Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Guyatone vintage guitar amps

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Hi folks,
    I aquired two Guyatone vintage guitar amps recently, a GA-830 (2x 6BQ5) and a GA-1040 Jazz Reverb. Both need serviceing, hence my urgent demand for circuit diagrams or any reklevant information.
    Any ideas, adresses, schematics, anybody ???

Related News:
    Fender GB Hot Rod Deluxe – George Benson Signature Amp

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I need a service manual for a Guyatone GA-930 guitar amplifier

Anonymous

I need a service manual for a Guyatone model GA-930

Anonymous

I replaced the tubes w what I determined to be correct:

2 el-84s

3 12au7s

1 12at7

1 el-95

sounds great .. got a guyatone ga-830 out of my neighbors attic, needed some tlc

Anonymous

You might want to search “tokyo sound” as they produced the Guyatone amps back in the day.
      I own a Solid State Guyatone-Tokyo Sound GA-935 head and cab. A two channel amp from the late 60’s.
      Mine works, but there is a serious background noise. But Schematics are almost non existend.

Though it’s a point to point wired amp, build like a tube amp, but no actual tubes. Most likely one of the very first Solid state amps.
      Layout is very simelar to a tube amp, there is even a choke. And the amp has a very Fender inspired tremolo and reverb on the first channel and the second channel is very much like a Blackface Bassman.

Cool sounding amp with it’s original cab.

Anonymous

seem no schematics can be found about this amp ..and more over someone says it has 6l6 tubes and others says el 34 .. this is well made amp. if someone has something let us know.

Anonymous

: : Hi folks,
      : : I aquired two Guyatone vintage guitar amps recently, a GA-830 (2x 6BQ5) and a GA-1040 Jazz Reverb. Both need serviceing, hence my urgent request for circuit diagrams or any relevant information.
      : : Any ideas, adresses, schematics, anybody ???
      : From what I have read on ampage, "I" would sell them. AS is. HONESTLY

Anonymous

I saw that somebody seems to have a schematic for a Guyatone 830. I also have a defective one and urgently would need a schematic for service. I’d appreciate help! sincerely Peter

Anonymous

: : : Hi folks, : : : I aquired two Guyatone vintage guitar amps recently, a GA-830 (2x 6BQ5) and a GA-1040 Jazz Reverb. Both need serviceing, hence my urgent request for circuit diagrams or any relevant information. : : : Any ideas, adresses, schematics, anybody ??? : : From what I have read on ampage, "I" would sell them. AS is. HONESTLY Hi ! One month ago I bought damaged GA-830. Now I have schematic diagrams for this ampl. Main ampl. has at ending state 2 x EL84 and speaker STERN 12,5 VA 6 ohm (Germany). Best wishes !

Anonymous

: : : Hi folks, : : : I aquired two Guyatone vintage guitar amps recently, a GA-830 (2x 6BQ5) and a GA-1040 Jazz Reverb. Both need serviceing, hence my urgent request for circuit diagrams or any relevant information. : : : Any ideas, adresses, schematics, anybody ??? : : From what I have read on ampage, "I" would sell them. AS is. HONESTLY I have also just recently got a GA1000 Amp head. It has 4*6L6’s on the out put and another 8* 12AX7’s for the pre-amp and reverb and tremolo. It is a 2 Channel with Reverb and Tremolo and one can mix the 2 into one out put. If you have any info, please keep in touch. I need to know the output impedence and wattage.

Anonymous

: : : : Hi folks, : : : : I aquired two Guyatone vintage guitar amps recently, a GA-830 (2x 6BQ5) and a GA-1040 Jazz Reverb. Both need serviceing, hence my urgent request for circuit diagrams or any relevant information. : : : : Any ideas, adresses, schematics, anybody ??? : : : From what I have read on ampage, "I" would sell them. AS is. HONESTLY : I have also just recently got a GA1000 Amp head. It has 4*6L6’s on the out put and another 8* 12AX7’s for the pre-amp and reverb and tremolo. It is a 2 Channel with Reverb and Tremolo and one can mix the 2 into one out put. If you have any info, please keep in touch. I need to know the output impedence and wattage. I HAVE THE SAME AS YOU I THINK (GA-1040 Jazz Reverb) works well, but I NEED to know the kind of fuse it uses, as I lost mine, and I need one back!!! Please, help me!!!

Anonymous

i too have recently acquired a guyatone amp, mine a solid state GA935. I want to know the bare essentials and perhaps its vintage value. Any help would be appreciated…

Anonymous

: Hi folks,
      : I aquired two Guyatone vintage guitar amps recently, a GA-830 (2x 6BQ5) and a GA-1040 Jazz Reverb. Both need serviceing, hence my urgent request for circuit diagrams or any relevant information.
      : Any ideas, adresses, schematics, anybody ???

Anonymous

hi, I´m fron Venezuela, we have a guyatone electric/accoustic guitar, japan made, if you have some information about it, please contact me. Manfred

Anonymous

Hello, I´m from Croatia. I have GA-930 model of Guyaton amps. I need some shematic diagram, can anybody help me. In the cover of amp. is original manufacturer shematics but not all parts.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.