ARIA FET-STP Acoustic-Electric Guitar

Posted by Alex on Thu, 07/12/01 - 23:13:02.

I am a beginner guitar player. I have found a ARIA FET-STP Acoustic-Elextric guitar for $350 canadian dollars. Is this a good guitar/Brand? Please Respond Very Soon

Related News:
The 5 Best Acoustic-Electric Guitars Under $500

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: ARIA FET-STP Acoustic-Electric Guitar

$350 canadians is what $300 or more american? if so as a beggining guitarist you can get a damn good guitar for $300. Im not sure about that brand, but if all else fails you might want to try fender, jasmine, or even yamaha. plenty of good choices for that money.
good luck

Re: ARIA FET-STP Acoustic-Electric Guitar

I have an Aria AW 6810 (dreadnought) that I've owned since 1976 (paid US$175 in 1976 dollars) and I've been very pleased with it--good tone and action, and the construction quality is good. I've thought of trading recently, but can't find a comparable guitar (solid rosewood back and sides, solid spruce top) that I can afford!

To address your question: Aria made some very good guitars in Japan in the 70's but I'm not sure of the quality now; since there's no longer a local Aria dealer, I haven't been able to check them out. I agree with Jordan's post, though, there should be a lot of guitars in your price range, so I would compare several brands before making a final decision. My feeling is the Aria would be a good choice for a beginner-intermediate player on a budget if the quality is anything near that of my guitar.

I would add Lasido's Seagull line and Dean to Jordan's list. They are making some great guitars that should be in your price range.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.