schematics, anybody ???
: From what I have read on ampage, "I" would sell them. AS is. HONESTLY

: : : Hi folks,
: : : I aquired two Guyatone vintage guitar amps recently, a GA-830 (2x 6BQ5) and a GA-1040 Jazz Reverb. Both need serviceing, hence my urgent request for circuit diagrams or any relevant information.
: : : Any ideas, adresses, schematics, anybody ???
: : From what I have read on ampage, "I" would sell them. AS is. HONESTLY

I have also just recently got a GA1000 Amp head. It has 4*6L6's on the out put and another 8* 12AX7's for the pre-amp and reverb and tremolo. It is a 2 Channel with Reverb and Tremolo and one can mix the 2 into one out put. If you have any info, please keep in touch. I need to know the output impedence and wattage.

Guyatone vintage guitar amps

i too have recently acquired a guyatone amp, mine a solid state GA935. I want to know the bare essentials and perhaps its vintage value. Any help would be appreciated...

: : : : Hi folks,
: : : : I aquired two Guyatone vintage guitar amps recently, a GA-830 (2x 6BQ5) and a GA-1040 Jazz Reverb. Both need serviceing, hence my urgent request for circuit diagrams or any relevant information.
: : : : Any ideas, adresses, schematics, anybody ???
: : : From what I have read on ampage, "I" would sell them. AS is. HONESTLY

: I have also just recently got a GA1000 Amp head. It has 4*6L6's on the out put and another 8* 12AX7's for the pre-amp and reverb and tremolo. It is a 2 Channel with Reverb and Tremolo and one can mix the 2 into one out put. If you have any info, please keep in touch. I need to know the output impedence and wattage.

I HAVE THE SAME AS YOU I THINK (GA-1040 Jazz Reverb) works well, but I NEED to know the kind of fuse it uses, as I lost mine, and I need one back!!! Please, help me!!!

: : : Hi folks,
: : : I aquired two Guyatone vintage guitar amps recently, a GA-830 (2x 6BQ5) and a GA-1040 Jazz Reverb. Both need serviceing, hence my urgent request for circuit diagrams or any relevant information.
: : : Any ideas, adresses, schematics, anybody ???
: : From what I have read on ampage, "I" would sell them. AS is. HONESTLY

Hi !
One month ago I bought damaged GA-830. Now I have schematic diagrams for this ampl.
Main ampl. has at ending state 2 x EL84 and speaker STERN 12,5 VA 6 ohm (Germany).
Best wishes !

I saw that somebody seems to have a schematic for a Guyatone 830. I also have a defective one and urgently would need a schematic for service.
I'd appreciate help!

sincerely
Peter

hi, I´m fron Venezuela, we have a guyatone electric/accoustic guitar, japan made, if you have some information about it, please contact me.

Manfred

Guyatone GA-930

Hello, I´m from Croatia.
I have GA-930 model of Guyaton amps.
I need some shematic diagram, can anybody help me.
In the cover of amp. is original manufacturer
shematics but not all parts.

Guyatone Ga-1000

seem no schematics can be found about this amp ..and more over someone says it has 6l6 tubes and others says el 34 .. this is well made amp. if someone has something let us know.

Guyatone-Tokyo Sound

You might want to search "tokyo sound" as they produced the Guyatone amps back in the day.
I own a Solid State Guyatone-Tokyo Sound GA-935 head and cab. A two channel amp from the late 60's.
Mine works, but there is a serious background noise. But Schematics are almost non existend.

Though it's a point to point wired amp, build like a tube amp, but no actual tubes. Most likely one of the very first Solid state amps.
Layout is very simelar to a tube amp, there is even a choke. And the amp has a very Fender inspired tremolo and reverb on the first channel and the second channel is very much like a Blackface Bassman.

Cool sounding amp with it's original cab.

I replaced the tubes w what

I replaced the tubes w what I determined to be correct:

2 el-84s

3 12au7s

1 12at7

1 el-95

sounds great .. got a guyatone ga-830 out of my neighbors attic, needed some tlc

service manual

I need a service manual for a Guyatone model GA-930

service manual

I need a service manual for a Guyatone GA-930 guitar amplifier

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.