Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Re: Help me buy: Cort NTL CE CUSTOM?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

: After falling in love with an accoustic steel-string guitar, I have been searching the internet for reviews, tips and suggestions to help me make a decision. The guitar I fell in love with is the Cort NTL CE Custom, which is a quite expensive accoustic guitar to my taste, even though I have already found out that it is not much more than a midrange guitar in pricing.

: I want to know if you can help me make my decision by telling me if it’s a good purchase and good value for money:
    : It’s an all solid-wood small jumbo guitar with a cutaway. The top is AA engelmann spruce. The back and sides are select east indian rosewood. The neck is quilted mahogany and has a satin finish. The nut and saddle are true bone, not plastic, corian, or other man made material. The fingerboard, bridge, and end pins are ebony. The binding is flame maple around the indian rosewood headstock, fingerboard, top, and back. The neck is thin with a width at the nut of 1 11/16" or 1.69". The scale length is 25.25". It has gold grover tuners that are easy to turn, no binding up. The sound hole has a abalone shell rosette.

: If I compare that to Taylor, Martin or Takamine, these features on those brands will produce guitars that are three times more expensive. Now I realize that the money must go somewhere, so I want to know where’s the catch?

: I do not intend to spend much more money on an accoustic guitar, so can you tell me if this is the best purchase or should I look for something else?

: Thank you in advance!

: Best regards,

: Joost Assink
    : The Netherlands

john tetreault united states

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

[The body of this post has been lost]

Anonymous

: : : After falling in love with an accoustic steel-string guitar, I have been searching the internet for reviews, tips and suggestions to help me make a decision. The guitar I fell in love with is the Cort NTL CE Custom, which is a quite expensive accoustic guitar to my taste, even though I have already found out that it is not much more than a midrange guitar in pricing. : : : I want to know if you can help me make my decision by telling me if it’s a good purchase and good value for money: : : : It’s an all solid-wood small jumbo guitar with a cutaway. The top is AA engelmann spruce. The back and sides are select east indian rosewood. The neck is quilted mahogany and has a satin finish. The nut and saddle are true bone, not plastic, corian, or other man made material. The fingerboard, bridge, and end pins are ebony. The binding is flame maple around the indian rosewood headstock, fingerboard, top, and back. The neck is thin with a width at the nut of 1 11/16" or 1.69". The scale length is 25.25". It has gold grover tuners that are easy to turn, no binding up. The sound hole has a abalone shell rosette. : : : If I compare that to Taylor, Martin or Takamine, these features on those brands will produce guitars that are three times more expensive. Now I realize that the money must go somewhere, so I want to know where’s the catch? : : : I do not intend to spend much more money on an accoustic guitar, so can you tell me if this is the best purchase or should I look for something else? : : : Thank you in advance! : : : Best regards, : : : Joost Assink : : : The Netherlands : : john tetreault united states i have owned my 12 string cort model# aj870-12 accoustic for about 5 years and it is one of the most incredible sounding guitars i own it is 1 of 5 accoustics that i own and would not hesitate to buy another cort,it is well made for an inexpensive guitar and fairly easy to finger hope this helps J.T

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.