Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics HENDRIX WAS CRAP!!!

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Yeah Man

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I wouldn’t say he was crap, he was good in his time but his playing sounds dated now. Eddie Van Halen’s (who released his debut 25 years ago) playing still sounds fresh today.

Anonymous

I think everyone that said Hendrix was crap is full of shit. They obviously know nothing about guitar. Who else could play guitar with their toes and their teeth? Hendrix was the god of guitar, and always will be.

Anonymous

No way Jose!!! just tell me if anyone out there,thats tried a Marshall AMP DOESN’T WANT TO GET HIS SOUND Or style,even his way of dressing!wish we had someone like him nowadays;who’s going to stand up for the challenge?I’m a guitarrist for 3 decades now & still never heard anybody better at his genre.Bye.Ernieb.

Anonymous

: anyone that thinks Hendrix sucked is a total idiot.And as for these guys that blow him away ,who?Ywngwie or however it’s spelled ?He sucks ass,may have good techniqe but his music is boring crap along with so many of these other supposed greats

Anonymous

– Hendrix’s timing was innate.
      – Hendrix actually experimented instead of ripping off everybody the way you do.
      – Hendrix wrote most of his songs. When was the last time you wrote a timeless classic? How about three? Ten?
      – Hndrix was stoned and still palyed great.

hendrix was good.

Anonymous

: I WOULDNT SAY HE WAS CRAP, BUT I THINK THAT HE WAS GOOD FOR HIS TIME. ALONG THE WAY, MANY HAVE COME
      AND GONE WHO WOULD F R Y HENDRIX. THERE ARE MANY TODAY,WHO WOULD FRY HENDRIX. HE LAID A LITTLE FEED-BACK
      BIG DEAL

Anonymous

And Andres Segovia would fry any rock guitarist if the only measurement is technique. Must you be reminded that music is art and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Anonymous

: : I WOULDNT SAY HE WAS CRAP, BUT I THINK THAT HE WAS GOOD FOR HIS TIME. ALONG THE WAY, MANY HAVE COME : AND GONE WHO WOULD F R Y HENDRIX. THERE ARE MANY TODAY,WHO WOULD FRY HENDRIX. HE LAID A LITTLE FEED-BACK : BIG DEAL

Anonymous

: : : I WOULDNT SAY HE WAS CRAP, BUT I THINK THAT HE WAS GOOD FOR HIS TIME. ALONG THE WAY, MANY HAVE COME : : AND GONE WHO WOULD F R Y HENDRIX. THERE ARE MANY TODAY,WHO WOULD FRY HENDRIX. HE LAID A LITTLE FEED-BACK : : BIG DEAL —————– Big Deal? A double bypass is NO BIG DEAL today… but I would have been interested in you undergoing one 20 or 30 years ago. You cannot be so NARROW MINDED as to believe the drivel that is coming outta yer chops.

Anonymous

You apparently are either deaf or so technically incompetent with the guitar that you may as well be deaf.

Anonymous

whomever had the audacity to make that statement
      obviously has shit for brains.(and no discernable talent for music appreciation to match)
      Jimi "FUCKING" Hendrix was a guitar "GOD"
      you fucking idiot!!!

Anonymous

: Yeah Man

Sorry guys, I don’t agree. Forget this post. Find the yellow jacket color Jimi Hendrix album, which shows him, a black and white Flying V Strapped on his shoulders, and a hornet nest in the right corner. If you can find the album, listen to it, and think again.

This album might be a bootleg, and I think it’s called "From The Hornet’s Nest". Some great playing.

As for his creative writing, Jimi’s main thing is the blues. The lyrics come from feeling, so you have to read between the lines, kind of interactive…it’s to make a long story short. During his time, he played with many great players, and they state he was the best. Died at the age of, what, uh 26???? That’s bloody impressive!!!!

Plus, I also think this is a ploy to lure people to the site.

Anonymous

Never saw him live. But he was the first to really exploit distortion and feedback as part of the instrument. As far as his songwriting, I personally never liked it.

Anonymous

it must be noted that hendrix himself stated that his playing was sub-standard when standing in a recording studio, not having the energy of a live audience to inspire him. you really did have to see him live to be impressed with his lead playing.
      his songwriting, tho, is great even by todays standards – fire, purple haze, foxy lady, manic depression, hey joe – I could go on…
      hey, if you can’t stand ‘his sound’, check out other artists covers of his stuff…awesome!

btw…by any chance is this a ploy to get people to come to the site & participate? is readership low? I say this b/c "yeah man" is hardly a convincing arguement to the statement that "(insert artist name here) WAS CRAP!!!"
      anyways…

Anonymous
      Anonymous

You blokes missed him live didn’t you …………

Anonymous

Glad someone said it

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.